• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverted ENTP?

mollyowens

MBTI Type
ENTP
There are different kinds of Extroverts, and the ENTP is probably the most reserved of all on average. I could say more, but I refuse.

I second the thanks for this thread! I never realized how many reserved ENTPs there were out there.

Nobody would have EVER described me as extroverted when I was growing up, but I find myself very externally focused. If I'm not expressive in a certain situation, it's usually because I can tell that saying what I think is not going to go over well. I also can be found withdrawing from some social situations--usually when the people around me strike me as overly conventional, judgmental, or unimaginative. There have been many times when I've found being around other people exhausting, but it has more to do with the effort of trying to fit in, rather than the social stimulation itself.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="qK_JfNlNSTk"]Comptine d'un autre ete[/YOUTUBE]

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
ZiL said:
I only realized I was indeed an extravert recently, and the above is definitely part of that realization - I will withdraw in "hostile" environments, but I don't enjoy withdrawing. I want to be in the action, and when I can't find an inroad I get frustrated.
ZiL said:
To experiment, I'd say try to make yourself go out and do some extra activities and talk to more people and see how you react.

On that, I can relate to the 'being on the action' thing. But on the other hand, I grow tired of social interaction easily. I can stand online socialization very well because I can 'stop' when I feel like I need a rest. I like talking to other people (while they have something interesting to say), but I need to do things on my own frequently.

mollyowens said:
There have been many times when I've found being around other people exhausting, but it has more to do with the effort of trying to fit in, rather than the social stimulation itself.

That makes me think that if I could find people more like me, I could stand social interaction better. But with my friends, despite being nice and those things that mean by considering them 'friends', I just can't feel like I fit in. Maybe that's why I get tired and bored easily.

[YOUTUBE="qK_JfNlNSTk"]Comptine d'un autre ete[/YOUTUBE]

Shsdahsfkj;. Sorry, I don't know how to express it today.
But thank you.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
That makes me think that if I could find people more like me, I could stand social interaction better. But with my friends, despite being nice and those things that mean by considering them 'friends', I just can't feel like I fit in. Maybe that's why I get tired and bored easily.

My (admittedly dickish) philosophy is that "It's hard for me to be interested in people when I'm more interesting than most people". :)

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
My (admittedly dickish) philosophy is that "It's hard for me to be interested in people when I'm more interesting than most people". :)

Yeah, maybe dickish... but sometimes I just think about the other people as very... mundane. I'd like to discuss about deeper things, meaning of life and the future, to see beyond the limits, but people seem very limited indeed.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, maybe dickish... but sometimes I just think about the other people as very... mundane. I'd like to discuss about deeper things, meaning of life and the future, to see beyond the limits, but people seem very limited indeed.

Life's too short to waste it on the mild. :headphne:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ok so this is my basic problem with the tests. when i first took a test i came out INFP and for this reason: when taking a test one is asked to introspect quite a bit and if they are not a strong extrovert they may prefer the introverted type over the extroverted type mainly because they are introspecting or "introverting" while taking the test. at least i find this to be true with only slightly extroverted types, this is, of course, completely irrelevant with extreme cases. i also find that i have a bit in common with infps. this is another reason that i generally notate types like so: XNFP. unless it is an extreme case, it doesn't make too much of a difference. this can all be explained beautifully with functions in which case the only difference between INFPs and ENFPs is a shift in function orientation towards the introverted side.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
It took me a little while to figure out I was an ENTP. I couldn't understand why it was that I wasn't enjoying my social life, but I came to the conclusion it was more of an N issue rather than my E/I. I also read a lot of type descriptions and decided that the INTP type didn't really fit me as I needed external stimulation to feel energised. It really became apparent one day during one of my uni classes when I realised I was the one asking all the questions of the lecturer as it's through discussion that I tend to learn. So for anyone who is still grappling with finding their real type, I suggest exploring how you react in various social settings and thinking about how you experience (an ENTP's favourite word!) the world.

computerdisplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTP/INTP

I personaly think this is an "issue" that has confused most of us, this could happen to any type I suppose, but I think the must vulnerable of all is ours...INTPS who have checked their type 5000 times and arent just quite sure yet, ironicaly this is part of our type description, but there are just things that we dont like about it! now, i doubt anyone of you likes the idea of "being the architect who designs but wont take the glory", "a poor leader", "the one who doesnt DO things" and while other types have representatives like "Alexander the Great", "Napoleon", "Jack Sparrow", "Sherlock Holmes" and "James Bond"...we have "JK Rowling", "Fliburt the Turtle", and the less boring...I suppose "Brian Griffin" and "Albert Einstein", you cant be a ENTP because you are not the loudest guy at the party and you actually like to read and do activities alone,you cant be an INTJ because youre not a rutinary person,you obviously cant be a ISTP because youre a theoretical individual, and T seems to be obvious...(I dont mean these are FACTS...but maybe it has been through your head) so...why have we been described as lasy thinkers destined to sit on their butts for the rest of their lifes? maybe the descriptions are wrong? maybe we are a new race of untypable humans or something? I personaly think that the MBTI is a subject with a lot of holes...for example...I dont buy the percentages on population of each type on the web...

E and I are probably the hardest letters to define...on any type

ISTP/ESTP are incredibly alike, as they grow to adulthood they become even more similar, for instance.

I read on an essay that INTJ´s, if life was like chess, would play by the standard rules, making strategic moves, ENTJ´s would also play standard, but wanting to move the other player´s game too...ENTP´s would change the rules for his advantage and claim the old ones where wrong, while the INTPs would change the rules, find out they are not able to do so...and ask to start the game afresh...(see??)

I recommend looking for "enneagramss" in typology, Ive heard it can make a ENTP totally diferent from another kind of ENTP....sounds interesting doesnt it?

royompiscus

MBTI Type
ENtj
Enneagram
Read around my back issues heh, you'll see I've had much the same story. I've overcome the social anxiety now and am more easily recognizable as a true extravert, but even just 5 years ago you wouldn't have imagined I was the same person. And yeah, it was mainly social anxiety. I preferred being away from people only BECAUSE I had no social skills, so things went wrong. It wasn't because solitude genuinely recharged and energized me like it does for an introvert.

Hi. I've also had a bout with social anxiety, which seemed strange since I was an ENTP. Lately tho, I can't help but think about how rare NT's and NF's are. Did you deal with anything like that? like I've made huge progress, but something's still missing. I just can't get over the feeling that I'm WAY different than most people. Also, I live in a small town in Alabama, which is like hell for an ENTP. So I automatically think that everyone here is probably the SJ, maybe SP types, with a few N's out there. But if they're still here... why are they? I know I'm getting out as soon as I can apply for financial aid as an independent.