• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You Guys Willing To Type Me

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
Are you asking for MBTI type or Ennagram?

ENTJ? E 3 or 8?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello,

Need help figuring out my MBTI and Enneagram

I first read about the types and then took the MBTI test. The problem is I'm pretty sure that I was subconsciously selecting answers that would get me the types that I wanted. I ask for your help.

I am an 18 year old aspiring writer. I am the de facto leader of my group of friends and everyone who knows me sees me as one of the most intelligent people around.

At school, I was the President of the Philosophy Club and Manager of the Culinary class. People often told me that I was really calm to the point of complete indifference. I was very well-known around school for my eccentric clothing choices and hairstyles. I also picked up the nickname "Spider" because I had a "web" in everyone's business. People always end up spilling their feelings to me for some reason and I'm glad to have that information for some odd reason.

I can come on pretty strong sometimes because I almost immediately steer any new person into talking about their goals and how they plan on achieving them. I can be pretty mysterious myself because I have learned how to camouflage my true intentions to get information that I want. It's really easy for me to make people think I'm revealing my true self when I'm not really saying anything. My ever-present smile and monotone voice help a lot.

General Personality Traits:
-I often employ other people to achieve my goals for me. For example: I wanted to start a band so I found a talented guitarist, vocalist, and drummer without me even knowing how to play an instrument.

-I care a lot about how I'm perceived by others, I do everything to keep my image of "chill genius". This even affected me to the point that I didn't ask out this girl that I loved because other guys I new had rejected her, I hated it, but everyday I talked about this girl with guys I knew.

-I can read a person through text very easily. I often texted girls for other guys at the school and got them together. I knew exactly how to talk to a girl after they just told me a few of her personality traits.

-My friends know that there's no point in arguing with me because I will humiliate them with facts and general logic. I see it as taking a hammer of knowledge and beating them over the head with it until they lose consciousness.

-I like exploring my own and others feelings when possible.

-I believe that I'm destined for fame and often predict how events will play out in people's lives.

-My moral compass shifts depending on who I am with a lot of the time.

-I enjoy reading about historical figures and save their Wikipedia articles on my phone. I just like to get the general details.

-I imagine a lot of what-if scenarios that can get pretty dark at times.

-I have been described as Narcissistic, impractical and elitist.

That's all I got now. If any questions, please ask.

I'm thinking 4w3 INFJ.

FoundAShoe

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
There's no emotion really, I just feel ind of empty inside. I'm thinking of both new and old things and of ways to have fun that day.

2. Describe yourself--

a. What's it like to be you?

It's really a mixed bag. Loved by many, not really close to any almost. Often gets thoughts of how to manipulate a situation or person to work for you. Questioning if your a "good or bad" person then deciding it doesn't matter as it can't really be defined anyways. Always willing to help people, but also very persuasive in convincing them that what they want isn't as good as I what I think they want. I love adrenaline rushes and hanging out with friends, though I often suspect that they're a little dull. I am very attracted to the classic rockstar lifestyle and have materialist tendencies.

b. What have others said about you?

That I'm intelligent, fashionable, chill, and lazy. I'm ungrateful because I don't constantly than people for helping me. Completely unpredictable

c. What do you think of yourself?

I'm a man with an unrivaled intellect. I have a taste for adventure and am always scheming of a new way to get ahead. I can sometimes trample people to get where I need to be, but I always listen to people's problems and try to help them in the way I deem best. I play a lot with people for no apparent
reason other than to do it and have a major mischievous side often convincing my friends to do something stupid.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.

Intellectual loneliness, trying to control my impulsive side, my mouth getting me in trouble, manipulating people to help me, and sometimes lying just to do it.

4. You're not good at everything--

a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?

I could never be a sucker who fell for other people lies. I could never be a person who is content doing the same thing every day or being the same person as I was when I was younger. I don't like to cry about my emotional problems so I just ignore them largely until I have time to analyze them.

b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

I'd like to be better at accepting my own emotions instead of being able to read other people's emotions so easily. I'd like to be more decisive with my life choices instead of switching every time there's a chance, though I always gravitate back towards my initial goals. I have a tunnel-like vision for things I want and even though it may seem like I'm going off-course, I always have an eye towards my dreams.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?

7. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

Sometimes I feel like I need to pursue love while other times I feel like I just need to wait for it.

8. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

Me: I really messed up this time
Superego: Yeah, you should have seen this coming, it was super obvious.
Me: I wonder if destiny and the future really even matter.
Superego: Your goals are all that matter, forget about everything else.
Me: I don't need anyone else to succeed just me
Superego: Yeah, but you'll never be accepted by other people

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am still set on ESTP. Enneagram is not easy, since you have not answered any questions about fears etc. Maybe 2?

FoundAShoe

Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.
Spoiler
5 to be "okay", having it together
7 to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
6 to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
4 to be knowledgeable
2 to be powerful, strong, unassailable---I hate when there's a person who can make me back down due to factors such as being my superior or more skilled. I aspire to be the one who causes others to back down with my talents.
1 to be accomplished and successful---A person is nothing if they have no tangible achievements in life, they may as well have not lived.
8 to strive to become/behave like a good person
3 to be a lovable person---I really want people to lie me, I can't stand having people against me for some reason even if I'm rebelling against them, I always try to win them over to my side.
9 to be loving and benevolent

Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:
Spoiler
1 I must do everything to maintain my world
2 I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
3 I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack

Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

3 Weak and not being on top of things- I have a tendency to go with the flow a lot instead of getting things done that I know I should b doing. Often I'll distract myself by talking with friends or reading.
1 Failure- This is my deepest ear as I have a very difficult time stomaching failure, but only if it pertains my goals.
2 Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan- I would probably end up hating mysel i I was had to do the same work all the time. I hate grunt work, but understand that it needs to be done, though I'll do everything in my power to make sure that I get someone else to handle it

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
That "what's it like to be you" part - I get hella ESTP vibes, with stronger Fe inclinations. The gist of everything I've read so far, and kudos for replying honestly, is that everything you do seems to be 'in the moment', but you are attuned to others' feelings, so it's Exploitable (tm) to your own personal ends. That fear of being 'weak'... Inferior Ni sounds likely, too.

Not familiar with Enneagram; possible 7w8 so/sp?

FoundAShoe

I agree with virtually all of the traits except for their disdain for theory. I don't hate theory, I just prefer it to have some sort of real lie application. I was even President of my schools Philosophy Club, though I often skipped it to do other things. It does start to hurt my head after awhile haha.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I agree with virtually all of the traits except for their disdain for theory. I don't hate theory, I just prefer it to have some sort of real lie application. I was even President of my schools Philosophy Club, though I often skipped it to do other things. It does start to hurt my head after awhile haha.

You... were the president of philosophy club... and skipped it... to do other things xDDD

.. that's the most estp thing i've ever heard :D

FoundAShoe

Commitment to things was always a weak point of mine.

What can I say? I chased thrills and new experiences, but never stayed with any of them.

I was the quintessential lazy genius in high school. Clearly of higher intelligence, but never doing any school work at all. Academic Dec-athlete who tried to wing the entire event. Always assuming that I'm the smartest in the room, but impulsively leaping towards new opportunities to have fun or impress people.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've figured out his type. But I'm waiting to see what the consensus turns out to be.

FoundAShoe

Damn, I come off as really narcissistic and stuck-up in these posts. Alas, this is my actual thought process towards myself.

I'm a nicer guy in real-life I promise!