• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Still unsure about my type.

Stellina

Hi all :)

I was typed like ESFJ, but I don't fit so much in the description type, so I will try again to explain myself ^^

Help is appreciated :)

1) Ne/Ni or Se?

I studied functions deeply and I'm sure that I don't use Si. Si is described like z function that can remember details really well, and to notice differences between past details and new details. I'm not good at this.

So, I studied Se and Ne/Ni.
I think I use a little bit of Se, because I like to do 'action things' (my favourite sports are extreme one, sailing, paragliding, rafting and these kind of things). At the same time I have a really deep network of interests, and I go from astronomy, physic, chemistry and 'heavy subjects' to psycology, religion and moral iussues. I never go into them so deeply, so I thought I use Ne, because I really like to interconnect these stuffs to look at the situation under billion different aspects, and I put together my previous knowledge to do something new (multipotentialite like Emilie Warpnick explained in her video). I have DIY hobbies, too; like gardening, cooking, writing, photography and build small stuffs by myself. (It looks crazy, but it's true... XD). I don't go deep in no one of them, of course, but I can say I'm silver in a lot of stuffs, and gold in 2 or 3.

I'm not sure if this is a Ne superpower or a Ni skill, because usually when I approach a problem I look for the big picture, and to discover patterns and trends to understand well where the situation is going on. Usually I literally follow these patterns and I do only little changes inside the situation, so I can reach my goal.

I stay well when the situation is fluid: not determined, still opened to new endings, but going on I can say which end will be, and for sure. Usually I notice the end with average time before it will happens. Again, unsure if this is Ni.

2) Fi/Fe or Ti?

Usually I don't like to do stuffs 'because it is appropriate'. I think that a person is similar to others, but has skills that are proper to her/him. To cover these skills is the worst thing that we can do. I think that one job/action can be done in different ways by people, because of their skills and approach to stuffs. (Fi?)

At the same time I think that, to be accepted, these skills has to fit in some way in the society, to be expressed. In the other hand, they will be lose. So, in my opinion is necessary to fit in and then to be different from others (Fe?). Usually I change my behaviour basing on the 'room temperature' but I don't do actions that I think aren't for me (if others smoke, I will not because I don't like).

Usually I tend to be accomodating to others, in order that 1) they fit the system and 2) they do logical stuffs.

And so, my dilemma on Ti. When I face a problem I value prons and cons, cause and effect, actions and reactions. I put into the equation 'the human factor' but if I have to value a situation, I value from 1) facts -actions/reactions- 2) patterns -big picture/where are we going/how this situation will evelove) 3) people -how they will react at the objective situation/what they will do and consequentially how the situation will develop-.

I put numbers before each step, but for me is really difficult to divide these points, usually I consider them all together, with slight amount of one to other basing on the situation.

Every situation for me is new, and so I reserve to myself the decision to which one of these points has higher priority.

I don't think I use Te because I don't 'plan' actions in a proper sense, it's better to say that I react to others and I do my actions going on. I have only the final goal, and I do actions basing me on the current situation to arrive at the goal.

3) EXTRA INFOS

I'm a messy person, but in my chaos there is order. So, I don't know if I'm a orderly or a messy XD if you look at my room there are a lot of books, and tools and stuffs that can be apparently put in a messy way, but I know why I put them there and

Usually I dislike people that are indecisive. If I enter in a shop and I wear a dress to see if I like it, I can decide quickly (only for example). My mother can stay 7 hours in a shop, and wear and wear again dresses to see which one is better .-. T.T I value pros and cons, I decide my goal, and I buy which one is better fitting to my needs.

I haven't so many friends, usually I make 4-5 deeper connections with people, basing on my instict and to what they demonstrate to me in facts and behaviours, but I can have several superficial connections with others. I don't like large parties, and can be difficult, basing on the 'room temperature' to speak to a public, or to be under spotlights. I can be a little better under spotlights only if I'm sure that I know very well my skills, and I'm confident, but usually it's a side effect.

I like to stay with my few friends deep-connection, and I really enjoy to make these connection deeper.

Sorry for any confusion, I will reply to you if there is something that it's needed to be better explained :)

Thank you for attention ^^

Stellina

[MENTION=29978]apathylex[/MENTION]

Where I can look at secondary Si? I looked here Funky MBTI in Fiction * How Si Acts in all 4 Positions

but I can't relate on Si in secondary position. I really don't remember these stuffs in details, only in general (no details). I don't remember past way to do stuffs, only general fundamentals. For example, when I cook, because I know how in general the 5 fundamental tastes acts, I can create new plates. But I have no recipes, no points of referrement in the past. I have only fundamentals (example: to balance fatty meals use acidity).

At the same when I fly/sail. I know how winds interact each other, but I'm not sure of the ruslts. I can say it not because I know that this particular wind does it, but because I know the interaction with the other wind. So I can predict situations that I never faced up.
Si is searching always in the past how EXACTLY it works, if I understood in the right way.

Is this Si?

For me it's always from general to particular... no specific points, only procedures and patterns. So I'm not sure it's Ti/Ni... if I understood well.

Stellina

That's the worst site you could ever look for... I can go and find some other resources tomorrow, I hope.
From my perspective, I can say that you surely aren't an NT, so in my opinion the only problem is to decide which xxFJ type you are.

As long as you are using old knowledge, that could be Si.

Ok, but, other types don't use their memories? :)/) I mean, everyone has knowledge... what's the difference? This is real curiosity to understand how it works :)/)

I can agree with xxFJ... :)

Stellina

Si goes for the essence of the thing. Myself, a Si user, have really strong memories, like déjà vus, for certain smells. (i.e.: the smell of rain) and I have stored the feelings it made me feel (melancholia). So Si is internal sensation, reaching the archetype, essence of something. (That's why the "I don't have good memory" thing doesn't mean much)
Also Ni users have memory. But it's more symbolical. Because of that, shall I call [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION], our wisest INFJ, because I struggle myself in identifying Ni.
(I'm sorry if you didn't want to)

Nono, I want to :)

Like I've said, I'm not so deep inside the MBTI, so I'm just asking.
I have to base myself on something, so I've read on internet, but, like I've said, maybe I've read wrong.

I want the truth, not 'my ideas'.

I can reply at questions to clarify myself, and I will ask more, if I'm not sure (and if this isn't a problem for no one). :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Si goes for the essence of the thing. Myself, a Si user, have really strong memories, like déjà vus, for certain smells. (i.e.: the smell of rain) and I have stored the feelings it made me feel (melancholia). So Si is internal sensation, reaching the archetype, essence of something. (That's why the "I don't have good memory" thing doesn't mean much)
Also Ni users have memory. But it's more symbolical. Because of that, shall I call @Forever, our wisest INFJ, because I struggle myself in identifying Ni.
(I'm sorry if you didn't want to)

We are free to talk in private chat. I however refuse to say anything public about typing. It helps me not get the ball rolling and start a typing fit haha. But thank you for the compliment. :yes: