• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please analyse my answers. :)

YayCar

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?
There is physical beauty - the sort that gets you on magazine covers and attention. And there is beauty in a charming personality, in nature, good deeds, quirks, and nostalgia.

2. What are your most important values?
I value free-thinking and the courage to be your own person. A thirst to learn is an important quality, as is modesty.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I am an Atheist and do not believe in a god, nor do I want to believe in the sort of god/s we humans have constructed. I see religion as a tool for power. It does not provide me sufficient answers to life's questions, and leaves me with many more questions in the end. The good are not rewarded and the bad are not punished. Deformed babies who survive to breathe only for a few seconds are not part of any higher power's 'plan'. Life happens. Shit happens. At the end of the day, no human being is qualified to tell me they know how god thinks or what happens after death.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I hate the pain and suffering that war creates. And too much money goes into militaries.
But I know civilisation wouldn't be what it is today without wars.
Power is both controlling the masses by force or charisma. It is both taking things by force or being clever enough to convince people to give those things to you.
On a more personal level, power is being comfortable with yourself, having control of your own mind/body and what you want to do in life.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I love reading non-fiction and learning about theory. In conversation, I enjoy talking about the differences in people, culture, religion, beliefs, and I'm genuinely interested in other people's opinions. People seem to think I'm trying to create a database of something but I just enjoy collecting/hearing views for the sake of it. Similarly, I'm happy to express my own. I enjoy analysing philosophies as well as why people act/think the way they do.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Health and fitness makes good and safe conversation topics. I'm not very in tune with my body or its subtle changes. You know how some people can swear by how coffee/breakfast/sugar affects them? I can't. I don't notice anything...though I do insist on eating breakfast simply because it's the most important meal of the day...and I love to start the day with an egg or two! Yum!

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I'll do them if I have to for health reasons or if it makes things inconvenient.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Musicals (especially old ones) are a guilty pleasure of mine. I also enjoy Rod Serling's 'The Twilight Zone', documentaries about culture/history/people/food/life/strange creatures. From witchhunts to the Enlightenment, from Chinese history to the 'laws' of attraction, I enjoy documentaries. Horrible Histories is a fun show too.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I cry when I feel frustrated and incompetent. I am quite hard on myself.
I smile when I succeed in something, solve a puzzle, get a brilliant idea or when nostalgia strikes (I am very sentimental). Babies and cute little kids make me smile.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I feel stimulated when I am with people who enjoy talking about the topics I like, no matter where we are. I love being in bookstores or libraries.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
The people who know me well think my weaknesses include impatience, oversensitivity and how hard I am on myself.
I dislike that I am insecure. I wish I was smarter, more articulate, and more action-oriented. I also wish I was more extroverted and put more value on honing friendships. I do not starve for friendships but I envy the happiness that close friendships bring many people. Also, I'm not sure if this is a weakness, but I am not very intuitive. I second-guess whatever intuition I have and tend to overthink things that are common sense for most.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?-
While my self-esteem is quite shaky, I am proud of my interests and viewpoints. I'm opinionated, but I also enjoy gathering information and hearing from different sides. I also like that I have a child-like curiosity and sense of humour. People think I am hard-working and a friendly person...perhaps too serious. I agree that I am responsible, though inside I yearn to travel and be free.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I would like someone to push me to do some things I've always wanted to do. These including starting my own online business, writing for a blog, TRAVELLING.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
When I feel stuck in a rut, it usually means I've lost touch with myself as an individual. I will then start revisiting things I've 'forgotten' or researching online for something to learn or do. Even if it's just in the planning stage, this gets me excited enough and stops me from feeling stuck. It's enough to make me feel like an individual again.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I enjoy the company of people who are independent and not needy, a good sense of humour, witty and respectable. I like people who are knowledgeable and have opinions. They have their own beliefs, but are open to discussion. I admire those who are strong, happy and proactive in life. If I hung around people like that, I am sure those qualities would rub off on me.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I am quite inexperienced in this area. I am not a lustful person nor have I ever felt the need to be in a relationship. Now that I'm in one (my first and last, I hope!), I enjoy the company, although I do love the moments I have alone. It's fun having a best friend to talk, discuss and do things with. We learn a lot from each other as people and through our individual/shared interests.
Aside from those things, I need a partner to be loyal, loving and considerate. Otherwise, happier to be safe and alone.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I would teach him/her to think as an individual, analyse everything, be modest and thoughtful. Worldly, open-minded, and to have a constant thirst to learn. I would read to the child frequently, expose them to great thinkers and many topics, helping them find a passion and help hone it.
Self-respect is extremely important. Stand up to bullies. Speak up to contest an idea if there is doubt.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Ask them for their reasons and I would explain mine. We might debate and, from my end, I would do my best not to make it personal...
Outwardly, I would be calm but visibly engaged...perhaps argumentative. But at the end of the day, I'm just happy to discuss for the sake of it.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I like observing. I don't see myself as a special snowflake unaffected by society. I very much AM part of it...but i'd like to think that I'm at least aware of my context and why I do certain things. Sometimes I think I'd be happier if I participated in society more.

A prevalent social problem - entitlement. Also, the belief that a higher power has given you the right to do particular things. I also wish humans would take more responsibility for their own actions and direct thanks at the rightful recipients. Don't thank a god if a child is saved. Thank the firefighters who saved it. Thank the scientists who have given us the medicine we have today. If you've won an award, thank your own hard work and the people who've helped. It's arrogant to think that a higher power has helped you win a bloody award when there are dying kids in Africa.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I spend time with people who care enough to spend time with me. I'm not great at honing deep friendships.
I behave casually around them. Lighthearted but ready to jump in heavier discussions. Can talk about random topics and explore things/places together. Conversing while sitting tends to bore me. I'd rather talk while doing an activity or going somewhere together.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I'm a polite person in general, cordial, friendly and helpful. I'm terrible with small talk and feel like a fraud for asking 'How are you?'. I'd rather go straight into a more specific topic or question.

YayCar

Would appreciate any help. :) Happy to answer any questions for clarification!

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem like an INFP(MBTI), I see Fi where you talk about your relationship to society and inferior Te when talk about what upsets you. I also see Ne/Si. What types have you considered?

Reborn Relic

Damn American Cowboy
MBTI Type
INTP
A prevalent social problem - entitlement. Also, the belief that a higher power has given you the right to do particular things. I also wish humans would take more responsibility for their own actions and direct thanks at the rightful recipients. Don't thank a god if a child is saved. Thank the firefighters who saved it. Thank the scientists who have given us the medicine we have today. If you've won an award, thank your own hard work and the people who've helped. It's arrogant to think that a higher power has helped you win a bloody award when there are dying kids in Africa.

1. How supportive have your family/friends/community been of this sentiment?
2. Why do you believe this?

Unrelatedly, have you ever engaged in creative activities?

YayCar

You seem like an INFP(MBTI), I see Fi where you talk about your relationship to society and inferior Te when talk about what upsets you. I also see Ne/Si. What types have you considered?

I wanted to state the types I've considered...but was afraid of swaying people. haha I've always thought I had a stronger Fe than Fi, stronger Ti than Te. I don't really understand Ni. And if Si is marked by sentimentality, that would be me too.

1. How supportive have your family/friends/community been of this sentiment?
2. Why do you believe this?

Unrelatedly, have you ever engaged in creative activities?

1) Where I'm from, society is generally secular and no one makes a big deal about religion - not that I need permission for my friends/friends/community to think what I do. I'm certainly not a fully self-assured island though. Depends on the area. When it comes to attractiveness and what it means to be successful, I place too much value on what others think. I measure my own attractiveness/success on a scale based on society. It's difficult for me to say I'm beautiful and innately believe it. I'd be fooling myself.

2) Regarding a non-belief in god? Because it just doesn't make sense otherwise. Karma does not exist. Believing that there is a parental figure keeping tally for us can make people feel better AND deflect responsibility. Some believe that becoming part of this club is a ticket to Heaven and also that there are no morals without religion. And then there are those who are so immodest as to believe that they have divine knowledge that I don't have.
Why do some babies not have a chance at life? Why did that baby survive the earthquake? Why was this girl locked up and raped for half her life? Don't tell me "Don't worry, it's part of God's plan." It's a cop-out. I don't even NEED an answer to those questions and I certainly will not grasp on any old theory for the sake of having one. It saddens me that many people do need this and it annoys me that some will use this sheep-like as a way to control people.

3) I enjoy music (from classical to nu-disco) and I am a graphic artist by day. I've observed that artists can generally be placed into 2 groups:
- those who easily have a feel for the bigger picture and the atmosphere they want to create. They draws what feels right and where their emotions take them.
- those who analyse (too much?) and focus on getting the details correct...making it very much an analytical activity.

I'm a creative person but when it comes to art, I would be in the latter group.

YayCar

I really appreciate the help so far! Would love to know if my answers give a clue about my Enneagram or Instinctual stacks too. :)

Roeduif

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
3w4
I see you as a INTP really. Ah, how to explain it..
You are really knowlegde/opinion based, which made me think of xNTP.. You're not that outspoken, but are waiting for other opinions to take into consideration (from what I read). I can't really explain it well, but I reaally get a INTP feel from you?

YayCar

I see you as a INTP really. Ah, how to explain it..
You are really knowlegde/opinion based, which made me think of xNTP.. You're not that outspoken, but are waiting for other opinions to take into consideration (from what I read). I can't really explain it well, but I reaally get a INTP feel from you?

Thanks for your response, Roedulf. As a matter of fact, I did think I was an INTP. :) I guess I'm here to see if I'm a Feeling type or if it's just me being a female.

Roeduif

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks for your response, Roedulf. As a matter of fact, I did think I was an INTP. :) I guess I'm here to see if I'm a Feeling type or if it's just me being a female.

From what I noticed (and please this is just a random observation), females are indeed more in check with their feelings. I think, you are just an INTP with the right female genes (does that make sense?)