• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type (attention) whoring (aka type me ((again)))

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally! Someone is putting me to good use.

And for this, I feel qualified to answer because I know the baddest bitch on the forum somewhat well, and I understand the concepts of MBTI and Socionics. But for all intents and purposes, along with my opinion that Socionics is just a more verbose form of MBTI, I will be focusing on Socionics.

This is because [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION] thinks I'm an INTJ 846 sx/sp. Also, I'm bored. Any suggestions on all/any typing system would be appreciated.

tumblr_o3u2gsR9iW1qln00mo1_500.gif

1. What is beauty? What is love?[/b]

Beauty is a perception specific value or concept that orients your point of view toward an object/concept/person/experience. I'd consider it subjective and point of view dependent with less objective/inherent existence as a particular sort of energy. Love is an objective energy that exists most purely on a conceptual level and lays the foundation to create and extend other values/building blocks/experiences/feelings. Love is a type of connection that exists at a soul level, is inherent in all people, and can be channeled outward or inward, and is sort of like an internet, but not the computer type. Basically beauty originates as an individual point of view and expands, and love originates as a collective energy and is internalized.
I'm getting strong hints of :Ni: and :Fi: here , where :Ni:, in this particular case, is defined as being able to "perceive(s) information from without as feelings about the future, past, and present" and :Fi: being able to "perceive(s) information about this facet of objective reality the individual perceives as a need for certain objects that satisfy physical wishes/desires, psychological or spiritual desires".

I also got strong hints of Holographical-Panoramic Cognition, where it is described as "ability to densely pack information via method of 'like to, similar' analogy". I have said this in the past, and I will say it again: I love how you are incredibly concise with your thoughts, I wish everyone would be the same as well. It cuts out a lot of bullshit.

magpie said:
2. What are your most important values?

I value treating people the way they want to be treated, freedom, connection, understanding, and love. I value what I think would do the most good.

Please see: :Fi:/Fi

magpie said:
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I do. I hold them because they're true.

See above.

magpie said:
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I don't have a general opinion on war and militaries. It's context dependent. As long as there is war, militaries are necessary, and as long as there are militaries, war is inevitable. In general, war is the way we as humans exist, evolve, and destroy ourselves.

Power can be a lot of things, also depending on context. It's will that gives you power, so power is a type of will. Even in situations where you are completely subjugated, where there's will, there's power. I think, on an individual level, it's also a type of self control. On a societal level, it's about dominance.

Let me just say I absolutely love this and that we are on the same page about these sort of things. If anything (not to impose my bias on you) this screams Gamma's :Se:/Se, where it is described as the "retention of power, insubordination, defense, cover, countermove, counterattack, firmness, defense of one's interests, strong-willed pressure from the bottom upwards, strength, will, possession".

Beta's :Se:/Se, however, is more about aggression, where "capture of power, subjugation, offensive attack, initiative, perseverance, determination, demands, strong-willed pressure from top downwards, the assertion of own interests at the expense of others, overthrowing, appropriating, weakness, passivity" is dominant.

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?[/b]

I've had long conversations about lots of things... I suppose conversations I enjoy most and want to go on for longest are those where I am learning something about the other person or about myself (or both). I like the intensity of that. I want to peel all the layers off and see the core (of myself and others). I like vulnerability. I like people who are caricatures of themselves. It tickles me to hear what someone is enthusiastic about. I also can enjoy the intensity of debate, but only in specific situations/with specific people, and I like to analyse concepts and other people in conversation, but in a leisurely way. I am drawn toward weirdness - weird people, weird conversation topics - because it's only interesting when it's weird. And by weird, I mean intriguing, unknown, strange, fascinating. Not inane immature weirdness.

I am interested in almost too many things to list. I'll say what I'm not interested, because it's a shorter list. I'm not as interested in politics as I probably should be unless viewed from a particular lens. I'm also not interested in people I don't care about.

so u care about mi amirite yes

tumblr_nl659kksrn1uo9b2eo1_500.gif

ANYWAY.

This question is particularly interesting to me because it shows two things: :Fi:/Fi and Holographical-Panoramic Cognition. In particular, this:

On Fi - When this perceptual element is in the leading position, the individual possesses the innate ability to perceive and evaluate wishes/desires — both his own and others'. He always knows who wants what from whom. He is able to set his awareness of subjective reality and his wishes in opposition to those of others. He has the ability to mould and perfect both his own and others' wishes. He possesses both the ability to provide himself with necessary relationships with others and confidence in his capacity to influence other people. His correct perception of human needs allows him to avoid risky collisions when satisfying his own needs. This engenders the ability to manipulate people's attachments, and the ability and desire to influence people's ethical feelings and bring these feelings closer to societal ideals.

and

On H-P cognition - Holographic cognition has a characteristic penetrating, skeletal-revealing, 'x-ray' nature. It unhesitatingly cuts away details and nuances, giving a coarsely generalized representation of the subject. Take for example the two orthogonal cross-sections of a cylinder: the horizontal section looks like a circle, and the vertical section looks like a rectangle. Two different perspectives of an indivisible whole which, when superimposed in the mind, produces transition to a higher level of understanding about the object.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Yes, in a way. I am only focused on my body because of my current circumstances. When I've been healthy, I've not had that focus at all and have had to develop self preservation in order to try and keep myself from getting sicker. I am interested in medicine as a conversation topic from the point of view of critiquing it and questioning the social narrative around it.

Yes! More points for Gamma! This answer right here, is a very good case of :Si:/Si devaluing, where it says "The individual is confident of his ability to recognize and evaluate the physical condition and well-being of himself and others, aesthetic sensations, and the internal effects of sensory stimulants such as good food and relaxing situations. He can provide a convincing evaluation of these when prompted, however, he regards soothing, relaxing things and discussions of them as sources of amusement rather than a priority in life. He does not treat them very seriously or allow himself to engage in them very often, despite his overall confidence in these areas."

If that's a clue as to what I think your type is... you are a very smart person!

magpie said:
7. What do you think of daily chores?

Boring. Not even worth talking about.

Please see above.

magpie said:
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

My favorite books are My Name is Asher Lev, The Hobbit, A Wrinkle in Time, Haroun and The Sea of Stories, Wicked, Richard II, and The Pillowman. I only really read nonfiction now though. My favorite movies are Pan's Labyrinth, Edward Scissorhands, The Wind That Shakes The Barley, and Amelie. Guess that's a pretty cliche list. I also really like documentaries and have seen some amazing ones that belong on that list but I can't remember what they were called.

Nothing conclusive here.

magpie said:
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Everything and everything. And just because it's beautiful or horrible or amazing or ordinary.

Same.
magpie said:
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Umm. Depends on my mood and motivations. I suppose I feel at one with the environment in nature usually, though I can feel at one with the environment in cities too. So it's not hard for me to do that. I can basically feel at one with any environment. However, I hardly ever feel a sense of belonging and when I do, it's because of the person I'm with, not the environment. I am often the outsider of groups of people and take on the observer/listener role in social situations.

I am on the same page on this with you as well. For me, suburban New York was a special place to me because I spent most of my time with my ex, and I remember it as the happiest time of my life. I was in the city alone, and while I do remember it, it's not the first thing that comes to mind, because my mind is more attached to being with the person that I cared about. I got u fam.

To relate everything to this, I think that :Fi:/Fi's definition of "subjective relationships between objects" is very applicable here.

About the outsider thing, I got the right quote for you:

Gammas usually dislike being "drawn" into larger groups where loud exchanges of jokes and quick shifting of one subject to the other are the norm, as in a large dinner table in an informal environment, especially if the group is also somewhat "artificial" as in work colleagues or business partners where personal relationships weren't really spontaneously formed. In such situations, Gammas will tend to focus on the persons sitting immediately near them in order to engage them in more individual conversations or will tend to remain mostly silent, not really participating in the group atmosphere, making the impression of being "introverts" in the everyday meaning of the term.

magpie said:
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

People have described me with almost every negative adjective in existence so that honestly makes it hard to say what people in general see as my weaknesses beyond viewing me as a horrible person. I think my weaknesses are self righteousness, being hard on others for their faults, lack of trust, feeling the urge to stir the pot, and being too dismissive.

cad7f4eb272447f1c9af1446a90ab77f.gif

tumblr_n7ls3aHL3y1qk08n1o1_500.gif

Do I need to keep repeating myself?

Gamma types take a hard-line approach regarding ethical principles and the punishment, even revenge, on those who break them.
Gamma types place high value on personal loyalty, once they feel a close relationship has been established.

magpie said:
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I think my strengths are determination, the ability to understand others, creativity, lack of intellectual rigidity, vulnerability, loyalty, and my ability to love and connect strongly to friends and acquaintances whether or not it's reciprocated.

Please see :Fi:/Fi and :Se:/Se

magpie said:
13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

I don't know. I feel like I need the most help with health things but that is because of the degree I'm limited by health issues. The health things are beyond my and other people's control in a lot of ways. So I suppose then that I would want help with having hope and continuing on and just emotional support and the like.

:notype:

magpie said:
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Of course. Usually when I feel stuck it's because I can't actively change my own situation, pursue my goals and dreams, or have an effect on the world and people around me. I also get stuck mentally if I can't put the pieces together or make sense of something I need to make sense of, and I run the risk of losing my understanding of more basic concepts while I try to work out the less basic ones, and then end up reshaping the basic ones from my understanding of the more complex ones.

Oh I got a good one for you! Please see this: In conditions of harsh competition of free business initiatives, Gamma Quadra is very much afraid to run out of time to creatively apply themselves and self-realize – this is a consequence of the predominant in this quadra aspects of "declaring" and warning giving "intuition of time", Ni, that tries to scan ahead of time, and applied alternative logic of actions (+Ni / -Te). Thus, Gamma types try to determine the range of their interests as early as possible and fully expand it, in order to have time to try their hand and test their strengths at everything – due to which they sometimes make an impression of being people who are too scattered and too addicted/involved.

Gamma Quadra is:
- afraid of suppression of its business and creating initiatives;
- afraid of collapse of their hopes and plans;
- afraid of meeting an overwhelming, counter, mutually exclusive initiative coming from the side of unscrupulous business or ethical partners – a consequence of the dominant aspects of involutionary logic of actions (-Te) and involutionary, critical, demanding ethics of relations (-Fi) in this quadra.
- "Decisive" and "democratic" Gamma Quadra takes many risks in the course of its business and creative self-realization, thus Gammas are particularly afraid of envy aimed at their success, of treachery, betrayal, and distrust on the part of people whom they trusted especially. Gamma Quadra is afraid of the abuse of trust, they fear "sheltering an enemy in their own house", afraid of lies, false admissions of love and friendship, afraid of false friends, insincerity, hypocrisy.

magpie said:

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I value kindness, empathy, intelligence, and mischievousness in others. I am easily bored. There has to be something fascinating about them. Like a particular spark. It's hard to describe. I can get along with lots of people though if I want to.

Please see :Fi:/Fi

magpie said:
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Basically the same qualities as listed above, though I like surprises. I also like people with backbones who I can trust and who are dignified and not idiotic, challenge the status quo, and have interesting ideas while also having a sense of adventure. They also would need to be able to validate and reassure me without making me feel patronized and annoyed, and would need to expect me to do the same for them and be able to be vulnerable and honest with me.

magpie said:
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Hard to say because I don't actually have experience with this and am therefore unsure of how I'd actually go about it. But I would want to focus on allowing them the freedom to explore themselves, others, their environments, and their emotions, without coddling them or overprotecting them, but while also always loving, supporting, and validating them and their own individual expression and point of view, in order to cultivate and encourage them to develop their creativity, intellect, and curiosity, and help them be boldly unapologetic for who they are. Basically I'd want to raise a critical thinker who is capable of viewing the world from a point of view that isn't submissive to dominant social narratives, and most of all, I'd want them to feel so loved that they'd be able to love others.

This question is kind of dumb because it's pointless in a typology sense. Though I suppose it's another lens to look at in a person.

:notype:
magpie said:
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Depends on the context, like with every question. How close are we? How much do I respect their opinions? How much does their claim clash with not just my beliefs, but my morality? How I'd react inwardly and outwardly depends on those factors.

magpie said:
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I really like people as a whole. I feel completely outside society though and always have. I love people and I hate society, I suppose. And there are so many prevalent social problems that I'm not sure where to start to be honest.

Same. Well, not quite, but kind of. I don't like people. I like things. Some of my things are people. Especially boys.

magpie said:
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don't know that I choose them. I just end up liking people sometimes. How I behave depends on how much that like is reciprocated, how much I feel they're capable of understanding me, and their personality.

magpie said:
21. How do you behave around strangers?

However the heck I want.

tumblr_mw43awlaDg1sfftvuo1_500.gif

So I guess that's that, and I'm sure by now what type I see you as from this questionnaire alone. If that's not obvious enough, I have you as Se-ESI; there's no equivalent in MBTI because of the fundamental difference in definitions of :Se:/Se, but if I had to choose, it would be ISFP, solely because of the Fi/Ni thing that you have there, and it's immediately obvious which function is your modus operandi.

Also, all of you that wrote something along the lines of "I'm no good at typing others" or "XXXX" with no reason or analysis, that's just an easy way to reply to the thread without actually putting in any work to do an analysis. I suppose your publicity works. Thank you anyway.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sense a dominant Fi with a heavy Ni, and a less Se, hardly any Ne or Si..

Your description of the love of new adventures and company of interesting people etc. indicates Se, and my assumption (and from reading your blog) that your current health issues limited the use of Se, so you subsequently developed more Ni and Te (I didn't depend on your answers here to notice Te) ..

So my primary assumption is ISFP, even though you don't entirely fit the description of ISFP..

And I believe the enneagram is correct, 614 sx/so

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you think you use any Ne whatsoever?

Depends on how you define Ne. I am more inclined toward gathering and consolidating than expanding outward in terms of how I collect and process information. I hope that's an okay answer...

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I only came here to out whore you. But if you must have a type, I will say gamma introvert leaning ESI (Fi subtype because stronger Ni and less aggression).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
In order of likelihood, I would say:

1. ISFP
2. INTJ
3. INFP

I don't personally see any Ne in you, so I would be surprised if you were an NFP. There have been a few times in chat where you have asked me to clarify certain things I was talking about, and although I do have a hard time cohesively explaining things sometimes, I got the sense that you prefer things to be explained in a somewhat more direct, concrete manner. Therefore, I don't really see inferior Se in you. I do think that your Ni is highly developed though. You strike me as a quiet observer, someone who is gathering MUCH more info about others than it seems. I think you are capable of picking others apart by reading between the lines; you see the shadows of others. I don't think I have seen that much Te in you, not like a typical INTJ at least, and I certainly haven't picked up on any Ti. Your Fi seems waaaaay too strong to be INTJ, but INTJ still seems more plausible than INFP.

As for enneagram and stacking... well, I actually think that is harder for me to read with you because I feel like you carry an intentional barrier as a way of keeping the world at a safe distance. This could be a 6 thing, or it could be an Sp thing. It could also specifically be a 4 Sp thing. You seem to have a very particular view of emotional expression, almost a disdain/judgement against it. I get the sense that you associate strength with emotional regulation. That also sounds like an Sp 4 thing. However, I don't see you being THAT withdrawn, not online at least, and I don't know how you are irl. You seem to carry an air of authority about you, acting as a silent judge. I place e1 as your secondary fix for that reason, making your tritype 614. Instinctual stacking is more muddy for me though because there is a definite disconnect/guard in place that makes it hard for me to fully read your motivations, which makes sense as an Fi-dom 614 (6 and 4 being cautious types in addition to the private/personal nature of Fi in general).

I'm not sold on Sx/So, but I need more time to mull it over and observe you with that in mind. You are definitely contra flow, so that leaves Sx/So, Sp/Sx, and So/Sp.

Conclusion: ISFP 614 ?/?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There have been a few times in chat where you have asked me to clarify certain things I was talking about, and although I do have a hard time cohesively explaining things sometimes, I got the sense that you prefer things to be explained in a somewhat more direct, concrete manner.

If you're referring to the time I asked you to explain your position on sound as simply an energy (your pov) versus sound as an energy that is inherently sound energy (my pov), I was not looking for clarification or a concrete, direct explanation. I understand your pov on that. I actually wanted to see if you were able to support your position.

Thanks for typing me.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm too tired to type but I just wanted to stop by because I thought this was a call-out post, because yes, I ask to be typed frequently.

I think you have a really good grasp on yourself and I like your detailed answers; I realize this response gives no help. But I love your answer to question five, because, I'm like that too a lot. I mean I can kind of go on about my own interests for hours so I'm not sure if that is a part of being a conversationalist, but I can relate to you a lot there.

Depends on how you define Ne. I am more inclined toward gathering and consolidating than expanding outward in terms of how I collect and process information. I hope that's an okay answer...

Yeah, that makes sense. You're pretty difficult to pinpoint because you don't seem to fit into just one specific type. You probably then are some kind of weird hybrid of ISFP/INTJ or just your own special sort of type altogether. I can understand how you probably wouldn't feel comfortable identifying with any one MBTI type anymore if that's the case.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You come off as a princess type... Hehehe lol :3

I think ESFJ... or possible ISFP :bye:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem INFP. Which statement of each group sounds the most like you?

Perception
A). I am focused on the tangible environment and what's currently happening / Focus on what lies beneath the surface or what is to come.
B). I am focused on the patterns and connections that the environment infers / Focus is paid to the subjective impressions of the world.

Judgement
A)I affirm what is agreeable by considering the harmonic effect on the environment / Determine what is by referencing my inner database.
B)I affirm what things are by referencing external protocol / Determine what is agreeable by looking inward to my inner values.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everything that's accurate for me is in bold.

You seem INFP. Which statement of each group sounds the most like you?

Perception
A). I am focused on the tangible environment and what's currently happening / Focus on what lies beneath the surface or what is to come.
B). I am focused on the patterns and connections that the environment infers / Focus is paid to the subjective impressions of the world.

Judgement
A)I affirm what is agreeable by considering the harmonic effect on the environment / Determine what is by referencing my inner database.
B)I affirm what things are by referencing external protocol / Determine what is agreeable by looking inward to my inner values.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Everything that's accurate for me is in bold.

I should have been more clear. Each letter is a whole statement. So..

Perception
Or,

Judgement
Or

Oh, and of your two choices, which resonates stronger with you?
Still, NP is still in the cards.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I should have been more clear. Each letter is a whole statement. So..

Perception
Or,

Judgement
Or

Oh, and of your two choices, which resonates stronger with you?
Still, NP is still in the cards.

Well, I can't pick between the statements like that. I just bolded everything that is accurate for me.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I can't pick between the statements like that. I just bolded everything that is accurate for me.

You have to choose! Your type depends on it!! :sage:

Joking aside, can you just number the statements in order from the most to least you? Please...

If not, I'll have to resort to my questionnaire. And no one remains untyped after the questionaire...:horror:

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have to choose! Your type depends on it!! :sage:

Joking aside, can you just number the statements in order from the most to least you? Please...

If not, I'll have to resort to my questionnaire. And no one remains untyped after the questionaire...:horror:

1. Determine what is agreeable by looking inward to my inner values.
2. Focus is paid to the subjective impressions of the world.
3. Determine what is by referencing my inner database.
4. I am focused on the patterns and connections that the environment infers
5. Focus on what lies beneath the surface or what is to come. I am focused on the tangible environment and what's currently happening (These two are tied.)
6. I affirm what things are by referencing external protocols
7. I affirm what is agreeable by considering the harmonic effect on the environment

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Determine what is agreeable by looking inward to my inner values.
2. Focus is paid to the subjective impressions of the world.
3. Determine what is by referencing my inner database.
4. I am focused on the patterns and connections that the environment infers
5. Focus on what lies beneath the surface or what is to come. I am focused on the tangible environment and what's currently happening (These two are tied.)
6. I affirm what things are by referencing external protocols
7. I affirm what is agreeable by considering the harmonic effect on the environment

I gauge Fi>Si>Ti>Ne>Ni=Se>Te>Fe.

The pattern is more toward INXP (favoring INFP, I think this too).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Completely not a typology thing, but you remind me a ton of the Rose Red character from Bill Willingham's "Fables."
Like, it's how I have even instinctively pictured you in my mind when I talk to you.

I just thought it was interesting.

rose red fables - Google Search

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like ESI. I don't like anything else for your type, because nothing else fits, I could see an argument for EII but honestly ESI is way more awesome anyways because gamma. Probably the :Fi: subtype, I get a more disciplined vibe from :Se: subtype ESIs, they're more into following rules to the letter and have a harder time being playful and expressing themselves in a spontaneous fashion.

Btw sorry for responding only now, been very busy last month.