• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my type?

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is different to each person. It is all in the eye of the beholder. There is beauty in many things. There is beauty in nature: in the clouds, the colors of a sunset, bare trees, snow. There is beauty in all forms of life: humans, animals, plants: anything alive is beautiful because it is alive. There is beauty in a good book, in music, in art, in expression.

2. What are your most important values?
Honesty, loyalty, freedom, self-expression and the right to be reserved, creativity, curiousity, adventure, wisdom, knowledge.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I am a Christian. I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. I believe there is a heaven and a hell. I believe I will be judged for my actions and opinions. I believe that life is precious and sacred. I believe these things because I believe them, not because I'm told to but because I truly believe in them.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
War is a necessary evil; we shouldn't attack just because we can, but it is important to fight for your freedom and beliefs. Militaries are important for protection. Power is the ability to prevail over other forces but also knowing when it is right to do so.
Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I've had long conversations about many things: life, relationships, pets, animals, nature, photography, possibilities, movies/books/tv shows/music, "what if" scenarios. If someone starts a conversation with me and there's a clear topic, I can usually keep a conversation going for awhile as long as I have some interest in either the topic or the person I am talking with. My interests are travel, photography, cats, personality, movies/tv series, Y.A. book series (Hunger Games, Twilight, The Maze Runner, Harry Potter, Divergent, The Chronicles of Narnia, Shadowhunters, plus many more). Because all these things have value/importance to me?

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
No, not as conversation topics. Yes I focus on my body but I don't want to talk to others about it. I do particularly have an interest in ear piercings though. I could talk about that maybe.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I don't like chores. They're a boring part of life that has to be done. I don't always keep up with chores on a daily basis; sometimes it becomes a every other day or "when I feel like doing it" chores.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Tons of book/movie series: Divergent, Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, Twilight, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, A Series of Unfortunate Events, The Lord of the Rings). TV Series: Avatar:The Last Airbender, The Walking Dead, The Middle, NCIS, Teen Wolf, Sweet/Vicious, Finding Carter, Shadowhunters, Pretty Little Liars, Seitched at Birth, The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow. Movies: X-men, any Marvel movie, Home Alone 1-3.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I almost always go off somewhere and cry when I'm angry or sad or if someone has otherwise upset me. If I see a sad or emotional part in a movie or if there's an intense swell in the musical score of a movie, I'll get very strong feelings inside and sometimes make involuntary emotional sounds, but I won't necessarily physically cry (especially if people are around). I smile or laugh very easily. I'm very easily amused by people or daily events and almost any show can make me laugh. I laugh/smile much more often than the rest of my family/friends. If I feel something, I feel it; I can't explain why I feel it; I just do (if that makes sense).

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I feel at one with the environment in any nature situation. I don't always feel a sense of belonging with people. People don't always get me (why I'm feeling, what I'm trying to express). I feel a belonging with animals though. They pick up on things people don't and they're much more "live and let live" than most people ever could be.
Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
People sometimes see my emotions as weakness because I feel things really intensely sometimes and I sometimes let my feelings get the best of me. I go more by feelings than practicality and I constantly get told not to go by my feelings. Also sometimes people take my observing/quiet nature as a sign of weakness, but I see it as a strength because I notice a lot more than people think I do. People also take my non-confrontational nature as a negative trait; they perceive it as being weak or passive, but I just don't like confrontations of any kind. I dislike the fact that I am socially anxious/socially awkward. I'm not very good with people or talking to people in person. I'm not very good at voicing what I feel or what I want to say; I feel it clearly but I can't always find the right words to express what I want to express. So I'm constantly feeling like I'm a terrible communicator.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
People have told me I'm strong/enduring/resilient (but I don't see myself as that). People have also told me I'm good at hiding what I'm really feeling when I want to be. I do like this about myself. When I'm feeling sad or angry, I can feel it without everyone knowing I'm feeling it. I like (and kind of hate at the same time) how intensely I feel things. I like that I try to be nice to everyone; I think that is very important. I also like that I have a wide variety of interests. I like that I am unique (even if other people think I'm weird).

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I would like help with my anxiety. I would like help with my ability to talk to people in social situations (seriously, I'm very socially awkward). I would like to be more assertive/confident. I would like to be able to understand myself better. Sometimes I feel like my own personality is a stranger sometimes; it's like I can have so many different thoughts and feelings that they all get lost and so I wonder how I can have so many different thoughts (if that makes sense). I could always use help in being an all-around better individual (i.e. nicer, kinder, more patient, more helpful).

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Yes. I am a big procrastinator. I always live in the present, in the moment; I'm not future-oriented and I'm bad at planning so I almost always never know where I'm going which leaves me feeling stuck in the same place sometimes.
People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like nice, kind, caring people. I like people who are open-minded, people who don't judge, people who give everyone a chance. I like people who are protective of others. I dislike people who try to force me into things. I dislike people who take advantage of others. I dislike bullies, people who only hang out in certain cliques, people who are shallow/vain, and people that put other people down.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Romance is nice (I'm not necessarily good at expressing romantic feelings in words, but I like grand gestures). Sex to me is intimate, not just something you do for fun with all kinds of people; it's a way to connect. In a partner, I want someone strong and protective and caring, but not jealous or domineering. I want someone who can take care of me if I need it, but that will also allow me to be independent and take care of myself. I want someone who will treat me as an equal. I want someone who is willing to understand me and deal with all my complicatedness.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
i would be afraid of screwing the kid up. I'd be afraid I don't k ow what I'm doing. I would probably second-guess every decision I make. My main concerns would be showing my child good values and hoping he or she found them important enough to take on as their own. I wouldn't try to make my child a smaller version of me; I would show him or her what's important to me but also encourage them to be their own person.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
My beliefs wouldn't change just because someone else doesn't hold them. They're my beliefs and I know what I believe in; I don't need someone else to validate my beliefs. So inwardly nothing would change. Outwardly, I would calmly explain I have a different belief. I would listen to their belief and expect hem to listen to mine in return. But just as I wouldn't change my belief, I wouldn't expect them to accept my belief just because it's my belief. I would listen to them and expect them to listen to me, but I wouldn't be pushy or confrontational about it.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I don't feel like I have a strong relationship with society. I kind of live in my own world mentally sometimes. I'm also very reserved and private. I'm not very social. Being social has never been important to me. I do believe I have a duty to society to be a good citizen and a good neighbor and a kind person. I'm just not public about it. I try to blend in. I think people see me as somewhat of a loner. I think there are a lot of social problems: bullying, abuse, homelessness, not caring about others in general.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I choose my friends carefully. I usually take a while to choose my friends. When I first meet someone, I usually get a gut feeling if it's someone I need to avoid and I've learned to trust it. If it's someone I initially trust instinctively, I'll observe them for awhile to make sure I can trust them for real. I have to see how they treat other people when people aren't watching. I have to see if they talk about others when they aren't around. I have to know if they're a good person before I'll let them in as a friend. Trust has to be earned.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I am quiet around strangers. I rarely approach someone right away. I observe them first, watching how they act and listening to what they say. I usually let a person approach me unless I really feel they're worth my time. I can initially be shy too, depending on the person.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm guessing ISFP. What are your thoughts on it?

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm guessing ISFP. What are your thoughts on it?
I was thinking either INFP or ISFP. Those are the main two types I usually test as in online tests with either/or question sets (the "which is more like you: A or B" kind of question sets). I'm not sure which is more me. Letter by letter I'm sure about IxFP; I'm not sure if I'm an N or S though. I usually test very close to the middle. And frankly I'm not sure how to tell them apart in myself. I think I might lean toward S though.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, [MENTION=31590]treetophideaway[/MENTION]

You sound like a very nice person! My guess is ISFP.

I couldn't decide between S or N, but then I saw this:

I always live in the present, in the moment; I'm not future-oriented and I'm bad at planning so I almost always never know where I'm going which leaves me feeling stuck in the same place sometimes.

Very, very, very S.

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I took some additional tests online. Maybe this will give you some additional information to help me figure out which type is more me.
When taking an MBTI letter by letter preference test such as Free Personality Test

| 16Personalities
and Take Personality Type Test I received an INFP result.
When taking this test www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm I received the following results and the test recommended INFP as my first choice with either ISFP or ENFP as alternates:

• Se - average use - 27.5
  • Si - good use - 30.2
  • Ne - average use - 29.5
  • Ni - average use - 26.3
  • Te - limited use - 24
  • Ti - average use - 29.4
  • Fe - average use - 24.5
  • Fi - excellent use - 48.6
When taking this test keirsey.jung.test.typologycentral.com I received an ISFP result. The results said my personality most closely matches an artisan and that it was somewhat confident I am an ISFP. My functions were Fi>Se=Si>Ni=Ne>Fe>Te=Ti

I know I'm an IxFP since I have such strong Fi. But I don't know if I have Ne-Si or Se-Ni. I don't know if I'm using Se or Ne to take in information and my third function isn't developed enough for me to say with any confidence if I use Si or Ni. When I make assumptions or read people I don't know if it's because I'm using intuition or if I'm just sensing all the details and what's happening around me.

I took some additional tests online. Maybe this will give you some additional information to help me figure out which type is more me.
When taking an MBTI letter by letter preference test such as Free Personality Test

| 16Personalities
and Take Personality Type Test I received an INFP result.
When taking this test www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm I received the following results and the test recommended INFP as my first choice with either ISFP or ENFP as alternates:

• Se - average use - 27.5
  • Si - good use - 30.2
  • Ne - average use - 29.5
  • Ni - average use - 26.3
  • Te - limited use - 24
  • Ti - average use - 29.4
  • Fe - average use - 24.5
  • Fi - excellent use - 48.6
When taking this test keirsey.jung.test.typologycentral.com I received an ISFP result. The results said my personality most closely matches an artisan and that it was somewhat confident I am an ISFP. My functions were Fi>Se=Si>Ni=Ne>Fe>Te=Ti

I know I'm an IxFP since I have such strong Fi. But I don't know if I have Ne-Si or Se-Ni. I don't know if I'm using Se or Ne to take in information and my third function isn't developed enough for me to say with any confidence if I use Si or Ni. When I make assumptions or read people I don't know if it's because I'm using intuition or if I'm just sensing all the details and what's happening around me.

It's not unheard of for ISFPs to test as INFPs on MBTI tests due to how the tests are structured. I always test as an INFP as well.

I don't see much Ne at all in your answers and can relate to quite a bit of them myself. I would say ISFP.