User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which of these is more like Fetus?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2w3

10 62.50%
  • 3w2

6 37.50%
  • Something else (reply!)

0 0%
12 Last

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

Talking The Mighty F3tus

I'm really just airing out my recent thoughts and I want to bounce some of them off some of y'all!

It's been a while since I've seriously discussed my type with the forum (at least a couple months) and I've done a lot of soul-searching this past year. I thought for sure I was a 2w3 but I'm seriously considering 3w2.

I think one of my issues finding a type is that I see all of these as costumes that I can try on for fun. I love molding my identity into all kinds of boxes and labels--which is kind of why I'm so interested in all of this. The only problem is that when I start to mold or "embody" one, I find myself relating to some elements of that type and thus misidentifying myself as one. And if I find something that fits, my behavior will start to align with that. It often feels like I make my identity into play-dough.

Some elements of 3 I don't really relate to--like the concealing of emotion. I'm quite honest about my feelings and I don't mind being extremely transparent with people. I also really know how to relax and can be lazy at times, unlike your prototypical 3. Then again, I wonder if my emotional honesty is part of the whole image.

Could the fact that I'm very Fe-heavy mellow out the 3 a bit? I think people equate 3 with the ENTJ personality, but it might be different for an ESFJ. I also know I have 6w7 and 9w1 in my tritype, so if I was 369, that would be a clusterfuck of integration and disintegration.

Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes stardusted liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I'm really just airing out my recent thoughts and I want to bounce some of them off some of y'all!

It's been a while since I've seriously discussed my type with the forum (at least a couple months) and I've done a lot of soul-searching this past year. I thought for sure I was a 2w3 but I'm seriously considering 3w2.

I think one of my issues finding a type is that I see all of these as costumes that I can try on for fun. I love molding my identity into all kinds of boxes and labels--which is kind of why I'm so interested in all of this. The only problem is that when I start to mold or "embody" one, I find myself relating to some elements of that type and thus misidentifying myself as one. And if I find something that fits, my behavior will start to align with that. It often feels like I make my identity into play-dough.

Some elements of 3 I don't really relate to--like the concealing of emotion. I'm quite honest about my feelings and I don't mind being extremely transparent with people. I also really know how to relax and can be lazy at times, unlike your prototypical 3. Then again, I wonder if my emotional honesty is part of the whole image.

Could the fact that I'm very Fe-heavy mellow out the 3 a bit? I think people equate 3 with the ENTJ personality, but it might be different for an ESFJ. I also know I have 6w7 and 9w1 in my tritype, so if I was 369, that would be a clusterfuck of integration and disintegration.

F!!! I hit 2w3 by accident, like on impulse since you used to type that way, but I meant to press 3w2. To me, your 3 has always been fairly obvious.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ

Based on what Ive seen 3w2 fits far better than 2w3. You seem more goal focused than relationship focused. You seek both to be loved and accomplished but I think you seek accomplishment more. I've had this 2w3 vs 3w2 debate and I settled on 3w2 sInce I asked myself which is more scary being a failure or unloved.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

3w2 would explain why you often vibe like a much younger version of @Showbread, who IIRC also mistyped as a 2 for a while.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Masokissed, themightyfetus, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I would just need to account for what seems like positive outlook dominance if you were 3w2. I mean, I would almost need you to have a strong 7 fix to present with so much PO but I can't tell if you are extroverted enough...I don't think you are but you are young still to me...

How much of your personality early on was due to youth and being new to a forum so you try to *act super positive* you know?
    Walk first through the fire.

*Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.
    Likes Chanaynay, Masokissed, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I def get more of a 2 vibe. The impression of 3s I have is that their self-image maintenance is a lot more distant - regardless of whether it's showboating, professionalism, or social expertise. 2s are a lot warmer and relationship-focused to affirm their lovableness, which is how I've always seen you. I think Reba McEntire is a common example of an ESFJ 3w2 and you can see that even though she's really engaging and affable it's in a way where you can't poke weak spots in the presentation. I think the ideal for 2s is to be loved for their flaws and all.

And yeah I agree with @Starry, you're much more positive outlook > competency. Even if you're young, you don't see competency or withdrawn types spinning positivity to rationalize their behavior as much. I think the fact that your perspective is so vibrant and rosey is what made your presence on this forum refreshing.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Starry, Masokissed, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

We done went old skool in this thread I'm so happy

Likes Chanaynay, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    We done went old skool in this thread I'm so happy
    Right? I missed this kinda posting, once I secure a means of steady income and establish a new post-grad routine maybe I'll start posting here on the reg again
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Right? I missed this kinda posting, once I secure a means of steady income and establish a new post-grad routine maybe I'll start posting here on the reg again
    Something needs to be done...

Likes Chanaynay liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Well when I think back to the emotional writing you have posted in blogs and such, it is very 2w3. So my answer is 2. You are at the age where your wing should be getting very strong anyways.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post