• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think I am? :)

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
I'm confused on whether I'm INFP, ISFP, or a different type for MANY reasons, some being easier or harder to describe than others. Although I heard that INFPs are more similar to INTPs and ISFPs, I have so many traits, and sometimes contradicting ones, that it confuses me with anger.

I already made a long description about my type on another forum, but don't feel like starting over with a long-ass description so I may shorten this out in a way that makes it easier to pay attention for some people(I have trouble paying attention myself). I want more replies than last time.

Reasons I may be INFP over ISFP:
#1 I'm super self-conscious
#2 I can be absent-minded, head-in-the-clouds, and I'm constantly stuck in my head(unless the Fi-Ni loop from ISFP could explain this).
#3 I daydream scenarios too much (but some can come off of anxiety, such as a story of someone taking my words the wrong way.)
#4 It's VERY VERY VERY obvious I'm an introvert. Even though ISFPs are true introverts, they can come off "extroverty", which I don't. The only thing that could pass me as an extrovert is my looks rather than my character.
#5 I can seem "Si body-like" and sometime remember things that Se users don't, and I know that INFPs use tertiary Si.
#6 I'm obsessed with learning MBTI, enneagram, and I also love psychology(TRUE psychology and learning about mental disorders, not zodiac bullshit).
#7 I HATE sports and sucked at them since I was a kid.

and also...Reasons I could be ISFP over INFP:
#1 I care about my looks sometimes and ended up crying in my teen years over it
#2 I really want to do things in life, taking it pretty seriously.
#3 I can experience those singe minded moments where if I don't start in a goal, I'll refuse to do other thing (does this come from tertiary Ni?)
#4 I hate it when people complain about things they don't approve of (such as someone else drinking or wearing pajamas out in public) even though it has no effect on anyone else, making me appear very live-and-let-live(but I guess other types think this as well).
#5 Although I love learning theory stuff such as MBTI and the enneagram, I also find concrete facts to be really fun. I also prefer reading non-fiction over fiction because it fascinates me a lot more.

I also considered other types as possibilities for many reasons, such as INFJ, INTJ, INTP, or ISTJ (I know.....HUUUUGE difference. I now highly doubt this). At one point even ENFP (even though I'm an obvious introvert.)
The reasons why I guessed INTJ or INFJ aren't that good of points however. Since I have some negative Se traits but don't feel as if I used the main thing made me think to myself "Oh, maybe that's inferior Se. I don't fully live in the present, but all those little negative Se traits I posses could indicate INxJ!. Especially since I feel dreamier in Se loaded environments and experience derealization". I also feel as if I have equal T and F, something common towards INxJs since I can get empty a lot of times, but do experience those moments of deep emotional mindsets.
The reason I don't consider this good enough evidence for being an INxJ is because I obviously have some Si that's NOT my last shadow function. I'll often get haunted by the stupid things I've said in the past and fear that others are still judging me. I also fear that certain moments will repeat itself.
I also highly doubt having auxiliary Fe as I don't feed off others emotions and don't look extroverted in the slightest when it comes this this cognitive function. But I do care how other perceive me at times.
I consider Ni-Te a possibility because as I said, there have been times where I got so obsessed with certain goals that I refused to do other things. As a teen I even quit guitar lessons due to this problem. But unlike auxiliary te, I have a difficult time actually setting these goals into motion. Which could indicate inferior te.
Due to my lack of showy judging functions, due to my lack of focus, and due to my Si, I'm probably not an INxJ.

There's also good reasons I considered INTP. Ti and Fi are easy to confuse with each other. Due to my need of further information, being non confrontational, and imagining things from other angles, I wouldn't be surprised if I had some Ti in me that wasn't the last shadow function. But I have very Fi traits as well and my sister's always telling me that I'm very Fi. I think a lot about me, my identity, and the things that match me. I feel like things about me fit together in a character that pleases me. Sometimes I even feel a bit self-absorbed or into myself, but I'm not doing it on purpose. There have been times where people thought I looked similar to my sister, and I got super angry over it cause it makes me feel like others don't see my identity.
Regardless of these Fi traits, I still leave up INTP as a possibility as I'm not too emotional and relate to a bunch of struggles this type faces. I think my INTP traits are the smaller things that many other types can relate to as well, such as getting furious at black-and-white morality, the fact that I'm agnostic, going through a mild trolling/edgy phase(even though most people see me as innocent), being lazy af, and my little quirks.
I feel like I'm not good enough to be INTP though, and I'm probably not.

The reason why I guessed ISTJ one time is because I thought of a nicer Si version of INTJ (ISTJ), but dominant Si doesn't describe me even though I feel "body-like" at times. Plus when I normally take the test I usually score INFP(other times INTP), which is a huge difference.

.......wow I think this turned out being a bit longer than I thought it would, but I hope the list to begin with motivated others into reading it more. :D

Last edited:

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
I apologize if I said something stupid or wasn't specific enough. I just want to know what others think so far. I'll explain more if others reply to me and wanna know.

MyMindNeedsSedation

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would say INxP.

I don't know what the model is called, but I know in Socionics INxPs also have a strong Ni. I would also say that you're an INxx because you seem very reflective and introspective.

I would say that you're an NP just because you wanted the post to be short, but it ended up being long. Of course other types can go in the past and make connections, but your post seems very Ne/Si to me. Also you thought about 5 other types, even though you pretty much know you're not an ISTJ.

That leaves INTP or INFP. Don't worry about being "good enough" for an INTP. I wouldn't put much weight into caring about how you're viewed because deep down we all care. You also seem like an INP from your concern about individuality which can be Ti or Fi.

If I had to choose, I would say INFP over INTP. INFPs tend to want appreciation for their values while INTPs want appreciation for their thoughts. Look at the Fe/Ti vs Te/Fi axis. When learning about it, ask yourself what you care about the most not necessarily what you do the most.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You definitely seem more like an N than S type. As you said, you are an introvert and also I've seen that you have a P written style. The difficult here lies in pinpoint if you are an INTP or INFP but you look a bit more like an INFP to me.

Have you ever did an cogniton functions tests? It may help clear up things a bit.

Skippy Munchkin

MBTI Type
????
I would say INxP.

I don't know what the model is called, but I know in Socionics INxPs also have a strong Ni. I would also say that you're an INxx because you seem very reflective and introspective.

I would say that you're an NP just because you wanted the post to be short, but it ended up being long. Of course other types can go in the past and make connections, but your post seems very Ne/Si to me. Also you thought about 5 other types, even though you pretty much know you're not an ISTJ.

That leaves INTP or INFP. Don't worry about being "good enough" for an INTP. I wouldn't put much weight into caring about how you're viewed because deep down we all care. You also seem like an INP from your concern about individuality which can be Ti or Fi.

If I had to choose, I would say INFP over INTP. INFPs tend to want appreciation for their values while INTPs want appreciation for their thoughts. Look at the Fe/Ti vs Te/Fi axis. When learning about it, ask yourself what you care about the most not necessarily what you do the most.

Yeah most people who have attempted to guess my type through the internet all suggested I may be INFP (even though only about 5 people so far have told me which type I may be).
I'm still leaving INTP as a possibility, but I think INFP seems a bit more like me in some ways. It's hard for me to say I'm 100% sure when it comes to personality typing.