• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me AGAIN.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I just can't tell if I'm ENFJ or ENFP. I used to type as INFJ and I still often get that, so I don't know if I'm faking things or if I really am my type. I get different results each time but I know you have to type based on how you are usually, not in a moment, or whatever. But I feel like I'm changing a lot. I don't know. I could possibly have mental illness (shoot me in the foot but it's self-diagnosed, I know something isn't right with me, so...) and I feel like that's affecting it. I don't know. And I still struggle with my Enneagram type, like I'm not a right fit.

See, lately I'm drawn to sad shit. I've always been drawn to sad shit, but this time, instead of romanticizing it, I just don't know why I'm drawn to it. My mental state makes me drawn to it, I don't really like it. I'm not the most outgoing person, not that talkative, but I enjoy being in groups. I enjoy the company, I like knowing what's going on. I'm not the life of a room or party, but they don't drain me like they used to. I just like being around people. ENFPs are the introverts of extraverts as they say. I've been apart of the ENFP Subreddit for awhile on Reddit... so now I feel like I'm one of them.

I used to want to stand out and be different, and I tried hard. I tried so so hard, I thought if nobody liked me, fuck it! But the more I tried hard, I realized the more ordinary I am. And now I'm okay with that! I'm okay with being normal! The "weird, goth" or whatever I tried to fit into, that's not me anymore! Although I do still wear a lot of black and I don't put much into my appearance... but whatever. My insecurities, that's another story. I'm not the most confident person, but what is self-esteem, anyways? I try to remember to treat it as a concept.

I feel like I have a lot of energy, but it's quiet energy, but I just don't feel introverted anymore? Sure, I do need my alone time, especially after work or the end of the day, but I'm not exhausted and it's not this re-charging my batteries feeling.. but it is, but it's just DIFFERENT.

I don't know, guys, I just feel very very lost. I know this isn't something MBTI can fix, I just feel lost, like I'm not really my type, or any of them, but I'm not saying MBTI and enneagram is fake.

I'm trying to read up on the different types and see which one is more like me, and I'm torn on ENFP/ENFJ, basically. But I feel like my Percieving is more developed, I've heard that about my writing, I guess.

Sigh. :unsure::(

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. Don't feel bad. Many people lately (myself included) are reanalyzing their type. Assuming only ENFP and ENFJ are on the docket, I'm going to attempt to give a rough description of the main drive of each dominant function.

ENFP Ne: The world is fine and all, but its value to me is what could become of it. Things start to feel stagnant if there are no concepts, no possibilities to chase after. The things I seek are not readily apparent, they are things to strive for, whether it be something minute or the world at large.

ENFJ Fe: More than anything, I just want to cultivate this bond with people at large, be of the group. Of course I have my own identity, but I am more led by the values of those around me. I feel that sharing these values is the best way to go. Some may call it conformist, I just call it unity.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hello. Don't feel bad. Many people lately (myself included) are reanalyzing their type. Assuming only ENFP and ENFJ are on the docket, I'm going to attempt to give a rough description of the main drive of each dominant function.

ENFP Ne: The world is fine and all, but its value to me is what could become of it. Things start to feel stagnant if there are no concepts, no possibilities to chase after. The things I seek are not readily apparent, they are things to strive for, whether it be something minute or the world at large.

ENFJ Fe: More than anything, I just want to cultivate this bond with people at large, be of the group. Of course I have my own identity, but I am more led by the values of those around me. I feel that sharing these values is the best way to go. Some may call it conformist, I just call it unity.

Yeah dude! ENFP-NE, I've gotten that a few times on Socionics. I've gotten INFJ, INFP, and also ENFP, no functions prevalent, and then ENFP-Ne. which I fully agree with. I've just taken so many tests, I feel lost. i feel like i don't relate to INFJ anymore, but it's whatever issues I have that's overriding everything. I often get INFJ on the SimilarMinds test website as well, so it's tripping me up. same for 16Personalities.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah dude! ENFP-NE, I've gotten that a few times on Socionics. I've gotten INFJ, INFP, and also ENFP, no functions prevalent, and then ENFP-Ne. which I fully agree with. I've just taken so many tests, I feel lost. i feel like i don't relate to INFJ anymore, but it's whatever issues I have that's overriding everything. I often get INFJ on the SimilarMinds test website as well, so it's tripping me up. same for 16Personalities.

I wouldn't rely on tests to come to a definitive answer to type. They help to find where you generally fall in terms of temperament (in your case, NF), but are usually lacking when trying to pinpoint one's true type. Only you can see all aspects of yourself. I never sensed Fe in you so I'm leaning XNFP. Have you read Jung himself? Here's an excerpt on his explanation of types. Jung Types It's not long but It's a bit wordy (Scratch that. A bit lengthy, but can skim over a good portion of it).

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wouldn't rely on tests to come to a definitive answer to type. They help to find where you generally fall in terms of temperament (in your case, NF), but are usually lacking when trying to pinpoint one's true type. Only you can see all aspects of yourself. I never sensed Fe in you so I'm leaning XNFP. Have you read Jung himself? Here's an excerpt on his explanation of types. Jung Types It's not long but It's a bit wordy (Scratch that. A bit lengthy, but can skim over a good portion of it).
wow that's long, I literally skimmed over it. honestly if say I'm a bit of a daydreamer, I guess. i imagine a lot of conversations that haven't happened (conversations I would like to have with people) and stuff like that, but I'm still in the present moment? i don't know. and frankly I just feel insulted when people put all the introverts together under a basic meaning.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wow that's long, I literally skimmed over it. honestly if say I'm a bit of a daydreamer, I guess. i imagine a lot of conversations that haven't happened (conversations I would like to have with people) and stuff like that, but I'm still in the present moment? i don't know. and frankly I just feel insulted when people put all the introverts together under a basic meaning.

From what I understand, daydreaming doesn't have anything to do with the functions, more imagination. As for you imagining conversations, this is more imagination as well. Intuition is about "perceiving" meaning, connections, etc; largely unconscious. I understand about putting introverts under an umbrella. Extroverts and others art victims to this as well.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From what I understand, daydreaming doesn't have anything to do with the functions, more imagination. As for you imagining conversations, this is more imagination as well. Intuition is about "perceiving" meaning, connections, etc; largely unconscious. I understand about putting introverts under an umbrella. Extroverts and others art victims to this as well.
yeah. i took the similar minds test and i literally got ESFJ, twice. WTF.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se doms have lots of physical energy while Ne doms have lots of mental energy.

Why do you think you're an extrovert btw?

skimpit

Although I do still wear a lot of black and I don't put much into my appearance... but whatever. My insecurities, that's another story. I'm not the most confident person, but what is self-esteem, anyways? I try to remember to treat it as a concept.

Oof, these typin' threads. Get me off this part of the forum. Anyway, ENFP is my guess. What I've noticed with ENFPs is they contradict themselves a lot and the only thing keeping them grounded on this Earth here is Fi. This seems to be happening to you, and goth seems like a manifestation of that lol

I don't know, guys, I just feel very very lost. I know this isn't something MBTI can fix, I just feel lost, like I'm not really my type, or any of them, but I'm not saying MBTI and enneagram is fake.

Feel free to say it's fake, that'd be a fun debate

. . . I just don't feel introverted anymore? Sure, I do need my alone time, especially after work or the end of the day, but I'm not exhausted and it's not this re-charging my batteries feeling.. but it is, but it's just DIFFERENT.

Ne can be introverted sometimes, it's not like a machine that keeps going. It's fueled by Si, no matter the position. Si needs time to recharge itself, because as a function, it's introverted. It gathers and collects all day long, but it needs other functions to help it process what was just learned a bit ago, yeah?

So if you're feeling the need to sit down and rest, it's probably because you maxed out that inf function of yours. As someone with lower Ne, I get tired when too many different things happen at once, because my Si needs a chance to come up with more things for it to do. Higher Ne can last longer because it conserves its energy in comparison to a XSXJ.

I've always been drawn to sad shit, but this time, instead of romanticizing it, I just don't know why I'm drawn to it. My mental state makes me drawn to it, I don't really like it. I'm not the most outgoing person, not that talkative, but I enjoy being in groups. I enjoy the company, I like knowing what's going on. I'm not the life of a room or party

NFs tend to be
Also, for the lols -->> link and maybe not so lols -->> link ;)
An Ne-dom is an all-consuming clusterfuck haha, not that it's bad to be one but if you feel like a tornado when you're thinking (not interacting) then you're probably an Ne dominant.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Se doms have lots of physical energy while Ne doms have lots of mental energy.

Why do you think you're an extrovert btw?

I think I have a lot of mental energy that I can't express verbally, I rarely do. Not that I never talk, but I just.. I'm pretty quiet/reserved, I guess. In my defense, ENFPs are the Introverts of Extraverts.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oof, these typin' threads. Get me off this part of the forum. Anyway, ENFP is my guess. What I've noticed with ENFPs is they contradict themselves a lot and the only thing keeping them grounded on this Earth here is Fi. This seems to be happening to you, and goth seems like a manifestation of that lol

Feel free to say it's fake, that'd be a fun debate

Ne can be introverted sometimes, it's not like a machine that keeps going. It's fueled by Si, no matter the position. Si needs time to recharge itself, because as a function, it's introverted. It gathers and collects all day long, but it needs other functions to help it process what was just learned a bit ago, yeah?

So if you're feeling the need to sit down and rest, it's probably because you maxed out that inf function of yours. As someone with lower Ne, I get tired when too many different things happen at once, because my Si needs a chance to come up with more things for it to do. Higher Ne can last longer because it conserves its energy in comparison to a XSXJ.

NFs tend to be
Also, for the lols -->> link and maybe not so lols -->> link ;)
An Ne-dom is an all-consuming clusterfuck haha, not that it's bad to be one but if you feel like a tornado when you're thinking (not interacting) then you're probably an Ne dominant.

Yeah, I feel like a tornado when I'm thinking. Because I can't fully get my thoughts out, ever. Not ever, but specifically in an argument, I shut down. And I'm talking if I feel attacked, which is usually a lot, I shut down. It's kind of an anxiety thing, too, I just.. ugh. I'm weak.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I have a lot of mental energy that I can't express verbally, I rarely do. Not that I never talk, but I just.. I'm pretty quiet/reserved, I guess. In my defense, ENFPs are the Introverts of Extraverts.

Yeah but they're still extroverts. Lol. It's not the exception. It's just that they're the least. More correctly the most introverted extrovert.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah but they're still extroverts. Lol. It's not the exception. It's just that they're the least. More correctly the most introverted extrovert.

Yes, I'm aware, that's what I meant. Don't correct me.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Not that I never talk, but I just.. I'm pretty quiet/reserved, I guess. In my defense, ENFPs are the Introverts of Extraverts.
Sorry dude. That title is for entps.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I'm aware, that's what I meant. Don't correct me.

I'll forgive you if your next avatar is also a fashion model for a fashion brand. Don't forget that.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay.... Anyway, still feeling XNFP. The more I read, the more I see Fi. Hmm.

What would pain you more?

1: Repressing your convictions and values in favor of gaining real objective results?
2: Limiting the ideas and concepts you can seek in order to maintain stability?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay.... Anyway, still feeling XNFP. The more I read, the more I see Fi. Hmm.

What would pain you more?

1: Repressing your convictions and values in favor of gaining real objective results?
2: Limiting the ideas and concepts you can seek in order to maintain stability?

This is a funny question considering I'm doing #2 right now. I'm not achieving my dreams in life in an attempt to better myself and get some things on track. Funnily enough, now that I'm doing that... I don't feel as happy as I imagined, but that's the mental illness talking. I know it is. Or whatever's going on in my mind; anxiety, depression, whatever. I know I'll get there one day, it's not hard.

I'm afraid to answer this question because I don't want to get a result I won't like, which is really childish, I know. But I think I would hate to repress my convictions and values because that's a stifling of who I am, and I hate it when people stifle and talk over me and don't listen, that's how I interpret this. I'm not really loud or a fighting type of person, at least naturally, but when pushed to a point, I can yell and fight. It's very rare, but I can.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a funny question considering I'm doing #2 right now. I'm not achieving my dreams in life in an attempt to better myself and get some things on track. Funnily enough, now that I'm doing that... I don't feel as happy as I imagined, but that's the mental illness talking. I know it is. Or whatever's going on in my mind; anxiety, depression, whatever. I know I'll get there one day, it's not hard.

I'm afraid to answer this question because I don't want to get a result I won't like, which is really childish, I know. But I think I would hate to repress my convictions and values because that's a stifling of who I am, and I hate it when people stifle and talk over me and don't listen, that's how I interpret this. I'm not really loud or a fighting type of person, at least naturally, but when pushed to a point, I can yell and fight. It's very rare, but I can.

This sounds like strong Fi type 4. Overall this sounds infp with Ne without an outlet. I would advise hanging around other INFPs and ENFPs around here and see which mental styles are more like yours.

skimpit

Feeling attacked is the Fi function. Although Fe may sound super touchy, I'd liken it to water or like a bean bag. If you poke it, it'll react. Otherwise, it's not going to. But Fi reacts on its own so it's alright.

I'd say ENFPs are more touchy than INFPs because they're less comfortable with Fi. However, they seem to use it rather well. All the posts I read on how ENFPs use Fi aren't coming to my memory at the moment so I apologize. But there's a lot floating around on the web like that. Most of them say that ENFPs are more deep and sensitive than they look, which is a paraphrase, but close to what most profiles say. They're usually described this way because Ne is a wild-ride, and it takes good work of Fi/Te to get the wonderfulness of it to not only come out, but to make sense irl

I don't know if you feel this way too, but I also feel like MBTI's a copout at times lol
Don't get confused by all the terminology, it's just a guy who was short on time and simplified things into oblivion so no one else could understand ^^