• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I kind of a rude INFP ? Or I mistyped myself ? Help please !

KalandreL

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi :)

Sorry if I have a bad English, it's because I'm French. So, I know the MBTI since two years now and I have often mistyped myself. As an ENTJ, an ENFP, I finally thought I was an INFJ. Because I'm most likely an introvert, who has great dreams, makes decisions with her feelings but knows how to deal with reality. However, I learnt about cognitive functions. Then, I discover the importance of Fe in the INFJ type and it was not myself at all. So, I thought INTJ was definitely myself because of the importance of logic and the superiority. Seriously, I was lost as hell. I quickly felt that it was not me.

A few days ago, I took a serious test to find my real cognitive functions. I read each description and I found the perfect set of functions : Fi Ne Si Te. So, I would be an INFP. I read the description of the INFP and it fits me very well except for the fact that I don't want to see the best in people. I mean I'm not as kind as a typical INFP would be. I have been really kind in my childhood but people were so mean with me. I think it's why I developed Te really quickly. Now I'm really kind as long as you don't hurt me. I follow my feelings but I can be very logic and realistic and I tend to feel superior when I see the bad side of people. By bad side, I don't mean your lack of talents but the mean things you do. So I would be a rude INFP ? I used to be a very kind girl who did nothing mean to people but now I feel like I learnt about reality and I'm motivated when it comes to do great things in order to prove that some people are mean and wrong. I'm like a cute kitten who looks weak but just try me and I become the perfect devil. I know perfectly how to say no or how to defend myself. I can add that I am naturally a good leader even though I am never the one who decided to take responsibilities (I hate most of this stuff but most of people think I deal perfectly with that) :dry: Plus, when I think something is like this or like that, I won't change my opinion if you have no good arguments or if you are completely under the pressure of your feelings. I usually get things done and I like to make my dreams become reality.

But I don't think I'm an INTJ because I'm too sensitive and I'm comfortable with my own feelings, I love books and music more than sciences and logic stuff. I'm intense, full of dreams and thoughts, I have many mood swings and generally I'm fun and smiling (even though I'm an introvert)

Is it strange ? Did I mistype myself again ? Please help me :unsure:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs, from what I understand, sees society and the world from the angle of internal values and moralistic worldview. This is how Fi-doms operate, not necessarily because they believe themselves to be superior to others, but because they defend their values so much so. I don't think you're a rude INFP, but you should definitely try and work on the whole 'putting yourself in the other person's shoes' thing. Why are people mean? I cannot answer that, but it is definitely more complex than the world being divided between members of a virtuous temperament and evil people. Some people just have had a rotten day and unfortunately took it out on you. :D Nobody's fault, honestly, it just happens.

KalandreL

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs, from what I understand, sees society and the world from the angle of internal values and moralistic worldview. This is how Fi-doms operate, not necessarily because they believe themselves to be superior to others, but because they defend their values so much so. I don't think you're a rude INFP, but you should definitely try and work on the whole 'putting yourself in the other person's shoes' thing. Why are people mean? I cannot answer that, but it is definitely more complex than the world being divided between members of a virtuous temperament and evil people. Some people just have had a rotten day and unfortunately took it out on you. :D Nobody's fault, honestly, it just happens.
Oh I never considered people were either black or white in their mind ! That's somewhat strange but I like it when I see my enemy crying, it shows me that he/she has feelings as well. I understand many people but there's a minority that I don't want to understand because it's like they refuse to be kind or natural. But I understand what you mean ! I have done bad things as well, usually not to people, but I also have my bad side. But now I'm sure I'm an INFP :)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From experience, kind isn't a word I would use to describe most INFPs. A better word would be soft.

Don't rely on type descriptions to find your type. It's all about the functions. Study your functions and dissect your thought process. INFPs often mistype as INxJ and ENFP, so it makes sense that you are now coming to the conclusion of INFP.

yoliyoli

Nerm nerm nerm it kind of seems as if you're an ISFJ to me? People are going to get mad because I've seemed to type everyone as that but here's my reasoning:

I used to be a very kind girl who did nothing mean to people but now I feel like I learnt about reality and I'm motivated when it comes to do great things in order to prove that some people are mean and wrong.
Why do you have to prove it? Don't you just know? INFPs wouldn't be that aggressive. They'd just be like, they're mean and that's it. Nothing I can do about it. But ISFJs, on the other hand, obsess over others' feelings to the point of weirdness. It's how they base their worldview.

Also this:

Oh I never considered people were either black or white in their mind ! That's somewhat strange but I like it when I see my enemy crying, it shows me that he/she has feelings as well.
With Ti, ISFJs tend to consider people more morally complex than would an Fi. They dissect them to bits and figure out their true emotions. Fi goes, nah don't feel like it and truly sees things in black and white due to its moral superiority. (As in, the people who possess it think they're morally superior when they're really not. They just feel things.) Fe and Ti break it down and turn it into motivations whereas Fi just goes, okay. They feel things. Are they me? No. Not me. Okay, bye. But they can operate similarly (i.e. Ti+Fe and Fi) as they break things down into morally complex ideas. Without Fe, Ti would be lost. It would be all ideals without a face. Without Fi, Te wouldn't know how to execute its plans. It's like that.

You might want to do some reading here. It shows a more positive look of ISFJs. Adventurously Frustrated

This too. 50 Quotes That Every ISFJ Will Instantly Relate To | Thought Catalog

ISFJ personality types are sensitive to the emotions of others. They can intuit anger, frustration, grief, and other feelings, and will often dedicate themselves to helping people overcome them. ISFJs tend to build associations between the interactions they have with people during their lives. For them, these associations add to a constantly growing storehouse of interpersonal knowledge that they can tap as a resource when serving others. ISFJs are partially driven to nurture the people around them because they tend to believe that there is intrinsic value within every person.

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nerm nerm nerm it kind of seems as if you're an ISFJ to me? People are going to get mad because I've seemed to type everyone as that

ISFJs get mistyped INFP a lot so I can see where you are coming from. Plus aren't SJs more common?

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Age is one of many important factors in typing. How old are you?

yoliyoli

@ Perfectly Imperfect: Yes they are. That's where I was going with that. I like to keep my sensors even. Hmm, but let's keep going.

Abjection

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Embrace the liminal state. Become the experiment.

Then you may proceed to type yourself.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm an INFP and I don't always see the best in people, honestly because i'm human sometimes people piss me the fuck off. that being said i'm more likely to see good in a person that most others don't. that i don't judge people based on the fact whether or not their acting how society has determined them too. some people are weird as fuck but still good people. some people appear super normal but are fucking evil. some people are weird as fucking and fucking evil. some people appear super normal but still good. the point is we can't know and no infp is a saint or a good two shoe.

SodaDrops

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many of you guys's assessments are too colored by Enneagram based assumptions. Fi is always described in such a 1ish and 4 ish way, which is not always the case.

INFPs, from what I understand, sees society and the world from the angle of internal values and moralistic worldview. This is how Fi-doms operate, not necessarily because they believe themselves to be superior to others, but because they defend their values so much so.

Not exactly. I make decisions based off my values, but I don't perceive the world in terms of whether or not they're followed. On the contrary of fiercely defending them, I'd find that mature Fi users out of anyone would understand that everyone has their own subjective values - that their own don't apply to everyone and shouldn't.

Oh I never considered people were either black or white in their mind ! That's somewhat strange but I like it when I see my enemy crying, it shows me that he/she has feelings as well.

INFPs rarely see the world in black and white, or at least not the ones I know (myself included) simply because a majority of people don't.

Why do you have to prove it? Don't you just know? INFPs wouldn't be that aggressive. They'd just be like, they're mean and that's it. Nothing I can do about it. But ISFJs, on the other hand, obsess over others' feelings to the point of weirdness. It's how they base their worldview.

It's not fair to argue that OP might not be an INFP just because they're willing to prove people wrong. Inferior Te might make it more likely for INFPs to be more complacent than other types, but again, behavior is more Enneagram. Being non-confrontational and avoiding action is more of a 9 thing. Wanting to prove yourself right is more of a 1 thing.

Fe is aware of other people and the dynamics between them, but not all Fe users necessarily care. There is such thing as Fe-dom's or aux's who are SO blind, which is where we get the manipulative ENFJ villains who get mistyped as xNTJ's (because all evil people are xNTJS, duh.)

Fi goes, nah don't feel like it and truly sees things in black and white due to its moral superiority. (As in, the people who possess it think they're morally superior when they're really not. They just feel things.) Fe and Ti break it down and turn it into motivations whereas Fi just goes, okay. They feel things. Are they me? No. Not me. Okay, bye.

Again, reiterating that Fi users are able to empathize with others and recognize that their own subjective value system is not the
value system to follow. Only conceited people are unable to see that if everyone thinks something different, their way of thinking is absolutely not the "chosen way" out of billions. This conviction of uniqueness is a(n immature) 4 thing.

I know you're pretty sure you're an INFP [MENTION=29665]KalandreL[/MENTION] , but look into looping and gripping. Sometimes if the dominant function becomes hard to distinguish (such as if you're in between ENFP and INFP), recognizing how you grip becomes useful because functions come in pairs. Looping and gripping could also make you come off as a different type.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What you mean am ? All infps are rude ! They live by the meaning: attack is the best defense, so that nobody ever sees what nice persons they are :)