User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 74

  1. #1

    Default Type me video! >.<

    Forgive me, I initially made these videos for the mbti subreddit. Hopefully this will suffice. I mainly just go off of a few questions provided by a Reddit user.


    brace face pt 1 - YouTube

    pt. 2:

    pt 2 - YouTube


    Not too sure how many of you are familiar with video typing...I'm newly registered here. I'm looking for a dichotomy typing based off of Jung's cognitive functions. Not to be picky or anything >.<

    Feel free to ask any further questions if it would help you reach a more conclusive answer! Thanks
    Likes Forever liked this post

  2. #2
    "Timber." Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    INFJ duh.
    Likes bechimo liked this post

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    INFJ duh.
    Why would you say so?

  4. #4
    "Timber." Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Honestly, I could tell straight away.

    First of all, you "recorded" an entire 15 minutes of video before realizing you weren't recording, which strongly suggests inferior sensing. You also do that thing that INFJs do when they think/speak, which consists of long pauses and looking off to the side or up. INFJs, especially young ones, may come across as spacey or "slow" because of this, when in fact it's simply a sign of Ni and undeveloped Ti. You also stated that you are present and future oriented, which excludes Si and suggests Ni. Your Fe was obvious as well when you spoke of your job and why you like it. Well, maybe not super obvious, but yes, the pieces fit.

    So, Ni dom with inferior Se, and definitely not a Te user (I mean, I can literally see you thinking with your Ti.)

    Also, I know my type when I see them.
    Likes riva liked this post

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Honestly, I could tell straight away.

    First of all, you "recorded" an entire 15 minutes of video before realizing you weren't recording, which strongly suggests inferior sensing. You also do that thing that INFJs do when they think/speak, which consists of long pauses and looking off to the side or up. INFJs, especially young ones, may come across as spacey or "slow" because of this, when in fact it's simply a sign of Ni and undeveloped Ti. You also stated that you are present and future oriented, which excludes Si and suggests Ni. Your Fe was obvious as well when you spoke of your job and why you like it. Well, maybe not super obvious, but yes, the pieces fit.

    So, Ni dom with inferior Se, and definitely not a Te user (I mean, I can literally see you thinking with your Ti.)

    Also, I know my type when I see them.

    What behavior in thinking/processing do you typically notice in dominant Si users?

  6. #6
    "Timber." Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beloiseau View Post
    What behavior in thinking/processing do you typically notice in dominant Si users?
    Si doms are very grounded. They have a good memory of things that happen around them. They appear present as opposed to being stuck in thought. They tend to have a quiet strength or self-control about them, rather down-to-earth, can be sort of serious in demeanor.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Si doms are very grounded. They have a good memory of things that happen around them. They appear present as opposed to being stuck in thought. They tend to have a quiet strength or self-control about them, rather down-to-earth, can be sort of serious in demeanor.
    I've definitely noticed that as well. I'm trying to get better at visual typing. I find typing via writing incredibly easy. I typically focus on tone and key words, without paying attention to specifics. In fact, I wouldn't be able to pinpoint specific words. It's more about how a message is conveyed...how things are phrased. I can immediately determine Fi vs Fe, Ne or Se, and Te vs Ti. Usually, filling in the gaps such as position in stack comes naturally. It's easy to tell whether a person is describing themselves in a certain way in order to fish for a desired typing as well. I read a LOT and love analyzing literature, so I feel that may have something to do with how quick it is for me.

    Visual/behavioral typing is something I'm struggling with. I really haven't attempted enough to say I'm failing but I feel like I am. It seems people who are more practiced on visual typing. What would you personally say is a tell-tale sign of Ni vs Ne?

  8. #8
    "Timber." Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beloiseau View Post
    Visual/behavioral typing is something I'm struggling with. I really haven't attempted enough to say I'm failing but I feel like I am. It seems people who are more practiced on visual typing. What would you personally say is a tell-tale sign of Ni vs Ne?
    Well dom Ni and dom Ne are fairly obvious, in many cases. Of course, it kind of depends on enneagram type and instinctual stacking too as far as what level of energy will be displayed. Aux Ni and aux Ne are less obvious, but still pop up frequently (INTPs and their word-play for example, or INFPs and their creative expression).

    Hmmm, I'm not really answering your question.

    Ne is explosive, it moves outward and doesn't like boundaries. It's very creative and revolves around possibilities.
    Ni is analytical and moves backward and in between. It seeks similarities and wants to understand universal truths.


    Still not answering your question. I am still working on visual typing myself, but INFJs are easy for me because it's familiar. I am much better at assessing enneagram and instincts than I am at assessing MBTI functions, I think because I focus so much on the "why" of people as opposed to the "how" of people in terms of their behavior. Motives and fears are far more fascinating to me than the manner of interaction/processing.
    Likes Nørrsken liked this post

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Well dom Ni and dom Ne are fairly obvious, in many cases. Of course, it kind of depends on enneagram type and instinctual stacking too as far as what level of energy will be displayed. Aux Ni and aux Ne are less obvious, but still pop up frequently (INTPs and their word-play for example, or INFPs and their creative expression).

    Hmmm, I'm not really answering your question.

    Ne is explosive, it moves outward and doesn't like boundaries. It's very creative and revolves around possibilities.
    Ni is analytical and moves backward and in between. It seeks similarities and wants to understand universal truths.


    Still not answering your question. I am still working on visual typing myself, but INFJs are easy for me because it's familiar. I am much better at assessing enneagram and instincts than I am at assessing MBTI functions, I think because I focus so much on the "why" of people as opposed to the "how" of people in terms of their behavior. Motives and fears are far more fascinating to me than the manner of interaction/processing.

    I guess I meant visual (movement habits of face and body..?) manifestation of Ne vs Ni :P


    I much prefer the "why" as well. I like cognitive function theory because I use the understanding of how to then understand the why in decision making, life choices, behavior, drive, etc. Cognitive function theory is one of many theories I apply to create a singular clarity to human nature.


    Are you absolutely positive I'm an INFJ? I've always been typed as INFJ (particularly through videos, INTP a couple of times when people tried to type me through what I write) but I'm not sure what amount of confirmations from people I'll apparently need to accept it lol.

  10. #10
    "Timber." Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beloiseau View Post
    I guess I meant visual (movement habits of face and body..?) manifestation of Ne vs Ni :P


    I much prefer the "why" as well. I like cognitive function theory because I use the understanding of how to then understand the why in decision making, life choices, behavior, drive, etc. Cognitive function theory is one of many theories I apply to create a singular clarity to human nature.


    Are you absolutely positive I'm an INFJ? I've always been typed as INFJ (particularly through videos, INTP a couple of times when people tried to type me through what I write) but I'm not sure what amount of confirmations from people I'll apparently need to accept it lol.
    Well no, I can't be 100% sure, but I am confident enough that I would bet on it.

    I cannot see you as an INTP. You would have an easier time explain your thoughts because you would be confident in your Ti. Your Ti shows very clearly in writing, but not very clearly in speech; classic INFJ.

    And I'm probably not the greatest person to ask as far as visual clues to functions because I haven't had a chance to analyze the body language of that many people whose typing I have determined. I know mostly about my own type, a bit about ISFJ,ISFP, ISTJ, INFP, INTP, ESFJ, ESFP, and ESTP. I'm not very social irl and tend to stick to my romantic relationships and immediate family. Everything else is just reflecting on vague memories and theorizing about those around me, without confirmation.

    A lot of it has to do with facial features too. You have classic large NF eyes, as do I.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts