• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's My Brother's Type?

G

Glycerine

He goes to a national military academy
He likes to know what's going to happen, order, very grounded and practical
He likes physical affection a lot
He's reserved but at times can be very extraverted
He likes to have fun, party
He makes sure he looks good when he goes out
He likes to help other but can be somewhat bossy about it
He into following rules
ISFJ/ESFJ, possibly? But...
He likes Muse, Coldplay, Radiohead, Elbow (mostly indie music)
His favorite books are Slaughterhouse Five, Fight Club, any Kurt Vonnegut books
He likes to write poetry
Many of his thoughts are fairly abstract
Open to new people and ideas
He doesn't really believe in religion (kind of skeptical of it)
INFJ/ENFJ?

I'm not sure about INFJ because it seems we are too different to be the same type.

I am overly concerned about how I come off to others while he doesn't seem to care as much and is much more firm and assertive than I am (not necessarily mean but just stands his ground, esp. in arguments).

Any new suggestions?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
He into following rules
ISFJ/ESFJ, possibly? But...
He likes to write poetry
INFJ/ENFJ?

I'm not sure about INFJ because it seems we are too different to be the same type.

I am overly concerned about how I come off to others while he doesn't seem to care as much and is much more firm and assertive than I am (not necessarily mean but just stands his ground, esp. in arguments).

Any new suggestions?
It's difficult to offer anything more because what a person likes or doesn't like might have nothing to do with type, so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

I suggest you observe his behavior and words in the context of the dimensions of MBTI theory.
You might want to go to this website and take this test as if you were your brother.
See what happens.
At least you will learn what kind of behavior to observe.
Insight Game

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
From what you wrote he sounds exactly ISTJ. Depending on what you didn't write, he could be anything.

G

Glycerine

It's difficult to offer anything more because what a person likes or doesn't like might have nothing to do with type, so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

I suggest you observe his behavior and words in the context of the dimensions of MBTI theory.
You might want to go to this website and take this test as if you were your brother.
See what happens.
At least you will learn what kind of behavior to observe.
Insight Game

yeah, I see the big error... oops on my part... thank you.

G

Glycerine

From what you wrote he sounds exactly ISTJ. Depending on what you didn't write, he could be anything.
I never thought of him as a T but that is a big possibility.
What are some other things that could maybe help dicipher it better?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Is he more concerned with details and facts than he is skilled at discerning connections and noticing patterns?

Is he more energized or drained by group social activity which continues for about four hours?

If he disagrees with something, is it because he notices poor morals, or faulty logic? (tough; use best judgment)

Does he tend not only to make schedules, but follow them well?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
He into following rules
He likes to write poetry

Based on this list, and I can't be sure, but I'd say his type is brunette, kinda artsy, talkative, and insightful.

G

Glycerine

Is he more concerned with details and facts than he is skilled at discerning connections and noticing patterns?

Is he more energized or drained by group social activity which continues for about four hours?

If he disagrees with something, is it because he notices poor morals, or faulty logic? (tough; use best judgment)

Does he tend not only to make schedules, but follow them well?

He's definitely I and J but I don't know about S/N and T/F.

Also, He and I get along but end up clashing if we're in a room too long like him correcting and/or questioning what I just said... somewhat condescendingly. This does not jive well with me sometimes being a little too sensitive.

My mom kept saying he was a F but he really doesn't open up to the family much so its not a definite answer.

I'm fairly sure that I'm INFJ (researched for over a month)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
He's definitely I and J but I don't know about S/N and T/F.

Also, He and I get along but end up clashing if we're in a room too long. (like him correcting and/or questioning what I just said... somewhat condescendingly).

My mom kept saying he was a F but he really doesn't open up to the family much so its not a definite answer.

I'm fairly sure that I'm INFJ (researched for over a month)
You can't answer those questions? Do not want to? Unless you video him or he registers and starts postin' up a storm, that's all I got--All I possibly could have.

G

Glycerine

Is he more concerned with details and facts than he is skilled at discerning connections and noticing patterns? no idea...well, he is detail oriented

If he disagrees with something, is it because he notices poor morals, or faulty logic? (tough; use best judgment) no idea... possibly logic

Does he tend not only to make schedules, but follow them well? yes

Sorry I answered those questions in my head.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Okay. There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer. ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
yeah, I see the big error... oops on my part... thank you.
No problem.
Did you go take the test?
You might want to take it for yourself, too.
If you want to take several tests and see if you get the same answers,
I have 3 listed in my blog.
I think if you click on my name it will show you a link for my blog.

G

Glycerine

No problem.
Did you go take the test?
You might want to take it for yourself, too.
If you want to take several tests and see if you get the same answers,
I have 3 listed in my blog.
I think if you click on my name it will show you a link for my blog.

I took one for my brother but that was harder than I expected. I kind of gave up on that.
I took a couple of the tests you suggested for myself. INFP- Insight game. INFX- Lennore Thomson, INTP- humanmetrics
Haha. how ironic... I keep getting P because I am openminded to new options,very messy and not too strict on structure or plans but I definitely like having a basic plan a day or two ahead of schedule... so I'm a non-stereotypical J.

Edit: I strongly believe my brother is ISTJ... the one that Jack Flack suggested.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I took one for my brother but that was harder than I expected. I kind of gave up on that.
I took a couple of the tests you suggested for myself. INFP- Insight game. INFX- Lennore Thomson, INTP- humanmetrics
Haha. how ironic... I keep getting P because I am openminded to new options,very messy and not too strict on structure or plans but I definitely like having a basic plan a day or two ahead of schedule... so I'm a non-stereotypical J.

Edit: I strongly believe my brother is ISTJ... the one that Jack Flack suggested.
You could still be a P. Js can be messy also, and some Ps can be organized. That by itself doesn't mean too much.

J and P are preferences. It's a preference because it makes us feel comfortable or we're good at using it.

My husband are opposites. He's a P, and I'm a J.
A P likes to keep their options open as long as possible.
It makes them feel uncomfortable to make a decision too far ahead of time because they feel like they're closing off their options.

It took me a long time to get used to my husband's way of doing things. I would press him for a decision, BUT he would say stuff like, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it", or "Stay flexible and have fun." These sayings drive me insane!

I want to know, and I want to know now. I don't want to wait, I want to know what to expect. I feel very uncomfortable having things undecided and up in the air like that.

It's comfort level. Which one makes you feel more comfortable? Or which one makes you feel more uncomfortable.

G

Glycerine

I think I prefer and am slightly more comfortable when things are decided (still open to new options if something better comes along) and like to know what's going on but I'm not too hardcore about it. My mom is an INFP and she is much more relaxed about things and goes with the flow more. Also, I checked the Cognitive processes and found out that I tend to use Fe a lot. It was cool to see the different results though, haha.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think I prefer and am slightly more comfortable when things are decided (still open to new options if something better comes along) and like to know what's going on but I'm not too hardcore about it. My mom is an INFP and she is much more relaxed about things and goes with the flow more. Also, I checked the Cognitive processes and found out that I tend to use Fe a lot. It was cool to see the different results though, haha.
So you believe you're a J, but I would say on the continuum, you're probably not an extreme J. That's good. It's not all that great to be extreme.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
So you believe you're a J, but I would say on the continuum, you're probably not an extreme J. That's good. It's not all that great to be extreme.

idk, my Penis is extreme, and it's pretty great.