• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

40Q, test results, etc.

Shiver

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that as it was very detailed.

Is there any particular reason you'd say One over Five as the primary type, or is the Nine wing the main contributing factor to that? Is this a typical likeness one would see between 5w4 and 1w9? I ask because it's also been suggested that I'm some variation of 5-8-3 or 5-8-4 on PerC, a forum on which I'm far more inclined to argue or be otherwise openly or explosively hostile with members. I'm not wholly sure how these archetypes stack up other than the brief things I've managed to search out on them. Would a Five lead in this situation subdue the Eight secondary somewhat for a similar - if more expressive - appearance, or is that not how it typically manifests?

I do usually score highly on One when I take tests and many of the things I read about it seem like something I can relate to. On the other hand, I've been called a "wizard in a tower" due to my innate tendency to completely isolate myself from any human interaction while I study whatever happens to be my current obsession. How does one discern between ordering of enneagram types that result in somewhat similar behavior? I guess that's my main question. 154 vs 514? Either vs 584? 583? Possibly I just need to find more to read on tritypes in general. I do feel like the 584 on this page is extremely fitting for me:

5-8-4: original, rebellious, temperamental and highly individualistic and independent, these Fives are can be extremely self-focused and mostly unconcerned with other people’s feelings and wants. They are often inspired and have great vision which they strive to turn into reality – they have a practical side which helps them. Although brilliant and resourceful, others may find it hard to deal with their self-important, narcissistic behavior and their oversensitivity to frustration – their violent reactions can be scary.
typical subtypes: sexual, 5w4, 5w6 (counterphobic wing)
similar tritypes: 5-4-8, 8-5-4
flavours: resourceful, defiant, visionary and reactive​

Much of your post does line up very well though; I'd even considered ILI-Te and INTJ as more likely than most other types prior. I'm glad you took the time to write this all up; many would be lucky to get such a thoughtful response. :)

-----​

EDIT: Reading up on how One and Eight deal with "justice" kind of muddles things for me as well (although I couldn't ever see Eight as my primary type; how much of this could be "integration"?):

"In Eights, justice is more of a visceral response, a reaction to witnessing injustices occurring. Eights, generally speaking, do not walk around thinking about these matters, but if they saw a helpless person being harmed or bullied by others, without thinking about it, Eights would rush in to "level the playing field."​

This reminded me of a walk I had through a nearby college campus late one night. As I passed by a building on the path, I overheard a boy and a girl apparently having some sort of fight from about 12 feet below on a lower portion of the area outside of the building, with the male voice tone rather pushy and forceful as the female voice kept yelling along the lines of, "Get away! Don't touch me!" I went to the edge and stared down at them and was nearly ready to leap down myself when they saw me and stopped what they were doing. It occurred to me then that it was the building for theater - they were practicing with scripts in hand.

However the following is also true in me:

"Ones think a great deal about issues of providing suitable standards for human beings and about the specifics of how to administer a fair and equitable system."​

That said it is easier for me to desire tearing down a poor system than to spend the effort building a new one that isn't likely to see the light of day or may not live up to my ideal. I expect it's always easier for people to pick out flaws than to build something as a replacement, unless specifically asked.

Of course this subtype is pretty good too:

1-5-4: a reserved, cerebral and fairly intuitive One, who has a preference for the realm of the thought and the abstract. They can be very theoretical and philosophical and like to be alone and ponder things for a long time. They have a developed imagination and a deep insight into the nature of things and people. Mainly isolationists, they have a tendency towards spareness and austerity and are generally economical and even avaritious. At times experience gloomy moods which they strangely enjoy.
usual subtypes: self-preserving, 1w9
similar tritypes: 1-4-5, 5-1-4
flavours: theoretical, philosophical, hoarding and insightful​

Last edited:

Shiver

I may dump some other things here that I posted on the enneagram subforums at PersonalityCafe, just for reference in the future.

Questionnaire

Examples of Anger

Big 5 Test

HumanMetrics MBTI

Last edited: