User Tag List

Thread: My type

Default My type

I've taken some tests several times and have gotten a total of 2 results. I figure that it can't hurt to have some experts in this area voicing their opinions on my type.

Here are some things about myself -I don't like change unless it will obviously benefit me.
    -I can create elaboriate worlds within my mind complete with characters and dialog for said characters.
    -I have plans for things I care about, things I don't care about I let others take care of.
    -I don't like owing or taking advantage of other people and at the same time I ocasionally find myself doing this (not very often though)
    -I'm very dry. My 'normal' face is very serious, some even think I look angry (which i'm not)
    -I like routine.
    -I'm pretty boring to be around (I think, no ones actually said this but I can tell from their reactions)
    -I usually assume the worst about people.
    -I know I would seriously harm someone who messed with my loved ones.
    -I don't mind 'freaks' as long as they leave me alone (which I try to do)

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Junior Member Array

What results did you get?

1. Would you consider yourself a dreamer? Would other people consider you a dreamer?
    2. Do you have an inner group? These are "your people" and everyone outside is treated in a very different detached manner? (Kind of competitive/survival-ly.)
    3. What do you value in yourself?
    4. What do you value in others?

Senior Member Array

Have you read the type descriptions here: Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type

I'm an expert in mistyping, and this helped me a lot.

5w6 sp/so

Just a word of advice, from someone who was typed as an ISTJ by the tests, but wasn't totally sure of that result: If you've got time to spend reading about this online on your own, I recommend explanation of the "functions" by means of "function analysis". This is Jung's breakdown of typing, if I remember correctly. For instance, for ISTJs, the functional breakdown is, in order: Si, Te, Fi, Ne. You've probably seen this around. Yes, it's more complicated, but it is more detailed and catches more aspects of your personality.

The poster above me linked to a site that has it, if you go to the section of that site called "Cognitive Processes".
    Last edited by Cimarron; 09-08-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: link

Courage is immortality Array Valiant's Avatar
    8w7 sx/so

If you don't remember the results, try taking a test again. Then go on to discuss and question the results.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre of the spam View Post
    -I don't mind 'freaks' as long as they leave me alone (which I try to do)
    This struck me as something an ISTJ would say. It's an attempt at showing a tolerant attitude, but it belies the fact that you still view people in terms of how normal they are and you try to stay away from the ones who aren't.
    I don't wanna!