• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire extravaganza (or maybe not)

Litsnob

[MENTION=27129]Litsnob[/MENTION]
INTP from that one. But its answers are really stereotypical. Plus I think the problem with my functions is the order, not Ti vs Fi. Right now Si-Ti and Ti-Si could both work.
I've been in this over-thinking stage too. It took me a long time to work out whether I was INFJ or INTJ because I can do/use functions that are not in my preference stack and some of them I can use quite well. It wasn't until the light clicked on and I understood that I needed to sort out what I prefer to do over what I can do. I figured this out in part by realising that I was getting really irritated because I'd been taught to value harmony over facts or truth and taught that it was right to value it higher. So I was struggling with being told even indirectly, that my preference, my behaviour and my values were wrong. Perhaps you can identify some type of struggle or frustration like that for yourself. Or perhaps not and time will tell.

If you are Si-Ti you would be ISFJ and more likely not to be bothered by all of this because you just want a peaceful existence without so much thinking and fussing. If you are Ti-Si you would be INTP and the way and the contents of your thinking still signals INTP to me.

In short: See if you can sort out what you prefer from what you can do. Good luck. :)

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been in this over-thinking stage too. It took me a long time to work out whether I was INFJ or INTJ because I can do/use functions that are not in my preference stack and some of them I can use quite well. It wasn't until the light clicked on and I understood that I needed to sort out what I prefer to do over what I can do. I figured this out in part by realising that I was getting really irritated because I'd been taught to value harmony over facts or truth and taught that it was right to value it higher. So I was struggling with being told even indirectly, that my preference, my behaviour and my values were wrong. Perhaps you can identify some type of struggle or frustration like that for yourself. Or perhaps not and time will tell.

If you are Si-Ti you would be ISFJ and more likely not to be bothered by all of this because you just want a peaceful existence without so much thinking and fussing. If you are Ti-Si you would be INTP and the way and the contents of your thinking still signals INTP to me.

In short: See if you can sort out what you prefer from what you can do. Good luck. :)

I think that the best way to verify an ipothesis is going reverse from the conclusion to the assumpions, and try to dismantle anything I can. So, what if I suppose I'm not an INTP? What could possible prove or not that?
The weird thing is that if I look back to my childhood I could've been more of a curious ISJ than ITP. The Tx approach could've been taught by the way I was raised.
Damn that methodological skepticism.

(Thank you, by the way^^")

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You strike me as Ni dominant, I have no strong read on the auxiliary to share.

I say so because you seem to speak about yourself in terms of trends and speculations.

edit: regarding auxiliary, this

1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty I don't think there's an absolute concept of beauty. At all. Its definition has been changing many times throughout history and still changes from person to person. Like everything, it's subjective. It's hard to grasp the truth because our perception is hindered by our senses and perceptions (there's actually another long speech to be made about that so I'll cut it short).
Regarding people, there is a sort of "beauty formula" that defines the proportions of the face in order to be considered beautiful. It is somehow still valid nowadays even if it comes from ancient Greece (kalos kai agathos, when all virtues were "synthesized" by beauty. But it has been recently dismanteled as there actually are some actors who are considered to be beautiful whose face don't respect "the mask".
I don't remember exactly, but if I'm not right it's all based upon the golden ratio. And this leads my speech to what I personally find to possess beauty: maths. Mathematical demonstrations. Anything with a logic that flows. I find it beautiful how some rules and signs (which itself reassume ideas) can possibly explain everything. The only times I stopped thinking "wow, this is beautiful" were while studying maths and physics.

starts off with a disclaimer that it is subjective and based on an individual's perspective, typical of Ni. Then, I believe you use Fe in that your explanation seems to be focused on explaining it to someone like a teacher, and you quickly mention people. Then, when you go back to talking about yourself (or rather subjectively/first person, using "I"), it is a mention of mathematics (going to Ti).

So to me you seem to be: INFJ

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You strike me as Ni dominant, I have no strong read on the auxiliary to share.

I say so because you seem to speak about yourself in terms of trends and speculations.

edit: regarding auxiliary, this

starts off with a disclaimer that it is subjective and based on an individual's perspective, typical of Ni. Then, I believe you use Fe in that your explanation seems to be focused on explaining it to someone like a teacher, and you quickly mention people. Then, when you go back to talking about yourself (or rather subjectively/first person, using "I"), it is a mention of mathematics (going to Ti).

So to me you seem to be: INFJ
That's actually fun because when I first got into MBTI I used to test ISTP. :D

I know an xNFJ, the difference that strikes the most is Si-Ne vs Ni-Se. She's able to easily predict how others will behave using her intuition, she gets a lot of premonitions. We used to get into arguments because she would dismiss some of my relationships. Instead, I'd say that she had no explaination for that premonition, and that there could've been a dozen different scenarios she didn't know about.
I think I use lots of Si, so I'm confused. I often look back to my memories and compare those to what is happening. They get out like déjà vus. I have an handy-dandy map based on past experiences and deductions of mine. I have the problem of not being able to move from the past, sometimes.

I see a point, but when I look at me I find it weird to use Ni or even be a Ni-dom.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
apathylex said:
I think I use lots of Si, so I'm confused. I often look back to my memories and compare those to what is happening. They get out like déjà vus. I have an handy-dandy map based on past experiences and deductions of mine. I have the problem of not being able to move from the past, sometimes.

Could you please go into more detail regarding this process?

Ni tends to relate what is occurring to an idea that has been understood previously, perhaps represented by an image including a memory. Ni can often be dreamlike and so could have things like deja vu. Also Ni could get stuck in the past, I suspect this could relate to what you said about branches that lead out into certain future states being cut.

So it still fits with Ni dominant. Also the things you said about being out of touch with the reality could suggest Ni dominance, although perhaps any N with weaker sensing.

Also there are going to be differences between 2 people of the same type.

So if you could describe the role that memories play in your cognition some more I can compare to myself (INFJ) and see if I can relate.

Also, what makes you think you would be a strong Ne user? I could maybe see the pattern based observations as Ne, but they seem so easily applied to yourself whereas Ne I would think would deal with things external to the person. And the focus you have on explaining things strikes me as J.

Convince me of INTP :)

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Could you please go into more detail regarding this process?

Ni tends to relate what is occurring to an idea that has been understood previously, perhaps represented by an image including a memory. Ni can often be dreamlike and so could have things like deja vu. Also Ni could get stuck in the past, I suspect this could relate to what you said about branches that lead out into certain future states being cut.

So it still fits with Ni dominant. Also the things you said about being out of touch with the reality could suggest Ni dominance, although perhaps any N with weaker sensing.

Also there are going to be differences between 2 people of the same type.

So if you could describe the role that memories play in your cognition some more I can compare to myself (INFJ) and see if I can relate.

Also, what makes you think you would be a strong Ne user? I could maybe see the pattern based observations as Ne, but they seem so easily applied to yourself whereas Ne I would think would deal with things external to the person. And the focus you have on explaining things strikes me as J.

Convince me of INTP :)

I'm not convinced of being a strong Ne user either. I'm torn between ISFJ and INTP. My extraverted functions are very weak right now because of stress and whatever. It's fun how I used to think I despised high Fe and now I'm considering being one.
Those déjà vus are extremely precise. A few days ago at a calculus lecture the professor mentioned a theorem we studied in middle school. I got the exact memory of the page I studied it on and my former teacher standing near the blackboard explaining it.
But when it comes to the future, I'm open ended, a difference I noticed with all the Ni-doms I've known. The only prediction I can make is based on past events but, if I'm not in a depressive/stressed moment, I also lay out all the different scenarios. And they are usually a lot.
Time ago I tried to draw a map of all the choices that led me to a certain moment. I taped together a few A3 sheets and tried to draw a branch for every scenario that didn't happen and choice I made. In the end I didn't succeed, of course.
My usual thought process is usually not based on Ni concepts, so understand me if I'm genuinely confused. Consciously I look for an explaination and start getting lost in all the different scenarios, unconsciously the past impressions come out.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hmm yes, open ended/laying out possible scenarios... does sound more Ne. I'll have to wait a bit for my understanding of the functions to update xD

(actually, that's a really neat way to explain my own thought processes.. it's like my mind is constantly running updates centred around certain key themes related to myself or my interests)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, my opinion is still that you are INFJ, but exploring the different aspects of other types/functions in yourself, perhaps Ni-Ti loop.

If you say that you notice clear differences with Ni dominants, do you notice differences as well with Ti dominants or do you feel that you're thinking in much the same way as them?

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, my opinion is still that you are INFJ, but exploring the different aspects of other types/functions in yourself, perhaps Ni-Ti loop.

If you say that you notice clear differences with Ni dominants, do you notice differences as well with Ti dominants or do you feel that you're thinking in much the same way as them?

Unfortunately I only know another INTP, and male. We share a similar vibe, interests and reasoning, but, also due to my anxiety and some bad experiences, I'm a lot more sensitive. (In fact IRL I often come as an INFP to the ones I asked to type me). He seems a more relaxed, more socially acceptable, version of my younger self. I wonder if I could've become like him if I didn't engage in all that anxiety.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Unfortunately I only know another INTP, and male. We share a similar vibe, interests and reasoning, but, also due to my anxiety and some bad experiences, I'm a lot more sensitive. (In fact IRL I often come as an INFP to the ones I asked to type me). He seems a more relaxed, more socially acceptable, version of my younger self. I wonder if I could've become like him if I didn't engage in all that anxiety.

Anxiety itself is going to make you wonder what if things were different. Seeing the good as resulting from taking the other route goes hand in hand with projecting the future as unpleasant.

I have a lot of anxiety too, socially especially. So as a result I don't engage my Fe quite that often, although I've heard that social anxiety can also have the opposite effect depending on how the person handles it.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]
I think I understood. It's probably socionics Ni you're seeing. I tried taking a few tests, and I score the highest on alpha (Ti/Fe - Ne/Si) [ILE and LII] followed by beta (Ti/Fe - Ni/Se) with high Ni. But referring to MBTI, I still see myself as a Si user (sense of past, focus on the body and its reactions, using past information as a guide more than raw intuition, which I absolutely don't have).
MBTI Si can partly translate to socionics Ni (sense of time, etcetera).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]
I think I understood. It's probably socionics Ni you're seeing. I tried taking a few tests, and I score the highest on alpha (Ti/Fe - Ne/Si) [ILE and LII] followed by beta (Ti/Fe - Ni/Se) with high Ni. But referring to MBTI, I still see myself as a Si user (sense of past, focus on the body and its reactions, using past information as a guide more than raw intuition, which I absolutely don't have).
MBTI Si can partly translate to socionics Ni (sense of time, etcetera).

Hmm, well the thing about Ni... is that I might not have been seeing something that was really there. I was just in a state of mind where it seemed as though I was.

My typing would have sat with you for a while now... so if you're still convinced that you're an Si user rather than Ni, then most likely you are.