• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type clarification am I really what I think I am?

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The facts that I'm possibly not as innovative or visionary as... I would like to be? I'm doubting my Ne and Ni and don't know which is better in the end. And that I have an insane memory with certain specifics like numbers and details about people, spaces, faces, names. Also that I'm possibly not as extroverted as I "should" be. This might be due to having some sort of blocks with talking my mind due to childhood trauma that is still present as a habit. I'm also highly empathetic, as in I live other people's emotions, movies, songs. Sometimes my output and advice is really concrete even though I wouldn't want it to be. And the fact that I desperately want to be what I think I am and am not fully confident in it.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn to make my life be the way I want it to be (this is the emphasis right now as it is not yet there) and to better the world in the process. I want to manifest my visions. I also just want to live life to its fullest, experience things, learn the world and myself, find the best things there are for me and become the best me I can be. Also, even though I don't want to be famous or anything, I kinda yearn to be recognized by my visions, insights or innovations, help the world with them. Right now I'm not thinking about it much but I yearn for the ultimate companionship to share this journey with.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Any situation where I can lead people with my vision or insights to do better. Where I stand out with my own way of thinking. The times when I innovate completely new things.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When someone is thinking something ingenious or creative that I didn't come up with but I should've. Most of the time this just boosts my own thinking.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How I would come to the best possible outcome for everyone involved, in the long run, if it applies. This is affected by logic, intuition and feeling.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
In a group project my emphasis is on the bigger picture or the project, what are we trying to accomplish and what could we accomplish. And that we're doing the most efficient things to come up with the best possible outcome. If I go solo, I want to associate and create freely to express whatever comes out of it. I want to expand the possibilities of what can be done with the material, concept, whatever. All of this is dependent on the situation.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
With friends, on a boat, drinking and dancing, having fun, convos. Connection to the people around me. These kind of moments are where I love to be, doesn't have to involve drinking. Also group projects forming great ideas and when I can sort of lead the group.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I usually have some abstract background understanding of the new thing. Depending on the situation and topic I usually go head first into it, or find out more about it to broaden and deepen my understanding, starting with basic information to get the big picture. Usually these go hand in hand. If its an activity, I just do it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm pretty messy when it comes to my apartment. Everything is not always neat and tidy, or never. But when I need to find something I can rely on either my selective eidetic/spatial memory, or if the memory has faded, the logic behind placing my stuff. I just think: where would I put it if I were to place it somewhere right now. And then I go there and find it. :D I do have stuff in order when they are in order. Clothes on the floor, dishes in the sink and on the table, you bet. Screwdriver in the top drawer next to the wrench set? There it is. I find it pretty hard to organize my time.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I always try to understand where the idea comes from and see the relations to everything else. I filter new ideas through my existing world schematic. Some of it gets totally discarded, some of it changes or supports what is already there. Then, when I go about my life, I find information that either supports what I know or doesn't, and react accordingly. I like to think myself as an empirical life scientist.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I have to say that I go by what I believe and being myself. I believe group harmony can exist with differing world views and such. On the other hand, I do tend to make sure everyone is involved in what we're doing and that everyone is on the same page, this is something that is natural to me, I'm really inclusive (towards people I want to include.)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
This is where my weird introvert ways come to life. My mind is going on so many tangents at the same time I tend to think before speaking. Sometimes I think my best when I can speak it out loud, but I don't always do it. There have been so many instances where I've blurted out something inappropriate that I kinda tone it down with new people. I'm working on it. This is why I also prefer to converse in smaller groups, my mind doesn't go on a zillion tangents and I can contribute something. Also there I can lead the discussion where I want it to go, not many large group discussions are about anything interesting or allow digging deeper into the individual people. When in larger groups, I take in the info and conclude things or work as a mediator between people who don't understand each other. When I have a clear stand on something, I can monologue the hell out of it in any situation.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Yes and no. When I actually do something, I just do it and ask questions while doing it, if at all. But there are times when I get stuck with overanalysing things and trying to understand them, and this is more often than I would like to admit. I read this as a Ni-Ti loop. This really depends on the situation. If there are many ways to do something, I can get stuck but if there is only one possible best way, I just do it and adapt on the go.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I assess the situation. If I'm really tired I won't go. Most of the time I would say yes.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I can be a bit passive-aggressive when stressed. Ultimately I withdraw and do not like to be disturbed. Usually I don't stress about many things.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Stupidity, simpleness, rigidity, dullness, arrogance. But most of all dishonesty and fakeness. I just see any tiny little bit of fakeness (trust me, I see it) and am turned off instantly. This strikes like a deer on the hood of your car when talking to salespersonnel. I just can't stand any fake selling-attitude and don't buy anything from the person.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Anything mind blowing like scientific discoveries and theories, any abstract stuff, structure of the world, concepts, ideas, self-improvement, future visions, the distant past, timeline of the universe, reality. Just go deep into the rabbit hole. I really love to dig people's brains out in other ways, too. I tend to dislike going through detailed events for longer periods of time, they can exhaust me and are boring.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
How should I know, I don't pay attention to them. :D Details. Just details and particularities. Life is too short to get stuck on those.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Apparently I'm easily approachable, intelligent, creative, see into people's souls, researcher-spirit, thoughtful, chameleon, can get people on my side, occasionally funny and a party animal. Also distracted, out of it, somewhat undependable, complex, laid back, don't listen that well. I think I'm not out of it, I'm just thinking so much. I do get lost in thought when going on tangents or deeper into people's stuff. I guess (or hope) they would never say I'm the boring or dumb one.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would feel the need to study something, read, experiment, learn, exercise, paint, write, build, design something, invent something, eat out, do something new or in a new way and pull whoever is in my vicinity (possible SO or a friend) with me to enjoy the ride. If I'm exhausted I would just drown myself to whatever activity I can manage to chill with, or am addicted to.

This is what I came up with right about now and it might be (IS) biased. If anyone read it through, kudos to you. :D What do you think?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I see Ti-Si in the approaches to science and new theory, in this specific order. The endless list of possibilities/whatever you want to do, and the description of how much your brain seems to think about multiple things at once, is either unmedicated ADD (happens with me too), or, if you've no problems with the ADD stuff, high Ne. Could also be both.

My guess so far is XNTP, if it helps. (To be honest, these things are very... snapshot-y.Personality tends to manifest clearer over a period of time in multiple situations, and inference usually has to be made.)

What could help most is to determine what your dom function is. What I've noticed in the way you answer things is: the instantaneous and simultaneous free-association commonly described in Ne, a usage of empirical and internal database (Si), a preference towards valuing ideas against your internal structure (Ti), harmonious inclusion of people you like in a productive environment (commonly associated with Fe, but not definitively Fe). According to these functions, it could be either INTP or ENTP.

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
I see Ti-Si in the approaches to science and new theory, in this specific order. The endless list of possibilities/whatever you want to do, and the description of how much your brain seems to think about multiple things at once, is either unmedicated ADD (happens with me too), or, if you've no problems with the ADD stuff, high Ne. Could also be both.

My guess so far is XNTP, if it helps. (To be honest, these things are very... snapshot-y.Personality tends to manifest clearer over a period of time in multiple situations, and inference usually has to be made.)

What could help most is to determine what your dom function is. What I've noticed in the way you answer things is: the instantaneous and simultaneous free-association commonly described in Ne, a usage of empirical and internal database (Si), a preference towards valuing ideas against your internal structure (Ti), harmonious inclusion of people you like in a productive environment (commonly associated with Fe, but not definitively Fe). According to these functions, it could be either INTP or ENTP.
Thank you for your response! I have almost all the symptoms of ADD but I tend to think its high Ne as I'm not diagnosed properly, could be both but can't be sure without trying the meds. I might be going through a Ti-heavy time in my life right now as I'm trying to figure out things. But throughout my life the one constant thing has been change and unpredictability. Someone even said I'm predictable in my unpredictability. I have a new life plan, if not every day, every week. I'm not sure what my dominant function is because in tests I get higher Ni than Ne most of the time but it is one of those with a pretty clear margin. And what I just said in the previous sentence says its Ne. Ni tends to be very linear. I have that now, but its still manifests in an Ne way of seeing the possibilities around the singularity, like a tree grows.

How is my approach to science and theory Ti-Si? I would like to hear more about this as I've always thought it was Ne-Ti, working in the world and getting ideas and forming them into abstract Ti or Ni structures. Edit... Oh, you wrote about the empirical database... I'm not sure what to say about this. I don't have like events or anything, they form straight into abstract ideas and associations. I can't remember any particular examples when prompted, this is really annoying. :D