• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP?

Leilani

I am kind of confused and thought maybe someone here could give me insight based on some things about me. Even though I have tested as ENFP the most, I am wondering how reliable this is. I have also tested as ENTP, INFP, INFJ, INTJ . . but never ever an S.
I have I never have really viewed myself as extraverted though, I am kind of quiet (I hate being loud, drawing attention to myself, it is hard for me to deal with a huge crowd of people) but once you get me going I can't shut up. I also tend to deal with uncomfortable situations by talking a lot. I get really energized from being out with people, but I need time to recharge on my own and if I don't get this enough, I start spacing out. I do not have such a good sense of direction or awareness of what is going on around me on a day-to-day basis, but I love art, photography, and travel (I want to go everywhere and do everything). I also love fashion and have kind of my own ecclectic/casual/dressy style going on. If I have to dress a certain way, I get cranky and don't feel like myself. I highly value my friends and family, and am pretty good at maintaining friendships. My best friends have lasted through distance and lots of life changes for many years.
I have a lot of interests and have trouble focusing on one thing at a time becuase I always feel like I am missing out on something better. I have always done pretty well in school. I am in law school now and feel that maybe I made the wrong career choice. I fear being alone for long periods at a time, and I have had some trouble doing office work in the past (I start thinking too much and kind of get depressed and tired). I really want to help people in tangible ways in my career and don't want to be too far removed from taht. I can be sympathetic toward other people but also kind of tough at times unless I see the justification for why they feel that way. I can be kind of selfish, but that may just be an only child thing? I have to really think to reach out to people. I usually keyed into how I am feeling, but not why I am feeling that way if that makes any sense. I start feeling like my world is falling apart, and thinking of everything that is POSSIBLY wrong . . . but then I rebound relatively quickly. I am not a caretaker at all, and feel really awkward when people cry. I also feel extremely uncomfortable telling people when I they have hurt me (I am embarassed, and don't know how to approach it). I don't want to let other people into my emotions at times.
As far as stress goes, I have had some problems controling it but am getting better as I get older. Excercise seems to really help me, especially running and yoga. When I get really stressed out I kind of stop eating and try to control EVERYTHING in my life to a crazy point and I want to control other people too. I can be somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to my own standards, but am not particularly organized. I can be kind of scattered but I feel more comfortable that way. I find that I tend to do better in school when I am not trying as hard, if that makes any sense. My listening skills are not too great, I daydream a lot if I do not make a conscious effort. In school I need to see everything written out in front of me, especially with numbers.
I recently got married, and although it was a huge scary step for me, I love it because I love the person and we have so much fun together and bring out the best in each other although it can be hard at times. . . I was never a girl who dreamed of her wedding, and can't understand people who say things like "I want to be married by age _ and have kids at age _". That kind of creeps me out to say the least!
Ok, that is super long. Sorry!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Based on that post alone, my wager is $2 on ENFJ.

Most people knowledgeable about this kind of thing agree that tests are often wrong, and are a "roundabout" way of determining type. I usually advise those who would like to determine their type to read multiple descriptions of any type they think they could be. It's often obvious then.

mollyowens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Based on that post alone, my wager is $2 on ENFJ.

Most people knowledgeable about this kind of thing agree that tests are often wrong, and are a "roundabout" way of determining type. I usually advise those who would like to determine their type to read multiple descriptions of any type they think they could be. It's often obvious then.

I agree--www.personalitypage.com has great descriptions for helping sort out your type. Tests are a helpful starting point but when you take several inventories without settling on a particular type it's time to do a bit of reading.

From your post, though, I would guess you are either an ENFP or an INFP.