User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I read some of your posts and you don't seem as INFP as I originally thought. Elimination is probably my best method in this case, since I've known several INFPs quite well, but have less contact with INFJs.

Offhand, I would recommend reading the borderline descriptions of INFJ: ENFJ, ISFJ, and INTJ. If those are more like you than the INFP borderline types, it might mean progress. This is advice based on personal experience and observation, not necessarily a book.

heart on fire

Sade, what is your initial reaction to the following quote from Kiddo an INFJ board member:

And as far as the analogy goes, I was saying that individuals will never stop being who they are by adapting different perceptions, values, beliefs, etc. when they encounter different times, environment, situations, etc. because individuals never lose their original perceptions, values, beliefs, etc.

In other words, a hare is no less a hare by turning white in the winter. It was a brown hare at one point and it can be a brown hair again.

MBTI
    INFP

What is ":rolli:"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I read some of your posts and you don't seem as INFP as I originally thought. Elimination is probably my best method in this case, since I've known several INFPs quite well, but have less contact with INFJs.

Offhand, I would recommend reading the borderline descriptions of INFJ: ENFJ, ISFJ, and INTJ. If those are more like you than the INFP borderline types, it might mean progress. This is advice based on personal experience and observation, not necessarily a book.
    You took the time to do that? Thank you.
    I think the ENFJ fits better than ENFP for one thing, I noticed that quite some time ago. I tried to go through the rest, but they simply weren't like me enough to hold interest. For one thing I find INTJs more understandable than INTPs. (sorry..)

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Sade, what is your initial reaction to the following quote from Kiddo an INFJ board member:
    Initial reaction? That it's true and nicely put, pretty flow of language. Second reaction is analycing. Eriksson's and other personality theories pop into my head. How the personality comes to be, atleast for an adult the quote would be true. And Evolution theory too to boot, since I'm a Biology major. (Waiting for my brown fur to grow back. Bunch of white blotches still here.)

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    What is ":rolli:"?
    I suppose so. I just hate it when people come later complaining to me about stuff I've tried to warn them about before.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Okay. I would now bet $20 that you're INFJ.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    Initial reaction? That it's true and nicely put, pretty flow of language. Second reaction is analycing. Eriksson's and other personality theories pop into my head. How the personality comes to be, atleast for an adult the quote would be true. And Evolution theory too to boot, since I'm a Biology major. (Waiting for my brown fur to grow back. Bunch of white blotches still here.)

If you think it's true and nicely put, I feel pretty safe in placing my vote for INFJ over INFP, I think most Fi folks gag to think of altering their values to suit the moral mood of the moment.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    GRRRRRR NO DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!!!!

Learn the functions!

or look here: INFJ or INFP? a closer look

or read BWs profiles:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...p-profile.html
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...j-profile.html

I think BWs profiles are the best, but it takes a while to read them.
    besides the fact that dissonance has a problem with his caps lock key, he makes a good point. functions tell all.

also, dont trust the tests, they generally suck
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Okay. I would now bet $20 that you're INFJ.
    20$, I think that's good, but it depends only on whether you're cheap or not when betting.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If you think it's true and nicely put, I feel pretty safe in placing my vote for INFJ over INFP, I think most Fi folks gag to think of altering their values to suit the moral mood of the moment.
    I've been trying to think of a way to answer that. I ques all I can say is that I don't really alter them they just aren't well defined and flex. For my defence But really, I truly think the quote is true, people change themselves, I do too, but the thing at the bottom doesn't really change. Only the point of view and surroundings. Yes, I'm the type to sneak in to see a movie without paying if no one notices.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    besides the fact that dissonance has a problem with his caps lock key, he makes a good point. functions tell all.

also, dont trust the tests, they generally suck
    I thought the caps lock was amusing.
    I know I'm a bit biased on somethings in the tests, and the results are completely dependent on my answers so.. mistakes happen. I know my Si sucks.
    I've been having this feeling now that I've over looked the INFJ profile partly because it seems so mundane, except the parts where someone has decided to throw in some weird things. Mystic my arse. There've been some stuff in the INFP profile that have made me go, yes, I've done that! At some point after figuring it out, and later after remembering that there's such a thing. even before my ventures into mbti land..

I'm going to go through the functions properly now..

I think I'm going to change my type into infj for now, since I've gotten some evidence on my hunch from here. And thank you for all for now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

good idea. your functions would be as follows: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

remember, Ni and Si, though very different work in a very similar fashion, Fe vs. Te, Ti vs Fi, Se vs Ne, and so on
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by sade View Post
    20$, I think that's good, but it depends only on whether you're cheap or not when betting.
    I don't gamble, so that's a big bet. I often place theoretical wagers in my rhetoric to display my confidence.