I cannot figure out what my brother is! He's a patient of bipolar depressive disorder. As a child, he wasn't much different from what he is now. I do know that he's I, N, and P. Here's some stuff about him that could swing him T:
1. He's a brilliant mathematician and can talk pure logic. He's doing his PhD in some Math-blah. (does that even count?) His idea of fun is to sit down with some complex integrated calculus type book and solve through it slowly (slow for him). And I'm not exaggerating. He has a shelf of these books to pass the time.
2. He can give great advice to my mom and I (both notorious Feelers) about relationship stuff and general people skills, though...
3. ...his own people skills suck and are pretty much at the bottom of the family's.
4. He's a total cynic.
5. Ever since he was little, he's loved pulling things apart to see how they work. He pulled my Etch-a-Sketch apart (and then put it back), he pulled my mechanical pencils apart (and didn't put them back), he tried pulling all his Rock Lords and Hot Wheels apart till my very J mom caught him at it and hit the roof.
More about him. He started writing in programming languages at the age of 5. Assembly language - and slowly moved on to bigger and better stuff and wrote some neat programs.
In fact he loves to do self teaching. He's learnt how to play the guitar on his own and says he loves to perform on stage though he usually stands apart and bops his head to the music in a very Introvert way.
He's a total wannabe. He sits with people he thinks are 'cool' and ends up being like them, or wanting to be like them.
I think he might be an Introverted Feeler because:
1. He seems to live in the past.
2. He laughs or cries easily and can fly into a rage for the smallest reason. He also is moved very deeply by movies and books that stir feelings in him.
3. He's forever wishing things were 'like they used to be in the good old days' when I was still a baby and he could bully me and get away with it
4. He doesn't ask for help with his relationships but I know he needs it because he can't keep one for longer than a few weeks.
5. He likes to dabble in art and paint what he feels like and hang it on the wall, whether it's good or bad. He likes to experiment with music. He likes to experiment with photography. He flies into a rage if his experiments are laughed at.
6. He idolises my INTP dad. He says he hates the fact that my dad has no 'emotional depth' but he idolises him anyway.
7. He and my mother do NOT get along in daily life. Her J-ness drives him mad. However both of them are clearly each other's favourites (hey, I'm not the jealous sibling talking!) and my dad and I definitely do not understand that bond.
Of course, ever since he was diagnosed as manic-depressive and been on the medication, he keeps going flip-flop from cold and unaccessible to warm and horribly soppy. But I think he was more F in his childhood too.
As for how he and I get along - I'm the small sister he can bully and get away with. We do talk about serious stuff sometimes; he values my opinion on relationships and people and marvels that I am able to open up to people more easily than he is...but he generally dismisses me as unimportant and dumb
What do you think? Introverted thinker or feeler?