• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can You Help This April Fool Discern His Type?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmmm. I want to say ESTP. I'm not sure why, and I'm not saying it just because it's there, but - and it's not like you can't be emotional just because of the T in your functions - but... I don't know, I see ESTP. Maybe ENTP, because you weigh pros and cons? You go into yourself, you know yourself. If that makes sense.

I'm not good at this typing people thing, I'm trying.

I agree with ESTP.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for all the help! I guess ESTP is the most likely type. Here are my results of some of the better cognitive function test for a reference.

Keirsey/Jung Test:

Ti>Se>Ni=Fe=Si>Ne>Te>Fi

Similarminds:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (25%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (35%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (30%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
Ni (Introverted Intuition) (45%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
Si (Introverted Sensing) (20%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (35%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (20%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - estp

Keys2cognition:

Cognitive Process
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)
********************************************(44.5)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si)
********************************(32.4)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)
**************************(26.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)
*****************(17.8)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te)
***************************(27.3)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti)
**********************************(34.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)
***********************(23.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi)
*********************************(33.1)
good use

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say definitely T and P; so most likely ISTP. You sound like an "S" version of me.
Curious as to what you mean by "I only went to school for the social aspect". That would make me think E (both for the expressiveness, and for Fe being tertiary, which may start developing at that age), but otherwise, you sound more like TiSe with inferior Fe.
Is the social aspect the "showing off" you mentioned? In classic temperament, ISTP is the "Melancholy-Sanguine", with the withdrawn, aloof Melancholy (IT) on the surface (social area), but the SP is the Sanguine in the area of action-taking, and that would be the part that approaches people for attention. Sanguine is the "extroverted" temperament, so even if one is an I, they will have a measure of "extroverted" traits (which corresponds to what Keirsey, who mapped out the temperaments to type, called "pragmatic". SP is also "Tactical" or "motive focused", which is where they "respond" to or want interaction from people).

And yes, "liking", personal "values", "being true to myself" and "evaluating importance" is technically F, but as everyone likes and values things, it is considered "undifferentiated" as a discrete function unless made conscious by one of the complexes in the psyche that sets its place in the type stack. They key is how you respond when others garner Feeling. Fe would be able to directly connect with what they are feeling. Fi would be able to put oneself int heir place, and from there, share in the feeling. Your reaction sounds like F is as low as it can go (in general, inferior), and what you struggle with is responding directly to them, so it seems like the attitude of the inferior is extraverted rather than introverted. (Inferior Fi might be able to better empathize, but might still be suppressed in the name of the tough persona of dominant Te. Inferior Fe is reflecting dominant Ti, which tries to break everything down logically subjectively, but extreme F situations like that completely stump it).

Function tests definitely point to STP. But even though Se comes out strongest, that could be because it is simply easier to understand than Ti. The same thing happened to me, at first, with Ne. But it could still be ESTP.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say definitely T and P; so most likely ISTP. You sound like an "S" version of me.
Curious as to what you mean by "I only went to school for the social aspect". That would make me think E (both for the expressiveness, and for Fe being tertiary, which may start developing at that age), but otherwise, you sound more like TiSe with inferior Fe.
Is the social aspect the "showing off" you mentioned? In classic temperament, ISTP is the "Melancholy-Sanguine", with the withdrawn, aloof Melancholy (IT) on the surface (social area), but the SP is the Sanguine in the area of action-taking, and that would be the part that approaches people for attention. Sanguine is the "extroverted" temperament, so even if one is an I, they will have a measure of "extroverted" traits (which corresponds to what Keirsey, who mapped out the temperaments to type, called "pragmatic". SP is also "Tactical" or "motive focused", which is where they "respond" to or want interaction from people).

And yes, "liking", personal "values", "being true to myself" and "evaluating importance" is technically F, but as everyone likes and values things, it is considered "undifferentiated" as a discrete function unless made conscious by one of the complexes in the psyche that sets its place in the type stack. They key is how you respond when others garner Feeling. Fe would be able to directly connect with what they are feeling. Fi would be able to put oneself int heir place, and from there, share in the feeling. Your reaction sounds like F is as low as it can go (in general, inferior), and what you struggle with is responding directly to them, so it seems like the attitude of the inferior is extraverted rather than introverted. (Inferior Fi might be able to better empathize, but might still be suppressed in the name of the tough persona of dominant Te. Inferior Fe is reflecting dominant Ti, which tries to break everything down logically subjectively, but extreme F situations like that completely stump it).

Function tests definitely point to STP. But even though Se comes out strongest, that could be because it is simply easier to understand than Ti. The same thing happened to me, at first, with Ne. But it could still be ESTP.

Thank you for responding. What I mean by "I only went for school for the social aspect" was that the day to day interactions I had and observed were what I focused on primarily. Sure, learning was fun but it wasn't my main drive and was just a result of attending class. In terms of showing off, it depended on the situation, but always involved me flaunting (or attempt to) my intelligence of the subject at hand or physical talent. Temperament wise, I haven't really settled on it. When I was younger (-13), I would say Sanguine-Choleric was the best descriptor. 13 to now, it is hard to say, but an observer would probably say phlegmatic. Here's a short summary of my temperament. I'm fine with people. I like being liked by others and the positive attention that comes with it. However, I don't go out of my way to be liked. I don't push people away yet don't initiate either. Ambivert fits me well. I don't like rejection but if it happens, it happens.

People say ESTP, which is possible, but I keep gnawing at the notion that my intuition is not inferior. At the same time, ISTP is hard to fully align with too because I think my Fe is not inferior as well. Decisions, decisions..:dry: What you say about my feeling does make sense when assessing others' feeling. I don't think along the basis "how would I feel" and analyze from that. It's more along the lines of "I understand how they feel" (Ie, This happened, therefore they feel this). It's a "logical knowing" if you will, so I guess that a sign of decent intuition. People's F don't really stump me in terms of understanding them, but as you said, it the response that is the issue (expectation of displayed mutual sentiment to be exact). Inferior Fe is starting to sound more reasonable.

As for function tests and questionnaires, I've been thinking the same thing. I could be ISTP but Se is more "apparent" when describing myself. Introverted functions are hard to put into words.

Last edited:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sanguine-Choleric would be ENTP, but Choleric-Sanguine is ESTP. The difference is that the first one is Interaction style (social) amnd the second is Keirsey temperament (leadership). An ENTP might sound like your descriptions, but you do seem more S.
And I've also noticed that Melancholies on the social level often seem more outgoing when young. As they grow up, they withdraw more. And if Melancholy-Sanguine (ISTP) that's a blend of total opposites, and so overall may seem like a Phlegmatic, which is all around moderate.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sanguine-Choleric would be ENTP, but Choleric-Sanguine is ESTP. The difference is that the first one is Interaction style (social) amnd the second is Keirsey temperament (leadership). An ENTP might sound like your descriptions, but you do seem more S.
And I've also noticed that Melancholies on the social level often seem more outgoing when young. As they grow up, they withdraw more. And if Melancholy-Sanguine (ISTP) that's a blend of total opposites, and so overall may seem like a Phlegmatic, which is all around moderate.

Sorry for the late response, just noticed it. That makes sense that the display of temperaments changes at each stage of life. When considering the actual drive of each temperament, I was Sanguine at childhood with Se preferences (building things, video games, running around, etc). I said choleric because I was competitive but I am rarely goal-oriented and don't care about leadership. Phlegmatic would describe me in my teens to now. It must be noted that I developed severe SA during that period so that's probably why that was the case. At PerC, I noticed you made a post describing each dom function as a "drive". My only drive is to enjoy things from days to day. I don't really have any goals or ideals of the world. Main decision making process: "Is it fun? Is it aesthetically pleasing? What can I do now with what's at hand that will yield the best results?" [sigh], Back at XSXP again. Leaning ESXP now considering that I don't think I introspect enough.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, it sounds like Se dom. and while the SP part is "Sanguine" (in leadership), EST is Choleric, but it is tempered by the Sanguine (which includes the "P" preference), so that's why you wouldn't be as "goal oriented". Social anxiety (if that's what SA is) could affect the expressive/responsive behavior, and also, the Choleric is less responsive anyway, and so doesn't "want" people as much as he "expresses" to them.

So, just curious, see if these temperament profiles fit:
Temperament Reports for the Aspect of Inclusion (check C, CP, PC, PM, and M first, than maybe P)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for the source.

Melancholy-Phlegmatic in Affection
Phlegmatic-Melancholy in Control
Phlegmatic-Sanguine in Inclusion? (Haven't had much social interaction to tell).

Last edited:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
April Fools!! 3 years later, and still uncertain about my type...

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
No problem. When you say this
mayflower said:
I was impulsive and didn't think things through.
and
mayflower said:
Favored hobbies were building with Legos and Video games
mayflower said:
For my weaknesses, I never planned for the future or even thought about it.
mayflower said:
It would probably have something to do with designing aero for cars as that been my main focus through most of my life. I like to make things look good. As long as I'm physically working on something, I'll be content.
ISFP is the type that comes up with my mind, since ESTP is a thinker although ESTP may be spontaneous and very reflexive. ESTP wouldn't enjoy play with Lego for hours. Although they may also enjoy playing video games, but they are more likely to take real sports as a hobby and may even further as a profession rather than just play it on TV screen like video gamer.

It is Fi characteristics that doesn't feel others's people feeling.
I would say your mark in college depends on which major that you chose , you have got bad mark because you may have taken science subjects, engineering, etc, subject that is not supported by your psychological function natural energy.
if only you had taken fine art related subject like music, painting, design, or since you like LEGO, Architecture would be well matched, etc, you would have excelled. You could have graduated as one of the best student. If you have got any chance to get back to study, you should be more selective.
Both ESTP and ISFP are sensational perception maker, from the paradigm of Isabel Briggs Myers MBTI,and both of them are potential artist, following Kiersey since they are under SP category. But since they have different arrangement in function stack and entirely different psychological functions, their traits must be very distinguishable.
I would also add that
mayflower said:
I guess the vote is going to ESTP.
Just keep in mind that voting doesn't determine type. All voters may mistype you.
I have a question:
Since a university background kind a influence your later career, I would like to know how your career is. Would you mind telling us a bit of it?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Was that a lie to fools or a truth?

Truth. (a Fool's truth, if you will.)

No problem.

ISFP is the type that comes up with my mind, since ESTP is a thinker although ESTP may be spontaneous and very reflexive. ESTP wouldn't enjoy play with Lego for hours. Although they may also enjoy playing video games, but they are more likely to take real sports as a hobby and may even further as a profession rather than just play it on TV screen like video gamer.

It is Fi characteristics that doesn't feel others's people feeling.
I would say your mark in college depends on which major that you chose , you have got bad mark because you may have taken science subjects, engineering, etc, subject that is not supported by your psychological function natural energy.
if only you had taken fine art related subject like music, painting, design, or since you like LEGO, Architecture would be well matched, etc, you would have excelled. You could have graduated as one of the best student. If you have got any chance to get back to study, you should be more selective.
Both ESTP and ISFP are sensational perception maker, from the paradigm of Isabel Briggs Myers MBTI,and both of them are potential artist, following Kiersey since they are under SP category. But since they have different arrangement in function stack and entirely different psychological functions, their traits must be very distinguishable.
I've been playing around with the idea of being an ESFP. I feel that I don't really have that deep introspection of values that dom fi's have.

Just keep in mind that voting doesn't determine type. All voters may mistype you.
I have a question:
Since a university background kind a influence your later career, I would like to know how your career is. Would you mind telling us a bit of it?

Perfect timing for the subject. (clears throat).
I really don't have a career. I never had a inkling of what I wanted to do or what my passion is. I graduated with a major in History with a minor in Japanese, but I would probably would have done different if it wasn't for my Social Anxiety. After I graduated, I landed a job at the university's textbook store. However, due to the Coronavirus, I got my separation notice from my employer just this Monday. Now I'm back to square one. I thought about joining the military, but who know if I'll actually go on with it... I feel like there's nothing out there for me. Man, I sound whiny.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Truth. (a Fool's truth, if you will.)

I've been playing around with the idea of being an ESFP. I feel that I don't really have that deep introspection of values that dom fi's have.

Perfect timing for the subject. (clears throat).
I really don't have a career. I never had a inkling of what I wanted to do or what my passion is. I graduated with a major in History with a minor in Japanese, but I would probably would have done different if it wasn't for my Social Anxiety. After I graduated, I landed a job at the university's textbook store. However, due to the Coronavirus, I got my separation notice from my employer just this Monday. Now I'm back to square one. I thought about joining the military, but who know if I'll actually go on with it... I feel like there's nothing out there for me. Man, I sound whiny.

I can go back at the thread and read it if you wish since I never read this before.

But I remember you on Sakinorva topic. You had lower values in that test on all cognitive functions because you marked a lot of questions on the disagree side. Just later (Sakinorva website is messy) I found out statistics on Sakinorva test and discovered that the ISTP type is the one that has this behaviour in average, and partially its cousins.

Data analysis: cognitive function test

"Recall that the highest possible average is 5, and the lowest possible average is 1. (...) If the data still isn't filtered and cleaned out properly, ISTP would end up with the most answers closest to 0. This unfortunately seems to be the case, but I think it's especially weird that ENFJ was the most positive along its "most related to" sequence"

I had a look at the data and I found that's significant for ISTP, ISFP, but not that much for ESTP/ESFP.

So, at least ISTP, ISFP or ESTP you are, since it seems that you answered very close to disagree on several scores.
It is weird, but answering a lot into "disagree" and not seeing yourself on these test affirmations, at least for Sakinorva, is an ISTP trait. I even used that for one of the questions for my own MBTI test (I created on a quiz site).

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Mayflower said:

ESFP is a possibility, since you like a physical activities, and likes to go with the flow.
Mayflower said:
It would probably be Gym because I got to run around a bit; better than sitting in a chair for an hour strait. Extracurricular activities were the highlight of my week (sparing).
Mayflower said:
Go with the flow
I remember that I have an acquaintance who said that life flows like water. I didn't get it when he told me so. It would perhaps mean he has no plan. I would type him ESFP also.
Mayflower said:
I landed a job at the university's textbook store. However, due to the Coronavirus, I got my separation notice from my employer just this Monday.

You should not be too concern about losing your job. That job couldn't really make use of SP's artistic potential anyway.

Mayflower said:
I thought about joining the military, but who know if I'll actually go on with it... I feel like there's nothing out there for me. Man, I sound whiny.
If you are confident in martial arts, military will be a well matched.

Being an Se dominant should make you possess natural aptitude in martial art, as one of the important skills. When Sparring for example, sparer need to adjust to surrounding environment perceived by the five senses. Since martial artist don't really know, where his opponent is going to attack, but when the opponent does, martial artist must be able to response to some extent spontaneously. To do so well, it requires extroverted sensing and introverted judging function .Se - Ti will be more able to perform it, since they tend to be gifted with : speed, or physical strength, But Se with Fi auxiliary like ESFP, should not be discouraged, since martial art doesn't always rely on brute muscular strength or speed, one of which is Aikido.

An ESFP usually has a natural leadership talent, and coordination, and cooperation, which I suppose are needed in military. ESFP and ESTP should join special military unit; not the regular one. Or, May be you are interested in joining intelligence agency. If I were you, I would do more research about that.

Another career options for ESFP

An ESFP should be able to handle Journalistic daily tasks, since their spontaneous reaction make themselves responsive to news, meet the deadline, and their self confidence will make them not awkward to meet new people they didn't know even someone like political figure. I would recommend becoming a journalist as a choice of occupation. For an artistic entrepreneurial work, You can try photography also. However, you may need some investment in equipment for it. Or have you ever dreamt about becoming an actor? It should be well matched also with ESFP.
Celebrities with Se Ti and Se Fi Psychological Functions
Bruce Lee was an actor and martial artist that I type ESTP. He was very gifted with speed. He makes it seem very easy performing Reflexive reaction in his martial art.
This video should give more description of what I mean by reflexive spontaneous reaction of the martial artist as a response to what opponent do in sparring that heavily relies on speed.I would say It is feasible for him to perform since it is supported by the nature consciousness of Jungian Extroverted sensation and introverted thinking function at primary and auxiliary at his stack.
Steven Seagal whom I type ESFP is an example of Aikidoka who is also an actor.
The video below is an example of how spontaneous reaction is performed by him as a response to his opponent in sparring without reliance on speed like Bruce Lee. That wouldn't be psychologically feasible by him if He didn't have Jungian Se primary paired with an introverted auxiliary (my identification is Fi) at his stack.

Last edited: