• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you type me?

DB968

Ginger Snap
Hello, I'd like you give it a try and type me. I have an idea but don't want to influence you by saying which types I'm closest to, MBTI and Enneagrams.

As a child:

Mostly played alone, and I preferred to read or invent games, like tunnels for marbles or creating characters and stories. I could play ok in a group by the age of 8 I'd say. I preferred to have one best friend though. It was important for me to dotwell in school. I was a bit weird to other kids, but I made them laugh as I grew up and talked more. I had no problem going out alone to ride my bike. I could enjoy being with others for a while, but I didn't really need it. I already liked movies and I was into music and singing pretty young. Family members used to say I was a loner, stubborn and a know-it-all.

Senses process: senses and sensations aren't what I prefer in life, it's often too noisy, too much light and motion, people, randomness, energy. It's rapidly exhausting. I don't fear crowds, but I don't like them. However, I have a good sensory memory, in particular visual/auditory, I think in movie. I learn fast that way, less by reading lines and lines. I feel things very strongly sensory-wise.

Emotions: I'm not that good with emotions, although better now through learning ways of dealing with practical matters to succeed, I needed help for more physical things, like learning to breathe, and self expression. It's an exercise, and I incorporate emotions better, mine. It helps me to put words on sensations that stems from emotions and be less scared by them. I deal better with other emotions, in particular their pain and sorrow. I was more like giving advice and solutions, but now I know better how to react with people. More in terms of touch than what to say. I write, sing, listen to music or draw, watch TV series and learn languages and to read people that way, that became important to me around 33 (I'm 36), learn about science, to both learn and unwind. I am more ok to show emotions now, although I'd rather it was in private. I don't care too much what people think of me, I don't trust them though.

How I see the world: a very flawed place, full of potential. I have a dual view, I don't want to be around people, I don't like them that much, they're often stupid and selfish, but I also want everybody to be treated well and fairly, and have the care they need, and be equal in rights.
It's also a sensory vortex, that needs to be analyzed later.
It's a world that could have more meaning.

What I like in others: honesty, loyalty, intelligence, creativity, generosity.

What I like in me: my hair? I'm a good listener, I learn fast. I'm honest. And I have a sense of humor, a bit scratchy maybe, but that's a good thing to me.

Let's start with that.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely I over E, I'm thinking. N over S as well. I initially wanted to say T over F, but the way you described your worldview was very NF, plus the introversion could play a role in not openly displaying emotions. Leaning INFJ or INFP, slightly towards INFJ. 4 or 5, perhaps.

DB968

Ginger Snap
Thank you.

I am an introvert.
My world vision changed with age. I care, but I more consciously do now.
I am a mainly said "J" type. I have a planner, I attach things, papers, schedule stuff, brochures, on my front door, to have a visual. I am always on time, I don't very much like when an appointment is set and not respected, some don't even call, spontaneous ok, that's shit. I like organized things. If I go on vacations, I need to know that I will have a place to stay, where, the people there, how it works. Other than that, I don't schedule everything.
The types I feel the closest to are intj, infj and istj. That said, I don't believe a person can be one type only. An individual cognition is more complex, and we map probably nothing scientifically. Not much.

Blacksheep2017

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Thank you.

I am an introvert.
My world vision changed with age. I care, but I more consciously do now.
I am a mainly said "J" type. I have a planner, I attach things, papers, schedule stuff, brochures, on my front door, to have a visual. I am always on time, I don't very much like when an appointment is set and not respected, some don't even call, spontaneous ok, that's shit. I like organized things. If I go on vacations, I need to know that I will have a place to stay, where, the people there, how it works. Other than that, I don't schedule everything.
The types I feel the closest to are intj, infj and istj. That said, I don't believe a person can be one type only. An individual cognition is more complex, and we map probably nothing scientifically. Not much.

Funny that you feel close to INTJ, INFJ and ISTJ because I was definitely getting vibes of those 3 types from what you were saying. Now that you're explaining in more detail the planning habits, I'm going to say INFJ. I myself float between INTJ and INFJ and agree that no one can 100% type as just ONE personality. It's a spectrum with a dominate type being the closest. My vote is INFJ.

DB968

Ginger Snap
Thank you.

I think my core type is more in the other two, cognitively, although now I feel more infj, still with the commucation skills of a Te user with better "feeling".

Sher

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I also vote INFJ... if we're still voting lol :newwink:

DB968

Ginger Snap
Oh sure, we'll see with time if people would still vote infj. I'm a bit surprised it's a massive vote leaning towards infj. But yeah, feel free anyone.

DB968

Ginger Snap
Also, I wanted to say, for those who are into TV series, I relate to Dana Scully the more because she's pretty emotional while rational - outwardly, for an istj - and I need proof, but intellectually more like Stella Gibson (The fall - intj), and humanly and in depth more like Laura Roslin (Battlestar Galactica - infj). Humanly like all of them. Rigidity like Scully and stubborn like that, and hot temper like her. Strategy, and empathy for others pain more like Stella. Deeply concerned for humanity like Laura Roslin. I don't know if that tells you anything, it does to me.

I also like to investigate. I didn't realize I could before I had to, for private matters - no cheating stuff - and I could find people for others. But unlike Scully or Gibson, I'd be an independent, unless... I am considering.doing that. Before that I was a nanny and a teacher for special classes and individual teaching too. I need something for me now. As selfish as it sounds.

I doubt I am infj.