• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Rouskyrie again.

Rouskyrie

I spent years trying to figure out the Fe/Fi question and a person could make a case in either direction based on the above quote. Fe does seek external harmony, but Fi doesn't necessary love conflict (although some people with Fi engage in a lot of conflict, but that isn't the primary way it is defined.) The following quote is how Jung defines Fe, but I would venture to say it may not actually be a complete representation of it. In his mind it was geared towards women, but since then it has been clear that men use it plenty as well. FWIW, when I read the OP my impression was a bit more INTP than INTJ.

I would have to agree in that it doesn't seem like a complete representation of Fe. Thank you for informing me of your thoughts.

Rouskyrie

Oddly enough, people describe me all the time as "strategic", "tactical", "calculated" but my defining weakness seems to be that I care way too much about what others think of me. The main difference that I have noticed between me and TJs is that I am much more inclined to factor in how other people may or may not impact my plans (in terms of the real-world application).

Thank you for that, that's interesting. I too seem to care quite a bit about what others think of me. Is there any chance you could give me an example as to how you factor in how other people may or may not impact your plans?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for that, that's interesting. I too seem to care quite a bit about what others think of me. Is there any chance you could give me an example as to how you factor in how other people may or may not impact your plans?

For example, if I have unpleasant news to tell someone, I am often waiting for the right time or factoring in his/her personal life before addressing the issue. The TJs I know usually know how to rip off the band aid quickly and resolve the issue in more of a kind but tough love sort of way.

Also, the way you crafted your responses have always made me think that you had a mature, skillful Fe.

To be honest, it took me MANY years to become self-aware enough to have control over my emotions to become strategic and calculated. I am guessing that Ts will have a natural competitive edge for that.