• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hi I'm Wutz and I'd like to know what you think about me :)

wutzforlife

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Hello everyone :)
I discovered MBTI a few months ago, and I've done a little research, but as I've been extremely busy with university stuff, I haven't been able to get a good insight into the theories. I am very curious about your opinions. Which type resembles me most? I am just going to fill in a few questionnaires now, because they seem like fun stuff to do :D

1. How do you respond to clingy people?
I try to back off a little and I am not contacting them. Whenever they contact me, I am polite, but a bit distant. I try to be "noncommittal" as much as possible, but still friendly in order to not hurt anyones feelings. (please ignore it, if my phrases seem a bit odd, I am not a native speaker)
2. If you could change the ocean to any color, what would that color be?
I wouldn't change the color! I love the ocean's color the way it is. I love how the color changes based on weather and localization. Dark Blue, torquoise, grey, green. Everything is so beautiful!
3. Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
Um well, only if nobody sees me haha :D so I guess I'd have to say no to that one. I guess I am too prude :D
4. When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
I am not myself! I act very shy and I might do very awkward things. Pretty frustrating if you ask me.
5. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If so, how was the experience?
Oh yes! And I loved it. It's such a liberating feeling. The water felt so smooth on my body and I felt truly connected to mother Earth.
6. If you could frame the jockstrap of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
ummm that's tough :D but, I would say none. The underwear of a "famous" person doesn't mean anything to me. I'd rather want to see them compete life than have a sweaty something on the wall.
7. If you had to disguise yourself physically, how would you do it? Big comfy coat, BIG scarf that's covering half my face. Hood.
8. Name a city that best represents your personality. I cannot answer that one. I haven't visited a city thats representing my personality I guess.

By [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION]
1. What is your favorite food? What's so great about it? AVocado!!! It's so yummy, versatile and healthy. Perfect on toasted rye bread with tomatoes, garlic, pepper and salt!!
2. Define justice! Justice means getting what you deserve. Bearing responsibility for one's actions. I don't think that justice can and should be applied everywhere though. Because there are situations in which justice for one person is linked to injustice for others. It's a thin line on which we are walking. I also believe that the perception fo what is fair and what is unfair is very different from person to person.
3. Do you orientate by general directions or by landmarks? General direction. I would say my orientation is pretty mediocre, but I can keep track of the general direction I have to head in. It might take a while until I reach my destination, but at some point I always arrive where I want to be.
4. What did you like about your favorite story book from childhood? So my favorite book used to be "The children from Bullerbü" from the swedish author Astrid Lindgren. My favorite part of the story was when Lisa, one of the protagonists, went grocery shopping with her friend and they had a list with all the things they should buy and they kept forgetting stuff and went back multiple times. I thought that it was pretty cool that these kids were already responsible for getting their mothers groceries. I wanted to be like them. Going to the supermarket all alone and being very grown-up :D
5. What would you like to learn if time and money were no issue? Why? I would take more dance lessons. I would try to go on pointe. I would start to play an instrument again (violine, or piano). I would learn new languages, preferably french (I had it in school, but I forgot everything after graduating) and russian.
6. Can you roll your tongue? Yes, and in many different ways!! I am a tongue artist :p
7. Describe the inside of your fridge! Veggies, veggies, veggies, peanut butter, almond milk, soy yoghurt, tofu, frozen fruit, vegan icecream (I am vegetarian, going vegan :D But I am very tolerant to meat eaters :D)

3. What do you value?
I value compassion, peace, harmony, tolerance, mercy. I guess these are my chore values!
What do you value in your environment, in the world, in other people, in dialog? I value the ability to respect everyone with his or her individual traits, strenghts, weaknesses, behaviors as long as they aren't harming anyone or anything. We are all different. We like to do different things or like doing things differently, we have different interests, values, opinions. We perceive the world in different ways. In the end we must agree an some very fundamental things though.
I value compassion. Humanity lacks compassion. If we would care more about other sentient beings' feelings, wars wouldn't be as prevalent as they are right now. Refugee homes wouldn't burn, People wouldn't be discriminzed or shot down for their skin color.
In a dialog I value people who listen to me and don't interupt. Who don't try to shove down their opinion down on me. I value people who think deeply, come up with strange, but awesome ideas. People who arent't afraid of abstract topics. I value the ability to read between the lines, to see further through the words.
4. How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)? I'm a rather quiet person. I think before I speak. I feel like I am not very successful in group discussions even if ther are good ideas in my head. I sometimes have trouble to verbalize my thoughts. Everything in my head seems to be a big mess, but once I've been into talking for a few sentences, it usually gets better. I always try to be polite and understanding. I usually try to view situations from my conversation partner's standpoint. I try to understand what they feel and I try to come up with something helpful. A way to deal with the problem. At work or at uni I try to be the best I can be. I strive for perfection and this is a nasty habit, because nobody is perfect and perfection cannot be achieved. I am very hard on myself and I doubt my abilities quite easily. But no matter how I feel, I usually try to make sure that people around me are happy. When I withdraw from a social gathering, let's say a party, I come up with an excuse to not hurt anybody. I value honesty, but sometimes I feel like the truth would be more detrimental than a plea.
5. What is your favorite color? Favorite suit of cards? What symbols and ideas are you drawn toward? Why do you think you're drawn to these? My favorite color are torquoise and burgundy. Burgundy is such a warm, autumny color I associate with cozyness, moments in solitude with a big mug of tea and a good book. Torquoise makes me thing of the ocean with all it's wild strenght. As for symbols... I am somehow drawn to the moon. I Can't really say why, but there is something magical about it.

2. What is your idea of the perfect day? Sleeping in, eating good food for breakfast. Getting dressed in comfy clothes. Reading, dancing, watching a movie or a tv show. Maybe meeting friends. Pretty much relaxing and not doing much. I have quite a stressful everyday life and I am always very glad whenever I can withdraw from it and spend time alone.

SO as you probably can see, I picked out random questions I felt like asnwering :D I am very tired (almost midnight here), so I am saying Good night to everyone out there. Don't hesitate to ask questions, because I am quite sure, I didnt provide you with enough information, to guess my type ;)

wutzforlife

MBTI Type
xNFJ
EDIT: So someone just opened a thread about MBTI being very subjectively and that many forum members open type me threads just to be typed as an INFJ or INTJ(?)... and I felt like this someone spoke to me :D So to be honest, when I took a test for the first time a few months ago my Result was INFJ and I read a very detailed type description. I was amazed by its accuracy and I somehow felt so understood and relieved, because there finally was an explanation to my constant feelings of being a bit of an outsider though having a handful of great friends. I would always get along well with basically everyone. I would be accepted by the "cool kids" and by the nerds. I would be welcome everywhere, but I never really felt truly connected. Because I was just a bit different. I was so happy when I found out I was an INFJ. I was excited and I took different tests, my results stayed mainly INFJ. Sometimes I got INFP and somehow I was disappointed. And lately I've also been testing ISTJ, which kind of confused me.Also the whole Intuition thing. I am very Fe for sure. But I am not sure about intuition. Sometimes I find myelf trying to differentiate between the cognitive function, but I can't seem to find an answer. I honestly don't know how to answer many questions in these tests. Because im just unsure about the way I do things, think, feel and so on. Sometimes I don't know, if the answer I chose represents the real me or if it's just the way I want to be. These tests are hard to take, if you can see through the questions' intentions, so it almost feel like cheating. So I decided to just write down a bit about myself without and hopefully some of you guys would contribute their thoughts. After all for me there is always the possibilty that MBTI is complete nonsense and that I don't fit any category. Which is okay as well. This thread is not about making myself feel special or something like that as a user suggested elsewhere. (Maybe I got him or her totally wrong, so sorry if that is the case...)

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always think that only questionnaires or just discerption is not sufficient to type people, we have to have more communication with you, and I also find videos to be very helpful in typing..
But practically speaking you definitely sound like an XNFJ, I was kinda confused whether it's E or I, a young ENFJ would think he/she is an introvert, but you stated later that you're accepted in different communities but never felt really connected to them which is an ENFJ trait, And as an ENFJ myself,for example, I find difficulty fitting in a specific group and find difficulty labeling myself if that make sense, therefore I have different kind of friends from different groups, and I sometimes feel an inferior to extremely extroverted groups or groups that have certain way of communication that I can't get along with..
ENFJ are always seeking for harmony among people around them and are usually very charismatic and appreciated by those who know them, so can I ask you whether or not you feel that people find you charming? Do people find it easy to read your emotions?
By answering these questions we might get a little closer to finding out your type[emoji6]

wutzforlife

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Thank you [MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION]. I actually never took an extroverted type into consideration, because I've always seen myself as introverted. Though I like going to parties where I know some of the visitors, I like to leave earlier than most of the other people. I enjoy solitude and it's vital for me to recharge after a stressful week/time. But the description of the ENFJ sounds familiar in many aspects. I don't know how reliable my source is, but I read that ENFJs tend to be very self critical and close-mouthed when it comes to their deepest values and wishes. They would rather resign stating their opinions in order to avoid a huge conflict. And that sounds like a perfect match to me. I also read that the ENFJ might feel lonely despite being surrounded by many people (I think this is typically INFJ as well?) and this si something I can relate to extremely well.
As for being charismatic I can say that I've heard that quite a few times. I can be charming, funny and bubbly, if that's what I want to come of as. But naturally I am rather quiet and reserved. I act very calm and I have almost perfectionzed hiding my feelings, because showing them makes me feel so uncomfortable and vulnerable. My friends often ask me for advice and I am always willing to offer support, but I rarely talk with my friends about my own problems. For me it takes a tremendous amount of courage to open up.
Sometimes people think of me as a slightly distant person, quite aloof. But usually I appear to be calm and friendly.

When it comes to perceiving my environment I am one to absorb a lot of details at once. Sometimes I am quite overwhelmed and I have trouble focusing on the relevant stimuli. One example: in university we have sort of workshops and we usually work in small groups or with just one partner and when everyone is talking it's extremely hard for me to focus on the tasks, because I want to listen to every conversation and I watch the people walking by at the window and I see the poeple moving in the room and it's just too much... These moments make me withdraw from reality. I might escape into my own little world in my head to sort out my thoughts and gather more strenghts. I also struggle with living in the moment. I am always thinking about the past and the future. I make plans, I work towards my goals and I neglect opportunities right in front of me just to make sure that my plans work out or that people around me are happy. As much as I want to be able to switch of my brain for a while I cannot do it. My thoughts keep going all the time. What if....
Not long ago I visited a page that had a title something like that: "You know you are not an INFJ, when..." One answer was "when you are extremely sentimental". And I consider myself a sentimental human being. A often think about things in my past that I could have done differently and how it would have affected me in the here and now and in the future and these thoughts can be pretty depressing. I am a ponderer.

I am very analytical and I like logical things and science to a certain point. But I think that logic and science can't be applied on everything as there is more between heaven and earth as we can see or measure. I also have weird associations all the time and I don't really now where they stem from, but they turn out to be true most of the time. Sometimes it's a bit scary, but it's great to be able to rely on them and my feelings that guard me into a certain direction.

I used to be a very active person, training 6 days a week and competing regularly (though I was never a competitive type!), but since starting medical school, I withdraw from competitive sports, but I still like to move and be outside. Doing sports is another vital thing to me I need to to recharge. after stressful times.

Overall I would say I am person that can suprise people when they get to know me well. Usually people think of me as a well-behaved, distant, but friendly "nerd", but once I get to know them better, they can't believe what I might be talking about or what I do. It's easy for me to act as a certain personality and I usually try to present myself as a rather cheerful person, but it can be draining (especially if I just do it to hide my real feelings) and after a long day it usually feels good to be able to just be "myself" again.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you [MENTION=26281]geedoenfj[/MENTION]. I actually never took an extroverted type into consideration, because I've always seen myself as introverted. Though I like going to parties where I know some of the visitors, I like to leave earlier than most of the other people. I enjoy solitude and it's vital for me to recharge after a stressful week/time. But the description of the ENFJ sounds familiar in many aspects. I don't know how reliable my source is, but I read that ENFJs tend to be very self critical and close-mouthed when it comes to their deepest values and wishes. They would rather resign stating their opinions in order to avoid a huge conflict. And that sounds like a perfect match to me. I also read that the ENFJ might feel lonely despite being surrounded by many people (I think this is typically INFJ as well?) and this si something I can relate to extremely well.
As for being charismatic I can say that I've heard that quite a few times. I can be charming, funny and bubbly, if that's what I want to come of as. But naturally I am rather quiet and reserved. I act very calm and I have almost perfectionzed hiding my feelings, because showing them makes me feel so uncomfortable and vulnerable. My friends often ask me for advice and I am always willing to offer support, but I rarely talk with my friends about my own problems. For me it takes a tremendous amount of courage to open up.
Sometimes people think of me as a slightly distant person, quite aloof. But usually I appear to be calm and friendly.

When it comes to perceiving my environment I am one to absorb a lot of details at once. Sometimes I am quite overwhelmed and I have trouble focusing on the relevant stimuli. One example: in university we have sort of workshops and we usually work in small groups or with just one partner and when everyone is talking it's extremely hard for me to focus on the tasks, because I want to listen to every conversation and I watch the people walking by at the window and I see the poeple moving in the room and it's just too much... These moments make me withdraw from reality. I might escape into my own little world in my head to sort out my thoughts and gather more strenghts. I also struggle with living in the moment. I am always thinking about the past and the future. I make plans, I work towards my goals and I neglect opportunities right in front of me just to make sure that my plans work out or that people around me are happy. As much as I want to be able to switch of my brain for a while I cannot do it. My thoughts keep going all the time. What if....
Not long ago I visited a page that had a title something like that: "You know you are not an INFJ, when..." One answer was "when you are extremely sentimental". And I consider myself a sentimental human being. A often think about things in my past that I could have done differently and how it would have affected me in the here and now and in the future and these thoughts can be pretty depressing. I am a ponderer.

I am very analytical and I like logical things and science to a certain point. But I think that logic and science can't be applied on everything as there is more between heaven and earth as we can see or measure. I also have weird associations all the time and I don't really now where they stem from, but they turn out to be true most of the time. Sometimes it's a bit scary, but it's great to be able to rely on them and my feelings that guard me into a certain direction.

I used to be a very active person, training 6 days a week and competing regularly (though I was never a competitive type!), but since starting medical school, I withdraw from competitive sports, but I still like to move and be outside. Doing sports is another vital thing to me I need to to recharge. after stressful times.

Overall I would say I am person that can suprise people when they get to know me well. Usually people think of me as a well-behaved, distant, but friendly "nerd", but once I get to know them better, they can't believe what I might be talking about or what I do. It's easy for me to act as a certain personality and I usually try to present myself as a rather cheerful person, but it can be draining (especially if I just do it to hide my real feelings) and after a long day it usually feels good to be able to just be "myself" again.

Well I saw a lot in myself in you already, when I was your age I was more introverted and more like what you described, and still people would find me shy and conservative, I often get so clumsy when people are starting at me, which happens quite often (charisma wonders lol) but when they get to know me more it's a complete different story, I'm also cheerful and crazy and angry but I can balance that so it wouldn't be "draining"..
It's interesting that you're distracted by people and that people reach you for advice, I don't think INFJs are often reached for advice because they more objective than subjective when talking to people, they're more likely to have certain opinion about individuals rather than influencing or suggesting a solution for the situation..
I'm dumb in maths (and in science in general) but I'm fascinated by how things are done, how do they work, I even used to crack my toys as a kid to know how is it working, I also so interested in nutrition and body well being, and different uses of a specific objects, I love to see different things in a whole different eyes..
Yep that's pretty much it [emoji4] what do you think?

wutzforlife

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Well I saw a lot in myself in you already, when I was your age I was more introverted and more like what you described, and still people would find me shy and conservative, I often get so clumsy when people are starting at me, which happens quite often (charisma wonders lol) but when they get to know me more it's a complete different story, I'm also cheerful and crazy and angry but I can balance that so it wouldn't be "draining"..
It's interesting that you're distracted by people and that people reach you for advice, I don't think INFJs are often reached for advice because they more objective than subjective when talking to people, they're more likely to have certain opinion about individuals rather than influencing or suggesting a solution for the situation..
I'm dumb in maths (and in science in general) but I'm fascinated by how things are done, how do they work, I even used to crack my toys as a kid to know how is it working, I also so interested in nutrition and body well being, and different uses of a specific objects, I love to see different things in a whole different eyes..
Yep that's pretty much it [emoji4] what do you think?
Yes, I am very sensitive to noise and I am having a hard time concentrating when people around me are talking and moving around. I am always half listening to their conversations which can be much more interesting than would I should be doing :D
And about my position as a "counselor": It's only been happening for about 3 years that my friends come up to me telling me about their feelings and problems and I suggest solutions. When I was younger I always felt kind of left out, because my "friends" wouldn't tell me certain things as they thought I wouldn't be interested or I wouldn't be able to understand. (To be specific, I wasn't interested in getting a boyfriend with 12 or 13, I simply didn't care about that topic and those girls thought I was immature, simply because I was preoccupied with a lot of different things that didn't involve boys :D rather funny looking back on it now. There is only one person left from this time that I call my friend.) I think I've become a lot more open-minded in the past years and I am able to think things through from another person's standpoint, how something is affecting them and their environment. I try to not base my opinion and my advice on my own values, but on what I believe is the best to them without doing harm to other people.

I actually liked maths :D But I've always felt more drawn to languages. I love writing and that's something I really miss, because Medicine is just dry theory (at least when you are still a student in the preclinical stage).
So I guess I still have no clue, what my type is, but this isn't a problem :D I hope I can continue my research during the next weeks and find out more about it in general. Where I live MBTI isn't popular at all.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound like a textbook EII (INFj) to me so MBTI INFJ sounds good.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I am very sensitive to noise and I am having a hard time concentrating when people around me are talking and moving around. I am always half listening to their conversations which can be much more interesting than would I should be doing :D
And about my position as a "counselor": It's only been happening for about 3 years that my friends come up to me telling me about their feelings and problems and I suggest solutions. When I was younger I always felt kind of left out, because my "friends" wouldn't tell me certain things as they thought I wouldn't be interested or I wouldn't be able to understand. (To be specific, I wasn't interested in getting a boyfriend with 12 or 13, I simply didn't care about that topic and those girls thought I was immature, simply because I was preoccupied with a lot of different things that didn't involve boys :D rather funny looking back on it now. There is only one person left from this time that I call my friend.) I think I've become a lot more open-minded in the past years and I am able to think things through from another person's standpoint, how something is affecting them and their environment. I try to not base my opinion and my advice on my own values, but on what I believe is the best to them without doing harm to other people.

I actually liked maths :D But I've always felt more drawn to languages. I love writing and that's something I really miss, because Medicine is just dry theory (at least when you are still a student in the preclinical stage).
So I guess I still have no clue, what my type is, but this isn't a problem :D I hope I can continue my research during the next weeks and find out more about it in general. Where I live MBTI isn't popular at all.

Though I don't think it's good to rush things, you can take your time to discover yourself and have fun in the journey, but God coming from you I've got that feeling that someone is telling me my life story!! Things like these is what makes me constantly interested in this forum, it freaks me out in a cool way [emoji1]..
The "friends", the boys, putting myself in other people's shoes all the time imagining how it feels like on the receiving end, the way how I work on one thing and still interested about others' conversations and find them more interesting which throws everyone out of whack, even languages, I used to think that I should be able to speak 6 languages, and I can pick on words kind of quickly, but I wish I'm good at math I suck, mom I'm sorry [emoji174]
I think when you participate more in this forum you get to know more about yourself and about others around you, you'll think about people that you know and go like "oh now that's what it is!" so enjoy it have fun, don't rush things [emoji4], and if you need help with that I'll always be around [emoji6]..
MBIT is not popular at all where I live either, people would be surprised to find out that about me [emoji2]

wutzforlife

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Though I don't think it's good to rush things, you can take your time to discover yourself and have fun in the journey, but God coming from you I've got that feeling that someone is telling me my life story!! Things like these is what makes me constantly interested in this forum, it freaks me out in a cool way [emoji1]..
The "friends", the boys, putting myself in other people's shoes all the time imagining how it feels like on the receiving end, the way how I work on one thing and still interested about others' conversations and find them more interesting which throws everyone out of whack, even languages, I used to think that I should be able to speak 6 languages, and I can pick on words kind of quickly, but I wish I'm good at math I suck, mom I'm sorry [emoji174]
I think when you participate more in this forum you get to know more about yourself and about others around you, you'll think about people that you know and go like "oh now that's what it is!" so enjoy it have fun, don't rush things [emoji4], and if you need help with that I'll always be around [emoji6]..
MBIT is not popular at all where I live either, people would be surprised to find out that about me [emoji2]
That must be so weird for you :D Yes, I really want to participate on here and learn more about myself and the people around me. The minds of human beings are so interesting and fascinating. Last summer I learned so much about the biochemistry and physiology of our brains and it is unbelievable what these electrical stimulations do to us. I cannot put my fascination into words. In about a year I am going to start to write my doctor's thesis and I would love to do research in the field of neurocognitive science :D

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That must be so weird for you :D Yes, I really want to participate on here and learn more about myself and the people around me. The minds of human beings are so interesting and fascinating. Last summer I learned so much about the biochemistry and physiology of our brains and it is unbelievable what these electrical stimulations do to us. I cannot put my fascination into words. In about a year I am going to start to write my doctor's thesis and I would love to do research in the field of neurocognitive science :D

Good luck then [emoji1356][emoji255]

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

That's interesting, good luck then, have a nice day [emoji1356][emoji255]