• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do I come off as?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Hey guys! Because I'm not 100% sure what my type is anymore, I figured I'd throw this out there. I always thought I was an ENTP but after realizing one of my close buddies is one, I've begun to rethink my type (although this could be a male versus female thing). I filled out some questions to see if you guys can maybe get a better feel on me. Please ask me for clarification if some things don't make sense. Thanks for your help! :)

How do you respond to clingy people?
Hahah NOT well. Clingy people make me cringe. I can't even handle clinginess from my mother so I certainly don't put up well with it from anyone else. Whenever people get overly needy with me I pull away hard.

Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
Am I the only nude person? Because that would draw waaay too much attention. Are others nude too? Because I seriously don't want to see that ughhh.

When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I try to talk to them as much as possible but I know I come off as dorky. I have no idea how to flirt and my jokes suck. Here is an example.
I was talking to a group of people about how it's unfair that my perfect dream man, Matt Bomer is gay, and how all the good ones I like end up being gay. So this guy I've been kinda interested in and who I know has been eyeing me up for a bit says 'well...you know there are some of us left around!' and he winks and walks away. To which I reply 'well then...don't you google Matt Bomer because that'll change!' :doh:

Name a city that best represents your personality.
This took me a really long time to come up with but I would say probably...Seattle?

What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Probably the extroverted intuition. Not sure if I necessarily look for a deeper meaning and patterns in every day life. I tend to take most things at face value.

What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Freedom and variety so I can choose my outcome and never feel bored.

What makes you feel inferior?
I don't necessarily get the feeling of being inferior but I do feel bad about myself as a person when I end up hurting others that I care for (I'm a cold hearted bitch to people I don't really care for), especially when my desire isn't to do that.

How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm not necessarily organized and I couldn't follow a schedule to save my life, but I'm very clean and I keep most things in check (my room/house/car/work area are never ever a mess), and things that matter will get done and dealt with right away. More minor things, like for example let's say...returning library books can easily get forgotten. I don't even want to mention how many late fees I've gotten because of this because it's embarrassing.

You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like to make sure people feel comfortable, but I'm not there to hold anyone's hand, and I don't consider myself a team player by any means. People that approach me I will make an effort with, but I won't go out of my way to try to be everyone's buddy because I generally don't really care/have time for that.

Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking?
I don't even speak before I think, I act before I speak before I think and adjust along the way. I definitely don't have much of a filter and I do put my foot in my mouth sometimes.

Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Either or, depending on how I feel. Sometimes I find one-on-ones waaaay too intense, especially when the other person really feels like clawing into my soul, but if they're cool and understand boundaries I can do one-on-one. I can do large groups as long as there is some level of coherence - sometimes I find too many people in a room can become too much of a clusterfuck and no one really gets to talk to anyone. It really depends though. Ideal amount of people for me is between 2 - 4.

Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Definitely jump into things. I will think about my decisions, briefly, but my best decisions have been made quite spontaneously.

It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Who even has a scheduled start time for a show, now that Netflix exists? I wouldn't go out if it was like a night club or a party, but I would if it was a pub or something more chill.

How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get frazzled, talk too fast, do everything at once, drive myself crazy, but somehow get everything done. Some of my best work has come out of extreme stress.

What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't really like overly emotional people who spew their emotions all over the place. I also don't really appreciate it when people read too much into everything and choose to take things personally, especially when I specifically went out of my way to not make it personal. I talk a lot and shoot my mouth off sometimes so I try to warn people to tell me to shut up or to ignore me if I become too much.

Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I have a wide base of interests but most about things that are tangible and achievable. I don't really do ~wistful thinking and theorizing well.

How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I've been told I'm ambitious, driven, quite intelligent, dorky/funny, passionate, opinionated, adventurous, and friendly. I can see all of those, although I don't really consider myself particularly intelligent - I just bullshit well. ;) I'm also not necessarily friendly. I'm courteous and will never be a cow to anyone, but I don't really go out of my way to be everyone's best friend because I just don't have an interest in most people. I kinda like to just do my own thing.
I don't think anyone in this world would ever call me passive though.

You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Whatever the fuck I feel like. Don't make me plan for my day off.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I started a pretty successful business with my friend and it has grown more than we ever thought possible. I'm pretty proud of that!

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
One filled with adventure!

What are you most grateful for in your life?
What am I not grateful for in life? I have amazing parents, great friends, I have had some amazing opportunities, I'm creative enough to achieve most of my goals, etc. Life is pretty sweet.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Not really. I mean I have a list of places I want to travel to but most places that have become a MUST I usually just make time and save up to go to. Most things that mean that much to me I go after right away and don't put them off too much (within reason).

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would have a sibling! That's about it. My parents are insane but awesome. I wouldn't trade them or my childhood for anything.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
The ability to focus on one task and not a million. I feel pretty ADDish, although that could just be my age as well. Most other 25 year olds I know are also scatter brained as well.

What do you value most in a friendship?
Excitement! My favorite types of friends are outgoing, passionate, driven and successful in their own unique ways, independent, and not overly emotional (or if they are, they don't dump their emotional baggage on me every other day because I don't put up with that shit).

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Without it I get really bored. I fall in love all the time and am always pining after someone new. I also get bored really fast which tells me it's all quite superficial, but there have been a few instances where I really liked someone for a long time and it's been quite wonderful.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
My memory box!

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
Tom Hardy? He looks like he could survive in the wild decently well and my chances with him would be pretty high seeing as I'm his only choice ahaha. Or this beauty of a man I know who I call my Captain America who is pretty much my personal hero and could save me from anything.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Drink, go to the beach, travel, have sex, play guitar, write, and work on whatever new business project I have at the time.

What is your favorite book?
As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.

How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)?
I can come off as a little shy if I'm in a completely new environment, but I usually make myself get over it and become comfortable with the situation quite easily. Once I've gauged my audience I kinda just let it all out there...I'm loud, opinionated, I swear too much, I'm kind of insensitive, and I'm probably pretty obnoxious. I dress somewhat trendy I guess? To some degree anyway, although there are some days when I look like a hot mess but I don't really give a fuck. If people can't handle me looking gross, they don't deserve to see me when I'm done up, so fuck them.

If you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
Umm a dragon, duh! That'll teach people to piss me off.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A writer probably. Or just to work on my business full time.

If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?
Hmm a cherry because I'm classic but can be kinda tart. (I have no idea how to answer this.)

What is your favorite beverage?
Alcoholic? DEFINITELY a good IPA or an apricot ale. Non-alcoholic I would say either Cherry Coke or carbonated water, or for healthier options just a classic orange juice.

What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?
I'm learning to play and sing a lot of dorky country songs on the guitar so probably that.

You're on death row...what's your last meal?
Chicken tenders from Buffalo Wild Wings, a bacon cheeseburger from Red Robin, and a Cherry Coke. Ooh and maybe a mango sweet tea. Aaaaand some good key lime pie.

á´…eparted

passages
A lot of these things sound a lot like what I've heard from [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION]. Given she tends to go with ESTP, gives me a bit more support of that. Most of the things you speak of sound like Se, but also with a desire for stimulation and novelty (which is often associated with Ne, but that's not the only thing), and there tends to be a sense of ground with most of this.

Also, I have always speculated ENTP can't be right, because it's super rare I see eye to eye with and mesh well with one ;)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFP - final answer

I think your aversion for lack of emotional dumping is so Fi/Te in you. You feel certain music is so you and others why do others bother?
Very anti-Fe. Estp's have Fe so it's not like it's a big deal for them, many of them click with people fantastically. Outward results and make better the emotional environment? Very enviable quality.
You go in Se/Te loops makes you project yourself as a thinker externally while you manage your feelings inwardly and kept to yourself. You see no reason for this emotional dumping.

You have Se/Ni, I don't think I really need to explain that.

Since I knew you, you'd never really gave me much reason of Ti/Fe and DEF not Ne/Si behavior either.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
A lot of these things sound a lot like what I've heard from [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION]. Given she tends to go with ESTP, gives me a bit more support of that. Most of the things you speak of sound like Se, but also with a desire for stimulation and novelty (which is often associated with Ne, but that's not the only thing), and there tends to be a sense of ground with most of this.

I'd agree with this.

ESTP!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you're more ESxP than ENTP. The comment about taking things more at face value struck me as indicative of Se over Ne. Also the fact that your best work and decisions seem to happen when you're stressed. The comment you made that you don't think you're particularly intelligent but bullshit well (although you're a lot smarter than you're giving yourself credit for). ESxPs are the gods of bullshitting.

You likely use Ne in a Role function (Socionics bullshit), since you seem to show some evidence of its use, yet the Se is stronger in you, if your answers are a proper indicator. It's fairly clear you're a Pe dominant, so it's really just a matter of determining which one is your prime motivator in life and which is the odd tool in your kit that occasionally gets used but perhaps not as gracefully as the other.

Artisan women are the best.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think ESFP over ESTP. You seem to prefer Te over Ti, [MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION]. TPs are also more alien to me. I can usually connect with where you're coming from whereas with Ti/Fe it's like I know what they're saying but don't necessarily understand it.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] If I look strictly at functions, I can definitely see ESFP. It's when I real the description of the type itself that I have a hard time relating.
If an ESFP hasn't developed their intuitive side, they may tend to avoid situations which involve a lot of theoretical thinking, or which are complex and ambiguous. For this reason, an ESFP may have difficulty in school. On the other hand, the ESFP does extremely well in situations where they're allowed to learn by interacting with others, or in which they "learn by doing".

ESFPs have a very well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty, and an excellent sense of space and function. If they have the means, they're likely to have to have many beautiful possessions, and an artfully furnished home. In general, they take great pleasure in objects of aesthetic beauty. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the finer things in life, such as good food and good wine.
Yeah...I did well in school and if I try a little I have been top of my class before. I never had issues with it at all and never learned by interacting with others. I just kind of fluked my way through it because I'm pretty creative when it comes to talking/writing, and can easily pick up right or wrong answers in classic tests.

I do appreciate beautiful things and beauty, but I don't really consider myself very aesthetically oriented. I actually just like simplicity and functionality because I hate 'stuff' and clutter in my space. My house is reeeeeally simple, and my clothes are quite functional too. I don't know how to accessorize or whatever. Going shopping with me is like shopping with a guy - I know what I want and I'll go to the one store that carries it and I'm done.

The ESFP is a great team player. He or she is not likely to create any problems or fuss, and is likely to create the most fun environment possible for getting the task done. ESFPs will do best in careers in which they are able to use their excellent people skills, along with their abilities to meld ideas into structured formats. Since they are fast-paced individuals who like new experiences, they should choose careers which offer or require a lot of diversity, as well as people skills.

ESFPs usually like to feel strongly bonded with other people, and have a connection with animals and small children that is not found in most other types. They're likely to have a strong appreciation for the beauties of nature as well.

The ESFP has a tremendous love for life, and knows how to have fun. They like to bring others along on their fun-rides, and are typically a lot of fun to be with. They're flexible, adaptable, genuinely interested in people, and usually kind-hearted. They have a special ability to get a lot of fun out of life, but they need to watch out for the pitfalls associated with living entirely in the moment.

I don't like being the center of attention and I'm pretty individualistic. There were times when I was younger when I thought I was an introvert because of my preference of doing things alone (because I can get everything done faster and won't waste time), and because I don't have to compromise or accommodate others. I'll run errands alone, go to events alone, and I definitely travel alone. I'll make friends there, but those are just passing acquaintances that make the experience more unique. Generally though I'm not friends oriented and I don't go out of my way or make a serious effort to be liked by most people. I genuinely don't care if I'm liked or not.

I can bond with people well, and people have told me I can come off as having been old friends with someone new, but again, that's just because I have good social skills and I'm not really shy once I'm in my element. That being said, I probably have maybe half a dozen friends in total, and I'm okay with that. Most people find ways to annoy me, so I'm really not the social butterfly the ESFP is. There's certainly a degree of...I don't know...I guess where some people find me to be too much? I know most women my age don't really like me because I'm pretty blunt and am not overly sensitive and I really don't go out of my way to be likable. I have maybe 2 female friends, and I could easily attribute that to circumstances, so I'm not a 'girls' girl at all'. I don't see ESFPs really having these kinds of issues at all.

Apparently I'm supposed to like kids...which I don't. Kids sometimes like me because I'm 'that pretty blonde lady' but that's where that ends. I'm far far far from maternal and I've been known to actively avoid people with kids/kids/situations where I would have to deal with kids.

As well, I'm supposed to be a peacemaker which I'm really not. I'm quite argumentative if I want to be. I'll try not to get overly in people's faces usually (because I know I can be a bit of a handful), but I'm certainly not conflict adverse by any means, as ESFPs are supposed to be. I actually like it when people are argumentative in an objective basis. It's why I love ENTPs...they're a good type to be friends with because they're quite in your face about a lot of things, but all of their arguments are highly impersonal.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ooh, I'm seeing the responses about your type and I gotta say I agree. I only read some parts so far because I got right off the bat you may a xSTx. You seemed kinda like a judger but I only read some parts of your response. I have to agree with the answers above. ESFP or ESTJ is my answer.

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] If I look strictly at functions, I can definitely see ESFP. It's when I real the description of the type itself that I have a hard time relating.

Yeah...I did well in school and if I try a little I have been top of my class before. I never had issues with it at all and never learned by interacting with others. I just kind of fluked my way through it because I'm pretty creative when it comes to talking/writing, and can easily pick up right or wrong answers in classic tests.

I do appreciate beautiful things and beauty, but I don't really consider myself very aesthetically oriented. I actually just like simplicity and functionality because I hate 'stuff' and clutter in my space. My house is reeeeeally simple, and my clothes are quite functional too. I don't know how to accessorize or whatever. Going shopping with me is like shopping with a guy - I know what I want and I'll go to the one store that carries it and I'm done.

I don't like being the center of attention and I'm pretty individualistic. There were times when I was younger when I thought I was an introvert because of my preference of doing things alone (because I can get everything done faster and won't waste time), and because I don't have to compromise or accommodate others. I'll run errands alone, go to events alone, and I definitely travel alone. I'll make friends there, but those are just passing acquaintances that make the experience more unique. Generally though I'm not friends oriented and I don't go out of my way or make a serious effort to be liked by most people. I genuinely don't care if I'm liked or not.

I can bond with people well, and people have told me I can come off as having been old friends with someone new, but again, that's just because I have good social skills and I'm not really shy once I'm in my element. That being said, I probably have maybe half a dozen friends in total, and I'm okay with that. Most people find ways to annoy me, so I'm really not the social butterfly the ESFP is. There's certainly a degree of...I don't know...I guess where some people find me to be too much? I know most women my age don't really like me because I'm pretty blunt and am not overly sensitive and I really don't go out of my way to be likable. I have maybe 2 female friends, and I could easily attribute that to circumstances, so I'm not a 'girls' girl at all'. I don't see ESFPs really having these kinds of issues at all.

Apparently I'm supposed to like kids...which I don't. Kids sometimes like me because I'm 'that pretty blonde lady' but that's where that ends. I'm far far far from maternal and I've been known to actively avoid people with kids/kids/situations where I would have to deal with kids.

As well, I'm supposed to be a peacemaker which I'm really not. I'm quite argumentative if I want to be. I'll try not to get overly in people's faces usually (because I know I can be a bit of a handful), but I'm certainly not conflict adverse by any means, as ESFPs are supposed to be. I actually like it when people are argumentative in an objective basis. It's why I love ENTPs...they're a good type to be friends with because they're quite in your face about a lot of things, but all of their arguments are highly impersonal.

I have the same issue. I look at functions only or I talk to people of the same type. My friend kept telling me I used Fi so I decided on ISTJ because I knew that I didn't use Fe.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't really see the Fi, at all. You have that impersonal, no bullshit preference both for yourself and for your dealings with others. You dislike an over-expression of feeling, dislike over-sensitivity, and primarily emotional concerns. You don't seem to identify strongly with feeling and find them intrinsic to who you are.

Thinking seems preferred, with feeling as a backup.

Just what I've observed, but we haven't interacted much.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey guys! Because I'm not 100% sure what my type is anymore, I figured I'd throw this out there. I always thought I was an ENTP but after realizing one of my close buddies is one, I've begun to rethink my type (although this could be a male versus female thing). I filled out some questions to see if you guys can maybe get a better feel on me. Please ask me for clarification if some things don't make sense. Thanks for your help! :)

How do you respond to clingy people?
Hahah NOT well. Clingy people make me cringe. I can't even handle clinginess from my mother so I certainly don't put up well with it from anyone else. Whenever people get overly needy with me I pull away hard.

Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
Am I the only nude person? Because that would draw waaay too much attention. Are others nude too? Because I seriously don't want to see that ughhh.

When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I try to talk to them as much as possible but I know I come off as dorky. I have no idea how to flirt and my jokes suck. Here is an example.
I was talking to a group of people about how it's unfair that my perfect dream man, Matt Bomer is gay, and how all the good ones I like end up being gay. So this guy I've been kinda interested in and who I know has been eyeing me up for a bit says 'well...you know there are some of us left around!' and he winks and walks away. To which I reply 'well then...don't you google Matt Bomer because that'll change!' :doh:

Name a city that best represents your personality.
This took me a really long time to come up with but I would say probably...Seattle?

What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Probably the extroverted intuition. Not sure if I necessarily look for a deeper meaning and patterns in every day life. I tend to take most things at face value.

What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Freedom and variety so I can choose my outcome and never feel bored.

What makes you feel inferior?
I don't necessarily get the feeling of being inferior but I do feel bad about myself as a person when I end up hurting others that I care for (I'm a cold hearted bitch to people I don't really care for), especially when my desire isn't to do that.

How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm not necessarily organized and I couldn't follow a schedule to save my life, but I'm very clean and I keep most things in check (my room/house/car/work area are never ever a mess), and things that matter will get done and dealt with right away. More minor things, like for example let's say...returning library books can easily get forgotten. I don't even want to mention how many late fees I've gotten because of this because it's embarrassing.

You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like to make sure people feel comfortable, but I'm not there to hold anyone's hand, and I don't consider myself a team player by any means. People that approach me I will make an effort with, but I won't go out of my way to try to be everyone's buddy because I generally don't really care/have time for that.

Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking?
I don't even speak before I think, I act before I speak before I think and adjust along the way. I definitely don't have much of a filter and I do put my foot in my mouth sometimes.

Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Either or, depending on how I feel. Sometimes I find one-on-ones waaaay too intense, especially when the other person really feels like clawing into my soul, but if they're cool and understand boundaries I can do one-on-one. I can do large groups as long as there is some level of coherence - sometimes I find too many people in a room can become too much of a clusterfuck and no one really gets to talk to anyone. It really depends though. Ideal amount of people for me is between 2 - 4.

Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Definitely jump into things. I will think about my decisions, briefly, but my best decisions have been made quite spontaneously.

It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Who even has a scheduled start time for a show, now that Netflix exists? I wouldn't go out if it was like a night club or a party, but I would if it was a pub or something more chill.

How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get frazzled, talk too fast, do everything at once, drive myself crazy, but somehow get everything done. Some of my best work has come out of extreme stress.

What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't really like overly emotional people who spew their emotions all over the place. I also don't really appreciate it when people read too much into everything and choose to take things personally, especially when I specifically went out of my way to not make it personal. I talk a lot and shoot my mouth off sometimes so I try to warn people to tell me to shut up or to ignore me if I become too much.

Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I have a wide base of interests but most about things that are tangible and achievable. I don't really do ~wistful thinking and theorizing well.

How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I've been told I'm ambitious, driven, quite intelligent, dorky/funny, passionate, opinionated, adventurous, and friendly. I can see all of those, although I don't really consider myself particularly intelligent - I just bullshit well. ;) I'm also not necessarily friendly. I'm courteous and will never be a cow to anyone, but I don't really go out of my way to be everyone's best friend because I just don't have an interest in most people. I kinda like to just do my own thing.
I don't think anyone in this world would ever call me passive though.

You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Whatever the fuck I feel like. Don't make me plan for my day off.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I started a pretty successful business with my friend and it has grown more than we ever thought possible. I'm pretty proud of that!

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
One filled with adventure!

What are you most grateful for in your life?
What am I not grateful for in life? I have amazing parents, great friends, I have had some amazing opportunities, I'm creative enough to achieve most of my goals, etc. Life is pretty sweet.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Not really. I mean I have a list of places I want to travel to but most places that have become a MUST I usually just make time and save up to go to. Most things that mean that much to me I go after right away and don't put them off too much (within reason).

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would have a sibling! That's about it. My parents are insane but awesome. I wouldn't trade them or my childhood for anything.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
The ability to focus on one task and not a million. I feel pretty ADDish, although that could just be my age as well. Most other 25 year olds I know are also scatter brained as well.

What do you value most in a friendship?
Excitement! My favorite types of friends are outgoing, passionate, driven and successful in their own unique ways, independent, and not overly emotional (or if they are, they don't dump their emotional baggage on me every other day because I don't put up with that shit).

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
Without it I get really bored. I fall in love all the time and am always pining after someone new. I also get bored really fast which tells me it's all quite superficial, but there have been a few instances where I really liked someone for a long time and it's been quite wonderful.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
My memory box!

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
Tom Hardy? He looks like he could survive in the wild decently well and my chances with him would be pretty high seeing as I'm his only choice ahaha. Or this beauty of a man I know who I call my Captain America who is pretty much my personal hero and could save me from anything.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Drink, go to the beach, travel, have sex, play guitar, write, and work on whatever new business project I have at the time.

What is your favorite book?
As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.

How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)?
I can come off as a little shy if I'm in a completely new environment, but I usually make myself get over it and become comfortable with the situation quite easily. Once I've gauged my audience I kinda just let it all out there...I'm loud, opinionated, I swear too much, I'm kind of insensitive, and I'm probably pretty obnoxious. I dress somewhat trendy I guess? To some degree anyway, although there are some days when I look like a hot mess but I don't really give a fuck. If people can't handle me looking gross, they don't deserve to see me when I'm done up, so fuck them.

If you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
Umm a dragon, duh! That'll teach people to piss me off.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A writer probably. Or just to work on my business full time.

If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?
Hmm a cherry because I'm classic but can be kinda tart. (I have no idea how to answer this.)

What is your favorite beverage?
Alcoholic? DEFINITELY a good IPA or an apricot ale. Non-alcoholic I would say either Cherry Coke or carbonated water, or for healthier options just a classic orange juice.

What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?
I'm learning to play and sing a lot of dorky country songs on the guitar so probably that.

You're on death row...what's your last meal?
Chicken tenders from Buffalo Wild Wings, a bacon cheeseburger from Red Robin, and a Cherry Coke. Ooh and maybe a mango sweet tea. Aaaaand some good key lime pie.

Do you test ENTP, do you answer honestly about your preference ?
When you test as ENTP what is your % of preference for I/E - S/N - T/F - P/J

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Ooh, I'm seeing the responses about your type and I gotta say I agree. I only read some parts so far because I got right off the bat you may a xSTx. You seemed kinda like a judger but I only read some parts of your response. I have to agree with the answers above. ESFP or ESTJ is my answer.
I can see the functions of ESFPs playing out to some degree (Se and Ni), but I've met a few of them in my life and I don't think I'm like that. ESTJs are far too structured and rigid for me to understand - I don't think I'm a Te dom, but that's why I'm here, confused, lol.

I don't really see the Fi, at all, really. You have that impersonal, no bullshit preference both for yourself and for your dealings with others. You dislike an over-expression of feeling, dislike over-sensitivity, and primarily emotional concerns. You don't seem to identify strongly with feeling and find them intrinsic to who you are.

Thinking seems preferred, with feeling as a backup.

Just what I've observed, but we haven't interacted much.
I have been called insensitive many times in my life, and people generally don't come to me with their feelings because I will try to rationalize them and give them advice based on this. I've been known to be the type you go to for advice you can implement right now, and have gotten very annoyed with people who understand what they need to do and have been guided into doing it, but won't because they're too busy wallowing.

I definitely see Ti and Fe in me, that's why I thought either ENTP or ESTP.
Do you test ENTP, do you answer honestly about your preference ?
When you test as ENTP what is your % of preference for I/E - S/N - T/F - P/J
Lol as best as I can, yes! I just took the 16 personality types one now and this is what I got:
ESTP
72% extroverted
83% observant (seems higher than usual, but I'll take it)
87% thinking
77% prospecting

I go back and forth between ENTP and ESTP with many of them though for some reason, but I guess to be fair, in the past when I did score as ENTP the N was much lower.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I definitely see Ti and Fe in me, that's why I thought either ENTP or ESTP.

Lol as best as I can, yes! I just took the 16 personality types one now and this is what I got:
ESTP
72% extroverted
83% observant (seems higher than usual, but I'll take it)
87% thinking
77% prospecting

I go back and forth between ENTP and ESTP with many of them though for some reason, but I guess to be fair, in the past when I did score as ENTP the N was much lower.
Alright, so you're an ESTP

Problem solved. :coffee:

some extra info: women tend to (whether socialization/biology or a mix of both - probably the later) to be more "F" and 'S' than men. Female entps I've come across where usually a bit more concrete and ordered, also behaved more empathetically/more social graces. If that's of any help.

Some people might not identify as S because N may sound 'smarter' I guess. ie: smart people, even if they're S, tend to still be good at 'N' stuff though they prefer 'S' stuff. So this may confuse them as to whether they are S or N.

ESFP for example is , on average, the type with the lowest IQ. I could easily imagine a 'smart esfp' not feeling like he/she could relate to other esfp as much as to say an N type. But I don't think that has much to do with S or N preference.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Alright, so you're an ESTP

Problem solved. :coffee:

some extra info: women tend to (whether socialization/biology or a mix of both - probably the later) to be more "F" and 'S' than men. Female entps I've come across where usually a bit more concrete and ordered, also behaved more empathetically/more social graces. If that's of any help.
Lol that's probably it.

Hahaha no...I'm pretty insensitive for a woman/person overall. I used to date an INTJ and he thought I was too unemotional, and a lot of IxFx types find me that way too.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Lol that's probably it.

Hahaha no...I'm pretty insensitive for a woman/person overall. I used to date an INTJ and he thought I was too unemotional, and feeler type men always have this victim thing they do around me.

Feelers are the worst :coffee:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I used to date an INTJ and he thought I was too unemotional, and a lot of IxFx types find me that way too.

They just want to make sure there's a bigger drama queen than themselves in the relationship

Covering their tracks and such :coffee:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Some people might not identify as S because N may sound 'smarter' I guess. ie: smart people, even if they're S, tend to still be good at 'N' stuff though they prefer 'S' stuff. So this may confuse them as to whether they are S or N.

ESFP for example is , on average, the type with the lowest IQ. I could easily imagine a 'smart esfp' not feeling like he/she could relate to other esfp as much as to say an N type. But I don't think that has much to do with S or N preference.
I wasn't aware of that. I know I mentioned somewhere that I don't consider myself particularly intelligent, but what I should've said is not 'overly intelligent'...and in comparison to an INTJ for example. Although most people say intelligence is one of my primary traits so it's probably me just being me.

Feelers are the worst :coffee:
Yep.
They just want to make sure there's a bigger drama queen than themselves in the relationship

Covering their tracks and such :coffee:
Ohhh yes. And me responding to it with indifference probably only makes them act out more.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I wasn't aware of that. I know I mentioned somewhere that I don't consider myself particularly intelligent, but what I should've said is not 'overly intelligent'...and in comparison to an INTJ for example. Although most people say intelligence is one of my primary traits so it's probably me just being me.
Well INTJs are generally smart yes. Not ENTP smart but well, you can't have everything.

However even on this forum there are quite a few dumb/crazy ones. Who think that if they get an Ni-spiration it must be true.

So it's on a person-to-person basis.
I mean at the end of the day intelligence is the ability to interpret/understand data (at least one of the definitions, out of 1053).
So is a delusional INTJ with an iq of 140 smart or stupid?
Could we say that a wiser / more self examined INTJ with an IQ of 120 is in fact smarter?

Food for thoughts.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Well INTJs are generally smart yes. Not ENTP smart but well, you can't have everything.

However even on this forum there are quite a few dumb/crazy ones. Who think that if they get an Ni-spiration it must be true.

So it's on a person-to-person basis.
I mean at the end of the day intelligence is the ability to interpret/understand data (at least one of the definitions, out of 1053).
So is a delusional INTJ with an iq of 140 smart or stupid?
Could we say that a wiser / more self examined INTJ with an IQ of 120 is in fact smarter?

Food for thoughts.
I would say ENTPs are classically more predispositioned to be what is considered intelligent, but it doesn't help that some are freaking insane (which I think skews the equation).

Intelligence is almost subjective. Yeah there are conventional methods for assessing it (IQ test being a big one), but like you mentioned...there are many very intelligent people that act like idiots.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol that's probably it.

Hahaha no...I'm pretty insensitive for a woman/person overall. I used to date an INTJ and he thought I was too unemotional, and a lot of IxFx types find me that way too.

My experience with ESFPs has been that they're not exactly the most hearts and flowers sorts because of lead Se.

That said, you're a lot more structured in your thinking and approach to things than I've seen in many ESFPs. They seem to have a pretty total absorption with sensual data. Maybe your work or education is why I pick up Te usage from you? Outside of that I could def see ESTP.