• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The way my odd mind works? What do you make of this?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone who shows interest. I feel my mind works in an odd way and lately I have been curious as to what people think of it and how it compares to others.

Ever since I was a child I would escape into a fantasy world, sometimes of my own creation and sometimes I may take an existing world and play around with it. Kind of embarrassingly, I still do this as an adult. It all plays out like a vivid movie in my mind, I am very visual or I have a habit of just spacing out. I can be focused on the outside world and take in the details but I have trouble staying present and I can feel a pull to go back into my mind. I will have to kind of refocus myself to the outside world, snap myself out of it to focus. As I have gotten older, in addition to the fantasy worlds I have used this internal activity to imagine painful scenarios, fantasies of success or imagining future interactions with people I know. Again it all plays out like a vivid movie in my mind.

Also when it comes to doing hands on work, I enjoy it but I am not so good at it. When I encounter familiar problems in the outside world I tend to go with what has worked with me in the past, but a lot of my jobs have been pretty routine and if something new did come up I kind of don't care.

Also when it comes to creative work, I would say I don't have a thought process. I have a general idea, when writing I will create an outline, but I really don't know what is going to come. If I had to describe my thought process, I would say stuff just comes to me out of the darkness. Like when telling jokes, if I am allowed to just keep talking and run wild, I have no idea what I will say next and I will create characters in the spur of the moment, ask weird questions, (like wouldn't it be weird if the way to kill a demon would be just to punch it, wouldn't be ironic that something like that could just be killed so easily, like the thing could be punched by a three year old and be defeated). I will make links to subjects that in my mind make sense, but to other people it doesn't. People have asked me where I come up with this stuff and I just think/say it comes to me out of the darkness. I have no idea what is coming. When I do see the outside world I do sometimes see deeper meanings or relationships or compare them to something else unrelated, or it may trigger a memory, but with people I will pay attention to their clothes choices, word choices, behavior and look for the meaning behind those to try and figure them out and or compare them to people I have encountered before to try and gauge who they are just by observation. I do this occasionally/recently with buildings as well and as a marketing student I am intrigued by the effects aesthetics/visuals can have on a person. Again thanks to anyone who shows interest, take care.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Do ideas come to you often? Solutions to puzzling situations or problems?
Do you enjoy combining disparate concepts to see what comes out?
Do elements of your fantasy world just exist without your conscious intervention? If so, where does it come from in your opinion?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ideas do come to me, I am often pulled into my fantasy worlds, when ideas do come to me, they are often in the form of humorous scenarios, I use humor I suppose to play around with weird and goofy ideas, to play around with logic or at times I will contemplate things about why God allows this or that. As far as problems go, most of my jobs have been routine, not much room for creativity, the way to handle things have already been set up. In school I checked out a lot, I feel like I have been really withdrawn and well...asleep for most of my formative years, often retreating into myself. As far as problems go, if they are of a technical matter, I am pretty useless, my main overriding problem has been to discover or rather become aware of who I really am. It has become an obsession on some level to discover my purpose, to improve myself and work past my issues, to become aware of my true nature and to realize how I can best serve others, what is one of my unique role(s) to play to best serve. That has been my main problem. I have consumed lots of information on how to do that and different perspectives on career choice and beyond. Because of my issues in finding what I should be doing, I have been going to therapy for over a year. Which has really helped. Mainly ideas come to me when I put myself in a creative situation. Like if I sit down to write, things just come out of me or doing visual art, when I am just not trying to copy something, certain tendencies or ideas, just come out of the blackness. Or when telling jokes, I have no idea what I am going to say next, it all just comes out of the blackness. I do have a talent for metaphors and I have noticed when explaining things I tend to use metaphors as a tool to better explain my idea. For example, I was writing an essay about finding yourself, by not actively searching for it and the way I explained it was by using a metaphor of bird watching, that if you don't sit quietly and just observe the bird, being natural, you never truly know it. Or with jokes or with visual arts, like playing around with photo editor to change an image into something with qualities that don't really exist, I feel the photos are a foundation. I also enjoy doing the same thing with real world objects and at times creating a near abstract image of them, radically changing the identity or just playing around with shapes and colors. With my fantasy world, it just happens, ideas come to me for story lines, in raw form. some of it I suppose I do control some of it, but I never really know what is going to happen. Some of it, I think comes from ideas in my mind, but some of it is from things I have taken in from the outside world, but I change it to my own liking or I just change it, almost like at least sometimes the stuff I take in is just a starting point or I take it in a different direction. Everything just comes to me, I don't necessarily have a thought process when it comes to creative work, it just comes out of the darkness. Thank you for the interest and help, I appreciate it.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ne and Si, but definitely an intuitive... xNxP
Which one fits the best?

1) As a dominant function, Ne manifests as a seemingly never-ending plethora of theories, possibilities and inventive ideas that the user is constantly picking up on.
The dominant-Ne monologue: “I am swimming in an endless sea of possibilities about what to do/experience/think about next and I want to try them all.”

2) As a dominant function, Ti manifests as the constant identification of logical patterns that exist in ones external environment as well as a keen perception for any deviations from those patterns.
The dominant-Ti monologue: “I must figure out exactly how everything logistically works in relation to everything else.”

3) As a dominant function, Fi manifests as a moral compass that points its user toward the direction they ought to explore next, based on how they feel about the information at hand.
The dominant-Fi monologue:“I must decide how I feel and where I stand on these issues before coming to a conclusion about what to do.”

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thanks for the help [MENTION=21454]Annaifiwas[/MENTION] I would say Fi would fit me the best. Thanks again for the help.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=20861]Ann[/MENTION]ifiwas Thanks again for the help and your time!:happy2:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The e-type 7 is known as "the Generalist."

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=20861]Ann[/MENTION]ifiwas Thanks again for the help and your time!:happy2:

However, you should read up on the type, it's letters and functions to check if you truly do agree. Since I haven't met you in real life, my conclusion has a bigger chance for being incorrect.