User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: J or P?

MBTI
    INTJ

Default J or P?

I would like to find out what type I am. I consistently test as an INTJ, but my functions and description seem to more closely match the INTP, except I'm very independent and confident of my capabilities, which seems to be a more INTJ thing.

Is there anything I can do to get a clear answer?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

LOL I'm pretty confident of my capabilities. Also not confident with regard to my disabilities. It's only LOGICAL, no? Post a video of yourself so we can work one out try to type you.

MBTI
    ENFP

How important is it to you during your free time that things be organized and structured?

MBTI
    ENFJ

How do you plan your time?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Sometimes it helps to remember that MBTI isn't an exact science. There are in fact a lot of gray areas, areas where types overlap.

I think that most NTs are going to have very strong use of Ti, just by our default programming, so the NTP characteristics are apparent in most of us.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse View Post
    How important is it to you during your free time that things be organized and structured?
    I like things to be organized, but to certain extent. My room and my locker are both terrible messes, but they make sense to me, so I can easily find what I need and put it back where I can find the next time I need it.

In regards to free time, I don't follow any set plan. But everything else in my life is practically set in stone. I plan which textbooks I take to which classes (I bring geometry stuff to chemistry, my locker is too far away from both classes). I'm also extremely punctual, and get to things early. I also plan most of the events in my life, and hate doing things last minute because somebody else didn't do something early enough.

I guess for me, free time is a time to wind down and just do whatever I happen to want to do, whether it be reading, watching TV, researching topics online, or just thinking. However, I can't truly relax knowing I have an impending due date and I know I haven't done enough work, or knowing that my plans have gaping holes and inconsistencies.

The big reasons why I thought I was an INTP were my love of theory and knowledge, a strong dislike of people who use words incorrectly (why do people call binders notebooks when they're really binders? They even have the proper name written on them!) or fail express their idea correctly,and (sometimes, it depends on the exact circumstances) the feeling that I failed miserably, no matter what people say or do to convince me otherwise.

MBTI
    ENFJ

INTJ.

Your habits sound pretty similar to mine, actually.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Undecided. A lot of the habits you describe can be universal, though skewed a bit toward the J side. My old INTJ friend would actually schedule free time throughout the week. The concept is totally foreign to me; I can't enjoy myself if I have a time limit. You have kind of an INTP presense, so I dunno.

MBTI
    ENFP

I would guess you are a P that has learned J ways.

Is someone close to you a J that thinks it is "bad" to not have things in order?

MBTI
    INTJ

Unfortunately, all of my friends are P, and so are my parents.