• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP would you agree?

SwimmerGal97

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Just been diagnosed with anxiety, years of denial has skewed my opinion of myself as well as made me see myself as I wanted to be seen

2)What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I really REALLY wish I knew what I wanted in life. Right now I’m just stuck with a feeling of ‘this isn’t what I want’…helpful. I get impatient with life a lot and I want to do everything right now and I get quite exciteable and restless and worked up, leading to an inevitable crash. My interests are very wide ranging and I don’t even know what sort of thing I want to do or what lifestyle I want to lead. Probably self employed given my history with structured organisations.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being patronised or people thinking I can’t cope with things, as well as people who are too confining

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Well I have anxiety so in my circumstance its kinda hard to say because EVERYTHING weighs on my mind here

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Complete control. But quietly….I will orchestrate a project, delegate roles, tell everyone what to do down to exactly how I want any outcomes to be presented but when it comes to presenting I won’t shout about how much I did and I let someone else present it

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Just off the top of my head, I had a lot of fun on Tuesday. Nothing huge just really getting on with friends on a group, feeling carefree and silly. We were playing the song category on heads up and none of us could sing, we were all crap, and it didn’t feel like there was any pressure to be any good or beat anyone or anything. I just forgot about the rest of the people around our group and didn’t care. I felt like I was fully engaged in the moment which isn’t something that happens very often.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Do it myself on google. I’m a very independent learner and I have a lot of trouble with school. I’m not a trouble kid I just HATE being told how to do things (especially in art which is my talent and my teacher really rubs me up the wrong way- every lesson starts with a yelling at in front of the whole class (not just me, every gets that, it’s supposed to be helpful and motivational apparently….) and checking what I’ve done since last lesson which is usually one or two days ago and then she spend a lot of time watching over my shoulder which annoys the hell out of me. I got to a point where I just stopped doing work she was making me that miserable and everytime I went to try and do art work I just got really down through association and then got even more down because if I didn’t get the work done, I got yelled at so I’d get the work done but it would be of poor standard which didn’t reflect what I was capable of (she said ‘it doesn’t matter, its just about getting it done’ when for me its very important to do things to my own standards in my own work style) so I got down over looking at all that sub-standard work. It got to point where I refused to go to school because I hated art lessons that much (I also hate normal classrooms, I just switch off) and my work quality has shot up, I’m more productive, more relaxed and learning better in other subjects when I can take myself outside or something).

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I do what I believe is right and hope I am actually right and things pay off so others will forgive me :L I have a pretty strong gut feeling and when I don’t listen to it, it eats away at me (its annoying because for every one ‘this is the right option’ feeling, theres a thousand ‘this isn’t the right option’ feeling…..

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Hell I’m the type to think before thinking let alone think before talking! I prefer one on one any day. There’s more to a conversation that the words that come out of people’s mouths and I like to be able to focus. Even in groups I seek out one on one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions speak louder than words! I have been known to make a few very rash decisions (well actually I know the decisions are rash, I tell others I have a plan and I’m confident everything will work out…) although I feel more comfortable knowing right now as the unknown is putting me on edge.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Silent, bottle it up, act slightly weird maybe and then explode when I can’t take anymore. It’s not just one small outburst, its every tiny thing that’s built up comes to the surface. Normally I take an attitude of ‘this doesn’t really matter, we can get through problems’ but they affect me more than I let myself realise

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Where do I begin….rude people. Closed minded people. People who belittle others or have no regard for their feelings. People who can’t take things seriously. At the other end of the spectrum, people who take things TOO seriously. Overly politically correct people.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They’d say I’m carefree, a little lazy, prone to winging it, energetic and a bit of a dreamer. Well I’m certainly not carefree and my laziness is more due to freezing when I have too much on. I am energetic (sometimes it’s restless, I have to be careful) and they are right that I’m a dreamer.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
OUTSIDE!! Probably a hike somewhere with stunning visuals, away from my day to day life and take a couple of family members or friends with me and go exploring. I love being in nature and outside for various reasons- the fresh air clears my head and the exercise is good, I like pretty things like the sea and lakes and hills and dramatic skies and like the sound of leaves underfoot or waves breaking, it’s also good for thinking and gaining perspective on life and it makes me feel a little nostalgiac sometimes for example when I’m out in summer theres that sense of openness and friendliness and it reminds me of summers past or in autumn, that haziness that settles, when I see that I can almost smell that first November, post bonfire night smell.

mjf

MBTI Type
ENFP
My first post! Have been reading a lot into my type - ENFP...
Reading this strikes a chord with me - can definitely agree with feeling some of these points at some time in my life!
I think its a constant cycle of stages you go through - Constantly wanting to explore different routes all at the same time. I have the feeling of being lost every few months or so but realise now its just a temporary feeling and need to reassure myself I am on the right path and can be proud of where I have got to!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In ernest this does sound more ESFP than ENFP. You seem to focus a lot on the present and have difficulty expressing yourself except with pent up emotions. The carefree and fun thing sounds very ESFP too. ESFP's can also have difficulty deciding on a career path as they have many interests. They also seek to control outcomes in a more tangible way than ENFP's. Idk if this is what you want to hear and am only commenting because you asked for input.

SwimmerGal97

In ernest this does sound more ESFP than ENFP. You seem to focus a lot on the present and have difficulty expressing yourself except with pent up emotions. The carefree and fun thing sounds very ESFP too. ESFP's can also have difficulty deciding on a career path as they have many interests. They also seek to control outcomes in a more tangible way than ENFP's. Idk if this is what you want to hear and am only commenting because you asked for input.

ESFP is good, I was only asking about ENFP specifically as it'd come up a few times in the past so that's the type in particular is was looking at :) thanks for your input though! I can see the S, but I don't see me as an ESFP....although maybe I'm overgeneralsing the type and thinking they should be a certain way?

SwimmerGal97

My first post! Have been reading a lot into my type - ENFP...
Reading this strikes a chord with me - can definitely agree with feeling some of these points at some time in my life!
I think its a constant cycle of stages you go through - Constantly wanting to explore different routes all at the same time. I have the feeling of being lost every few months or so but realise now its just a temporary feeling and need to reassure myself I am on the right path and can be proud of where I have got to!

Welcome to the forum! :D The cycle thing drives me insane, you seem to have something more or less figured out and I'm so jealous :L (but hope you get where you want with that). For me my cycles are firstly in what i want to do (I wan't to be a writer or a scientist or a psychologist or an artist or something else and it's constantly changing) but also emotional ('woo! I have options' goes to 'oh god theres so many options' then 'crap theres so much i'll end up choosing nothing and i'll be a faliure' to 'what does that matter though? You only get one life and all that possibility is a great thing! Stop worrying!' and back around....)

Edit: I stalked your profile after I typed this and saw that you were an interior designer and just wanted to say I think that's really cool! How did you get into that?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP is good, I was only asking about ENFP specifically as it'd come up a few times in the past so that's the type in particular is was looking at :) thanks for your input though! I can see the S, but I don't see me as an ESFP....although maybe I'm overgeneralsing the type and thinking they should be a certain way?

Yes probably, the type descriptions often paint ESFP's very dramatically (melodramatic party goers) and mbti sites tend to have a bizarre S bias... so what ends up happening is that a lot of esfp's and esfj's get typed as enfp's by people who like them when they come here and ask about their type. However we really could do with some ESFP's here. ESFP's are pretty awesome. :smile: Also though, have you considered ISFP? that's another possibility for you as you do seem to prefer 1-2-1 and are less crowd endeared than many Esfp's.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why narrow yourself to ENFP? My initial read through of your post led me to think esfp. I didn't want to post that but then I saw [MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION] suggest the same type, so I'll jump on that bandwagon.

SwimmerGal97

Yes probably, the type descriptions often paint ESFP's very dramatically (melodramatic party goers) and mbti sites tend to have a bizarre S bias... so what ends up happening is that a lot of esfp's and esfj's get typed as enfp's by people who like them when they come here and ask about their type. However we really could do with some ESFP's here. ESFP's are pretty awesome. :smile: Also though, have you considered ISFP? that's another possibility for you as you do seem to prefer 1-2-1 and are less crowd endeared than many Esfp's.

I have considered ISFP ( I love nature and ISFP's are 'the artists' (not that I go with stereotypes or anything..) and art is my 'thing' despite my issues- although I don't like this excessively meaningful stuff...I'm more about escapism and being transported- my english teacher has a painting of the tempest on her wall and she says she keeps it because of the meaning behind the image (i nodded and went 'mhmm' as pretentious people do when they're being pretentious) but personally I liked it because I could imagine how it must feel stood on that beach (cold....and wet and windy) and how the girl must've felt and construct a made up story form the painting). My only thing with ISFP is the functions- Se/Ni, and I'm fairly sure I use Ne and Si instead :/ And yes the partygoers is the offputting thing :L I think I went to a grand total of about 4 parties last year....I'm not a fan at all

mjf

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thank you! I always loved the sciences and the arts and knew I would do something career wise down one of those.. I never knew which so took the plunge and applied to few courses and interior design came out on top! Went to uni and got my degree and then worked my way up. Still very hard with having what feels like a mid life crisis every 6 months or so panicking I should be doing something else, exploring it but realising I'm doing what I'm supposed to be! I don't think you need to narrow yourself to just one specific career. You can combine a lot of the elements together or supplement with hobbies and sidelines.

I too have looked at psychology, fine art, zoology, blogging etc etc! Something always brings me back to interior design which combines artistic and creative elements with psychology and much more! Lots of challenges and fun without ever being mundane!

Hope my waffle helps in some way!!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have considered ISFP ( I love nature and ISFP's are 'the artists' (not that I go with stereotypes or anything..) and art is my 'thing' despite my issues- although I don't like this excessively meaningful stuff...I'm more about escapism and being transported- my english teacher has a painting of the tempest on her wall and she says she keeps it because of the meaning behind the image (i nodded and went 'mhmm' as pretentious people do when they're being pretentious) but personally I liked it because I could imagine how it must feel stood on that beach (cold....and wet and windy) and how the girl must've felt and construct a made up story form the painting). My only thing with ISFP is the functions- Se/Ni, and I'm fairly sure I use Ne and Si instead :/ And yes the partygoers is the offputting thing :L I think I went to a grand total of about 4 parties last year....I'm not a fan at all

So much of what you say sounds Se. Even the painting, Ne would look for connection, meanings behind it.... Se would find that pretentious :smile: and think about the more real sensory aspects of it... cold wet windy etc. I'm certain you have Se (nothing points to Ne) from what you have posted. I am just not sure about your secondary function.

SwimmerGal97

Hope my waffle helps in some way!!

It's nice to see people that waffle! I've currently settled for criminology but have daily crises over it when I see something that could be more exciting or something I hadn't thought of...I feel sorry for the patient people that sit through all these mind changes and ideas....I'd also considered giving writing a go, that way I wouldn;t have to choose one life, I could live hundreds (well tens....and maybe only one finished...)of them through stories. But my writing would need a lot of help as would my staying power to the project...seems like fun on the side though

mjf

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's nice to see people that waffle! I've currently settled for criminology but have daily crises over it when I see something that could be more exciting or something I hadn't thought of...I feel sorry for the patient people that sit through all these mind changes and ideas....I'd also considered giving writing a go, that way I wouldn;t have to choose one life, I could live hundreds (well tens....and maybe only one finished...)of them through stories. But my writing would need a lot of help as would my staying power to the project...seems like fun on the side though

I also looked into criminology and forensics when I finished my degree! Always feel the same as you looking into different options! So hard to not feel like you are missing out or doing the wrong thing but I do think if you put all of your effort into one pathway you have the determination to make it a success. It makes me feel better, almost therapeutic to explore options whenever I have a bad day. I have learnt to trust the path I have taken though, even if there would have been lots of choices for me to have decided on for my career.

SwimmerGal97

So much of what you say sounds Se. Even the painting, Ne would look for connection, meanings behind it.... Se would find that pretentious :smile: and think about the more real sensory aspects of it... cold wet windy etc. I'm certain you have Se (nothing points to Ne) from what you have posted. I am just not sure about your secondary function.

the sensory thing has had me confused for a while- in order to 'feel' that cold and wind, I'd be referring back in my memory to a time when I was in similar conditions right? Drawing insight through experience? Is that not Si? And Ne has often been commented on more in my writing style than anything (with the side tangents)....its really hard though, especially when you think too much about it (hence why I go to forums not quizzes, the quizzes are way too obvious and I sway them)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the sensory thing has had me confused for a while- in order to 'feel' that cold and wind, I'd be referring back in my memory to a time when I was in similar conditions right? Drawing insight through experience? Is that not Si? And Ne has often been commented on more in my writing style than anything (with the side tangents)....its really hard though, especially when you think too much about it (hence why I go to forums not quizzes, the quizzes are way too obvious and I sway them)

Recalling the experiences may be si related yes, but focussing on them and how it makes you feel point to Se... they are concrete sensory things that you think of when you look at something. Ne would be more like... "This painting portrays the plight of humankind' etc... looking at what the meaning is behind the painting-the bigger picture... rather than concrete details... that's Se. People who use Se can go on tangents a plenty... they can bunny hop all over the places... just as hard as ENFP's.... ENFP's and ESFP's are very similar and tend to get on very well together because they can often be found in similar places and share similar interests... just usually what has drawn them there is different and how the perceive and experience it is also slightly different.

SwimmerGal97

I also looked into criminology and forensics when I finished my degree! Always feel the same as you looking into different options! So hard to not feel like you are missing out or doing the wrong thing but I do think if you put all of your effort into one pathway you have the determination to make it a success. It makes me feel better, almost therapeutic to explore options whenever I have a bad day. I have learnt to trust the path I have taken though, even if there would have been lots of choices for me to have decided on for my career.

I'm with you on exploring options! I have a friend who gets really mad at me for being fickle and changeable when I look at other things (I don't even do anything! I don't commit, I just say things along the lines of 'ooh imagine doing....'). The idea I'm missing out or doing the wrong thing is also horrible, I agree and I think it's really hard on kids these days having to make such big choices so young. My academic background is pretty pressured into being perfect first time round and I've seen so many people crumble because of those unrealistic expectations (we have 15year olds OD'ing on paracetamol because they're stressed over mock exams for gods sake) and it really makes my blood boil that it seems expected that young people just know what they want! Most don't and most don't have the time to figure it out as from the age of 13 we get thrown into making decisions with either 'do what will help you get the career you want'(like many 13 yr olds know) or 'if you don't know, just pick something and work it out later!' and there is no later as the pressure mounts and mounts and there is seemingly very little time to actually discover true passions! Education is not about teaching us to be parrots that all chirp the same thing, it should be about inspiring us to love learning, and encourage it to be a lifelong endeavour, not just some boring thing you have to do to get decent grades so you can have half a chance of a decent life. When there are so many kids that don't want to go to school, that don't appreciate their education then maybe it's time to take a long hard look at the system. MAybe thats just my educational background...but rant over....for like 5 minutes....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're an ISFP, then you have that Ni influencing your Se and Fi from the background. I think Ni as manifested in ISPs is less focused on grand, world-altering visions than it is on feeding their Ji and Pe with differing perspectives. That lead Fi works best when Se is engaged, but sometimes where Se falls short, that Ni is valuable for new insights into artistic expression of the Fi ideals. I use the word "artistic" in a more generalized sense, although could certainly mean the fine and performing arts. ISFPs are pretty much artists in whatever goal or career they pursue, at least at their healthiest, I think.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm on the same page with the Se stuff now...and Ne does sound damn pretentious...

I can see how it could seem that way. But Ne just makes connections by looking behind the facade and relating information to other things and possibilities. Of lead Ne users are not even very aware of their Ne... usually types with Ne as their secondary function are more aware of it. A persons lead function paves the way, the secondary decorates it. People using Ne are not trying to look superior by what they are saying, it's simply their natural state of being. When I see high heels with chains all over it reminds me of slavery of women it feel oppressive for a woman to wear them... it's not trying to look good it simply a reaction.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can see how it could seem that way. But Ne just makes connections by looking behind the facade and relating information to other things and possibilities. Of lead Ne users are not even very aware of their Ne... usually types with Ne as their secondary function are more aware of it. A persons lead function paves the way, the secondary decorates it. People using Ne are not trying to look superior by what they are saying, it's simply their natural state of being. When I see high heels with chains all over it reminds me of slavery of women it feel oppressive for a woman to wear them... it's not trying to look good it simply a reaction.

I am confused how that makes you look good?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am confused how that makes you look good?

Well it doesn't necessarily but to someone who is Se lead, when viewing an Ne lead making statements it could seem that way. E.g an ENFP looking at a painting of a burning tree and saying "poor world, this pictures shows how it is being strangled from within" or whatever... (just a sweeping bold abstract statement, it's just an example)... could be any number of things... but to an Se lead it might seem as though the ENFP is attempting to portray themselves as an art connoisseur.