• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hmm, try typing me?

TheObservatory

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi, I joined this site a few hours ago. Interested in knowing myself, mainly type identification for self-improvement. I had previously done tests, but I understand enough to notice a bias. As such I would require assistance in objectively reaching a conclusion on my type. I suspect I'm an NT, but I need opinions from those who don't know me.

Do inform me if you require more questions to be answered, I just looked through the most replied posts and selected the questionnaire that was used in those posts.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I am unsure. My original results were that of an INTJ and most cognitive function tests point towards Ni, Te and Fi. However, I lack the 'drive' most INTJ's seem to have. I achieved nothing and have nothing to show that would validate my existence. The way in which I deal with my emotions too, seem rather unheard of in the INTJ descriptions, there isn't much about it on there. They should input information negatively: Instead of what it is, go for what it is not. That would make it easier in the long run.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I do have a few goals in life, yet they seem distanced, too far ahead. I do want to work on them, I see them as beneficial in the future, yet I lack the resources to do so. Ultimately, I wish to get people thinking about their existence, that way they would be more productive and decisive. I yearn to ignore the sheep, follow my gut and thought to the end of my life, however at times, I am unable to find the way. Ultimately, I wish to be knowledgeable, wise and highly refined.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I was innocently curious about the experiences in life. I would appreciate them, learn something from them and move on confidently, silently working on my plans relentlessly, unobtrusive and much more open to the overall experience of life. I am unsure of how I felt, more towards a sense of rebirth, viewing life in a new light.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

My lack of physical strength, my fear of not knowing and eventually reaching my own conclusions in a confident manner only to be shot down by those around me. I do not change my mind, but I do change my environment. I fear the environment would be beyond my control, but thanks to that, I know I have control over is my thoughts, my self and my resources. An emotionally reactive relationship makes me feel inferior in a way due to my emotional secrecy. I tend to have to deal with those who question my emotionless gait, in a reactive manner. I feel inferior when I am straight up told to be incompetent, useless and made to seem stupid. I know my stuff, and more importantly I know what I don't know. When having a debate I notice every time I mention something that makes sense, by viewing it in a different perspective, the opponent becomes highly reactive, as if it was a personal attack. I however do not state my true beliefs, as I see it to be of no concern to them. The inferiority comes when they react and I lack the means of handling it effectively. Oh and most importantly, my emotions make me feel inferior, but also superior in terms of passion.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pro, con. The best possible conclusion after reading up as much as I think is necessary to make that decision. My value system is rather detached, I wouldn't say I feel it, more like I construct it. I follow it when necessary, like in issues or morality, but other than that I live mainly on pros, cons and observable long term effects.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Yes. I need to be in control. In the background. I don't mind if the leader wishes to be the one explaining or taking the credit for it, but I need to be the one planning and executing, rather than openly assigning roles to the others just for the sake of it. I tend to have a fixed end goal for every project, and I follow through with it, whether my group members like it or not. Yet, if theirs seem more efficient, I'd definitely compare and integrate it.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have fun alone, by myself, with no one intruding, no one disrupting. In private, in my castle. I do not associate a certain emotion to it though.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Understanding how it will be used, and then based on its importance, understanding why it should be used. I prefer being able to compare with multiple sources and using specific information to prove a point. In that sense I lack a highly complexioned and detailed understanding of it, but yes, I will know how it works and what I can do with it. A theoretical example would be enough. The Socratic approach would also work, but I find that to be a bit long winded.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Internally I am unsure, externally, when working on a project, I am highly organized in terms of resource allocation and planning. Other than that I live too much in my head to take good care of the surroundings. Since I live a minimalist life, owning lesser material would mean a cleaner surrounding, allowing me to place less value on items and more value on my thoughts.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Information to support it. The principles would be useful, when I need them, but I always firstly look for supporting information. Information would prove its validity over time and the principles would help a lot when troubleshooting.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Its more about myself here, If I do make the most logical an right decision, I would inform the others of my actions, instead of asking them for opinions.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One to one, think before speaking. I like to say more with less and I also like to not socialize.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I know usually unless stressed. Then I get slightly impulsive and emotionally deadened. Actions triumph words, yet I lack the energy to prove that.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends if They're MY friends or if I'm THEIR friend. If they're my friends, Id sacrifice my time to catch up on life with them, otherwise I would just lie about being busy and watch the tv. Though that rarely happens, due to the outstanding disconnect i feel between myself and others, plus the emotional overwhelm when being with them, I tend to travel light, with lesser friends, like just one friend, who may or may not be real.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get more subjective, more reactive, impulsive, confused and highly isolated. I get emotionally tense, yet in public, I retain my clarity in thought, meaning I am able to pick the most logical decision, but would also be physically reacting to my surroundings in an oblivious and passive manner. However, I only tend to feel my emotions when alone and away from the world. I get extremely nihilistic and confused about reality and life in general. I found Nietzsche to be of great help in that area.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Their reactivity and shallowness. Their intrusive habits. Their subjectivity, I appreciate it but dislike it in serious terms.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

No. I like listening, learning from their perspective. Figuring out how they think since I find it useful in the long run. Tend to have mental folders filled with information I perceive throughout the conversation. I do enjoy talks about the future, quantum physics, space, philosophy and a little art.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

My physical self and the day to day basics.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

I have no idea. They wouldn't label me as emotional though, only slightly pasisonate. mainly isolated and intense.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

working on my goals, creating something, reaching conclusions from my thoughts and a little bit of gaming to challenge my management skills.

I realize I need to write more, so do let me know what exactly you need to know. I will respond.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

TheObservatory

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would appreciate more responses, and if possible, with at least some sort of explanation for the results.
My understanding of Ti and Ne is weak too, so I would appreciate help in that sector.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do inform me if you require more questions to be answered, I just looked through the most replied posts and selected the questionnaire that was used in those posts.

Well, this may be me reading too deeply into your post, but I'd argue that this would be an example of Si moreso than Se: comparing the present to the past, using referencing as a starting point, ergo, pointing towards INTP instead of INTJ.

TheObservatory

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, this may be me reading too deeply into your post, but I'd argue that this would be an example of Si moreso than Se: comparing the present to the past, using referencing as a starting point, ergo, pointing towards INTP instead of INTJ.

Hmm, that got me thinking. In an INTP would Si be a subconscious function?

Because my reasoning for doing so was uh, I was surveying the whats my type tab, noticed most of the latest posts had little responses, So I wanted an effective typing system, or at least I wanted to know which questionnaire would produce the most results/responses. Surveyed the most replied ones and notice this questionnaire was used. I decided to use it. < That was my reasoning behind the first part of the post.

If I am consciously using it, would that, in reference to my question, hint Si Dom or Aux?
This also brings about another question, Si or Te..

I'm just a little jumbled with the theory. It makes a whole lot of sense in theory, but the cognitive function system is hard to apply in reality as there aren't enough examples to distinguish one type from the other. Or at least, the lack of clarity in the integration of the functions in each type, bring out a bit of confusion in myself. Needs more info.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmm, that got me thinking. In an INTP would Si be a subconscious function?

Because my reasoning for doing so was uh, I was surveying the whats my type tab, noticed most of the latest posts had little responses, So I wanted an effective typing system, or at least I wanted to know which questionnaire would produce the most results/responses. Surveyed the most replied ones and notice this questionnaire was used. I decided to use it. < That was my reasoning behind the first part of the post.

If I am consciously using it, would that, in reference to my question, hint Si Dom or Aux?
This also brings about another question, Si or Te..

I'm just a little jumbled with the theory. It makes a whole lot of sense in theory, but the cognitive function system is hard to apply in reality as there aren't enough examples to distinguish one type from the other. Or at least, the lack of clarity in the integration of the functions in each type, bring out a bit of confusion in myself. Needs more info.

To my knowledge (I may be wrong), it seems like the inferior function is the only one which is actually subconscious. But when put in that light, your reasoning does appear to be Te... But perhaps I'm overthinking things.

Well personally, if there's anything I'm fairly confident about, it's this: you're quite likely an NT.

Justmeonhere

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with Korvinagor. You're a NT for sure and I will add an INT. The introversion is evident in your answers. You say that tests score you with high Ni. I think it'll be helpful to check this link: Ni+Te versus Ti - Cognitive Function Theory It's about the differences between Ni + Te and Ti. I hope it works! :bye:

TheObservatory

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, so I should add though, in terms of behavior when stressed or depressed.
This is basically how I process my emotions, a sense of loss. Note that this isn't something I usually like to talk about out loud.

Recently I've been finding people to be irrational, selfish and comfort loving fools. Lazy asses.

I lost someone close to me to a malignant tumor. That person was unconscious and we had to make a decision. I had a feeling everyone was just picking the easiest way out, easiest for themselves, not necessarily the most logical option, nothing in favor of the victim. That person was only 16 years old and lets just say It ended with death.

I knew already what I was going to do, but those around me who made a decision otherwise, had to waste precious time, and ask everyone else who isn't directly affected on what they should do instead. It made no sense to me as words are just thrown out based on that person's desire for comfort. They just want to move on without addressing the issue, and since they were not directly affected, it was easier to pick the less painful method. Less painful to themselves, not the victim.

After everything happened, I knew I couldn't just move on like that, I had to address an internal issue, I had to know where I stood in this. The decisions that were made, were they made out of selfishness? Was it logical, was it right? Did we intentionally forgo a better outcome and go against the victims natural flow?

I had to dig down deep to understand my decisions, on whether there was an ounce of selfishness in it. I reached a conclusion, or at least something surrounding a conclusion over time. It just made sense that way. So, in order to get to the truth, I started reading up a lot on psychological egoism, rational egoism and whatsoever, just to look for some sort of evidence that proved I was on the right track and wasn't being delusional. I kept questioning my values, reassessing them and when I typed in my conclusion, the first result that popped out was one by Nietzsche. Currently I am reading it, gathering as much info as I can while isolating myself slightly from those around myself.

I did tear up when alone, but that is irrelevant, ultimately, its this problem, this question that I need to answer, that needs to be solved. That is a whole lot more than my feelings, simply as there is a whole lot more to gain in terms of understanding, rather than reacting.

I am still able to function slightly in the real world, but for me to be most effective, I have to break this loop by reaching a conclusion. I need to get to the truth in order to move on in life.
That's all I wish to say. I only typed this as I thought that this would aid myself and you typers in determining my type.
Would appreciate responses.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm, so I should add though, in terms of behavior when stressed or depressed.
This is basically how I process my emotions, a sense of loss. Note that this isn't something I usually like to talk about out loud.

Recently I've been finding people to be irrational, selfish and comfort loving fools. Lazy asses.

I lost someone close to me to a malignant tumor. That person was unconscious and we had to make a decision. I had a feeling everyone was just picking the easiest way out, easiest for themselves, not necessarily the most logical option, nothing in favor of the victim. That person was only 16 years old and lets just say It ended with death.

I knew already what I was going to do, but those around me who made a decision otherwise, had to waste precious time, and ask everyone else who isn't directly affected on what they should do instead. It made no sense to me as words are just thrown out based on that person's desire for comfort. They just want to move on without addressing the issue, and since they were not directly affected, it was easier to pick the less painful method. Less painful to themselves, not the victim.

After everything happened, I knew I couldn't just move on like that, I had to address an internal issue, I had to know where I stood in this. The decisions that were made, were they made out of selfishness? Was it logical, was it right? Did we intentionally forgo a better outcome and go against the victims natural flow?

I had to dig down deep to understand my decisions, on whether there was an ounce of selfishness in it. I reached a conclusion, or at least something surrounding a conclusion over time. It just made sense that way. So, in order to get to the truth, I started reading up a lot on psychological egoism, rational egoism and whatsoever, just to look for some sort of evidence that proved I was on the right track and wasn't being delusional. I kept questioning my values, reassessing them and when I typed in my conclusion, the first result that popped out was one by Nietzsche. Currently I am reading it, gathering as much info as I can while isolating myself slightly from those around myself.

I did tear up when alone, but that is irrelevant, ultimately, its this problem, this question that I need to answer, that needs to be solved. That is a whole lot more than my feelings, simply as there is a whole lot more to gain in terms of understanding, rather than reacting.

I am still able to function slightly in the real world, but for me to be most effective, I have to break this loop by reaching a conclusion. I need to get to the truth in order to move on in life.
That's all I wish to say. I only typed this as I thought that this would aid myself and you typers in determining my type.
Would appreciate responses.

So Ti it hurts. In a similar situation I reacted the same, with the same questions and doubts.
So, now we know that you're a TP.

A question: what's your relationship with melancholy?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ni is often confused for Ti. Your 'lack of drive' and whatnot point moreso towards Ti.

Have you considered ISTP?

TheObservatory

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I re did a few tests and ended up getting INTJ on one and INFJ on the other.

Read up on Ti and Ni and due to the lack of examples, I cant seem to conclude my dom function..

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, I joined this site a few hours ago. Interested in knowing myself, mainly type identification for self-improvement. I had previously done tests, but I understand enough to notice a bias. As such I would require assistance in objectively reaching a conclusion on my type. I suspect I'm an NT, but I need opinions from those who don't know me.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I am unsure. My original results were that of an INTJ and most cognitive function tests point towards Ni, Te and Fi. However, I lack the 'drive' most INTJ's seem to have. I achieved nothing and have nothing to show that would validate my existence. The way in which I deal with my emotions too, seem rather unheard of in the INTJ descriptions, there isn't much about it on there. They should input information negatively: Instead of what it is, go for what it is not. That would make it easier in the long run.

:notype: as this is an issue that can happen to any type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I do have a few goals in life, yet they seem distanced, too far ahead. I do want to work on them, I see them as beneficial in the future, yet I lack the resources to do so. Ultimately, I wish to get people thinking about their existence, that way they would be more productive and decisive. I yearn to ignore the sheep, follow my gut and thought to the end of my life, however at times, I am unable to find the way. Ultimately, I wish to be knowledgeable, wise and highly refined.

That first sentence seemed like Ni to me, but I'll hold it off for now. You wanting to work on them, though, seems typical of a TJ to say. When you say you want to get people to think about their existence, do you mean by the forms of theoritcal methods or practical? In other words, are you more of a head person or a hands-on person? You wanting them to be productive and decisive seems Te to me, as Te is about efficiency. (At least, one part of it.)

You yearning to ignore the sheep? Fi.

The rest is you vomiting Te and maybe slight Ti, but it's not official until I read the rest of this.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I was innocently curious about the experiences in life. I would appreciate them, learn something from them and move on confidently, silently working on my plans relentlessly, unobtrusive and much more open to the overall experience of life. I am unsure of how I felt, more towards a sense of rebirth, viewing life in a new light.

Intuitive.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

My lack of physical strength, my fear of not knowing and eventually reaching my own conclusions in a confident manner only to be shot down by those around me. I do not change my mind, but I do change my environment. I fear the environment would be beyond my control, but thanks to that, I know I have control over is my thoughts, my self and my resources. An emotionally reactive relationship makes me feel inferior in a way due to my emotional secrecy. I tend to have to deal with those who question my emotionless gait, in a reactive manner. I feel inferior when I am straight up told to be incompetent, useless and made to seem stupid. I know my stuff, and more importantly I know what I don't know. When having a debate I notice every time I mention something that makes sense, by viewing it in a different perspective, the opponent becomes highly reactive, as if it was a personal attack. I however do not state my true beliefs, as I see it to be of no concern to them. The inferiority comes when they react and I lack the means of handling it effectively. Oh and most importantly, my emotions make me feel inferior, but also superior in terms of passion.

The greatest fear of the INTJ and the INTP is to be told that they are wrong. Especially about something they are so passionate about. Your emotional secrecy is a curious statement, can you talk to us more about that, or is it too painful? Do you run away from your feelings often?

The rest, especially when feeling inferior over the possibility of incompetency, also seems like a fear and disgust shared by other Te users. Your emotions making you feel inferior, though, I wonder if I can put that down as Fe being your inferior function, but again, I cannot say 100%.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pro, con. The best possible conclusion after reading up as much as I think is necessary to make that decision. My value system is rather detached, I wouldn't say I feel it, more like I construct it. I follow it when necessary, like in issues or morality, but other than that I live mainly on pros, cons and observable long term effects.

Possible Fi.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Yes. I need to be in control. In the background. I don't mind if the leader wishes to be the one explaining or taking the credit for it, but I need to be the one planning and executing, rather than openly assigning roles to the others just for the sake of it. I tend to have a fixed end goal for every project, and I follow through with it, whether my group members like it or not. Yet, if theirs seem more efficient, I'd definitely compare and integrate it.

Your logical structure appears to be very final product oriented, which is Te, while Ti is more process oriented. You wanting to be in the background could contribute to you being an introvert, to not want the limelight on you, so to speak.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have fun alone, by myself, with no one intruding, no one disrupting. In private, in my castle. I do not associate a certain emotion to it though.

Introvert-thinker.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Understanding how it will be used, and then based on its importance, understanding why it should be used. I prefer being able to compare with multiple sources and using specific information to prove a point. In that sense I lack a highly complexioned and detailed understanding of it, but yes, I will know how it works and what I can do with it. A theoretical example would be enough. The Socratic approach would also work, but I find that to be a bit long winded.

Understanding why it should be used? Can you tell me more about this? Is this you saying, you want to understand why it should be used because it had work before, or you want to understand because you are interested in future implications that it could work?

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Internally I am unsure, externally, when working on a project, I am highly organized in terms of resource allocation and planning. Other than that I live too much in my head to take good care of the surroundings. Since I live a minimalist life, owning lesser material would mean a cleaner surrounding, allowing me to place less value on items and more value on my thoughts.

How are you with external details, if you don't mind me asking?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Information to support it. The principles would be useful, when I need them, but I always firstly look for supporting information. Information would prove its validity over time and the principles would help a lot when troubleshooting.

Te

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Its more about myself here, If I do make the most logical an right decision, I would inform the others of my actions, instead of asking them for opinions.

Thinker type.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One to one, think before speaking. I like to say more with less and I also like to not socialize.

Introvert.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I know usually unless stressed. Then I get slightly impulsive and emotionally deadened. Actions triumph words, yet I lack the energy to prove that.

Can you give me an example of you being impulsive? Are you physically impulsive, or emotionally impulsive?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends if They're MY friends or if I'm THEIR friend. If they're my friends, Id sacrifice my time to catch up on life with them, otherwise I would just lie about being busy and watch the tv. Though that rarely happens, due to the outstanding disconnect i feel between myself and others, plus the emotional overwhelm when being with them, I tend to travel light, with lesser friends, like just one friend, who may or may not be real.

:notype: I don't know what to say to this.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get more subjective, more reactive, impulsive, confused and highly isolated. I get emotionally tense, yet in public, I retain my clarity in thought, meaning I am able to pick the most logical decision, but would also be physically reacting to my surroundings in an oblivious and passive manner. However, I only tend to feel my emotions when alone and away from the world. I get extremely nihilistic and confused about reality and life in general. I found Nietzsche to be of great help in that area.

I'm stuck between inferior Fe and inferior Se for you.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Their reactivity and shallowness. Their intrusive habits. Their subjectivity, I appreciate it but dislike it in serious terms.

Ah. There it is. Shallowness. Do you dislike shallow pursuits?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

No. I like listening, learning from their perspective. Figuring out how they think since I find it useful in the long run. Tend to have mental folders filled with information I perceive throughout the conversation. I do enjoy talks about the future, quantum physics, space, philosophy and a little art.

The mental folders sounds like Si to me, but then your talks about the future and other theoretical subjects brings me back to you being an intuitive, so, arggh, tough to say at this point.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

My physical self and the day to day basics.

Seems like you reject sensory data, is this true?

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

I have no idea. They wouldn't label me as emotional though, only slightly pasisonate. mainly isolated and intense.

IxTx.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

working on my goals, creating something, reaching conclusions from my thoughts and a little bit of gaming to challenge my management skills.

I realize I need to write more, so do let me know what exactly you need to know. I will respond.

Lots of future planning that you do there, I see. Can't really decide on the function for that, but overall.. You seem to be a cross between INTJ and ISTJ, with the slight possibility of being an INTP.

If you can answer some of my questions above, it will help me pinpoint your typing. Thanks!

TheObservatory

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for the in-depth analysis. It also helped me understand the functions better.

When you say you want to get people to think about their existence, do you mean by the forms of theoritcal methods or practical? In other words, are you more of a head person or a hands-on person?

Theoretical, I am capable of doing hands-on stuff, but I kind of suck at it. Its more abstract ad theoretical to me. My practical knowledge is still growing, I would consider it less developed as compared to those around myself, which is a slight hindrance when it comes to completing my goals, however I do learn from those around myself, and apply accordingly. In that sense, whatever it is I learn would have to be relevant to my goals, I then seek to further understand it to prevent myself from being dependent on someone else when it comes to troubleshooting. My abstract knowledge is a whole lot more developed, I find it to be a major part of my life, kind of makes me who I am.

Your emotional secrecy is a curious statement, can you talk to us more about that, or is it too painful? Do you run away from your feelings often?

It isn't that painful, I just dont see the need in exposing my emotions. How I feel at a certain point in time is irrelevant as I pride myself in remaining cool headed when making decisions, however I do address my emotions when alone, which can be either empowering or tiresome in the long run. It would depend on how much I wish to understand. I think I am capable of dealing with them, considering how I don't actively value them, but only when I'm alone. Don't usually run away from it, wouldn't say its separate from me.

Understanding why it should be used? Can you tell me more about this? Is this you saying, you want to understand why it should be used because it had work before, or you want to understand because you are interested in future implications that it could work?

The answer is tied to my response to the first question in this current post. I look at future implications. The methods of the past hold no value to me. The problem I face though is picking the most efficient method in theory while having little clue on the physical application of it. Which is why I reference examples.

How are you with external details, if you don't mind me asking?

I own little, meaning I have little detail around me. Organized, but usually oblivious to my surroundings when i'm busy pondering or focusing on something. My management skill in my opinion are quite efficient, however I do adopt traits I find useful in that manner, or situation. Other than that, my thoughts lack precision. That had once got me confused for an extrovert.

Can you give me an example of you being impulsive? Are you physically impulsive, or emotionally impulsive?

Physically, I do things that go against my code. Inaction or over-action. Usually over-action. Get a little scattered and give in to my senses. I use the term 'engaging in sensory overwhelm'.

Do you dislike shallow pursuits?

Yes. A lot. I dislike doing something that wouldn't give results and would be seen as useless.
Lets say my friend who is an artist once told me people thought of him as shallow. I don't see the pursuit of art and meaning to be shallow, but I do find the long term effects on that individual to be rather badly planned and shallow. Struggling to survive where you can actually pick a more logical route without giving up on art which would prevent you from struggling through life due to your own actions.

Seems like you reject sensory data, is this true?

Not usually. I dont actively consider it, I see everything, but I dont process it all consciously. Something like that.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you for the in-depth analysis. It also helped me understand the functions better.

Theoretical, I am capable of doing hands-on stuff, but I kind of suck at it. Its more abstract ad theoretical to me. My practical knowledge is still growing, I would consider it less developed as compared to those around myself, which is a slight hindrance when it comes to completing my goals, however I do learn from those around myself, and apply accordingly. In that sense, whatever it is I learn would have to be relevant to my goals, I then seek to further understand it to prevent myself from being dependent on someone else when it comes to troubleshooting. My abstract knowledge is a whole lot more developed, I find it to be a major part of my life, kind of makes me who I am.

I can safely wipe out ISTJ based on this answer. The rest is your Ni talking about the future and your Te plans for it efficiently. Ni-Te. Wouldn't say that you use Te-Ni as it is clear as day that you are a deep introvert.

It isn't that painful, I just dont see the need in exposing my emotions. How I feel at a certain point in time is irrelevant as I pride myself in remaining cool headed when making decisions, however I do address my emotions when alone, which can be either empowering or tiresome in the long run. It would depend on how much I wish to understand. I think I am capable of dealing with them, considering how I don't actively value them, but only when I'm alone. Don't usually run away from it, wouldn't say its separate from me.

Bold words: Fi. You do not need others inputs to tell you what you are feeling, as you seem to have the capacity to process them individually, it looks like. Fe users such as myself feel emotions, and then go outside of myself to ask others if such emotions are correct, right, or even normal. That doesn't really sound like you at all.

The answer is tied to my response to the first question in this current post. I look at future implications. The methods of the past hold no value to me. The problem I face though is picking the most efficient method in theory while having little clue on the physical application of it. Which is why I reference examples.

Ni. You reject Si overall. Bold words: Te.

I own little, meaning I have little detail around me. Organized, but usually oblivious to my surroundings when i'm busy pondering or focusing on something. My management skill in my opinion are quite efficient, however I do adopt traits I find useful in that manner, or situation. Other than that, my thoughts lack precision. That had once got me confused for an extrovert.

Definitely an intuitive type over a sensor type. Bold words: Te. Italic words: Ni as it is an intuitive type of thinking (may be difficult to explain to other people) rather than a stone cold logical type of thinking.

Physically, I do things that go against my code. Inaction or over-action. Usually over-action. Get a little scattered and give in to my senses. I use the term 'engaging in sensory overwhelm'.

Inferior Se.

Yes. A lot. I dislike doing something that wouldn't give results and would be seen as useless.
Lets say my friend who is an artist once told me people thought of him as shallow. I don't see the pursuit of art and meaning to be shallow, but I do find the long term effects on that individual to be rather badly planned and shallow. Struggling to survive where you can actually pick a more logical route without giving up on art which would prevent you from struggling through life due to your own actions.

Very Te-like in your explanation. I like it!

Not usually. I dont actively consider it, I see everything, but I dont process it all consciously. Something like that.

Perfect.

Final verdict: INTJ. Your socionic type being ILI Ni also helps with my case, since their first two ego blocks are Ni and Te.
Of course, don't be afraid to also read up on the INTP, which can be a second type for you to look at. But so far, everything about you reads Ni, Te, Fi, and Se.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTJ doesn't seem a bad fit. Tritype is probably 145 in some order. social instinct seems most prominent.