User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: ISFP

  1. #11
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Do I know you? I try to punch all the n00bs, it's just what I do.



    Can't hide from me!

  2. #12
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Might as well get it over and done with then...

    Of course you know me didn't you read I'm the coolest ISFP on the INFJ forum.

    Don't tell anyone I'm the only one k?

  3. #13
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Myers Briggs Personality Type - Denver, Colorado - The 4 Four Temperaments

    I think that's probly my favorite, because it doesn't just ask you a long list of questions, it explains stuff as you go.
    Haven't seen that one yet. Will take it too.


    Welcome to the forum, Quinlan!

  4. #14
    soft and silky sarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    isfp
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Hi there I'm Quinlan, I usually post on the INFJs forum where I'm the coolest ISFP there, wicked! Anyway at least I think I'm ISFP, for a while there I thought I was an INTJ or INFJ, is this possible?

    So how can you tell if you're ISFP, what are their defining characteristics?

    How do you spot one?

    Cheers.
    You can't just spot one. We're so versatile we can look like anything we feel like at any given moment.

    Actually, I think the link Jeffster posted was the best I've ever run across too. They are exerpts from a book by Dr. Linda Berens, who is a highly respected type theorist (and former student of temperament theorist David Keirsey). If you haven't read any of the Berens/Nardi books on psychological type, I highly recommend them. Amazon.com sells them, and they're inexpensive.

    I know how it is to not be certain for a long time what your bet type fit really is. I thought I was an NF for several years, because that is the most common result I got when I took type tests, but it was finally reading the Berens books that made me able to see the SP (Artisan/Improvisor) temperament pattern in me.

    Sarah
    ps: Welcome!

  5. #15
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Thanks guys, I'm glad to come across some fellow ISFPs.

    I wonder why we are prone to type as NFs? I've read that a lot of the stereotypical SP traits are tempered in the ISFP, which might be a reason.

  6. #16
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm glad to come across some fellow ISFPs.

    I wonder why we are prone to type as NFs? I've read that a lot of the stereotypical SP traits are tempered in the ISFP, which might be a reason.
    Probably because of that "Introverted Feeling" thing. It causes us to do more of that "identity seeking" than any of the other SPs so we can appear NF to people who don't get to know us well. The truth is we are "sensation seeking" but we sorta check the sensation impulses against our internal values and who we are as people. At least that's the way I've interpreted the stuff I've read. We're like the SPs with morals.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  7. #17
    soft and silky sarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    isfp
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Probably because of that "Introverted Feeling" thing. It causes us to do more of that "identity seeking" than any of the other SPs so we can appear NF to people who don't get to know us well. The truth is we are "sensation seeking" but we sorta check the sensation impulses against our internal values and who we are as people. At least that's the way I've interpreted the stuff I've read. We're like the SPs with morals.

    I know I've said this a million times before, but it's so refreshing to actually hear someone articulate what I've been thinking all along! I've never gotten to actually talk with a bunch of articulate ISFPs before, and you guys have no idea how affirming this is!

    Thanks, that was beautifully said. Having strong internal values that we won't compromise on is an introverted feeling thing, and ISFPs are dom-Fi.

    By the way, have you guys seen the links to temperament and different life situations in this website (such as how SPs respond to stress, change, etc...) It's a companion site to the website type descriptions that was posted earlier. On this website, "Improviser" is the new name for the SP temperament...

    4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory

    Sarah
    ISFP

  8. #18
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    I believe my brother is an I/ESTP and we are very similar in some ways, however we end up having some amusing conversations where I have to act as his moral guide, it is the biggest difference between us.

    As ISFPs do you ever worry about "not wanting to cause a fuss" or being overly concerned about whether you're bothering someone else or not? I'm always trying to make sure that I'm not a burden, a bother or a nuisance to other people, often at my own expense. Is this common in ISFPs (if you don't mind me asking)?

  9. #19
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    By the way, have you guys seen the links to temperament and different life situations in this website (such as how SPs respond to stress, change, etc...) It's a companion site to the website type descriptions that was posted earlier. On this website, "Improviser" is the new name for the SP temperament...

    4temperaments.com -- Understanding Temperament Theory
    I'll have to check that out, thanks for the link.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    As ISFPs do you ever worry about "not wanting to cause a fuss" or being overly concerned about whether you're bothering someone else or not? I'm always trying to make sure that I'm not a burden, a bother or a nuisance to other people, often at my own expense. Is this common in ISFPs (if you don't mind me asking)?
    I dunno how common it is in ISFPs, but I do that sometimes for sure. Often I'll do or say something and worry that it didn't come out right or I've bothered somebody with it or something. I usually get over it pretty fast, but I have that initial feeling quite a bit. I always tell people to let me know straightforwardly what they think or feel about something I say or do, because I'm terrible at reading minds or getting hidden meanings, and if someone doesn't tell me what they think I can sometimes start to think they must dislike me. I used to be real bad about that, but as I've gotten older, I think I've matured some in that and it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

    I hope that helps, it was a pretty rambling answer!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  10. #20
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    No that makes a lot of sense to me. I can relate to all of it, hopefully I can mature in a similar way.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] How to make an ISFP fall in L-O-V-E
    By CzeCze in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-20-2014, 03:31 PM
  2. [ISFP] Any ISFPs?
    By alicia91 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 08:08 AM
  3. [ISFP] Other ISFPs: What do you do?
    By ChazzMichaels in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 06:22 AM
  4. [ISFP] help with an ISFP?
    By laughing dolphin in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
  5. [ISFP] Daughter's boyfriend - ISFP?
    By INTJMom in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO