• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type (attention) whoring (aka type me ((again)))

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is because [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION] thinks I'm an INTJ 846 sx/sp. Also, I'm bored. Any suggestions on all/any typing system would be appreciated.

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is a perception specific value or concept that orients your point of view toward an object/concept/person/experience. I'd consider it subjective and point of view dependent with less objective/inherent existence as a particular sort of energy. Love is an objective energy that exists most purely on a conceptual level and lays the foundation to create and extend other values/building blocks/experiences/feelings. Love is a type of connection that exists at a soul level, is inherent in all people, and can be channeled outward or inward, and is sort of like an internet, but not the computer type. Basically beauty originates as an individual point of view and expands, and love originates as a collective energy and is internalized.

2. What are your most important values?

I value treating people the way they want to be treated, freedom, connection, understanding, and love. I value what I think would do the most good.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I do. I hold them because they're true.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I don't have a general opinion on war and militaries. It's context dependent. As long as there is war, militaries are necessary, and as long as there are militaries, war is inevitable. In general, war is the way we as humans exist, evolve, and destroy ourselves.

Power can be a lot of things, also depending on context. It's will that gives you power, so power is a type of will. Even in situations where you are completely subjugated, where there's will, there's power. I think, on an individual level, it's also a type of self control. On a societal level, it's about dominance.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I've had long conversations about lots of things... I suppose conversations I enjoy most and want to go on for longest are those where I am learning something about the other person or about myself (or both). I like the intensity of that. I want to peel all the layers off and see the core (of myself and others). I like vulnerability. I like people who are caricatures of themselves. It tickles me to hear what someone is enthusiastic about. I also can enjoy the intensity of debate, but only in specific situations/with specific people, and I like to analyse concepts and other people in conversation, but in a leisurely way. I am drawn toward weirdness - weird people, weird conversation topics - because it's only interesting when it's weird. And by weird, I mean intriguing, unknown, strange, fascinating. Not inane immature weirdness.

I am interested in almost too many things to list. I'll say what I'm not interested, because it's a shorter list. I'm not as interested in politics as I probably should be unless viewed from a particular lens. I'm also not interested in people I don't care about.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes, in a way. I am only focused on my body because of my current circumstances. When I've been healthy, I've not had that focus at all and have had to develop self preservation in order to try and keep myself from getting sicker. I am interested in medicine as a conversation topic from the point of view of critiquing it and questioning the social narrative around it.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

Boring. Not even worth talking about.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

My favorite books are My Name is Asher Lev, The Hobbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Haroun and The Sea of Stories, Wicked, Richard II, and The Pillowman. I only really read nonfiction now though. My favorite movies are Pan's Labyrinth, Edward Scissorhands, The Wind That Shakes The Barley, and Amelie. Guess that's a pretty cliche list. I also really like documentaries and have seen some amazing ones that belong on that list but I can't remember what they were called.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Everything and everything. And just because it's beautiful or horrible or amazing or ordinary.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Umm. Depends on my mood and motivations. I suppose I feel at one with the environment in nature usually, though I can feel at one with the environment in cities too. So it's not hard for me to do that. I can basically feel at one with any environment. However, I hardly ever feel a sense of belonging and when I do, it's because of the person I'm with, not the environment. I am often the outsider of groups of people and take on the observer/listener role in social situations.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

People have described me with almost every negative adjective in existence so that honestly makes it hard to say what people in general see as my weaknesses beyond viewing me as a horrible person. I think my weaknesses are self righteousness, being hard on others for their faults, lack of trust, feeling the urge to stir the pot, and being too dismissive.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I think my strengths are determination, the ability to understand others, creativity, lack of intellectual rigidity, vulnerability, loyalty, and my ability to love and connect strongly to friends and acquaintances whether or not it's reciprocated.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

I don't know. I feel like I need the most help with health things but that is because of the degree I'm limited by health issues. The health things are beyond my and other people's control in a lot of ways. So I suppose then that I would want help with having hope and continuing on and just emotional support and the like.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Of course. Usually when I feel stuck it's because I can't actively change my own situation, pursue my goals and dreams, or have an effect on the world and people around me. I also get stuck mentally if I can't put the pieces together or make sense of something I need to make sense of, and I run the risk of losing my understanding of more basic concepts while I try to work out the less basic ones, and then end up reshaping the basic ones from my understanding of the more complex ones.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I value kindness, empathy, intelligence, and mischievousness in others. I am easily bored. There has to be something fascinating about them. Like a particular spark. It's hard to describe. I can get along with lots of people though if I want to.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Basically the same qualities as listed above, though I like surprises. I also like people with backbones who I can trust and who are dignified and not idiotic, challenge the status quo, and have interesting ideas while also having a sense of adventure. They also would need to be able to validate and reassure me without making me feel patronized and annoyed, and would need to expect me to do the same for them and be able to be vulnerable and honest with me.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Hard to say because I don't actually have experience with this and am therefore unsure of how I'd actually go about it. But I would want to focus on allowing them the freedom to explore themselves, others, their environments, and their emotions, without coddling them or overprotecting them, but while also always loving, supporting, and validating them and their own individual expression and point of view, in order to cultivate and encourage them to develop their creativity, intellect, and curiosity, and help them be boldly unapologetic for who they are. Basically I'd want to raise a critical thinker who is capable of viewing the world from a point of view that isn't submissive to dominant social narratives, and most of all, I'd want them to feel so loved that they'd be able to love others.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Depends on the context, like with every question. How close are we? How much do I respect their opinions? How much does their claim clash with not just my beliefs, but my morality? How I'd react inwardly and outwardly depends on those factors.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I really like people as a whole. I feel completely outside society though and always have. I love people and I hate society, I suppose. And there are so many prevalent social problems that I'm not sure where to start to be honest.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don't know that I choose them. I just end up liking people sometimes. How I behave depends on how much that like is reciprocated, how much I feel they're capable of understanding me, and their personality.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

However the heck I want.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I've had long conversations about lots of things... I suppose conversations I enjoy most and want to go on for longest are those where I am learning something about the other person or about myself (or both). I like the intensity of that. I want to peel all the layers off and see the core (of myself and others). I like vulnerability. I like people who are caricatures of themselves. It tickles me to hear what someone is enthusiastic about. I also can enjoy the intensity of debate, but only in specific situations/with specific people, and I like to analyse concepts and other people in conversation, but in a leisurely way. I am drawn toward weirdness - weird people, weird conversation topics - because it's only interesting when it's weird. And by weird, I mean intriguing, unknown, strange, fascinating. Not inane immature weirdness.

...I suppose I feel at one with the environment in nature usually...

^ These are what stand out to me as the most awesome aspects of your personality, as well as your courage and determination in the face of things most people never encounter.

I enjoyed reading all of your description--makes me like and respect you even more. :)

I find it challenging to see anything other than an infp preference, even though I tried to think outside of my existing perception of you while reading this post.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm honestly not too good at typing (and I've come to question the value of typing at times :ninja:) , but when it comes to all the types that you've floated around, the one consistent trend I see is that Fi is somewhere in your stack. Do you identify with that function, or do you think the functions aren't actually that important?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm honestly not too good at typing (and I've come to question the value of typing at times :ninja:) , but when it comes to all the types that you've floated around, the one consistent trend I see is that Fi is somewhere in your stack. Do you identify with that function, or do you think the functions aren't actually that important?

I identify with it, yes. I think the functions make more sense than just using dichotomies but then again, I'm more interested in your opinion than mine.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I identify with it, yes. I think the functions make more sense than just using dichotomies but then again, I'm more interested in your opinion than mine.

All I can say is that I've noticed that you have a very strong sense of yourself and where you stand on things. Is that Fi? I kind of associate that with Fi, but I might be wrong.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I can say is that I've noticed that you have a very strong sense of yourself and where you stand on things. Is that Fi? I kind of associate that with Fi, but I might be wrong.

Beyond Fi, do you have any other thoughts on my dichotomies or functions?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have a settled conclusion about your type, but I have a theory that some people who are difficult to type may have fairly equal dominant and inferior function pairs. My best theory is that you are an ISFP/INTJ hybrid being equal in Fi-Se and Ni-Te. I think @cascadeco also has both function pairs rather strong, but she has more consistent focus and expression of the Sensory realm currently. I've wondered it for myself as well, although there's a monkey wrench that throws it off for me. Every once in a while I'll wonder if you could be INFJ or INFP as well, but my best conclusion at the moment is ISFP/INTJ hybrid. 😊

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have a settled conclusion about your type, but I have a theory that some people who are difficult to type may have fairly equal dominant and inferior function pairs. My best theory is that you are an ISFP/INTJ hybrid being equal in Fi-Se and Ni-Te. I think @cascadeco also has both function pairs rather strong, but she has more consistent focus and expression of the Sensory realm currently. I've wondered it for myself as well, although there's a monkey wrench that throws it off for me. Every once in a while I'll wonder if you could be INFJ or INFP as well, but my best conclusion at the moment is ISFP/INTJ hybrid. 😊

I honestly do think that's the case with me, and mirrors my life experiences and various 'phases' / some of my strengths that are tied to both. I think I'm a poor archetype of any actual type, and that's not me thinking I'm 'special' or anything. ;)

[MENTION=22178]magpie[/MENTION] regarding your type I'm the last person on the forum who can seriously type someone (due to my own thoughts on mbti):smile:, especially people I see as a bit more nuanced and not an extreme version of a particular type.

I'm not very well versed in typing so take from it what you will but I'd say INFP too. If you look at repeating themes among your answers you seem to fit the profile. A very refined sense of self. A curiosity of how you and others work with a desire to understand not just the bigger picture but to also examine the individual traits that supply the whole. A want to explore bizarre and seldom examined thoughts and ideas. Of course I could be biased. :)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fi dom, yeah a boring answer, but I can't think of you as anything else. Either is fine.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Curious: What do you think is your socionic type?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP - grounded Fi, your Fi is lot more refined than the tertiary Fi I experience in IXTJs.... It's much more nuanced rather straightforward?

I'm not sure how you ever thought you were an ISFP because I just don't see it. I'm pretty certain you are a definite N-type, especially based off of what you've written here. I've always thought you were most likely an INFP because you definitely carry strong Fi morals and are rather abstract with the written word, but I keep seeing Ni in your writing. You have very strong Fi and Ni for sure. I can see maybe INTJ being a possibility with a heavily developed tertiary Fi, but there is something that just doesn't seem to click as well in comparison to the other INTJs around here. I think it's because I don't see heavy Te and it's also because of your strong Fi function. I really think Fi is the dominant function in your type, so maybe INFP can still be a possibility. Do you think you use any Ne whatsoever? You do fit the stereotype at least, being into poetry and all. However, I don't think you are an 8 in the enneagram though. You appear more like a counterphobic 6 with some 4 and 1 tendencies, imo.

Just putting my small two cents out there for whatever it's worth.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What do you think is my socionics type?

You know damn well I don't know two shits about Socionics.

Though I'd definitely pin you as a Gamma. It'd make more sense for you to be an INTJ in MBTI and an ESI in socionics. (As opposed to ISFP in MBTI and ILI in socionics, obviously).

But that's as much as I know. I swear.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Honestly, I got nothing. My typing skills are shit. If I had to guess, the best I could do is gamma quadra (sfp/btj) over delta quadra (stj/nfp). You vibe more gamma in terms of values, I think. There's sort of that gamma "ambition" vs. delta "service/relaxation."

Permabanned
hi, I'm here to contribute 5 bux so u don't have to suck dick.

got nothing on yo type tho

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
oh I wasnt tagged here, must have been a mistake :)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
infp feels like a "gimmie"... i have said this before...

post script:

if my phrasing seems strange that means overtly obvious...

post post script:

i would buy inxp' but not intp... your feelz feel prevalent... maybe that is just due to circumstance...

post post post script:

xnfp, inxp, and infp cover my reading of you... enfp is possible. but feels "wrong"...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
infp feels like a "gimmie"... i have said this before...

post script:

if my phrasing seems strange that means overtly obvious...

post post script:

i would buy inxp' but not intp... your feelz feel prevalent... maybe that is just due to circumstance...

post post post script:

xnfp, inxp, and infp cover my reading of you... enfp is possible. but feels "wrong"...

I found it funny that question 4 is "opinion on war and militaries". I mean if you make a questionaire, how likely is it that question 4 is "opinion on war and militaries" :D