User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ISTJ or INTJ?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie
    And that was not all. His intrest in sports and strategy within it, developed further until he found his profession, he had grown unbelievably professional at. Chess. I once played a game against him and I got so bored after the first two rounds, because he was waiting between moves for like 5 hours *lol*. I quit the game after the second round, because I had drunk my beer that fast that I could forfeit.
    Sorry if I'm interrupting, but for this part did you mean the INTJ did this? Why do you think that was the case?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Sorry if I'm interrupting, but for this part did you mean the INTJ did this? Why do you think that was the case?
    Yea the INTJ. Well I do not know why exactly, his intrest in chess came out of nowhere as it seemed by the time.

I wanted to point out by that that he was using intuition by finding new intrests in his main intrests and starting to get intrested in them. He was always into sports and its rules and strategies but he really was never into board or card games.

So I draw the connection there: while I as an Ne really do never miss it to get to know a new way of seeing the world, thinking, opportunity for change or to put it briefly a new card game. He did the same, but with Ni and that was highly specialized in his field of intrest. What brought him to draw out of his intrest in sport strategies and all sorts of sports aswell a new relation, to become a professional chess player.

These are all just assumptions, tho. And it is describing the process, while Intuition is not really an explanation for the process, more for how he was perceiving things.

But I am really the world's last person to talk to, when it comes to the INJ psyche
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Harratus View Post
    I've just taken a cognitive processes test that seems to indicate that I am an ISTJ. The "normal" tests always show that I am an INTJ. The problem I have is that I don't know how to answer a certain type of question like "You feel more comfortable sticking to conventional ways". I tend to stick to conventional ways, because if they are still used today, they must have some merit. If I decide it doesn't work as well as it should, I usually find a new and better way with little difficulty. I enjoy solving problems and "fixing" things, but only if I feel it's worth the effort. So does this mean I'm more S or N?
    Here are a few reliable tests:

Thomson-Maidenbaum Personality Inventory

Discordia Inc.

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

The "conventional" question is definitely them trying to discover if you're more S or more N, but I don't think it's a well-asked question because while I typically don't care what the conventional way of doing things is, sometimes I'd rather not bother reinventing the wheel, so I will find out what the conventional way is for doing whatever... but not because I'm an S.

Come back and let us know the results of the 3 tests.
    The discordia one is really awesome because it's hard to skew it.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Here are a few reliable tests:

Thomson-Maidenbaum Personality Inventory

Discordia Inc.

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

The "conventional" question is definitely them trying to discover if you're more S or more N, but I don't think it's a well-asked question because while I typically don't care what the conventional way of doing things is, sometimes I'd rather not bother reinventing the wheel, so I will find out what the conventional way is for doing whatever... but not because I'm an S.

Come back and let us know the results of the 3 tests.
    The discordia one is really awesome because it's hard to skew it.
    Mom, you referred him to Humanmetrics. I think there is a consensus that it's one of the worst when it comes to the arguments being made here. The other two are extremely good, but at some point people are going to realize that determining one's type takes self-analylsis and there are no quick fixes to this determination than anything else in life.

Well here is my sale for the umteenth time. If you are attempting to determine your type, the fail proof system is to determine your core temperament. If anyone is struggling with knowing their core temperament, then they're just mentally lazy. However keep in mind that you do prefer a dominant and secondary temperament. Here is the test that I generally refer people to. The test should be taken as though you are at work or with people, not as alone as other tests instruct. But even after you become comfortable with your core temperament, you still have to determine your best fit type where as I consider the interaction style to be most helpful.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ?";327200]Mom, you referred him to Humanmetrics. I think there is a consensus that it's one of the worst when it comes to the arguments being made here. The other two are extremely good, but at some point people are going to realize that determining one's type takes self-analylsis and there are no quick fixes to this determination than anything else in life.

Well here is my sale for the umteenth time. If you are attempting to determine your type, the fail proof system is to determine your core temperament. If anyone is struggling with knowing their core temperament, then they're just mentally lazy. However keep in mind that you do prefer a dominant and secondary temperament. Here is the [URL="http://www.notjustapaycheck.com/careerstrength.html
    test[/URL] that I generally refer people to. The test should be taken as though you are at work or with people, not as alone as other tests instruct. But even after you become comfortable with your core temperament, you still have to determine your best fit type where as I consider the interaction style to be most helpful.
    I was unfamiliar with anyone else's opinion of the humanmetrics test.
    It's one of my favorites. I've been using it for many years.
    I like it because I believe its length reduces the margin of error.
    Surely NO TEST available on the internet is 100% accurate 100% of the time.
    I doubt if even the professionally administered ones are either.
    The test results are just to get a person pointed in the correct general direction.
    Even after a person receives their results, they should still use their own intelligence and self-understanding to verify that the type description actually describes them to at least 85% accuracy.

I just took the test you linked.
    I see that it is a product of Linda Berens.
    I don't care for her work, but I did come out INTJ, though.

MBTI
    INTJ

how do you tell if your infj or intj?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

INFJ

MBTI
    INTJ

Even though it was a "fruit", not an apple, the first thing that came to mind with the apple was "Adam and Eve"..
    What a waste of life..