• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Still stuck on my type :(

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

The only part of me that I'm sure of is that I'm an introvert or at least someone who highly appreciates silence. I'm pretty sure I'm someone who has high Fi or Fe. That's very obvious as you will see.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn to belong somewhere. To connect with something or someone. To find my purpose in this life. Also to make a living out creating things. I'm mulling over going into interior design. I need something that sparks my creativity and pays bills ;) .

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I'm being told I did something right or was helpful. I need validation. It's annoying.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being criticized or being made fun of. I've never taken harsh criticism well. I'm someone who is very hard on themselves. I've dealt with being made fun of by becoming self-deprecating. Make the joke before they do.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How I feel about it. Envisioning how things most likely will unfold. I'm someone who goes with my gut instinct. If it feels right, I go with it. I end up regretting not trusting my gut. I've said more than once that I knew what would happen but didn't go with my feeling and it blew up in my face.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like having support, especially if I feel insecure about my skills. I don't care to be in control but I like to know the most likely outcome. I need that security.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

My childhood was filled with lots of imagination. Anytime I was allowed to go off into my own little world made me happy. I was a lonely child but my imagination rarely left me alone. I have bits of memory but how it made feel burns bright to this day.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Read up a bit but I probably dive right in more than I should.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm not the most organized person but I'm far from the worst. I'm like a fine wine, I'm improving with age. I'm becoming more aware of what's around me and noticing things that need to fixed or organized better.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Take into consideration and look for information and see if it strikes me as right.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

This one is hard to answer because I do both in a way.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I prefer one-on-one so much. I'm just more comfortable with that. I usually think before I speak but sometimes the words run out before I can put up the roadblocks. I'm also physically expressive so even if I'm not talking then my face is.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to figure out what will most likely happen before I leap. Words are great but sometimes they end up just being that.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'm a homebody so a night out isn't something I would chose to do. I'd thank them for considering me but decline, unless Rami Malek is there.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I become one judgmental b*tch. There's a lot of deep breathing exercises going on to take the edge of of being uptight.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

People who instigate trouble. People who are too harsh and intentionally cruel can get me in a bad mood very quick.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I'm more a listener and observer. I love figuring out people's mindset. I keep it to myself a lot. I do get talkative about tv shows and movies. I used to be quite into gossip. I don't talk politics since some of my views are controversial and a bit contradicting. It just makes me and people around me uncomfortable. So I usually keep that on the down low. I may briefly mention it and then move on to another topic.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

I don't stay in the present a lot. I'm getting better but it's still a problem. I tend to miss things around me or about me and there is a good chance that I will most likely run into something because I wasn't focused on the here and now.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Intelligent, snarky, creative, opinionated, empathetic, jumps to conclusions. It's hard for me to see the intelligence part. I kind of see myself as a ditz and always struggled in school. They would never say I have a dull personality. I'm a bit too dramatic to be a boring creature.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd go to a fair and win prizes and have fun being silly and free. I'd then go buy some movies and cds. There would be lots of shopping since in this dream scenario I'm not broke :D. I'd then finish the day catching up with my friends.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're such an IxFP, it's not even funny. And an sx variant too. INFP. I was going to say ISFP at first, but the more I read, the more Ne I saw.

Rouskyrie

The only part of me that I'm sure of is that I'm an introvert or at least someone who highly appreciates silence. I'm pretty sure I'm someone who has high Fi or Fe. That's very obvious as you will see.

I yearn to belong somewhere. To connect with something or someone. To find my purpose in this life. Also to make a living out creating things. I'm mulling over going into interior design. I need something that sparks my creativity and pays bills ;) .

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I'm being told I did something right or was helpful. I need validation. It's annoying.

Being criticized or being made fun of. I've never taken harsh criticism well. I'm someone who is very hard on themselves. I've dealt with being made fun of by becoming self-deprecating. Make the joke before they do.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How I feel about it. Envisioning how things most likely will unfold. I'm someone who goes with my gut instinct. If it feels right, I go with it. I end up regretting not trusting my gut. I've said more than once that I knew what would happen but didn't go with my feeling and it blew up in my face.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like having support, especially if I feel insecure about my skills. I don't care to be in control but I like to know the most likely outcome. I need that security.

My childhood was filled with lots of imagination. Anytime I was allowed to go off into my own little world made me happy. I was a lonely child but my imagination rarely left me alone. I have bits of memory but how it made feel burns bright to this day.

I'm not the most organized person but I'm far from the worst. I'm like a fine wine, I'm improving with age. I'm becoming more aware of what's around me and noticing things that need to fixed or organized better.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Take into consideration and look for information and see if it strikes me as right.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I prefer one-on-one so much. I'm just more comfortable with that. I usually think before I speak but sometimes the words run out before I can put up the roadblocks. I'm also physically expressive so even if I'm not talking then my face is.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to figure out what will most likely happen before I leap. Words are great but sometimes they end up just being that.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I'm a homebody so a night out isn't something I would chose to do. I'd thank them for considering me but decline, unless Rami Malek is there.

I become one judgmental b*tch. There's a lot of deep breathing exercises going on to take the edge of of being uptight.

People who instigate trouble. People who are too harsh and intentionally cruel can get me in a bad mood very quick.

I'm more a listener and observer. I love figuring out people's mindset. I keep it to myself a lot. I do get talkative about tv shows and movies. I used to be quite into gossip. I don't talk politics since some of my views are controversial and a bit contradicting. It just makes me and people around me uncomfortable. So I usually keep that on the down low. I may briefly mention it and then move on to another topic.

I don't stay in the present a lot. I'm getting better but it's still a problem. I tend to miss things around me or about me and there is a good chance that I will most likely run into something because I wasn't focused on the here and now.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Intelligent, snarky, creative, opinionated, empathetic, jumps to conclusions. It's hard for me to see the intelligence part. I kind of see myself as a ditz and always struggled in school. They would never say I have a dull personality. I'm a bit too dramatic to be a boring creature.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd go to a fair and win prizes and have fun being silly and free. I'd then go buy some movies and cds. There would be lots of shopping since in this dream scenario I'm not broke :D. I'd then finish the day catching up with my friends.

I'm thinking IXFP, leaning towards INFP, alike what apathylex and Mayflower said. However, I'd like your opinion on what's below, if that's okay.

For INFP, the functional stack would look like this:
1.) Valuing and considering importance, beliefs, and worth. (Fi).
2.) Interpreting situations and relationships and pickup meanings and interconnections to other contexts. (Ne).
3.) Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data. (Si).
4.) Segmenting, organizing for efficiency, and systematizing. (Te).
5.) Connecting and considering others and the group (Fe).
6.) Foreseeing implications, transformations, and likely effects (Ni).
7.) Experiencing and acting in the immediate context (Se).
8.) Analyzing, categorizing, and evaluating according to principles (Ti).

Whereas the functional stack for ISFP looks like this:
1.) Valuing and considering importance, beliefs, and worth (Fi).
2.) Experiencing and acting in the immediate context (Se).
3.) Foreseeing implications, transformations, and likely effects (Ni).
4.) Segmenting, organizing for efficiency, and systematizing (Te).
5.) Connecting and considering others and the group (Fe).
6.) Reviewing and recalling past experiences and seeking detailed data (Si).
7.) Interpreting situations and relationships and pickup meanings and interconnections to other contexts (Ne).
8.) Analyzing, categorizing, and evaluating according to principles (Ti).

They have in common their dominant, inferior, 'opposing' (fifth) and 'devilish' (eighth) functions.

Now, the fifth function has been described like this: "This is usually the first process to jump to defend us, if we are articulating our mission in response to an insult, it is this process that we use. when people hear remarks from someone whose dominant process is their fifth process, they often 'blow it off before it even registers'. When someone is using this process a lot, we get frustrated and think "this is so dumb/pointless". (Fe would apply here).

The sixth like this: "One aspect of the process is that it is very good at taking care of other people but not very helpful for taking care of yourself. If someone is taking advantage of this, or if we are feeling stuck or powerless in any way, one solution is to 'tie down' others so that they don't get in our way. It accomplishes this by being viciously critical of others, demoralizing them and stopping them in their tracks. When we see this process in someone else, we might interpret everything they say as criticism." (Si or Ni would apply here).

The seventh like this: "Another way to respond to being controlled is to set double-binding traps. Usually a significant part of someone's humor is about this process. We often distrust others when they are using this process." (Se or Ne would apply here).

And finally, the eighth like this: "This is the most amoral of all the cognitive processes in our head, and a person's definition of evil is usually about this process. Often our most painful/traumatizing experiences in life involve this process. This process is often an empty vessel where society pours its influence. Long lasting hatreds also reside here. Most uses of this process are either awkward and painful, or completely phony and banal. If two people trigger the 8th process in each other, they often bring out the worst in each other." (Ti would apply here).

Can you relate to those placements of your functions?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Almost everyone wants to belong.. more people than they would know. My dearest INTJ had a haunting sense of wanting to belong.

Or, being data-driven. As with Se or Te. Well, not that much with Se. But, validation can be emotional or data-driven. Can't tell either way unless you tell more.

This can happen for anyone. I've heard T have more hard time with it.

Thinking about the future? Ni much yes?

STJ, NTJ, ISTJ, something with TJ. Or, alternative explanation: if you want to know before more than you want to control, it's hardcore Ni-Ti .. but wait, that's not an MBTI type.. but Ni-Te is.
could it be you feel the need for control but you accept you can't have that quite yet? Does this seem INTJ to you?
On the other hand, the standard explanation would favor INFJ. Ni-Fe is am MBTI type as well, whereas Ni-Ti is not a type whatsoever.

My childhood was filled with lots of imagination. Anytime I was allowed to go off into my own little world made me happy. I was a lonely child but my imagination rarely left me alone. I have bits of memory but how it made feel burns bright to this day. Does a child's imagination seem imaginative because she's a child, or because the person is so focused she sees imaginative moments as out of place?

So you think alot but eventually discard plans. P.

P

Not very systematic, scientific or thoughtful. NFP

SJ ruled out

does not sound like the thoughts of a systemizer. S is here, or NF, but not SJ.

Fi-Ne. Or, Se. It's INFP or maybe ISFP.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the validation is more emotional. It's why I was curious if I was truly Fi since I would compromise myself or downplay my feelings to keep peace and to stay in good favor with people. Then I would feel I was being fake and not true to myself so I'd be hard on myself. I'm thinking maybe it's more a self esteem issue than a MBTI thing.

I'm beginning to see I might be more future oriented than I thought. I can see where things are headed and don't get why others don't see it, except with murder mysteries. I never figure out the killer. Back when I was really addicted to shopping I would analyze every purchase. If I get this than how am I going to compensate the money and figure a plan to get it and not be broke.

So you think alot but eventually discard plans.
Yep! It's my worst habit by far. I get an impulsive urge and do the opposite of everything I planned. :dry: