User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 42

  1. #1

    Default Confirm me being ISFP or disagree completely!

    Seriously I had been considering myself as almost any introvert and even some extraverts (ESFP, ENFP, ENTP). I suck at staying with staying long with same type, everytime something seems wrong and I have to reconsider it. I need someone open minded here and someone who could make accurate judgement and prove it to me so good that I won't reconsider my type after 1 month. Plz don't read older posts or my perC account, I need unbiased opinions.

    Ask me questions, but I prefer that you would somehow force out me to show my functions to you by writing something now and make me think now, because I tend not to write everything about what happened before or I just focus on something important to me too much, ignoring something that may be crucial in finding out my type. You see I don't really trust what I could write about situations myself (subjectivity doesn't let people be fully objective).

  2. #2
    Senior Member Taibreah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    148

    Default

    So, just ask you any questions? Hmm ok. Not sure if this question would be type related, but here is one.

    1) A close friend of yours that you haven't seen in a while is unexpectedly in town and calls you last minute wanting to hang out and catch up. She/He is only in town for the weekend and is not familiar with the area and asks if you could pick him/her up and show them around the town. What is your first thought? What would you do? How does the last minute thing make you feel? Would you do it? Would you have ideas of where to go? Where would you take them or not take them?

    I wouldn't be able to type you as I still have a lot to learn about typing others, but maybe someone else will help you with determining your type. Good luck! :)

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    So, just ask you any questions? Hmm ok. Not sure if this question would be type related, but here is one.
    Well, I wanted to say that I don't want to imagine scenarios in my head (because I think differently than I would, actually, do), but I want to have to think now and don't imagine. I want it to be more realistic and accurate not my imaginatory type. I will do my best with this one anyway.

    1) A close friend of yours that you haven't seen in a while is unexpectedly in town and calls you last minute wanting to hang out and catch up. She/He is only in town for the weekend and is not familiar with the area and asks if you could pick him/her up and show them around the town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    What is your first thought?
    What the hell are you doing here? Why? Where? For what? Interesting and I didn't expect that. (irl it most likely won't happen because 1) friend wouldn't notice me 2) I don't really care about their current location and even forget their egxistence)

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    What would you do?
    Most likely I would go and meet him, but I wouldn't really know where should we go. We would probably go to where I ive and have long talk. My only friend isn't very interested in exploring town and I'm bad at remembering what are popular destinations or special ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    How does the last minute thing make you feel?
    almost nothing if I don't have anything important already planned, which I almost never have

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    Would you do it?
    yup

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    Would you have ideas of where to go?
    Not really, maybe something on the go, I tend to remember thing when I see objects that I had memories of or with, maybe random memorisation. Less likely I know place where I dream to go and this could be nice opportunity, but this isn't likely. I care more about person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    Where would you take them or not take them?
    I already said that I don't know, maybe somewhere to eat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taibreah View Post
    I wouldn't be able to type you as I still have a lot to learn about typing others, but maybe someone else will help you with determining your type. Good luck!
    Good that you contributed here, but I don't think that this scenario could reveal much about person. I see some function reveals, but I don't think those will be enough for something reliable. Well, I will observe how it goes.

  4. #4
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    What do you value most?

    What brings you the most happiness?

    How would your describe Fi and Se as functions? How do you use them?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    What do you value most?
    I don't really know, maybe intensity in my life. My values change as I go in my life and pointing out only one would be just stupid. I wouldn't stay long with it. Thank god there are some more permanent ones, that just change shape over time. Some of them: feeling good, having fun
    , having good music to listen to, not being abused, having freedom, not being limited, reaching goals that I feel like I should reach, completing tasks, not being overwhelmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    What brings you the most happiness?
    Moments when I pull out some godlike skills. For example: I got maximum grades from 3 tests same day without any proper studying and lacking sleep, when I was running in PE and it was last lap I increased my speed to the max and overtook everyone and gained lead, in Forza 3 breaking Fujimi Kaido lap time record of 2016 in F class, when I push myself to the limit at playing basketball and then doing lots of useful stuff. You see something dramatic and almost impossible, best word I can find is intense.

    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    How would your describe Fi and Se as functions? How do you use them?
    We don't use them, we just have them and they show themselves, we aren't gods. Descriptions will be basic, but i feel like I know them better, just expressing myself with words is hard.

    Fi - it's judging function. Decides persons values from within of person. Doesn't require environment to help with judgement. It's just like Ti could be rebelling function of people, but it's different than it. Focus are feelings not logic. In dominant position it's unconscious and it just happens that we judge something, conscious judgements seem to have less worth in decision making than this unconscious one. It should feel natural to use it, while using lower judgement function will interfere with dominant and could make human don't really understand himself and even feel like being it's own enemy (Fi and Te are opposites). Of described as information filter because judges information based on person values fast.

    Se - it's observing function. Observes environment just as it is, but isn't responsible for any judgements. Sees what can be seen by anyone and enjoys observations as much as it's possible (or at least notices lots of details, rarely misses something). Often misunderstood that it reacts to environment fast (having fast reaction types). It doesn't because it doesn't judge anything by itself. Not necessarily adrenaline junkie function too, but may enjoy activities that lets person to feel lots of concrete information incoming.

    I'm not sure if I even use them so I won't answer how I use them. Usage should be obvious from descriptions.

  6. #6
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    @The green spirit

    Based on that post response you could certainly be an ISFP. The reason I asked the question about defining the functions is that people do have widely varying ideas about what each function is, and so it can mean something completely different for a person to identify with various functions based on what their assumptions are about those functions. There is also a way that either very accurate or very inaccurate descriptions of functions can reveal some information about what a person's type actually is.

    I tend to support whatever conclusions other people draw for themselves because each individual knows more about who they are than anyone else does, and even the occasional mis-typing of oneself can still express truths about the person.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    Based on that post response you could certainly be an ISFP. The reason I asked the question about defining the functions is that people do have widely varying ideas about what each function is, and so it can mean something completely different for a person to identify with various functions based on what their assumptions are about those functions. There is also a way that either very accurate or very inaccurate descriptions of functions can reveal some information about what a person's type actually is.
    Well, I have experience in typology.


    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    I tend to support whatever conclusions other people draw for themselves because each individual knows more about who they are than anyone else does, and even the occasional mis-typing of oneself can still express truths about the person.
    I don't think same here. Help from others to find out your type could be very helpful and relieving. Person itself cannot see himself objectively all the time, so different views from other people could help you see yourself more objectively, but requires skills to filter doubled subjectivity.

  8. #8
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The green spirit View Post
    I don't think same here. Help from others to find out your type could be very helpful and relieving. Person itself cannot see himself objectively all the time, so different views from other people could help you see yourself more objectively, but requires skills to filter doubled subjectivity.
    Okay. Based on the little fragments of information I have from these few posts of yours, my impression is that I get a clear read on your use of Se, but the Fi read is not as clear. You could just as easily be ISTP in my impression. There is a certain way that really strong Fi-doms write and communicate that is not quite as clear to me in these few posts. Seeing typology as having objective, universal definitions also strikes me as somewhat Ti-driven, but there are some Fi-doms who approach it similarly. I'm also accustomed to E4 Fi-doms (specific individuals), so my impression might also be a bit skewed by that as well.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    Okay. Based on the little fragments of information I have from these few posts of yours, my impression is that I get a clear read on your use of Se, but the Fi read is not as clear. You could just as easily be ISTP in my impression. There is a certain way that really strong Fi-doms write and communicate that is not quite as clear to me in these few posts. Seeing typology as having objective, universal definitions also strikes me as somewhat Ti-driven, but there are some Fi-doms who approach it similarly. I'm also accustomed to E4 Fi-doms (specific individuals), so my impression might also be a bit skewed by that as well.
    Shouldn't your write up mean that I'm Se dom? You saw strong Se and you aren't sure about Ji function, couldn't that indicate stronger Se?

    (I feel like I messed up in this statement)

  10. #10
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The green spirit View Post
    Shouldn't your write up mean that I'm Se dom? You saw strong Se and you aren't sure about Ji function, couldn't that indicate stronger Se?

    (I feel like I messed up in this statement)
    I actually did start typing that out - the suggestion that you could be a Se-dom, but then deleted it. I wrote that response in a hurry and also realized I didn't word it correctly about the "universal definition" business. I'll try to come back and write out thoughts more clearly later. I've lived my entire life with Fi and Ti-doms, and have read Jung primarily, but also some of the more recent MBTI writers.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] Help me understand ISFPs?
    By EsoteriEccentri in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 03:10 AM
  2. Would Michael Westen be an ISFP or ISTP?
    By Illmatic in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 02:05 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
  4. [ISFP] Books for ISFPs (or just Quinlan)
    By Quinlan in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 11:19 PM
  5. Blahhhrrrr, the tests tell me INFP, ISFP or INTP.
    By Liminality in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO