• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I still don't know my MBTI type...

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm sorry for posting this. I know many on this site are probably getting more than a little annoyed by my post on finding my MBTI type, but please be patient with me. So, I usually get INFJ or INTJ on those online MBTI test that are floating around, while on enneagram test I usually get typed as a 9 or 5, while on Socionics test I usually get INFj, INTp, INTj, or INFp as my type. I just feel like I don't fit in with any of the type descriptions. When compared to feelers, I feel as though I'm too "harsh", so to speak, but when compared to thinkers, I feel as though I'm too "soft", if that makes any sense. The one thing I know for sure is that I'm an introvert--in fact, it's the only thing I'm comfident about in terms of my type. I have anxiety and depression, so I know that can through off the way I preceive myself.

•Here are some personality traits I have:

-I'm extrodinarily quiet, so quiet to the point that people forget that I'm in the room.

-I'm hard to read. I rarely show any facial or emotional expressions. All my life people have asked me to smile more. I don't see the point in smiling non-stop. If I know how I feel inside, why do you need to see it on my face. I think an individual knows how they feel--why not just take their word for it?

- I'm emotionally distant. I hate talking about feelings; I only tell them to people I trust. I prefer to write about my feelings in a diary. I don't think anyone has a right to know how I feel.

-I come across as rather cold. I'm not a bubbly, joyous person, and I never was.

-I hate small talk. I only do it to please other people. But I really do not care about how you feel about some celebrity or handbag.

-I'm soft-spoken, and I rarely state my opinions, unless it's something I actually care about.

-I don't get people who think in a black and white manner. I also struggle being around people who try to force their opinions on others.

-I am highly irritated by people who think they are morally superior to everyone else, and are constantly virtue signaling. I find the aggressive way they behave to be unconvincing.

-I dislike people who try to control me.

-I prefer to be by myself. Again, I like to write about my thoughts and about my impressions of the world than speak about them.

-When I do have to be in a group, I prefer it to be small and quiet, and I prefer to talk about ideas or more "academic" subjects rather than relationships, feelings, or "practical" plans.

-I'm not a very active person. I prefer to sit around and mull about my thoughts. I'm also not very aware of my physical surroundings.

-I like beautiful, delicate things, such as dainty jewelry or an understated lace evening dress.

-In terms of my personal taste, again, I like to be understated. I'd rather be dead than caught in animal print, obnoxious colors, tight sparkly dresses, or caked on makeup.

-I have trouble with putting my thoughts into words.

-I get drained by talkative people.

-I am extremely attracted to highly intelligent men, even though I'm not extremely intelligent myself.

-I'm not really interested in having a "high power" career. Actually, I'd rather be a housewife than have a career.

-I'm not really a "lovable" person. I hate being touched, and I'm not really sentimental. I also dislike cheesy, mushy gushy romantic crap. Most of it seems so fake to me.

-I need a way to channel my thoughts and ideas. I usually do this by writing, but sometimes I'll paint or draw.

-I'm an extremely private person. I find people who want to know everything about my private life strange. I'd never talk to a group of friends about something extremely intimate, such as my sex life. I don't see the point in talking about what man I'm sleeping with, or why anyone, even if they are friends, would be interested in such a topic.

I can't think of anything else about myself. Feel free to ask questions.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
1. You may not fit any MBTI type perfectly. Personally, I think many folks find themselves as a heavy blend of types, and that's okay. Also, look into both letter dichotomies and function theory. Once you try that, then perhaps seek further advice from others with whatever information you have gleaned. Anyway, welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

1. You may not fit any MBTI type perfectly. Personally, I think many folks find themselves as a heavy blend of types, and that's okay. Also, look into both letter dichotomies and function theory. Once you try that, then perhaps seek further advice from others with whatever information you have gleaned. Anyway, welcome!

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6

- - - Updated - - -

I've already looked into letter dichotomies and function theory, and I still can't figure out my type...

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
I retook the Socionics test that's posted on the homepage. I got ILI-2Ni (INTp) as my type, and IEI (INFp) was 86% as likely as ILI, LII (INTj) was 73% as likely as ILI, and EIE was 54% was likely as ILI. I'm just really confused, because a few months ago I consistently typed as EII on the same Socionics test.