• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

help me figure out my parents' types perhaps?

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yo

so I've been more and more curious as to what types my parents may be, in the past year or so
as I've become more interested in typology I've thought about my family a bit more, and why my siblings and I may be so different

so here goes.
I have four older siblings, two brothers and two sisters. my oldest sister has never told me her type but I think she's probably infj or isfj, my other sister is an intj, my oldest brother has never told me his type either but I think he's enfp or entp, and my other brother is an entj.

my mom and I are very, very different. she's very into concreteness, organization and things staying the same way forever. when I got home from school she immediately commented negatively on my appearance.
and then there's my dad, who I consider to be one of my best friends. he's hilarious, outgoing, open to new ideas and very non-judgmental and warm.
my parents are very much opposites in more ways than I can count on all of my phalanges, I swear to fuck.

my mom told me that she's always gotten different results on mbti tests, and my dad has never taken one

I usually think my mom might be istj or intj, but she could possibly be isfj with very developed te, and my dad is probably enfp or entp

I can give more examples, but does anyone have any suggestions, or can anyone relate with their families perhaps?

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yo also: would it be possible if my mom were istj that all of her children are N?

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
I don't see why not. Some people study this stuff religiously but I don't think there's much weight in it. I don't see why your mom being an sj would not be able to have children who are N

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
yeah!!!!! that's how I feel too

Ya honestly I don't think it's impossible whatsoever. Maybe more likely for n parents to have n children? But s's can definitely have n children. If it were only N people giving N kids then they would slowly die out to all the s's.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
my parents are both sjs so phew that it's possible lol (tbh still a small poss my dad might be n), my brother's the only s child too. as for your mum i was thinking s tbh and istj vs isfj sounds a little more probable for the appearance thing, but i'm not good at this.

wild guess: isfj + entp but nothing to go on with your dad besides ep tbh; enp sounding better like you suggested.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, my guess is that your mom is ISTJ and your dad is an ENFP, based on what you've wrote.

Puffypolma

Bizarre Love Triangle
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My dad is like your mom (i think he is istj or intj) and my mom is like your dad (she is entp):D

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why don't you just make them take a test?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why don't you just make them take a test?

He did, his mom kept on getting different results while his dad hasn't taken it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Your mom is probably ISTJ while your dad is an ENxP of sorts.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your mom definitely sounds like a Si-dom to me. Most likely ISTJ.
Your dad immediately struck me as ENxP, probably ENTP with well-developed Fe.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
your mom sounds like an enneagram 1. maybe a 6 fix. just based off the little info given.