• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

y'all're killing me

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
making me second-guess my type yet again. smh.

Questionnaire 1

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
other people telling me they weren't fully convinced of my type

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
nothing. I am not ambitious. I just want to be happy. "Happy" for me just means being left alone to sit in my room all day and do whatever I want with no responsibilities or commitments ever. I was not born to be a great person or change the world. I was born to be a normal average person and that's what I want.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I don't know? Maybe times when I've been able to live in ignorant bliss with no responsibilities? High school summer vacations?

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Apparently my self-awareness sucks because I don't know? I guess when people get all snarky and condescending. I hate that shit.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
how my decisions would affect other people. also how I feel about it. I won't go out of my comfort zone, but if I feel socially obligated to do someone a favor or help them in some way then I'm going to do it even if I don't want to.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I have to have control of the outcome. Other people can't be trusted they'll just fuck it up. What does emphasis even mean?? I just want it to get done so I can go home. And it has to be perfect.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Going to conventions with friends, going to a concert in LA with my best friend, also just having the freedom to sit in my room and do nothing all day if I want. The more freedom and less responsibility and obligation I feel pressured by, the happier I am.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Not the academic setting, that's for damn sure. I love learning when it's not for school. I guess reading? Or if it's something physical, it needs to be hands-on. I can't learn origami by reading directions, I have to actually do it. But if it's just information, reading.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Very. But, I have OCPD.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don't know?? Like how am I supposed to be consciously aware of that? I just decide whether I like it or not. Which is sometimes hard at first if I don't have enough information to form an opinion.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Literally both. I will always stay true to what I believe in but I may suppress expressing those opinions for the sake of harmony if doing so would upset the atmosphere. That's just if I need to though, like at school or something. I would never be friends with someone I disagreed with on moral issues that are personal to me. I don't really give a shit if other people feel that they belong to a group or not. I don't really feel like I belong to any groups. Other people's feelings of inclusiveness aren't really my concern if they aren't making a big deal out of it. I probably wouldn't even notice, to be honest. But I'd feel bad/responsible if someone came crying to me later that they were having problems fitting into the group and would help them then.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
One-on-one, please. Or small groups. Small groups is best, like a couple of friends. I don't like large groups, and one-on-one can actually be kind of intimidating. If I'm writing then I have time to think before speaking, but you don't always have that time when you're face to face.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I need to know where I'm jumping before I leap. I need all of the details. I am that person who asks "when, where, what time" as soon as plans are made. Actions speak louder than words, but I need words of reassurance quite often too.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends on how I feel that night. But the friends want to hang out now and might not be able to later, and the show can easily be watched online literally whenever I want. I don't really watch TV anyway. And when I do, it's netflix or something. I don't watch live TV. So, friends. I rarely get to see my friends anymore anyway.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I become impossible to deal with. Stressed, panicky, might start stress-crying. Everything is terrible, blah blah. And when people try to reassure me, say positive things to me, or give me advice, I shoot them down immediately. Then they get frustrated because I'm literally impossible to deal with in this state. Gloom and doom and no way out and there are no solutions ever any of the time.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't get along well with intense people. I'm very mellow and I don't like being overstimulated (be it positive or negative). I don't like rude or nasty mean people. I think I could get along with pretty much anyone though, as long as they aren't bigots or assholes.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
me? my day? what i'm doing? I have nothing else to talk about. My hobbies? The things I like? Those are the sorts of things I talk about with my friends anyway. I do not like having face to face conversations about my emotions, but over the internet, it's easier because of anonymity. I also don't care for talking about philosophy or politics unless I'm in the mood, which is rarely ever. I like to keep it lighthearted and chill.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Anything that is not of my concern. Don't care about my neighbors or people I don't know. Don't care about "getting involved" at school and hate when people bother me. Don't care about the things that I don't care about. If it's not a part of my everyday life then I don't pay a lot of attention to it and don't care about it.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I don't know, go ask them. Well, I guess they have said before that they like me because "I'm mom." I'm the feeler friend among all the thinkers (or am I??) They say that I'm nice, friendly, I think one of them has said warm?? but I don't see it. I do care fiercely for my friends though. They also think I'm silly and can be loud, because while I'm quiet in public I am VERY loud around them. As for bad qualities, we all agree that I'm a timid/nervous person.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

The same shit I do every weekend. Sit on my ass on the computer, play games, and go on typologycentral dot com.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Questionnaire 2

What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type?
ISFJ 9w1 6w7 2w1 sp/so.

When I first got into MBTI, I tested ISFJ consistently. Then at some point I started getting ISFP, ISTJ, and occasionally INFP, mostly because I'm so sick of the fucking bias against Si and Fe in most tests. I swear to god most people just do not understand those functions, especially Si.

I've tested as 9w1, sometimes 6w7 or 6w5, and I used to type 6w5 for my 6 fix, but once I learned more about enneagram, 5 is one of the types I relate to the least (along with 8, 3, and 4).

Have never doubted being sp-first. I don't relate much to so, but I relate to sx even less.

What got you interested in Personality Type?
I don't remember. I stumbled upon a test once and was intrigued.

What kind of work do you do for a living?
Student, majoring in sociology, minoring in sociocultural anthropology. I used to work in fast food, customer service, and as a supplemental instructor for FOL (first-order logic).

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I wrote a book in 2012. It's in need of major editing. I've never let anyone read it and probably never will.

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
doing nothing forever

What are you most grateful for in your life?
I don't know. I don't think about it. I take a lot of things for granted, and I feel saying thank you and being thanked to be incredibly awkward and I don't like it. I guess I'm grateful that my parents didn't have a messy divorce and let us go wherever the fuck we wanted whenever we wanted? I'm grateful for the friends I have? I'm grateful that my grandfather is paying for my schooling and my dad is letting me live at home for free in the meantime?

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
not that I can think of. Maybe I guess editing my book. I just don't have the time. Well, I probably do. But not the amount of time I want. That would be like, a whole month of no other commitments.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
anything? Is there a way to go back in time and tell past me that there's a reason I didn't feel girly? Get some hormones and be raised as the proper gender?

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
No.

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
I don't make phone calls, but I do this for like, drive thrus. I don't want to sound like a fucking idiot and stumble over my words. I can be very socially awkward.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
testosterone

oh, or I'd like to be able to fly. And invisibility.

What do you value most in a friendship?
Similarities. Common interests. Trust. Loyalty. Being able to goof around and talk to each other about anything.

What is your most treasured memory?
Going to LA with my best friend to see Perfume's first concert in the US. It was the first time I got on a plane and went somewhere with my own money and without an authority figure. Just me and my bff. It was so much fun.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I am very, very awkward with showing or receiving these emotions. Sometimes I feel a very intense love and warmth for the people close to me and I just want to hug and squeeze them and take them home and make them food and tuck them into bed, but, I don't express that shit, it's weird. I don't even really like hugs that much, I never initiate them and I am awkward at receiving them. I don't know how to react to it. Every time someone's told me that they had a crush on me I ran away or played dumb until they gave up because I didn't know what to do.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
Stupid question, I have two hands and can carry shit in my arms. But I am grateful that I don't have to pick between my pets. Ok, well I would get my stuffed bunny Agent Tucker that I got at build a bear when I was like 18 or 19, I can't sleep without it. Um, I guess try to save my wii u because that's expensive but it's kind of big and there's too many wires so maybe not. My 3ds? Books and CDs I can buy again... ohh, postcards from my ISFJ friend. Yes. Those have large sentimental value that can't be replaced. Maybe grab a few stuffed animals if I've still got arm space left. Thank christ for Steam, I don't have to save any video games.

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
My best friend. Or access to a steady food/water supply. But I'm a picky eater so I'd probably die. I'd bring my 3ds or something but then how do I charge it? Maybe some books. Agent Tucker.

If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
I never do anything that I don't want to do, except school and work.
And during my free time, I am always doing what I want to do. Which is sit on my ass on the computer doing whatever I feel like from moment to moment.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
The same stuff I already do, just with more stuffed animals and video games. Not work or go to school ever.

Who is your favorite author?
I don't know.

What is your favorite book?
I like the Legend of Drizzt series, A Song of Ice and Fire series, the Riyria Revelations series, and numerous autobiographies and memoirs.

What has been your biggest challenge?
living in modern society and being born in the wrong body in an unaccepting world

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I'd go back to when I was born and watch my life unfold.

What does your life say about you?
I don't know?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Questionnaire 3

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?
subjective and thus my answers only apply to me. idfk what beauty is. aesthetic appeal? Love is an intense emotional bond and is separate from the sexual.

2. What are your most important values?
the typical liberal stuff

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
No. Not religious, not spiritual, not agnostic, not atheist. None. Nothing. I just don't care. It bores me to tears.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
The world is stupid
power is something I don't desire

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I've had long conversations about interests I guess? My interests vary? Video games, books, shows, just whatever I guess. I don't know why they're my interests. They just are. Because I like them I guess.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
no, no

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I don't necessarily like doing them but they have to be done. And I have to do my sister's too because she's a disgusting fucking pig so yay I get twice the workload god bless.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Mentioned books previously. Films, I don't watch a lot of really. Ummm. Musicals, I like a lot of those. I like Game of Thrones, I like a lot of anime. I dislike action, I think it's boring as fuck. I like drama or slice of life.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Death of pets, being yelled at, having something bad happen to me. I don't really smile unless I do it consciously because I have resting bitchface. So I don't know. I laugh when I think something is amusing. I don't know.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
Environment: my room is the only place I can be truly, 100% comfortable. I don't really feel a sense of belonging anywhere, nor do I feel like I'm being intentionally left out. I'm a very much "go with the flow, but stick to myself" kind of person.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I don't know what people see as my weaknesses because I haven't asked them. I'm very sensitive to criticism, even if it's constructive. Which is why I've never let anyone read my book. I guess feedback from my nohari pegs me as being passive, timid, nervous, etc. which I don't disagree with. I dislike myself in general but can't think of anything specific at the moment.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
People think I'm smart sometimes? I don't really think so though. People think I'm friendly, and I agree. I don't know if I really like anything about myself. I am me, and I am neutral. I just am who I am.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Emotional and mental therapy.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Nah. I like ruts. I want my days to follow a pattern or be mostly the same, with a small adventure once in a while. If I do start to feel bored with the routine, I just leave the house and go somewhere for a while, or hang out with a friend.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I can get along with anyone, even people I dislike, if I try to. I don't like rude or mean people.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
sex = no thanks
romance = i am demi/gray-romantic
my potential partner would have to be first and foremost my friend. I could never date someone I wasn't friends with for a long period of time first. And I have to feel some sort of bond or connection with them. I have to like and respect them as a person. And I guess they'd have to feel the same way for me of course. I would like if said potential partner could give me reassurance once in a while.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I don't want kids
but if I was going to raise one I would want to do my best to take care of it. Lots of love, lots of focus on their life and making sure they are happy. I would like to be a stay at home parent. Really I would just like to have no job and no kids but that's not realistic. But if I had a kid I'd want to be stay at home dad. I'd want them to have the best childhood ever and experience all that they can, build up lots of happy memories. I had a dull childhood and I don't remember a lot, so I want them to have the ideal, "perfect kid" experience. If that means indulging them sometimes then whatever. Of course I wouldn't want to raise them to think everything will always be handed to them either. Ideally, I could raise them to be tolerant and accepting, friendly, and open.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Inward: fucking pissed
outward: still pissed but trying to not be super bitchy so it comes out as sort of passive-aggressive.
The closer you are the me the more honest I'll be with you about how I feel when you make me mad.
If it was something that important or person to me I might have to even end the friendship. But I'm not friends with anyone who pisses me off or disagrees with my strong beliefs, so I haven't and hopefully never will have that problem.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I feel very detached from society because I'm very inwardly-focused and I'm not involved in the community or anything. I'm very private. I don't like when people dig too deep into my life if they're not invited to, and I don't like inquiring about other people either. People as a whole are too hard to generalize because there are too many cultures and other factors. A prevalent social problem is close-mindedness.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I don't choose my friends, they just sort of happen. Actually, I haven't made any friends since high school because I'm too shy to talk to people and go to places where I meet people, and when people try to reach out of me and invite me to do things with them (y'know, the kinds of things you do when you want to become friends with someone) I always shy away from them. I behave like my casual, true self around friends and other people I am comfortable with. I wear a mask in public and at school.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Like I just said, I wear a mask. I stick to myself. I don't like when they talk to me and I don't talk to them. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. I'm very awkward and uncomfortable around them.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You must bring your tertiary function and continue your life with ...

I'm not following you, you have to talk to me clearly :(

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I do share a lot of your opinions haha. Though I think someone may be a little moody today :blush:

I become impossible to deal with. Stressed, panicky, might start stress-crying. Everything is terrible, blah blah. And when people try to reassure me, say positive things to me, or give me advice, I shoot them down immediately. Then they get frustrated because I'm literally impossible to deal with in this state. Gloom and doom and no way out and there are no solutions ever any of the time.

This especially suggests inferior Ni to me.

I think you're definitely correctly typed, by the way.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, I do share a lot of your opinions haha. Though I think someone may be a little moody today :blush:

This especially suggests inferior Ni to me.

I think you're definitely correctly typed, by the way.

Perhaps because alpha buddies??? That is, if my life (i mean typing whoops) hasn't been a lie up until now :'(

As for moodiness... well, this is usually how I truly do feel the majority of the time, just with less of a fluff filter I suppose? There were a lot of questions and I wanted to get through it fairly quickly so I made my answers rather blunt. Though if you asked me face to face, they'd be relatively the same, just not as direct, I think. :wink:

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem accurately typed.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I read literally all of these just because I think you're cool and interesting. :)

Anyway, you stand out very, very clearly to me as an ISxx type. I would bet all my debit card money on that. Enneagram got harder. I think your gut type is certainly 9, less likely 1, and definitely not 8. 9w1 gut. Heart fix, I can see nothing other than 2. Your head fix is 6, probably 6w7 over 6w5 (I've just noticed 6w5s to be heavier and less carefree). So you're 9w1, 6w7, 2w1 in some order. Not 2 core, though. 2's tend to be much more mushy, affectionate, and meddling. You are too passive to be a 2 (I have an ISFJ 2w1 friend lol). I can see you as a 9w1 or 6w7, but probably 9w1. Depending on your level of health, you could be disintegrating to 6. Instinctual variant, you are certainly not an sx-dom. I don't think any sx-dom would say they don't like intense people, because they usually are the intense people. So/sp or sp/so could be possibilities.

Somehow, I just can't see you as a T. I can't explain that one. I will say ISFJ over ISFP. I honestly cannot think of an ISFP who would say "I like ruts." That sounds anti-ISFP to me (I could be wrong, though). Because you're a 9 most likely, you could easily seem P-ish. 9's aren't going to seem stereotypically "J" because they do go with the flow. 9's aren't going to be a meddling type of Fe, so they're going to seem more aloof.

ISFJ 9w1/6w7/2w1 so/sp or sp/so.

I can relate to you in quite a few respects. :)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
your current type seems spot on to me :shrug: everyone here has been accused of being mistyped at some point.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not following you, you have to talk to me clearly :(

When I bumped into a boy today he spoke in gibberish to me. It was not good.

It makes me kind of sad that you'd just to like live and die. I mean we all live and die.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fe type detected

>_>

Edit: Btw have you ever looked at this thread? I'm curious to know your temperaments? http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-temperament-inclusion-control-affection.html

I'll take a look at it later tonight or tomorrow (in the middle of deep cleaning 20 gallon tank and toys and things for future new hamster since my last one grew too old and died). I'll let you know!

When I bumped into a boy today he spoke in gibberish to me. It was not good.

It makes me kind of sad that you'd just to like live and die. I mean we all live and die.

I'm really not am ambitious person; I just want to live, do the things I want to do, and then die. Well, I don't want to die, but everyone does, so that's the ultimate end result, I guess. I don't have a bucket list or any great aspirations. My favorite thing to have is the freedom to do whatever I feel like doing from moment to moment. I'm at my happiest when it's a weekend and I can sit in my room and do whatever I want. Whether that be watching netflix, reading, playing video games, hanging out with friends, sleeping, or whatever. I don't really think it has to be sad that I don't aspire for more if I'm perfectly fine with that, y'know? :shrug:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm really not am ambitious person; I just want to live, do the things I want to do, and then die. Well, I don't want to die, but everyone does, so that's the ultimate end result, I guess. I don't have a bucket list or any great aspirations. My favorite thing to have is the freedom to do whatever I feel like doing from moment to moment. I'm at my happiest when it's a weekend and I can sit in my room and do whatever I want. Whether that be watching netflix, reading, playing video games, hanging out with friends, sleeping, or whatever. I don't really think it has to be sad that I don't aspire for more if I'm perfectly fine with that, y'know? :shrug:

Yeah, I don't get the people who want to do something really intense to be remembered when they die. You'll be dead...who the hell cares if people talk about you in history classes? You won't be around to enjoy it.

I'm all for just living life and taking joy in the simple pleasures we are able to participate in. I don't find it sad at all. We exist and then we die. Why not try to have some fun while we are here?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, I don't get the people who want to do something really intense to be remembered when they die. You'll be dead...who the hell cares if people talk about you in history classes? You won't be around to enjoy it.

I'm all for just living life and taking joy in the simple pleasures we are able to participate in. I don't find it sad at all. We exist and then we die. Why not try to have some fun while we are here?

Basically. Doing memorable or challenging things are hard and if it's not something I have to do then I don't really want to do it. I'm perfectly happy to just sit around all day and live quietly and enjoy smaller things. I don't want to be a great person, just an average person. Playing around is what's the most fun to me and I live for the "fun" times. Tbh I only do things like school/work because you can't not do them. If money weren't a problem I would have 0 problem laying on my ass all day doing nothing, playing games, eating out, etc. But I'd still stay in my same house (or maybe just get my own apartment) and don't want anything flashy or extravagant.

Though, I know some people are disgusted with the idea of their life not having a "purpose," and the idea of laying around all day is abhorrent to them. I don't really mind it though. Nothing could make me happier, really.

Well, I guess some people want to change the world, leave some sort of impact, be a doctor or something and help tons of people, or a scientist, or whatever. Things that benefit society as a whole. That's great if that's what they want and I applaud them. But it's just not my cup of tea. I'm very self-centered in that way. I don't ever actively try to hurt others, but I'm very neutral. I'll help someone if I feel socially obligated to in some way, but I pretty much never go out of my way to help people. I've got no problem just living for myself. Selfish, maybe, but I'm not hurting anyone.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
First, let me say that I 100% agree with you on that previous post.

Well, I guess some people want to change the world, leave some sort of impact, be a doctor or something and help tons of people, or a scientist, or whatever. Things that benefit society as a whole. That's great if that's what they want and I applaud them. But it's just not my cup of tea. I'm very self-centered in that way. I don't ever actively try to hurt others, but I'm very neutral. I'll help someone if I feel socially obligated to in some way, but I pretty much never go out of my way to help people. I've got no problem just living for myself. Selfish, maybe, but I'm not hurting anyone.

So I think it's this paragraph here that might make some people (if any) doubt you having Fe. Surely all Fe wants to do is be a slave to others and help save all of the children in Africa, right?????

I'm sure many Fe types are that way, but I don't know that all of them really are. There are 16 MBTI types and billions of people in the world. Surely ISFJs can be a little more diverse than that. :shrug: