• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me video! >.<

beloiseau

Forgive me, I initially made these videos for the mbti subreddit. Hopefully this will suffice. I mainly just go off of a few questions provided by a Reddit user.

brace face pt 1 - YouTube

pt. 2:

pt 2 - YouTube

Not too sure how many of you are familiar with video typing...I'm newly registered here. I'm looking for a dichotomy typing based off of Jung's cognitive functions. Not to be picky or anything >.<

Feel free to ask any further questions if it would help you reach a more conclusive answer! Thanks :)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Honestly, I could tell straight away.

First of all, you "recorded" an entire 15 minutes of video before realizing you weren't recording, which strongly suggests inferior sensing. You also do that thing that INFJs do when they think/speak, which consists of long pauses and looking off to the side or up. INFJs, especially young ones, may come across as spacey or "slow" because of this, when in fact it's simply a sign of Ni and undeveloped Ti. You also stated that you are present and future oriented, which excludes Si and suggests Ni. Your Fe was obvious as well when you spoke of your job and why you like it. Well, maybe not super obvious, but yes, the pieces fit.

So, Ni dom with inferior Se, and definitely not a Te user (I mean, I can literally see you thinking with your Ti.)

Also, I know my type when I see them. :gleam:

beloiseau

First of all, you "recorded" an entire 15 minutes of video before realizing you weren't recording, which strongly suggests inferior sensing. You also do that thing that INFJs do when they think/speak, which consists of long pauses and looking off to the side or up. INFJs, especially young ones, may come across as spacey or "slow" because of this, when in fact it's simply a sign of Ni and undeveloped Ti. You also stated that you are present and future oriented, which excludes Si and suggests Ni. Your Fe was obvious as well when you spoke of your job and why you like it. Well, maybe not super obvious, but yes, the pieces fit.

So, Ni dom with inferior Se, and definitely not a Te user (I mean, I can literally see you thinking with your Ti.)

What behavior in thinking/processing do you typically notice in dominant Si users?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
What behavior in thinking/processing do you typically notice in dominant Si users?

Si doms are very grounded. They have a good memory of things that happen around them. They appear present as opposed to being stuck in thought. They tend to have a quiet strength or self-control about them, rather down-to-earth, can be sort of serious in demeanor.

beloiseau

Si doms are very grounded. They have a good memory of things that happen around them. They appear present as opposed to being stuck in thought. They tend to have a quiet strength or self-control about them, rather down-to-earth, can be sort of serious in demeanor.

I've definitely noticed that as well. I'm trying to get better at visual typing. I find typing via writing incredibly easy. I typically focus on tone and key words, without paying attention to specifics. In fact, I wouldn't be able to pinpoint specific words. It's more about how a message is conveyed...how things are phrased. I can immediately determine Fi vs Fe, Ne or Se, and Te vs Ti. Usually, filling in the gaps such as position in stack comes naturally. It's easy to tell whether a person is describing themselves in a certain way in order to fish for a desired typing as well. I read a LOT and love analyzing literature, so I feel that may have something to do with how quick it is for me.

Visual/behavioral typing is something I'm struggling with. I really haven't attempted enough to say I'm failing but I feel like I am. It seems people who are more practiced on visual typing. What would you personally say is a tell-tale sign of Ni vs Ne?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Visual/behavioral typing is something I'm struggling with. I really haven't attempted enough to say I'm failing but I feel like I am. It seems people who are more practiced on visual typing. What would you personally say is a tell-tale sign of Ni vs Ne?

Well dom Ni and dom Ne are fairly obvious, in many cases. Of course, it kind of depends on enneagram type and instinctual stacking too as far as what level of energy will be displayed. Aux Ni and aux Ne are less obvious, but still pop up frequently (INTPs and their word-play for example, or INFPs and their creative expression).

Hmmm, I'm not really answering your question.

Ne is explosive, it moves outward and doesn't like boundaries. It's very creative and revolves around possibilities.
Ni is analytical and moves backward and in between. It seeks similarities and wants to understand universal truths.

Still not answering your question. I am still working on visual typing myself, but INFJs are easy for me because it's familiar. I am much better at assessing enneagram and instincts than I am at assessing MBTI functions, I think because I focus so much on the "why" of people as opposed to the "how" of people in terms of their behavior. Motives and fears are far more fascinating to me than the manner of interaction/processing.

beloiseau

Well dom Ni and dom Ne are fairly obvious, in many cases. Of course, it kind of depends on enneagram type and instinctual stacking too as far as what level of energy will be displayed. Aux Ni and aux Ne are less obvious, but still pop up frequently (INTPs and their word-play for example, or INFPs and their creative expression).

Hmmm, I'm not really answering your question.

Ne is explosive, it moves outward and doesn't like boundaries. It's very creative and revolves around possibilities.
Ni is analytical and moves backward and in between. It seeks similarities and wants to understand universal truths.

Still not answering your question. I am still working on visual typing myself, but INFJs are easy for me because it's familiar. I am much better at assessing enneagram and instincts than I am at assessing MBTI functions, I think because I focus so much on the "why" of people as opposed to the "how" of people in terms of their behavior. Motives and fears are far more fascinating to me than the manner of interaction/processing.

I guess I meant visual (movement habits of face and body..?) manifestation of Ne vs Ni :p

I much prefer the "why" as well. I like cognitive function theory because I use the understanding of how to then understand the why in decision making, life choices, behavior, drive, etc. Cognitive function theory is one of many theories I apply to create a singular clarity to human nature.

Are you absolutely positive I'm an INFJ? I've always been typed as INFJ (particularly through videos, INTP a couple of times when people tried to type me through what I write) but I'm not sure what amount of confirmations from people I'll apparently need to accept it lol.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I guess I meant visual (movement habits of face and body..?) manifestation of Ne vs Ni :p

I much prefer the "why" as well. I like cognitive function theory because I use the understanding of how to then understand the why in decision making, life choices, behavior, drive, etc. Cognitive function theory is one of many theories I apply to create a singular clarity to human nature.

Are you absolutely positive I'm an INFJ? I've always been typed as INFJ (particularly through videos, INTP a couple of times when people tried to type me through what I write) but I'm not sure what amount of confirmations from people I'll apparently need to accept it lol.

Well no, I can't be 100% sure, but I am confident enough that I would bet on it.

I cannot see you as an INTP. You would have an easier time explain your thoughts because you would be confident in your Ti. Your Ti shows very clearly in writing, but not very clearly in speech; classic INFJ.

And I'm probably not the greatest person to ask as far as visual clues to functions because I haven't had a chance to analyze the body language of that many people whose typing I have determined. I know mostly about my own type, a bit about ISFJ,ISFP, ISTJ, INFP, INTP, ESFJ, ESFP, and ESTP. I'm not very social irl and tend to stick to my romantic relationships and immediate family. Everything else is just reflecting on vague memories and theorizing about those around me, without confirmation.

A lot of it has to do with facial features too. You have classic large NF eyes, as do I.

rav3n

Another vote for an INF of some variety since INTPs are more explicit with the two punch of Ti and Si. They do remember what they're thinking, especially conceptual thought. INTPs have well categorised thoughts.

Beyond that, you're so lovely!

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Stenographer, submit the following entry :
"Another INFJ unicorn spotted."

beloiseau

Stenographer, submit the following entry : "Another INFJ unicorn spotted."
Why so?

- - - Updated - - -

Another vote for an INF of some variety since INTPs are more explicit with the two punch of Ti and Si. They do remember what they're thinking, especially conceptual thought. INTPs have well categorised thoughts. Beyond that, you're so lovely!

Wow, thank you! ^_^ that's so sweet.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Lolz at talking for so long without the the video recording.

I think you are confused between INFJ and INTP? I would go with INFJ because - like Peter said - you don't sound so confident with your Ti. An INTP going on Ti tangents would go on and on connecting all tangents to other tangents by using Ne backing them up with knowledge (their Si) and finally to the main point they were trying to prove.

I really don't know what type you are. Sorry. I find it hard to type you from the questions you were answering. Perhaps if you can read the Fe and Fi descriptions and let us know what you agree with the most.

Never considered IFP?

I liked this post, not because I agree with your typing of her, because I liked what you've written and learned a few things from it about INFJs.

:D

beloiseau

Lolz at talking for so long without the the video recording. I think you are confused between INFJ and INTP? I would go with INFJ because - like Peter said - you don't sound so confident with your Ti. An INTP going on Ti tangents would go on and on connecting all tangents to other tangents by using Ne backing them up with knowledge (their Si) and finally to the main point they were trying to prove. I really don't know what type you are. Sorry. I find it hard to type you from the questions you were answering. Perhaps if you can read the Fe and Fi descriptions and let us know what you agree with the most. Never considered IFP? I liked this post, not because I agree with your typing of her, because I liked what you've written and learned a few things from it about INFJs. :D
I know that I use Fe over Fi. I always thought I was an INFP before researching the functions and discovering I'm definitely NOT an Fi dom.
I'm probably more so trying to figure out if I'm an Si dom, I guess.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I know that I use Fe over Fi. I always thought I was an INFP before researching the functions and discovering I'm definitely NOT an Fi dom.
I'm probably more so trying to figure out if I'm an Si dom, I guess.

Oh I see. Usually IFs confused about their typing go from INFJ to INFP and then go to explore ISFs as their type. ISFs have terribly descriptions, so I wouldn't blame them for that. You are the other way around it seems in your self typing.

So you know you are not a Fi user for sure. That's a start.

You are definitely not a ISTJs. Oh man, even I am more ISTJ than you.

Between INFJ and ISFJ I would have to go with INFJ FOR NOW, since you seem so 'lost in thinking' and you have a slight 'sensotarded' vibe which I would associate with Ns than Ss. I hope those two phrases didn't offend you. They are commonly used in MBTI forums to describe extreme Ns :).

You might enjoy this thread.

ISFJs aren't usually sensortarded, though of course anyone is capable of being so.

But to be very honest I haven't interacted with many young INFJ girls to relate you to ones I've known. Almost all the INFJ women I have known and interacted with - whom I am certain are INFJ - were 25 or above. - I am just giving a tentative age here -

I do know a few INFJ males/boys. Almost all of them have a bit of a gender identity discomfort. The males I mean, not the women.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
You know when you perceive many aspects of a problem as mundane and irrelevant, and you'd rather jump into the solution because you already got the gist of it after you have received an overwhelming torrent of information that made the conclusion snap out of your mind just like that in a very Eureka moment? Still happens to you many times? Ni is deemed as the shortcut of functions. Ni makes decisions based on empirical data most of the times rather than purely analytical data. Hence why Ni-Dom exhibit the "Duh", "captain obvious", "Do you really need me to explain that?", or the "Why isn't common sense more common" unapologetic inner self-righteous attitude, and most perfectly when something seems very crystal clear to us but evades the minds of those around. You might even find it very hard to explain and put to words since it resides within the confines of something axiomatic for the Ni-Dom, for it is information gathered in a whole level of intuition mastery and gut feeling. It doesn't mean that you cannot rely on the scientific method to exact your analytical pursuits, rather your intuitive prowess will be the overseer.

The way you imagine things around you metaphorically as you speak, and the way you revise yourself before saying things that you subsconsciously might deem as inappropriate, only because you're compassionate and courteous about others' feelings.

"I'll never come up with something like Harry Potter."
You said that the same moment as you're considering whether it could happen in the future or not. "But ....Hmph, No...Nah...Naaaah... Pff... na ah :( "

The pauses as you entertain the ideas on the present moment instead of refering to a referundum of principles that might in obliquity sway you of feeling the core of the thought and formulating it into human vernacular is indeed a hint about your INXXness, or better yet, your INFXness.

Your eye cues coupled with your Fe and the way you express your feelings is definitely another hint. Your eyes, when you process with feelings your deepest thoughts, your very unspoken and outlandish thoughts for that matter, and the possibilities that lies ahead, they have that particular glow about them which is loyal to the way INFJs process information. You probably heard, you are hearing, and will hear comments about your mystic INFJ eyes.

I take it that those who don't know you, especially on the Interwebs, might think you're a TsunTsun, but there is that fluffy dere dere, a very very freaking pleasantly velvety side that you zealously show to those you're accustomed with.

Of course you're a good listener. Goddamn.
Of course you find it sometimes hard to recollect your thoughts and translate them linguistically that you'd seem shy, very softspoken, and people want to tell you "Can you please speak into the microphone."

Leah, look, you're an INFJ.

All motions against INFJ are denied.
Everyone is excused.
This session is adjourned.

**Hits the gavel**

beloiseau

You know when you perceive many aspects of a problem as mundane and irrelevant, and you'd rather jump into the solution because you already got the gist of it after you have received an overwhelming torrent of information that made the conclusion snap out of your mind just like that in a very Eureka moment? Still happens to you many times? Ni is deemed as the shortcut of functions. Ni makes decisions based on empirical data most of the times rather than purely analytical data. Hence why Ni-Dom exhibit the "Duh", "captain obvious", "Do you really need me to explain that?", or the "Why isn't common sense more common" unapologetic inner self-righteous attitude, and most perfectly when something seems very crystal clear to us but evades the minds of those around. You might even find it very hard to explain and put to words since it resides within the confines of something axiomatic for the Ni-Dom, for it is information gathered in a whole level of intuition mastery and gut feeling. It doesn't mean that you cannot rely on the scientific method to exact your analytical pursuits, rather your intuitive prowess will be the overseer.

The way you imagine things around you metaphorically as you speak, and the way you revise yourself before saying things that you subsconsciously might deem as inappropriate, only because you're compassionate and courteous about others' feelings.

"I'll never come up with something like Harry Potter."
You said that the same moment as you're considering whether it could happen in the future or not. "But ....Hmph, No...Nah...Naaaah... Pff... na ah :( "

The pauses as you entertain the ideas on the present moment instead of refering to a referundum of principles that might in obliquity sway you of feeling the core of the thought and formulating it into human vernacular is indeed a hint about your INXXness, or better yet, your INFXness.

Your eye cues coupled with your Fe and the way you express your feelings is definitely another hint. Your eyes, when you process with feelings your deepest thoughts, your very unspoken and outlandish thoughts for that matter, and the possibilities that lies ahead, they have that particular glow about them which is loyal to the way INFJs process information. You probably heard, you are hearing, and will hear comments about your mystic INFJ eyes.

I take it that those who don't know you, especially on the Interwebs, might think you're a TsunTsun, but there is that fluffy dere dere, a very very freaking pleasantly velvety side that you zealously show to those you're accustomed with.

Of course you're a good listener. Goddamn.
Of course you find it sometimes hard to recollect your thoughts and translate them linguistically that you'd seem shy, very softspoken, and people want to tell you "Can you please speak into the microphone."

Leah, look, you're an INFJ.

All motions against INFJ are denied.
Everyone is excused.
This session is adjourned.

**Hits the gavel**

I don't feel complex/special enough to be an INFJ :alttongue:

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
So, it appears our INFJ friend had so many things at the tip of her tongue that she wanted to share but she was like "Nah, it's, it's pff, it's not important. Nevermind...".

I don't feel complex/special enough to be an INFJ, if that makes any sense :alttongue:

Of course, my INFJ friend. Welcome among us, Leah.

beloiseau

So, it appears our INFJ friend had so many things at the tip of her tongue that she wanted to share but she was like "Nah, it's, it's pff, it's not important. Nevermind...".

Of course, my INFJ friend. Welcome among us, Leah.

"I know that sounds weird, but..."

I suck at talking sometimes. I'm really not a quiet person though. At least, I don't think I am.