• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[JUNGIAN FUNC] INTJ, INTP or NF?

alienateme

Instinctual Variant
sp
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The J prospects. I would say that most INTJ type descriptions tend to describe the INTJ as someone who is rather energetic in actualizing their ideas. I do want to do it too, it just seems as if I lack the energy to do so. Seem to be a little down recently, emotionally, tired of being constrained. I considered INTP, however I lack the precision most INTPs tend to have, and I'm not overly logical. I see logic to be a tool, nothing more, a simple framework. If I do have Ti, it's probably not dominant. I also don't trust the evidence and data as much as the descriptions of INTJ's say they do. I find the data itself to be subjective unless mathematical. I did a few tests and got INFJ as a result, but somehow, it seems off, simply due to the typing misconceptions between tests and reality. I tend to view reality to be an illusion, the whole structure of it with reference to meaning, and seem to have trouble with work ethics such that the minute I get an idea I wish to pursue, I tend to drop everything of importance and focus fully on that Idea, lead to below average academic results. I somehow think I might just be an INTP, however the descriptions tend to confuse me, some say INTPs are system creators, some say they're refiners who don't create.. A little tough.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I have yet to think up a logical answer for this. Where I live in, society demands I take up a normal job and sacrifice my interests for the sake of economic growth. I generally don't like the way society functions, and I have no issues with going my own way. The only issue I'm facing would be figuring out the steps necessary to reach where I wish to, considering how I lack resources here. Beauty motivates me, and I wish to create something, through science. The whole subjectivity around creation, doesn't really put me off, it actually fuels me.
I've been looking towards quantum computing and affective computing.. attempting to learn as much as possible to test out a hypothesis I have in mind, in the future. I don't care about where I go, or where I am, status wise, I only care about the idea. What I want to do is more important than where I am. I have personal creative goals but they are rather personal and I would prefer to keep them to myself. The human condition interests me, and at the same time disgusts me, as such I would say I'm in search for an ideal, or in search of means to create one, through scientific methods, that would represent my perspective.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I don't think I'll be able to respond accurately.. considering how potential is limitless.. I only have 20+ years of knowledge, by that I mean, applied information. Only thing I find to be profoundly outstanding when I do feel better would be the overarching clarity, in my thoughts.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not knowing enough. Even when socializing, I'm usually silent not because I lack skills, but rather due to my interests and knowledge lying in a separate subject, as compared to the ones the others speak about. I simply have no input, and the whole experience becomes a waste of time. Not being able to put in enough effort also makes me feel inferior, HOWEVER, the inferiority is dealt with by isolating myself and sometimes, separating my thoughts, finding reasons to justify why the opposition is a waste of time, and quietly going on with my own stuff, rather than attempting to actually improve myself in that area.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always consider pro-cons. Sometimes I even check to see if my personal feelings are invested in the decision, would be easier to work with 100% of my self. Though I do the checks, it is rather minor as I spend most of my waking life, unaware of my emotions until left alone. The volume is simply turned down. I tend to consider the long term implications of the decisions and go for quality rather than speed and completion for the sake of it. However I take into consideration of how the group members feel about the decision, only so that I can get my point across and answer their worries in order to achieve max productivity.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I love overseeing the entire project, its not about the control. The control only allows me to get things done. I'd rather manage everything in the background especially if it is my idea. If it isn't, It would be tough to put in effort for it. In that sense, I am rather selfish. I usually emphasize on the process that leads to the results and make it clear to everyone, that they would have to remove all bias towards group members so as to not delay it due to irrational reactions. I mean if they have beef with someone, I'd rather they deal with it, when not focusing on the project than to do it while working with it. I'm usually informing them of what we have to do, when and since I'm dealing with an high functioning autistic team member, I put in time to understand him, so as to find a role for him, one that would him to work on his strengths. I'm doing it for the sake of efficiency. Problem is he considers me a friend and latches on.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
hmm.. this is hard. I'd rather not talk about it. My memory isn't that good anyway.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I SUCK at hands on for learning. I wish I could be good at it, but I just can't, which I guess is why I'm naturally inclined toward theory. Everything I do, learning, drawing, mathematics, I'd rather know the theory first and use it directly rather than hands on, mindless repetition. My memory sucks too, which is why I seek to understand. If I can understand it well enough to create a question, I would say I'm better than those who memorize it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
In certain areas. When doing work I tend to be rather organized, other than that, I ignore most of the surroundings. Its not really messy anyway. My father has OCD, he constantly reminds me to straighten stuff and pick stuff up, scolding me at times for intentionally ignoring it, and I don't quite get it... Its not that I ignored it, I just didn't really see it, or at least process it with awareness. He is probably an ESTJ though, considering his Te..

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don't really look for information to support it. Evidence is biased, subjectively formed, unless mathematical. I see evidence to be sub group of perspective. If everything you search for supports your findings, are you not ignoring the ones you are not seeking out? I don't trust the data, I trust my thoughts, and if the data supports my thoughts, it's simply a tool for objectively measuring its applicability. I would rather understand the principles, simply because they have more to do with creation than refinement. I would rather create which means having a strong understanding in the laws surrounding whatever it is I'm creating. The general application of the idea is of more importance to me than the precision involved.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Harmony, never really thought of that word. I feel at peace i think, when doing my own thing. Its a chore working with others due to their differences.. If I could only clone myself.. but uh, this is where it gets confusing, I said above in 6) that I tend to understand the people I'm working with to produce quality.. The belonging isn't important to me, but if it makes them more productive, then I'll just have to acknowledge it. Those are the details. The big picture is of me following my ideas, and believing in them. It is rather hard to describe it.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking, prefer group. I am not comfortable with the one to one intimacy, unless that person is someone close to me. In a group, importance is scattered, allowing me to sink into the background and view the big picture. I think this goes against the natural definition of introversion and extroversion, unless you're looking at the jungian definition.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know. I hate doing something just because I have to. I need to find a reason for it.
That is tough, my father is a man of action, constantly pushing me to become more action oriented. I think it is rather impulsive at times. Then again, anyone can say anything, and not do anything about it. Both hold value, to different people, so I guess a balance would be best. Personally I try to balance it off.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Friends? nope, I'm staying at home. Friend, maybe.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I have actually filled out an enneagram questionnaire which might be useful for this question. I shall link it below.*

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Their know it all attitude (ironic i know), superficiality, their trust in external information, structures, data, their focus on sustainability due to the past and the present. It is hard for me to stay present. Their complains, their misuse of emotion. They need an ideal, imo.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Actualizing my ideas, I don't tell them about it, I ask them about how they would do it. Their future plans, quantum physics, games, life and art. Most people stay away from deep conversations, so I tend to be quiet most of the time, filled with dissatisfaction.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I can assume the 'you' is missing in the question, alongside the question mark.
I pay the least attention to the past. Followed by the present. I do not ignore my feelings actively, they're just quiet mostly, rather mathematical, i think my feelings rather than feel them, sorry for getting off topic. My physical body is neglected sometimes, comfort is not necessary, unless I'm at home.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't know, they think I'm understanding, knowledgeable, hermetic, private and unbiased, but I am not sure on how they reached these conclusions. I think I am rather biased towards my perspective, but it could possibly be my reasoning that makes them think of me as unbiased. As for understanding, I do it for a reason, I don't just welcome them, I prefer being left alone. They would probably never say I'm outgoing, impulsive, open, overly logical and overly emotional.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Stay at home, learn more to prepare for my ideas, reflect a bit, organize my thoughts regarding that, start working on my creative plans and relax a little. Considering my shared commitment between my personal plans and overarching goal, I am yet to produce a proper means to balance their progress..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*LINK: https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/90476-enneagram-help.html
Really would appreciate responses. Thanks.

Had 2 responses on the other site, One of which was quite useful, however I would require a fresh perspective. The other was in the same situation as me, so upon evaluation, I would share this link to that user, might be of use to him too.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I get an XNTP vibe, but INTJ is a possibility too.

Which of these do you have the hardest time?
-considering group "harmony" and values.
-stabilizing your pursuits, focusing on one idea rather than fickly being enticed by numerous musings.
-Focusing on the "here and now", focusing predominantly on what the unfolding current situation.

alienateme

Instinctual Variant
sp
I get an XNTP vibe, but INTJ is a possibility too.

Which of these do you have the hardest time?
-considering group "harmony" and values.
-stabilizing your pursuits, focusing on one idea rather than fickly being enticed by numerous musings.
-Focusing on the "here and now", focusing predominantly on what the unfolding current situation.

Thanks for responding.

I don't really have problems with stabilizing my pursuits, everything I've picked up and learned along the way seemed to have led to the idea in mind. The issue I'm facing is, over-valuing my pursuits and prioritizing them above day to day necessities, making me selfish with time and effort. It's not that I'm not hardworking, I'm just hardworking in the areas I value, the areas people find to be useless and choose to ignore. Lack discipline due to the trouble I have with day to day living and the amount of energy loss from forcing myself to work in the system I disagree with.

As for group harmony and ethics, I get them, but find them to be completely useless and self-serving in terms of stability and confidence. People feel better about the decisions they make when they know someone(s) is on their side. I find that to be rather.. disgusting, can't expect me to value their independence and individuality in thought.

I tend to find it hardest to stay present and focus on the here and now, the practical world, its a burden. I find the outside world to be a mess, something I just wish to actively ignore and only enter once I have something of worth, which is my idea in mind, hopefully, and to my father, well apparently you have to 'put in effort, work hard and become successful". I don't care for success. While I'm lost in the future, I tend to disregard my personal position in it, and focus purely on the idea. In that sense I see my self to be a tool. That is one of the things I'm confused about since it might be seen as Ne more than Ni to some, i think.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm leaning INTP. Still quite unsure. Maybe this thread would prove helpful. Functions