• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ vs INTP vs ISTP : Which Am I?

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all, I've been studying Carl Jung's book: Psychological Types and noticed a few things:

1. Feeling vs Thinking has nothing to do with emotion as emotions can not be helped.
  2. Emotions = Sadness, Anger, Happiness, Irritation, etc..Not just crying
  3. Extraveted Feeling = Universal Ethics and Innroverted Feeling = Subjective Morals
  4. Theosophy/Indian Metaphysics is considered a form of Extraverted Thinking - "You attract what you think about) <-- This is a form of Te and I find it too inconsistent to be true.
  5. Introverted Thinking types aren't always smart, they just have subjective ideals, theories and are analytical.
  6. Te users may get "emotional" about others crossing Te standards or rules. Ti users may get emotional about you crossing their subjective theories, ideas, or analysis. Fe users may get emotional if you cross universal/traditional ethics and Fi users may become emotional if you cross their subjective morals.
Getting a "feeling" that something is good or bad/right or wrong and living by those notions = Fi.
Having a thought that something is right or wrong according to one's logical/analytical systems = Ti.
With that said, I a still confused as to who I am. I know for certain that Ti , Ni, Se, & Fe are in my stack. Because Ti is so strong, I've considered INTP. I've been told that because I'm emotional I must be an F but most of the time, my emotions are irritability because of the literal stupidity and superficiality of society.

1. I notice patterns of behavior consciously AND subconsciously and am able to form a general perception of others overall makeup.
  2. I rely on visions, tarot cards, and meditation to give me answers about certain things.
  3. I can be rigid in my perception about things
  4. I feel it is my duty to help others out of their bad mood
  5. I am called tactless in debates/arguments and in general. My dad nicknamed me "straight shooter."
  6. When it comes to logical truths, your ethics are very irrelevant to me..whether these are accepted worldwide or not. If it doesn't add up, it doesn't add up.
  7. Some of my hobbies include: Singing, Free-style dancing, debating (here and there), studying religious beliefs, astrology, tarot cards, studying alien agendas, conspiracy theories, playing any sport I can, (if I'm not lazy), eating, and watching science fiction or fantasy movies
  8. The only morals I have - If you have something to say, say it directly with a respectful intent. Don't be a coward, speaking indirectly or behind my back. A direct enemy is more respected than a coward. I hate cowards with a passion. 2. Be kind to others, meaning, common courtesy. Next, killing animals for sport is cowardly. Hunters who hunt for sport are cowards too scared to hunt humans. And last but not least - Leave things alone that are not bothering you. Other than that, I have no morals and generally believe that morals shouldn't exist anyways because good/bad don't exist on a grand scale. They just oppose what you feel is right or wrong. It doesn't make it so.
  9. I grew up , obsessed with NBA Basketball, played it a bit in highschool. I'm good at emulating dances and don't require learning step by step.
  10. I like playing in makeup but only because I hate my nose. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. I like being comfortable.
  11. I am good at seeing the overall issue in group fights and seek to help one understand the other.
  12. I was diagnosed with Agoraphobia & Bipolar Disorder.
  13. I do have mood issues and am very cynical at times
  14. I have had issues in the past with thinking I'm intellecually superior to others and that most people in life lack the proper analytical skills
  15. I get mostly offended when my style of dress or looks are attacked or when my logic is in question.
  16. I think a hobby like Boxing would be best for me. Growing up, I liked to play fight and would play fight these days as long as I knew the other person wouldn't get their emotions or ego involved. (Keep it friendly.)
  17. Emotions or personal convictions don't belong in debate. If you're going to debate, the only thing that should matter is getting to the logical (raw) truth.
  18. Knowledge is above all else except maybe, Intuition.
  19. Extraverted Sensations are needed in this life to live it without worry and provide relief.
  20. I speak in metaphors AND I speak directly. I am not afraid of conflict as it is a natural part of life. At times, I even feel as though I'm looking for someone "bold" enough to approach me with things they disagree with concerning my logic or whatever else.
  21. I intimidate people. I refer to myself as an Alpha female because I'm confident meaning: Nobody's gonna step all over me or any of that crap.
  22. Sometimes, I like to start stuff with people I've had issues with in the past just to test their patience
  23. I am turned on by conflict with the opposite sex. I need arguments for stimulation if an intense intangible connection isn't present.
  24. Spontaneous actions that are not thought through irritate me. For example: My mom just getting up and moving furniture without warning or inviting someone over without warning. (I can't stand strangers coming into my home.)
  25. I like things to be set ahead of time such as the bill money or etc. I hate it when someone is incompetent when it comes to fixing electronics , figuring out how to hook things up, or when it comes to saving money to make sure you have enough to pay for bilks, groceries & etc.
  26. I respond to crisis/dangerous situations first and with a very calm demeanor. . I get annoyed with people who act overdramatic when something tragic happens.
  27. I'm good at giving advice to others' problems
  28. People who can't set their emotions OR subjective morals aside for logical truths annoy the crap out of me. (Religious folks..especially Bible Thumpers)
  29. Egotistical people who feel they're entitled to too many opinions when they're not up to par themselves bother me
  30. I like: Food, Respect, Knowledge, Emotions , Logic, Analyzing, Video Games, Sci-Fi, Astrology and all that woo-woo stuff.
  31. I unintentionally hurt peoples emotions during debate because of my demeanor and blunt speech. (Which sucks)
  32. If a tragedy happens where the person suffered the consequences for his/her own actions, I don't feel any sympathy . I only feel sympathy if something is not fair
  33. My mindset is naturally set on tit-for-tat
  34. The less people you have to communicate with, the better.
  35. Relationships are too much work because you constantly have to cater to people's sensitivities, and stuff. Blah
  36. I'm good at doing anything artistic or sporty.
  37. You should set your bad mood aside for the sake of a group or a team.
  38. A E S T H E T i C S .
Honestly, I think I use all of my functions well and unwell. I relate to inferior Se but I can also see where Fe gets draining too easy. I can get along with others just as long as they make sense because people who don't make sense get offended when you correct them. If you think my possible personality isn't listed, post which one you think and why.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
As a whole I can't pinpoint a type. Some of the examples you use isn't type relayed any type can like or dislike anything and everything.

Many of your words support Fi -Te. The order they fall, I don't know. Because we can't correlation intelligence with T/F..emotions with T/F...I'd have to see many sides of you and how you react in many situations under many circumstances.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi over Fe? mmm...

Maybe INTJ.. but I don't think so. I am very accommodating to others and even change my moral stances according to who I'm talking to. My Enneagram is 4 so I can be individualistic but I do think Ti & Fe > Fi for me.

And you're right. Maybe I just need to learn my own type. I originally am typed as INFJ.

I don't think I'm Fi dominant nor an Introvert so that kinda of does it for me when it comes to ISFP and INFP... Fi doms don't change their morals according to who they talk to. They are the same no matter what.. and Jung said that they don't give direct compliments much but are more ambiguous.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always plan my spontaneous actions diligently with my virtual assistant and our in house project management tools

i read this and thought "all according to plan... i can leave exactly the message i had intended with no editing..."

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uhm........

I was TIRED!! :shrug:

Have you taken Enneagram? If so what was your result? I think when basing personal behavior to align with cognitive functions, you just get stereotypical crap shoots. Having your e type helps to answer a bit more on motivation and so the cognitive functions are more easily "seen".

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you taken Enneagram? If so what was your result? I think when basing personal behavior to align with cognitive functions, you just get stereotypical crap shoots. Having your e type helps to answer a bit more on motivation and so the cognitive functions are more easily "seen".

Yup. My Tritype is either 487, 478, 784, or 748. I'm crazy and out of touch with myself. That's why it's hard.

"I'm a million different people from one day to the next.. I can't change my mold."
I need others to chime in on who I am but when they do, I debate it. My family just says I'm a straight- shooter , assertive, blunt & ouwardly emotional. (Irritated, happy, sad, etc)

(I'm on my phone and can't see any place where I can respond to a reputation comment) ..but.. Lol - I claimed I was tired as a silly excuse. (Ex - "The dog ate my homework.") .. I didn't take the jokes to heart. It was clearly a stupid statement I typed.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup. My Tritype is either 487, 478, 784, or 748. I'm crazy and out of touch with myself. That's why it's hard.

"I'm a million different people from one day to the next.. I can't change my mold."
I need others to chime in on who I am but when they do, I debate it. My family just says I'm a straight- shooter , assertive, blunt & ouwardly emotional. (Irritated, happy, sad, etc)

(I'm on my phone and can't see any place where I can respond to a reputation comment) ..but.. Lol - I claimed I was tired as a silly excuse. (Ex - "The dog ate my homework.") .. I didn't take the jokes to heart. It was clearly a stupid statement I typed.

That all sounds very 6. Oscillating energy is very 6. "I'm out of touch with myself" is another clue learning toward core head type. Check it out as another option. I enjoy The Verve as well.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That all sounds very 6. Oscillating energy is very 6. "I'm out of touch with myself" is another clue learning toward core head type. Check it out as another option. I enjoy The Verve as well.

Perhaps if I'm a 6, it's 6w7 because the other one, "The Defender" seems inaccurate. My ethics are shaky and depend on what I discover or what mood I'm in, my agenda, or whoever I'm around. Perhaps this is a bit much for a Bipolar person to ask..

In a normal mode, I'm eating, dancing, or researching stuff.. (Things I do on a day to day basis) .. But I only research coz I'm broke as hell with Agoraphobia. If I had money, I wouldn't be at home as much. (Hopefully soon, I can get a new job..after I get my teeth pulled out)..

I do agree with you, that it does seem a bit 6'ish. Honestly, I relate to all of the head types. Those are the hardest to figure. I know I'm an 8 instinctual type & 4 heart type.

My overall personality is that of an excitable cynic, who at times come across as more positive than one actually is. (Just to satisfy my peers who don't care to hear my continuous complaining about how irritating things are.)

Hmm...... 648, 684, .... I'm not loyal to anything to be honest..I'm wondering if I'm more 6'ish coz I'm cooped up,in the house.. (Which is not a life I at all, prefer).. Or if it's real.. The same goes for my overall type. Being SchizoAffective with Bipolar/Agoraphobia probably taints my credibility to be any type..

I wonder If I developed more of my introverted functions due to being too afraid to go out in public...too ..

Why can't I just type all of my personalities? 😂 Okay I get why not..

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps if I'm a 6, it's 6w7 because the other one, "The Defender" seems inaccurate. My ethics are shaky and depend on what I discover or what mood I'm in, my agenda, or whoever I'm around. Perhaps this is a bit much for a Bipolar person to ask..

In a normal mode, I'm eating, dancing, or researching stuff.. (Things I do on a day to day basis) .. But I only research coz I'm broke as hell with Agoraphobia. If I had money, I wouldn't be at home as much. (Hopefully soon, I can get a new job..after I get my teeth pulled out)..

I do agree with you, that it does seem a bit 6'ish. Honestly, I relate to all of the head types. Those are the hardest to figure. I know I'm an 8 instinctual type & 4 heart type.

My overall personality is that of an excitable cynic, who at times come across as more positive than one actually is. (Just to satisfy my peers who don't care to hear my continuous complaining about how irritating things are.)

Hmm...... 648, 684, .... I'm not loyal to anything to be honest..I'm wondering if I'm more 6'ish coz I'm cooped up,in the house.. (Which is not a life I at all, prefer).. Or if it's real.. The same goes for my overall type. Being SchizoAffective with Bipolar/Agoraphobia probably taints my credibility to be any type..

I wonder If I developed more of my introverted functions due to being too afraid to go out in public...too ..

Why can't I just type all of my personalities? 😂 Okay I get why not..

Ok. Well, if you haven't stabilized with meds then I would agree that typing would be a wild goose chase.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, sure I have mood issues and anxiety but I do have a stable enough personality. I was just saying stuff to say stuff. I mostly get irritated & depressed when it comes to my mental problems.
If I hadn't told you that I had any, which type do you think or does your gut say?

So I'm outside and decided to write things down. Maybe someone will feel as though they have an idea of my type as a gut instinct:

What I Notice In Public

Daydream - At First - Unaware Of My Surroundings

Stare At Wheels On Car - It's hilarious how humans are kinda just rolling on wheels.

A cloudy sky, with the Sun slightly peeking through, with my soothing music helps to set the tone for my day.

I feel dumb saying "Have a good day" because I hate my voice but I said it anyways because it's polite

I noticed crows double teaming a squirrel for some reason.

I can't leave the house without music blasting in my ears to switch my perspective on how I see life and to tune out people.

I'm scared to drive a car but I really want a motorcycle.

I'm getting bit by Mosquitos and am reminded of a song called its okay mosquito. LOL

I'm not talkative in public. I like my headphones in , even when I'm with someone.

I like a lot of sensory stimuli going on around me: Fire Trucks, Loud Cars, City Life etc..

I don't get drained from that stuff or cluttered but I also like an aesthetically peaceful environment.

I don't mind debating my values as long as youre pointing out why it makes no sense

If a value or ethic makes no sense to me it is disregarded, smoothly

I can deal with rules as long as they make the most sense to me.

I like to be early because I hate being late.

If something doesn't make any sense to me, I won't be able to let it go

I am very flexible

I am naturally accommodating to others until they stop making sense. After that , it gets draining to pretend I don't want to correct them.

That's all. If I'm too redundant for you, feel free to skip! At this point, I'm just looking for a type to piggyback off of.

What is your gut telling you my type is?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I pick up lots of similarities with myself. I'm an INFJ e6 with certainty. Practically the only thing that does not resonate is that you like lots of sensory stimuli, but that may be related to age. I have no idea how old you are. When I was around 18 I did actively seek out sensory stimuli a lot more than I do now (nearing 40).

My gut feeling is confused between INFJ & INTP for you though. I've always thought these 2 types are worlds apart but lately I'm not so sure (see my Einstein thread).
But since you obviously think things through a lot (you come across in this thread as very opinionated) and assuming you're around 20 years old, I'm suspecting Ti kicking in (INFJ).

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I pick up lots of similarities with myself. I'm an INFJ e6 with certainty. Practically the only thing that does not resonate is that you like lots of sensory stimuli, but that may be related to age. I have no idea how old you are. When I was around 18 I did actively seek out sensory stimuli a lot more than I do now (nearing 40).

My gut feeling is confused between INFJ & INTP for you though. I've always thought these 2 types are worlds apart but lately I'm not so sure (see my Einstein thread).
But since you obviously think things through a lot (you come across in this thread as very opinionated) and assuming you're around 20 years old, I'm suspecting Ti kicking in (INFJ).

Okay, I'll take a look at your thread about Einstein and stick with INFJ. Maybe subconsciously, I get bored of knowing my type and get urges to seek another possibility out. I'm not sure..but what really sparked my curiosity was Ti.

Anyhoo, thanks y'all!