• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weigh in on my type! (Enneagram and MBTI welcome!)

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is something that can be found almost anywhere. Compassion is the most beautiful thing, nature is beautiful, the things the human mind is capable of are beautiful.

Love is when you look at someone or something and it feels like you are home - you are understood and it is safe to immerse yourself in the presence of that person or thing. Love is passion for one's actions, pouring your commitment into it and being fully present.

2. What are your most important values?

Understanding, faith in human potential, creative solutions and discussion, organizing for the common good

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I'm an esoteric Christian. I hold these beliefs after going through a period of examining faiths after my father passed away and I had a crisis regarding morals and metaphysics, and Gnostic Christianity was the only thing that made any sense to me.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

Unfortunately, they can be necessary. Not everyone is reasonable enough to respond to diplomacy, but that should always be the first resort.

Power is the ability to move people to a more evolved level of thinking, and the ability to help them realize their potential.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I have lengthy conversations about people and what makes them tick, I like to talk about literature and the characters in it, and I like to talk about music, both the theory and how it touches me. I talk a lot about how I feel various things need to be reformed. I talk a lot about the people in my life and what I can do for them. My interests lean towards the spiritual, psychological, artistic, and certain political topics, namely civil rights (particularly for the disabled and LGBT considering I am part of those communities as well as most of my loved ones.) I have many other interests, often of the naturalistic persuasion, somewhat intrigued by medicine, and I love fine foods and drinks. Why? I never put much thought into why, and I kinda hate being asked that. They just are what they are, you know?

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Somewhat. I've read lots of medical encyclopedias and a doctor visit is often a collaborative experience for me - I've been told I make their job easier by being in the know. I wouldn't say I'm particularly focused on my body unless I am in pain.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

Necessary, but I always overestimate how much time they will take. Relieved once I get them done, though. Sometimes, they can be relaxing.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Les Miserables, His Dark Materials, Star Wars, any Ghibli film, A Clockwork Orange (book and film), The Phantom of the Opera, Gilgamesh

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile?

Cry: Mistreatment of children, loved ones being misunderstood, others giving up on themselves or the people they love, the discrimination against the disabled and LGBT

Smile: My girlfriend (especially watching her become more self confident), being part of a work community that supports the needs of disabled children, music, the beauty of nature

The other questionnaire!!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

There's a lot of ambiguity for me on I/E and T/F. Probably because I am autistic. I am very sociable and always have been, but it took me some time to "get it right." The loneliness and isolation during these periods was very distressing - wanting connections but always being told "no one cares." Also I can be very analytical but it's almost always about people, always towards humanitarian ends.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Acceptance and belonging on a larger scale than what I have. To be known for the work I have done in life. High achievement. To lead people to a better understanding of self and others, and to help people self-actualize. To expand my knowledge of the world and the people in it.

Again, I never paid much mind to the whys and wherefores. These are what I have wanted for as long as I can remember.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

My first time performing an original song in front of an audience of my peers and being well received. I felt like I had earned their respect. Also, recently when I received positive feedback about my thoroughness and advocacy at my job - I felt like I am progressing in the right direction.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

That I am no good at working with objects, using my hands. I'm no good at that "down and dirty" sort of thing that part of me feels is more noble than working using one's mind. Also, people who are able to just take a "whatever" approach to the outside world - I can't do that whole "captain of my own soul" thing and it just KILLS me sometimes! Also I generally tend to feel like I'm not a real adult because I haven't achieved everything I want to, because I've had setbacks and disadvantages.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

How it will affect peoples' opinions and well being, how it will affect the course my life will take/my goals in the long-term, effects on my mental health.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I absolutely love to have control, but if necessary I'll defer to someone I feel knows more than I do. Control without being informed enough to back it up is ultimately impotent. My emphasis is usually on innovation, organization, and giving everyone the opportunity to contribute.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I traveled to Japan after graduating from high school. I loved immersing myself in a different culture, speaking my second language in a real time setting, seeing the sights and sampling the food. My memory of it is a bit impressionistic, focusing on these lyrical emotions I had while exploring a new place. It is more detailed when I look at my photographs from it.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

To read a book and talk about it with someone who knows about the topic, trading insights and asking questions.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Mostly. I have some blind spots - I'm kind of awful at digital organization, but my physical spaces are kept well organized and I know where to find what I need.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to understand the principles, but then judge whether or not they are actually sensible, applicable, or fair. I can get agitated when a principle is well defined, but still doesn't actually make sense in terms of how it's application would affect the outside world.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both. I strive to find situations where I can belong and look out for others BY being who I am and following what I believe.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before I speak, but have no preference regarding group vs. one-on-one so long as no one in the group is talking over others.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I look before I leap. Actions usually speak louder than words, but words give me insight into why the action was necessary or valuable - why it was taken. Words can also motivate others to action, something I place a lot of emphasis on. (I'm known for my "pep talks" among close friends)

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Probably go out with them - I can stream the episode later. I might stay in if I've had a really stressful week, though.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

High-strung, scrupulous, beating myself up a lot, degrading myself just for being who I am, overanalyzing my weaknesses. I worry a lot about my future and tend to feel that I am doomed to fail. I withdraw or become overly communicative.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike cliquey people. I dislike people who argue without a cause, just to be negative. I dislike when people give up on improving themselves and the world around them, or when they see others as lost causes. I don't like obnoxious, in-your-face behavior, or people who act thoughtlessly. I don't like when people are inconsiderate of others' positions, or those who kick others when they're down or negatively compare to build themselves up. I dislike when people are myopic - seeing their experiences as the end-all be-all and not thinking about how big the world is.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Most things. The only things I don't really like to talk about much are money, fitness-related topics, and inconsequential gossip (especially if someone is bashing another's circumstances, upbringing, or mode of living just for being different from their own). Anything else is fair game, but particularly conversations about how to improve things, and conversations about shared interests which bring me closer to my interlocutor/s.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

How up-to-date my electronics are, lol. Most things pertaining to upkeep with the exception of keeping things organized and planned.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They perceive me as observant, hard-working, big-hearted, inspired, responsible, put-together, silly, good at showing people a good time, nerdy, charming, open, and self-critical. They may overestimate how open I am because that can be situational. I don't see myself as having it together. They would never describe me as dishonest or irresponsible, and while they may say I have a strong personality, they would not call me self-confident. While some may say I am practical, they would never describe me as straight-laced or overly conventional.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'd invite some people (close friends or family) out to the park and go out to lunch afterwards, then go back to my place to binge-watch TV series, I might (i.e. probably would) play piano and sing for them.

POST QUICK REPLYGO ADVANCED
CANCEL

cron.php

Copyright © 2008 - 2016 TypologyCentral. All rights reserved.