• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP?

redacted

This MBTI "expert" is convinced I'm an INTP.

I think INFJ fits better...but I've been called an INTP so many times...

Can you guys see it? If I were to list the top 2 types I could fit, I'd definitely say INFJ and INTP.

I do think INFJ fits better, though...

Thoughts?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It's not totally crazy.

You like to debate abstracts and you seem to place a lot of value on your ideas. It also looks like you like to top with your ideas and tinker them. On the other hand, I think your observational skills are stronger than your debate skills (but I honestly could be wrong). I would guess XNTP or INFP.

This MBTI "expert" is convinced I'm an INTP.

BlueWing?

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd guess you were an INTP before INFJ--your posts ooze Ti. Then again, I'm not very good at distinguishing Ti from Ni.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sure, why not.

INTP ~ INFJ

I rarely understand either of these types.

And yes, I don't really get you.

:)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I would say you have extraverted perception and introverted judgment. Alas, I can only say that I intuit it.

redacted

So if you guys had to rate INTP or INFJ as a best fit type, would you say INTP fits better?

Seems like the responses so far trend towards INTP.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Well, an INFJ can appear a lot like an IxTP when they're "in the grip" of tertiary Ti. But a true INTP can't really appear to be Ni. Just pointing out something based on theory. I haven't posted here long enough to say anything about your type either way.:blush:

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's tough to say.
I noticed a lot of Ti and a lot of Ni in your posts.
I would say you are either an INFJ with a well-developed Ti or vice versa.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sounds to me like you're an INFJ who's been hanging around here too long ;)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems INTP (favoring logic) to me as well.
Considering you used to go by INTP; what made you change over again?
I also don't recognise the Ni use. The biggest experience I had with Ni is an online conflict with someone for whom it was overdominating. (Used it to speak for other people, justify their own bad behavior, and then becoming a martyr). So I know what that looks like, but I'm not sure what average everyday use of it looks like in people's writing. So the ability to debate type theory like you do I have come to associate with Ti+Ne.

If you do have good Ni use, then ISTP will have both Ti and Ni also.

redacted

Seems INTP (favoring logic) to me as well.
Considering you used to go by INTP; what made you change over again

I use Fe too much, and I seem to be an Ni user over Ne.

I still believe I'm INFJ. All Ts in my immediate family, though, which made me develop Ti much more than most.

Two functions are never enough to explain behavior, anyway. When some people think INFJ, they think Ni+Fe+some bullshit. Many people want to believe that T and F is this huge distinction between people, but it really isn't, except in severe cases.

Most people cluster around the middle somewhere.

It's sort of like p implies q doesn't mean q implies p. T implies good with logic, but good with logic doesn't necessarily imply T.

Good to hear I could pass as INTP, though, considering the image people have of INTPs :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I don't really see any similarity of behavior between you and the other active INFJ's on this board, so I would be inclined to say that you are more INTP. Your Fe, too, is a lot of the time completely undetectable in your forum behavior. What this says about how you typically behave in RL is uncertain, though.

And yes, I know I'm using the T/F divide (without clearly knowing the distinction, though it's easier between Ti and Fe than with Ti and Fi), but I don't know how to recognize Ni accurately, so I have to go with what I know.

redacted

IRL a few of my friends call me "Evan-bot" because I'm so obsessed with logic and systems and computer science and reductionism/determinism, yadda yadda.

I still navigate the world through Fe, though. It halts me from doing a lot of talking. Not that I've logically concluded that strategy is good, but that I literally feel the people around me and their emotional capacities incredibly much, to a paralyzing point. Conflict kills me (although I'm incredibly good at solving it) -- I can't function unless everyone's in a good mood. I also feel obligated to solve any potential discomfort in conversations I'm watching. I intuitively understand what people are talking about, and often serve as a "translator" from one perspective to another (much more of an Ni thing).

I can always see exactly why people are disagreeing, who's being hurt, etc.

Yeah. I just think I'm INFJ with very strong Ti -- stronger than most ETPs I've ever met (which was a coping mechanism I developed early to deal with my crazy mom).

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
but I've been called an INTP so many times...
So have I.

I'm convinced I'm correct about my type.

Err... I guess it isn't all that obvious, but I was making a metaphorical point.