• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

About my type

TheSilverCompass

Hello there :D, I'm just one of people who has confusion about typing myself. So if you guys can help me, that's great. I'm not sure about my enneagram either, but I had the result of enneagram 4w5 mostly, but I might switch and comfortable of being a nice and lonely 5w4, who crave nearly to none attention from the outside world, or a 1w9 because my friends constantly complain about how I always control and persuade other people's viewpoints.

MBTI-wise, I'm pretty sure that I'm an N type. My cognitive test usually have my score Ni the highest, but strangely have all other cognitive functions introverted: Ti and Fi could be switchly the second-highest, depends on the situation, and Si is always the lowest. They score me on the Best-fit personality as an INFP, which I'm totally cool about that, but for some reason, there is always some sort of strange confusion/suspicion about the accuracy.

So here is my description, what I think about myself and sometimes people will annoyingly critize me for being of nose-stickers of everybody's business:

I want to change the world. For better reason, good sakes, have more mercy and compassion and some sort of idealistic things you could read in children's book. I adore Malala Youszafai (if I ever spell her name correctly) and believe that education is the best option for changing the world, but not hurting anyone. Politics and military used to be interesting to me, but I abandon the idea of being a politician because it's not that great when you just resolve everything, which has already a mess, by create another war/conflict that lead to a even greater disaster. No thanks.

I value compassion than any justice. Actually, justice should be based on compassion. But I never back down and give up my ideas and opinion. In such the way that, "No. You might have that opinion, but I don't have the same and don't like your perspective either, and that's the point."

People said that I'm pretty controlling and had a bad habit when I was young: being a selfish and argumentative kid, always think that my view point is the best to be applied to any human being. I was kinda suck at that time, but I changed for the better so don't worry.

I have at least a enjoyable sense of humour, with a straight-forward and sarcastic expression.

I'm romantic, suspicious and easily to depress. I have some childhood trauma and sometimes (still) struggle with it. But I'm good now.

I used to think that I need people understanding me to live. But now I realize it's kind of bothering when there's always someone who take care and smother you, control your time and what you eat. So I gave up the idea and tried to live on my own, even nobody can understand me, I still perfectly fine about it because I'm free to do what I want.

Heavily introverted and private. My dream is to have a library of my own, with paper books and to study about everything.

I want to be a writer/novelist. Literature might not be everything, but it obviously holds the upmost place in my life. I'm a romantic person, but also very independent and not easy to fall in love. Mushy-gushy intimacy doesn't do well, only if that person is so special that I have to drop all my guards.

I also study science to earn a living. I don't believe in literature education that much.

I want to explore the world. Travelling around the world, read more books, find more about myself, my cultures and knowledge about the world. Yes, that's my dream.

Last edited:

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
What you say can be indicative of both INFJ and INFP. I've doubted myself whether I was one or the other. What helped me get to a solution was to study the functions. For example, how do you react when under stress? Do you overindulge on sensory pleasures such as sex, alchool, food, sigarettes, drugs ecc? Here you can read info on inferior Se. If you think you fit there, you could be INFJ https://www.douban.com/note/218476607/

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
INFJ, with quite a bit of Ti.

This is the Fe:

I want to change the world. For better reason, good sakes, have more mercy and compassion and some sort of idealistic things you could read in children's book. I adore Malala Youszafai (if I ever spell her name correctly) and believe that education is the best option for changing the world, but not hurting anyone. Politics and military used to be interesting to me, but I abandon the idea of being a politician because it's not that great when you just resolve everything, which has already a mess, by create another war/conflict that lead to a even greater disaster. No thanks.

I value compassion than any justice. Actually, justice should be based on compassion. But I never back down and give up my ideas and opinion. In such the way that, "No. You might have that opinion, but I don't have the same and don't like your perspective either, and that's the point."

Keila

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]

That actually sounds very Fi to me. Fi's like to cling to internal of set of values and morals, refuse to compromise, and it frequently compels them to state disapproval on something. (this doesn't mean they don't have 'compassion' though). Whereas an Fe is more likely just to let something go if they don't agree with it. What are you viewing as Fe?

TheSilverCompass

Hello, thank you for replying my thread :D. Yes, like I said, I'm often stumbled on being INFP or INFJ. I usually feel awkward in term of social relationship.

[MENTION=32732]Butze[/MENTION], I don't think I would indulge on many things that are considered to be unhealthy. My family forbid me to do anything that can harm myself like drugs and cigarettes. Sex fantasies... maybe, but I have never had a boyfriend and somehow I just control myself perfectly during these years. I'm 21 years old now. At the time I was 18 until 19 (or even younger), whenever I got stress from family and school, I try to escape myself by having these fantasies. But nowadays I don't. Simply I have a better control and become more aware of how these things can affect me psychologically.

When I was 15, I have a lot of sex fantasies and thoughts of suicide in order to illusionise myself. Pretty much what a normal girl would do at that age, with bad influence from computers, movies and sexually revealing poster couples on the Internet. I usually called them, "The Mental Drug." They are certainly unhealthy, so I try to connect myself to the real world more to figure out how I can control myself.

[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION], I don't know if my words sounded like Fe or not. I have high ideas and want to improve the world for people to live and be happy. But when I actually go out and interact with society, I am amazingly clumsy and awkward. I honestly say things in my mind because, "Lying is not good. Better to tell them the truth because they will know anyway."

I also don't usually get along with normal Fe-people. Basically because I think they are too... (I don't know how to say in English) emotionally clingy. It's just like the world will collapse if they cannot have the approval and receive this enormous adoration and love from other people.

For example, my ISFJ friend loves to make bubble tea (yes, I'm Asian) for everybody in the young Asian community that she knows. She desperately wants to be loved by others, to the point that I have to ask if she did even have time to take care every single person in this world :dry:.

Also, my ESFJ, probably 3w2 friend is adored by many people around her. She is Miss Perfect in our year in University and always have the feeling that she is being "watched" by other students. She often give compliments, make her friends feel welcomed and is great at creating a friendly and popular image that even I have to be jealous sometimes. She even confessed to me that:

Her: "Hey, don't you ever feel other people's feelings?"

Me: "No, my feelings are enough. Don't you ever try to live in your own world? It's a great experience, you should do it sometimes." (because they are private, beautiful and deep with colourful emotions of the world. I'd rather like to keep and think about my own self than stepping into anyone's shoes).

Her: "But I can feel them! I can feel other people's joy and sadness! But you are also cool. You don't have to care and be tired all the time about what others will think about you. You are just being yourself and happy about it. That's why I like to hang out with you. You never critize me."

Me (thinking): "Okay, now that's creepy."

I'm not really great at keeping stable relationships with Fe-dominant people. Never knows why.

The only thing that make me wonder if I was INFJ is that I can create conversations in my head, with questions and answers :D.

[MENTION=32741]Keila[/MENTION], yes, I don't like the word "compromise." That's why I don't have many friends in the university. But strangely, I do have secret admirers in the university. But I never wants to hang out or talk to them privately... simply because I don't know how to treat their feelings.

Nah... I don't know if I let them go or not. Usually I would do every method I could think of (yeah, I'm creative anyway) in order to convince people to change their mind. I have a weak point, which is my self-righteousness and this even worse when I was young. I always believe that I am the "right" one and everybody was absolutely wrong and had to change their opinion according to my alignment.

When I grew up, I began to feel tired because not everything in this world following my ideas and dream. So I become sarcastic and fall to the point of being nihilistic sometimes (but I regained my joy of life shortly after that, so don't worry).

Oh yeah, another trivial information: I used to have a seem-to-be INFP and a recently-unrequited ENTP crushes. But my friends often commented about how my personality is similar to my ENTP crush (being sarcastic and a geeky weirdo) - just a polar opposite because he's more extraverted and obsessed with eccentric ideas and popularity than I am. "You two are extremely alike but also strangely polar opposite."

I have a love-hate relationship with that ENTP, he had a girlfriend and I quited anyway. But INFP and -NFP people in general are just simply dreamy adorable.

Last edited: