• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionare to type me. Am i ISxP or INxP?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Below is a summary of how I use the functions. Feel free to comment on the functions. (You can ether just read the functions sum up or the questionare if reading both is too long for you)

.Se
I can at times enjoy physical activity such as running, hiking, painting e.t.c even though I am not good at anything physical.

Even though it is not my natural inclination I can be observant of the environment at times

When I am very angry I start throwing things around and hitting things.

.Ni
I like to look to the future and see myself doing something. I have always wanted except for a brief time during my teen years to be a scientist and author both of which I still plan to do in the future.

I am able to recognise symbolic themes in literature.

I sometimes get strong gut feelings that something is "rotten in Demark" so to speak. For example in school when I was 5-6 years old I was able to connect the dots and determine that Santa doesn't exist via seeing a Christmas card with Santa in a shop collecting merchandise. Another example is that one time I had a strong feeling by the vibes a married couple were giving off that they would divorce soon and on two occasions I had that feeling I was right twice.

.Ne

I often make connections between two things that may not be obvious at first glance. For example I was stuck in traffic with my family at a road works then I blurted out that they were "running the treadmill". This means I saw them as not doing any work but they looked like they were working like someone on a treadmill isn't actually getting anywhere but they look like they are using lots of energy.

. I like to ask and debate questions and what ifs such as what if there was more than two genders and how this would effect society. I also love speculating what happened after and before a film or book.

. When I explain something I often use metaphors and analogies to help both myself and the other person understand what I am trying to explain.

.Si

I have a sentimental side when it comes to the past. For example I got overwhelmed with emotion and memories when I see photos of my old school.

I like to have some sense of routine and stability in my day to day life. It can affect my mood and general feeling when I feel out of routine.

I have a good memory for details. People are often shocked when I remember something from years ago but this is somewhat selective as I would say I have a good long term memory but bad short term memory. For example I often put something down then forget where I put it then after a couple of hours remember where I put it.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I am a 19 years old male that is currently in a neutral state of mind. I have no mental disorders that i know of and i am not going through any stressful times.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. Flickr: Page Not Found (Link not working)

This is a very appealing photo with the northern lights. I start wondering what the closest possible to the equator it is for them to occur. Next i am thinking that it looks like something primitive people would be in awe and frightened off at the same time due to its mystery. The picture overall has a outworldy vibe as along with the northern lights and the strange colour and lighting there is a fire in the foreground which looks like a hole into hell. I also like the lights in the background as this shows how tough humans are as event though this place is a literal outworld to most people with the coldness they can live and thrive there. This photo reminds me of what you might see in a sci fi film.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

On the inside i would be annoyed and angry as i would really be looking forward to the concert but on the outside i would try and stay calm and logical especially if i was the most senior person there so i could keep things sane so to speak. I would start cracking jokes to ease the situation and then hope for the best that someone has mechanical knowledge as to me working on a car would be very difficult. I would try to calm down anyone who started getting angry, panicking, anxious e.t.c. I would then phone for someone to come pick us up if the attempt to fix the car is a failure.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the after party that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would hate this as i am not a fan of parties and i would be worn out after the concert. However i would be concerned that the driver would not follow their promise to not drink or do drugs so i would probably tag along if they will be driving any of my other friends to make sure they are safe. Otherwise i would want to go home and sleep to recharge myself.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I wouldn't really care and in fact see it as a chance to engage in interesting conversion with said person. I would be curious to see why they think that way and engage in debate with then. If they had interesting things to say then i would be having a lot of fun exploring alternative perspectives and perhaps even changing my views if they impress me. There are some statements that would annoy me slightly if they are illogical (One person once said the stars were the souls of dead people and i said blankly "they are balls of molten gas" as i was not impressed with their romantic view of the world). On the other hand immoral but clever and funny statements i find fun to debate.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would see it as a chance to see a new perspective on life and build myself as a person. However i can be lothe to give up on some things that are familiar to me. For example i dont like having my habits changed as routine gives me comfort to some extent.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
My most important values are to be correct, be logical, be kind and respectful to others and make sure that i am constantly progressing in life. These values have just always been the way i am with no real reason why i think that way.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

What distinguishes me from most people is that I am less in the moment and outgoing than most people my age. I also have been described as being imaginative and speculative yet down to earth and practical which i can be ether depending on the environment i am in.

If i was to change one thing about myself is that i wish i had better people skills and more confidence in myself socially.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I always listen to gut feelings i get as quite often logic cannot explain everything. For example i find it is sometimes best to just pick what you think is the best first thing. I however dont let them control me fully as i also like to keep my options open.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

What energies me is conversing about politics, science. I love discussing possible political scenarios like possible wars, alternative history, what if x happened and so on. In general l like talking about speculative topics. I am a nuisance to watch films with as i am always asking the people i am with what i think and what they thought happened before and after the film and what would happen if X was changed. . I also get a kick from achievement. For example it makes me happy when i get good grades or praise from others and i also feel good if i can help someone as i feel honoured to do so.

What drains me is engaging in boring and mundane chores (busy work, cleaning, e.t.c) but they can be comforting in times of stress however. I also find both prolonged alone time and social time draining and i am drained when i debate with someone who uses excessive emotional,idealistic and feel good arguments. I also find prolonged lectures boring.

10. What do you repress about your outward behaviour or internal thought process when around others? Why?

When around certain people who are not interested in speculation i find i dont discuss such topics. I also tend to repress my more sensitive side as i am afraid that people will make fun of me and see me as a weakling.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You strike me as an XNTP. INTP?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I am XNTP then both could be possible but leaning towards INTP as I enjoy my lone time and plus I would say that Si over Fe for me. Any other suggestions to find my type. By the way where did you get the XNTP impression from. I must show some combo of Ti and Ne through the thread.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello. I have to go, but these are just two samples that struck xntp to me.

What energies me is conversing about politics, science. I love discussing possible political scenarios like possible wars, alternative history, what if x happened and so on. In general l like talking about speculative topics. I am a nuisance to watch films with as i am always asking the people i am with what i think and what they thought happened before and after the film and what would happen if X was changed. . I also get a kick from achievement. For example it makes me happy when i get good grades or praise from others and i also feel good if i can help someone as i feel honoured to do so.

When around certain people who are not interested in speculation i find i dont discuss such topics. I also tend to repress my more sensitive side as i am afraid that people will make fun of me and see me as a weakling.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for the insight. You have helped me narrow down my type

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What drains me is engaging in boring and mundane chores (busy work, cleaning, e.t.c) but they can be comforting in times of stress however.

This sounds a lot like inferior Te which would make you either an INFP or an ISFP. What do you think?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I lean more towards INFP as stereotypicaly at least it seems that dom/aux Se users are according to what i have read aware of the environment and well coordinated while i am very clumsy (I drop things, walk into things and always seem to get in peoples way when i stand around as I zone out.). I not sure if i use Ne/Si or Se/Ni so i could possibly be a ISFP with weak Se and high Ni. Any other hints to help find my real type

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I lean more towards INFP as stereotypicaly at least it seems that dom/aux Se users are according to what i have read aware of the environment and well coordinated while i am very clumsy (I drop things, walk into things and always seem to get in peoples way when i stand around as I zone out.). I not sure if i use Ne/Si or Se/Ni so i could possibly be a ISFP with weak Se and high Ni. Any other hints to help find my real type

Se/Ne are quite similar but work in opposite directions. Se says "what is" and Ne says "what it can be" or "what if". Ne "shifts" reality if you will.
Beware the word "possibilities" as it is a concept that many attribute to Ne. All functions have their types of possibilities. Se looks for what can be done based on present circumstance. Ne hypothesizes what can be done, but not relating to the limits of the "now".
Ie. Macgyver istp: Using ti+se combo to use the best of what is currently available.
xntp types would be like Leonardo Da Vinci or Daedalus, starting out with a hypothesis removed from the current circumstance ie. "what if man could fly?" They work toward that possibility.
They are cognitive functions, not abilities. In know many Estp's that are clumsy and many intj's that are quite adept at the physical. It's all a matter of what is focused on (What if's/What is...)

I said Ti for you because you said you valued truth and logic. Do you value it for the truth and logic in and of itself? Or do you see it as a tool to gain results?

Quick Example:
Ti/Fe :This is logically consistent to me (Ti), but what value do others place on it (Fe)? [This is stupid, I don't want to go along with it]
Te/Fi :This way gets results and is efficient (Te), but is it the right thing to do (Fi)? [The end justify the means]

Vice Versa

Fe/Ti: Well, if everyone agrees with this, I guess it's fine (Fe), but I just don't know about this (Ti)
Fi/Te: This is the right thing to do (Fi), I know this is not productive, but still (Te)

Here's a source if my explanation wasn't clear (probably not). Typologycentral Wiki

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From the above description I'm not sure which fits better Se or Ne but I would say Se as my ideas tend to be more based on reality as opposed to unrealistic possibilities. My ideas are more "could we power a lamp with energy from food or could we reduce disease spread using door handles that secrete alcohol gel or we could use VR sets to help make treadmills more interesting" but I do get some Ne ideas (at least the way you describe it) such as "If we could get rid of boredom somehow via chemicals then the boring work would get done far faster" and "What if we could change the weather using a device to suck the clouds out of the sky".

I would say I value logic and truth as a type of internal compass. Basically I value truth and logic for itself as I relate to the internal logical framework that Ti seems to be about. The Ti/Fe example above seems to fit the most for me.

Your explanations are very informative by the way.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From the above description I'm not sure which fits better Se or Ne but I would say Se as my ideas tend to be more based on reality as opposed to unrealistic possibilities. My ideas are more "could we power a lamp with energy from food or could we reduce disease spread using door handles that secrete alcohol gel or we could use VR sets to help make treadmills more interesting" but I do get some Ne ideas (at least the way you describe it) such as "If we could get rid of boredom somehow via chemicals then the boring work would get done far faster" and "What if we could change the weather using a device to suck the clouds out of the sky".

I would say I value logic and truth as a type of internal compass. Basically I value truth and logic for itself as I relate to the internal logical framework that Ti seems to be about. The Ti/Fe example above seems to fit the most for me.
This screams Ne to me. Ne possibilities don't really have to be unrealistic, just not based on the moment. I'd say xntp for you. But what drives you more? Your possibilities or your internal logic?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would say my internal logic drives me before possibilities. Just out of curiosity but I noticed you list yourself as SP type. What would Se possibilities look like. If you have time could you also explain Ni and Si as well as I am curious.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Intp. SP possibilities would me in the moment like sculpting, carving, makeshift tools and weapons. Ne can do the same thing; it all depends how it starts. I saw this in PerC that sums it up well. An Se/Ni says "If I combine A and B, I get C". Or "D and F, I get G". Ne/Si starts off and says "I want C. so what could I do to get that result? Se acknowledges the "is" first then builds up. Ne already has a set idea, but hasn't taken the "is" in consideration yet. Think of a futurist Entp. He/She keeps touting off about how things "could be", but doesn't necessarily look at the now.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is it accurate that finding Si familiar but Ni alien further proof that I am a NP type.

By the way thanks for helping a noob find his type. I hope to see you around these parts.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That could be the case. If you are an INTP, Si is fairly present if developed enough. There's a good test on the homepage that may make you more confident in your type. Keirsey/Jung Test

No problem.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Seems you were right for me being INTP. Below are the results.

Result
Your personality type most closely matches that of
Rational
Based on the answers you have provided to the questions, we are very confident that your four letter type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
Ti > Ne > Si > Te > Ni > Fe > Se > Fi

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see any reason to doubt INTP. The Si you described in the OP is definitely a tertiary Si.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It seems that solidifies me being an INTP