• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure of My Type - Need your Help

AlbaAl

How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.

- Nothing is influencing me, I am at home in a calm environment and wrote this all in one sitting.

------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

- I seem to relate to few types, but I cannot tell to which one more. I think I might be biased towards myself, making it difficult to type myself. I'd really like to know my type, but I am just too unaware of myself.
- I have read couple of books, made tests and saw videos.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

- My mind is always busy thinking about how something works or what should I do next. I am basically always worrying and overthinking something.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
b. What have others said about you?
c. What do you think of yourself?

a. Good question! I am not sure. I think it is challenging to be me, because I think I understand life in a deeper level than many people, and this makes me a bit depressed. I don't enjoy life like others do, I seem to have regular existential crisis. From the other side, I try to deal with all things with the sense of humor (usually, a bit dark and sarcastic), which makes it easier.

b. Others said to me that from the outside, I look friendly, fun-loving and lovely girl (maybe it is because of my appearance, I am blond and feminine). But as soon as they get to know me, they say that I am very intelligent, deep, talented, a thinker, very creative, which is not too visible on the surface.

c. I think I have a weird combination of analytical mind and creativity in me. I am same good with numbers as I am in artistic/creative matters, or languages, or philosophy. I also think it is hard to really get to know me.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.

That's a bit too personal! I had divorce, I had debts and many other things in the past.
I have recovered and moved on pretty fast. I think those things made me stronger.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

a. impossible:
- to try to play corporate politics games or social games to fit in;
- to learn how to provide emotional support to others (I just know how to solve problems), when I try to support others emotionally, it is too awkward
- to understand what others feel, because it is irrational for me
- to be conventional and to adopt traditions (I dislike them)
- to stop thinking big and be ambitious

b. I'd like to have:
- more empathy
- more abilities to make connections
- more natural sales/persuading skills
- more feminine character
- more enjoyment and more living in the moment

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

I don't have friends at the moment because I don't think I need them. I don't have time - that's the main reason. I have my husband and family and that's enough for me.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?

I identify with NT types the most, but can't understand which one is my type..
a. RELATE:
- INTJ: I am a behind-the-scenes leader, secretly planning to take over the world; I make long-term plans and make them come true, I love working alone, I am analytical and innovative at the same time, I tend to overindulge in food/alcohol when under stress and more similarities
- ENTJ: I am pretty dynamic and at work I am very to-the-point. My husband is sure I am an ENTJ, since he sees me as bossy. I make lists, plans, I can be quick to act.
- ENTP: When I was a child, I was 100% classical ENTP. But right now, I can't relate to this type too much; except that I see possibilities everywhere and want to try all of them and have difficulties to follow up sometimes (but not with major goals - I am good at following up on them)
- INTP: I seek closure, but can never get it, I sometimes analyze things too much to find the truth.

b: NOT RELATE:
- INTJ: I can't mystically see the future; I am also not calm and not always quiet. I am not trusting my hunches until I don't rationalize them with my mind. I also don't make such detailed plans as INTJs do, I make just a short one, basically a vision is enough. I also usually see many possibilities in a situation, not just one correct; and then I just decide what is likely and what is not, in my mind.
- ENTJ: I am in reality not that bossy, and dislike telling people what to do. I only do that if absolutely necessary. I also dislike people in general, I am not that social. I dislike hierarchies and rules in organizations. I am not that organized.
- ENTP: I dislike debate, because it is draining my energy; I don't have that quick sense of humor (but rather, dark one); I am not laid-back or calm or relaxed. I am worrying but not showing to others that I do.
- INTP: I am pretty good at achieving my goals and I am ambitious. I have goals, plans and high ambitions. I am not that calm and quiet.

7. Which types are least like you?
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

Least: ISFJ, ISFP, ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ESTP, ISTJ

a. difficult to tell specifically, I just don't relate to these at all.
b. The only things I could tell I relate to in some of these types:

- ISTJ: being skeptical and being jack-of-all-trades; also being responsible
- ESTP: being fast in critical situations, good problem-solver, knowing what to do

When I was younger, I think I could also relate to ENFP - because I seemed to see good in all people; or maybe that was just age.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

Love cannot be found. It only can be developed together with a partner.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

- He would tell me: "Ok, I allow you to feel bad for few days...Then, suck it up, find the best solution possible and move on."

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

-I want to be competent and have high level of intelligence in everything I do. I want other see me this way too.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

I feel OK about these events, they are just past, I don't care a lot about my past. I think my parents could teach me more things which I am lacking today, but in general they did good. Regarding other events, I just see everything as lessons, steps.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

- being mediocre
- not having access to the truth because of the higher powers (such as, financial elite) hiding it from people
- being just a small part of something without any significance to the world
- conventionality
- not making a difference

Thank you!

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The 5w6 is strong in this one. (539 as tritype?) I feel NT, but it's more of the Ti/Fe variety. XNTP?, INTP in particular.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 5w6 is strong in this one. (539 as tritype?) I feel NT, but it's more of the Ti/Fe variety. XNTP?, INTP in particular.

INFJ 4w3, maybe 3w4 because 3 is in the Competency triad.

AlbaAl

My Enneagram is 538 (as tritype) - Well done!

I relate to INTP in many ways, except that I am not calm/relaxed; and I am pretty ambitious and dynamic (maybe too much for an INTP)
But I could just be a different INTP.

AlbaAl

INFJ 4w3, maybe 3w4 because 3 is in the Competency triad.

Interesting! Never would think about INFJ. I don't have that good people skills and even if I have Fe at all, it is definitely not dom or aux.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My Enneagram is 538 (as tritype) - Well done!

I relate to INTP in many ways, except that I am not calm/relaxed; and I am pretty ambitious and dynamic (maybe too much for an INTP)
But I could just be a different INTP.

Any type can be ambitious or relaxed. It's a matter of what perspective rule you more. What drove me to NTP is you seeing possibilities and your propensity for analysis. To determine which XNTP, what drives you more, seeing possibilities in the world, or your personal logical analysis?

Just to double check, can you describe your decision making process in general?

AlbaAl

Any type can be ambitious or relaxed. It's a matter of what perspective rule you more. What drove me to NTP is you seeing possibilities and your propensity for analysis. To determine which XNTP, what drives you more, seeing possibilities in the world, or your personal logical analysis?

Just to double check, can you describe your decision making process in general?

What drives me more is understanding how the world works on a deeper level (personal logical analysis).
After that, I am also interested in applying this understanding to the possibilities around me.

Decision making process:
1st: Situation that needs a decision comes up
2nd: Then, I seem to immediately envision few (or all) possible decisions and their most likely and unlikely outcomes in the future and their impact on my vision (or goals), without thinking on them too much (it is a very quick and unconscious process - people around me are usually surprised how quickly I can see all that - If I share my thoughts with them, which I only do with close people, and not too often).
3rd: After that, my mind comes to the process - I make a research and analyze which of them is the best (pros and cons). In this step, I usually seem to be OK to notify others about my decision.
4th: After I know which decision is the most logical, I might consider how it would affect others, if applicable
5th: I might go back and modify the decision if new aspects of the situation come up

In general, if the decision is logical but has negative effect on others, I will anyways proceed with it. And after that i would think how to damage-control the negative effect on others.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP or INTJ. Leaning more INTP. Just to make sure, which resonates most with you?

Ti/Fe :This is logically consistent to me (Ti), but what value do others place on it (Fe)? [This is stupid, I don't want to go along with it]
Te/Fi :This way gets results and is efficient (Te), but is it the right thing to do (Fi)? [The end justifies the means]

Vice Versa

Fe/Ti: Well, if everyone agrees with this, I guess it's fine (Fe), but I just don't know about this (Ti)
Fi/Te: This is the right thing to do (Fi), I know this is not productive, but still (Te)

AlbaAl

INTP or INTJ. Leaning more INTP. Just to make sure, which resonates most with you?

Ti/Fe :This is logically consistent to me (Ti), but what value do others place on it (Fe)? [This is stupid, I don't want to go along with it]
Te/Fi :This way gets results and is efficient (Te), but is it the right thing to do (Fi)? [The end justifies the means]

Vice Versa

Fe/Ti: Well, if everyone agrees with this, I guess it's fine (Fe), but I just don't know about this (Ti)
Fi/Te: This is the right thing to do (Fi), I know this is not productive, but still (Te)

Fe/Ti and Fi/Te: absolutely not.

From the other two, Te/Fi seems more like me :)

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was typing you very likely INTP, but this last comment changes everything.
I had assumed inferior Fe from here:
4th: After I know which decision is the most logical, I might consider how it would affect others, if applicable
plus all of your comments where the apothesis of Ti-Fe.
But then
From the other two, Te/Fi seems more like me
this one arrived, and everything changed.
I'll be sticking around for a while to look into that.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe/Ti and Fi/Te: absolutely not.

From the other two, Te/Fi seems more like me :)

Hmm. I am honestly confused now. :dry: You're an NT, that's obvious. I'm still leaning on INTP.

You lead with T, but what type?
Ti: You have an internal system of logic. When looking at validity, you turn inward, seeing if all checks out against your internal understanding of things.
Te: Logic has to be objective and measurable. You check external standards to see how you're doing. Progress is a set standard and you strive to meet it.

I hate to do this to you but this is a good test to see where your functions fall into place. Keirsey Jung Test.

AlbaAl

Hmm. I am honestly confused now. :dry: You're an NT, that's obvious. I'm still leaning on INTP.

You lead with T, but what type?
Ti: You have an internal system of logic. When looking at validity, you turn inward, seeing if all checks out against your internal understanding of things.
Te: Logic has to be objective and measurable. You check external standards to see how you're doing. Progress is a set standard and you strive to meet it.

I can relate to both, but probably more to Ti (if we compare Ti vs Te alone)

I hate to do this to you but this is a good test to see where your functions fall into place. Keirsey Jung Test.

According to this test, I am an INTJ:

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 5.56.12 PM.jpg

:D

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can relate to both, but probably more to Ti (if we compare Ti vs Te alone)

According to this test, I am an INTJ:

View attachment 17271

:D
Wow. You really could go either way (though INTJ seems closer). What strikes your fancy for the inferior between INTJ or INTP?

Inferior Se: Focusing on the now is too reckless. How can one seek progress if one doesn't look ahead. Everyone's too brash and impatient.
Inferior Fe: Sometimes it's a pain to cater to wants and needs of the social environment. Straight logic is what matters to me and I don't want to dance around an issue just to keep harmony.

AlbaAl

Wow. You really could go either way (though INTJ seems closer). What strikes your fancy for the inferior between INTJ or INTP?

Inferior Se: Focusing on the now is too reckless. How can one seek progress if one doesn't look ahead. Everyone's too brash and impatient.
Inferior Fe: Sometimes it's a pain to cater to wants and needs of the social environment. Straight logic is what matters to me and I don't want to dance around an issue just to keep harmony.

From this description, Inferior Fe seems closer to me!
But I relate to having inferior Se, when under heavy stress (binge-eating or not eating at all, seeking sensory experience just to forget the stress, etc.)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From this description, Inferior Fe seems closer to me!
But I relate to having inferior Se, when under heavy stress (binge-eating or not eating at all, seeking sensory experience just to forget the stress, etc.)

I would say INTP. You lead with T, particularly Ti. And you seem to resent Fe from what I read from the questionnaire and answers you gave. Really, only the dominant and inferior functions matter. If you feel that the Ti/Fe dynamic is more you than Ni/Se, I'd say INTP.