User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 331

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    352

    Default I want no bias here...

    I tried to keep it short for you all, oh great expert typers. With that many questions, that's not exactly possible, so, I'm happy already if you just skim parts but do give some input. Thanks for reading this =)


    A bit of background on myself: I'm female, 25+

    Questionnaire:

    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

    I seem to have two modes of how I think. One seems right brained holistic vs the other one rather left brained detail oriented. I don't want to explain more on these modes, to not bias anyone.

    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

    Working through crazy impossible seeming tasks. E.g. I had to find the way in a completely foreign place with almost zero information provided and with serious restriction on the time, it was great solving this task seemingly effortlessly; in reality I was relying a lot on gut instincts, it is fun how well that can work. I actually have done this many times :p

    Physical challenges. Feeling in flow.

    Also feel great when I feel like a real computer... Looking at a whole screen of numbers and effortlessly seeing the patterns in them and manipulating them.

    I have a similar feeling also when I've got through a real thorough detail oriented analysis of details and experiences and as a consequence can see how things work together, I see the main principles, the logical links establishing structure, determining the degree of relevancy for everything, all of it allowing me to make judgments very easily and quickly.


    4) What makes you feel inferior?

    People stuff. Also I don't like creativity tests requiring brainstorming...

    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

    The objective first and foremost. Main decisive factors of the situation/issue effortlessly selected with priorities determined either directly based on the objective or also by previous thorough analysis of the details if complexity warranted such thoroughness.

    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

    The objective determines the rest. Yes I want control.

    7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

    With friends, not feeling left out, actually involved.

    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

    Depends on the subject that I need to learn and on the circumstances, do I have enough time to cover everything, do I even need that to achieve my goal, etc.

    I have two ways primarily. One of them is learn on the move whatever I need for the task at a given moment. The advantage is that I learn it through direct experience right away. I don't like how it may not cover everything though. It will stay as a persistent annoyance in the background if I do not have complete understanding but I don't always have the time to get into everything deep enough :/. The other way is sit down learn and cover everything via thorough analysis. I will however need to practice what I've understood to commit it properly to memory and to become quick and flexible enough at application as it initially is a rather rigid understanding.


    9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

    I am very organized for my long term goals and for some daily things, many things I own have their own places as well. I do have some disorganization too that I'd rather not have so I fully clean it up periodically. Some of the small details I don't ever find enough interest to fix, though, it'd be just a waste of time. I'd rather not show those details to others tho'.

    I don't keep my daily schedule completely strictly either, I can and will easily shift timings of things, though I do get the important things done as I intended. Certain tasks that don't need more than a day's work I only do right before the deadline and that way the quality of the work is just fine but with other things that need more work than that I will try to start well in time to ensure the quality doesn't suffer.

    So overall I don't think I'm organized in everything, I'm not sure how I am compared to others though, things that I find really basic seem like overkill in terms of organization from the viewpoint of some people. At the same time I'm also accused of disorganization and procrastination, not by the same people obviously.


    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

    Principles pulled from a lot of information if it's truly a new topic. If it's in an area I already have a strong understanding of, I will just make snap judgments, right away.

    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

    The former but oh, so rarely do I have attention on this. Only if I feel responsible for the group.

    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

    Both, I can easily speak of the snap judgments, other things I will have to think about. Either way of communication works though in groups my attention is only on one person at a time and I have to constantly switch my focus between the different people to keep things together in my head.

    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

    Depends but I am often too impatient to look up things/details and then I either jump in blindly, which does bother me a bit but does not stop me from doing so, or I will quickly decide on the main decisive factors about whether to go or not to go and then again I jump in quickly. In other cases I'll get some information first. Actions and words are equal in terms of importance, words can be nice but I will check for consistency between the two.

    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

    I will go if I'm convinced it'll go well or if I decide I should go for whatever reason. Favourite show in these cases is to be watched later.

    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

    What counts as stress?

    I suppose what most people call stress, I don't perceive it as such, but I do easily get irritated at impersonal obstacles in my way and I don't hide that. I may get into outbursts with certain people if I have an issue with them, this is mostly anger related emotionality. If I feel exhausted, I'll do passive rest for a bit. I may also analyse a lot if I feel a sore lack of understanding and/or if I feel I need to change something to fix things, this happens when I get real disoriented.


    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

    Unsympathetic attitude from some people?

    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

    Intellectual topics, e.g. scientific understanding of things including my own deeper thoughts
    Computers/some gadgets
    Sports, tho this becomes analysis too, really.
    Some girly things


    18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

    People in a personal fashion
    Out of the box thinking


    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

    I've heard so many things said about me... however they would never say that I'm crazy out-there imaginative.

    These also often come up, strongly and consistently emphasized by many different people: logical, insensitive, aggressive, confident, persistent, successful, know-it-all, helpful, enthusiastic.


    20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

    I already have my days like that. I do what I want.
    Last edited by existence; 12-02-2015 at 11:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,230

    Default

    ISTP possibly
    Likes chubber, estorm liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    ISTP possibly
    Thanks, can you say more on why you see ISTP?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    352

    Default

    @Frosty6226 @chubber and everyone else reading:

    So. ISTP somewhat fits but here's some things against it. I read that ISTPs don't voice their logical opinions/judgments much, I'm actually often OK with doing so. I do keep a lot of other judgments to myself tho'.

    Also, I can make quick decisions and I like that. In another mode, I do collect and cover a lot of information first and go through the details and analyse before I get to a decision, which is again a quick process after I went through everything. I prefer having made it and don't want to keep options open. When the options are still open it is only because I'm thorough in checking out things and analysing them.

    And, sure, I have a mode of improvising via easily seeing direct concrete options/opportunities with the ability to quickly move around those; but I also have a mode where I block them out and I don't improvise then because I go by my previously decided plan. It requires a mental switch to go to improvising mode then.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,342

    Default

    I have no problem voicino it. I just don't because it's doesn't always come up and I am generally not one to push myself into the world. Those close and I talk to alot will here it more, others I am just more of a listener. Not alot of people I am close to, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't come out much.

    At work it comes out ALOT due to my position and being treated alot lime a consultant where people are looking for my opinion and logic and understanding.
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I have no problem voicino it. I just don't because it's doesn't always come up and I am generally not one to push myself into the world. Those close and I talk to alot will here it more, others I am just more of a listener. Not alot of people I am close to, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't come out much.

    At work it comes out ALOT due to my position and being treated alot lime a consultant where people are looking for my opinion and logic and understanding.
    OK that makes sense. The only difference here would be that I can do it with people who aren't close to me if I'm not being as reserved in the specific situation.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I still find the ISTP descriptions too narrow and too stereotypically P. It's like it's missing a whole other side of mine. Do any other ISTPs feel this way about it?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    OK that makes sense. The only difference here would be that I can do it with people who aren't close to me if I'm not being as reserved in the specific situation.
    I can, I just don't have a desire to so I dont. I am pretty reserved and drunk just makes me more flirty, not more Ti Ni unreserved.
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    I still find the ISTP descriptions too narrow and too stereotypically P. It's like it's missing a whole other side of mine. Do any other ISTPs feel this way about it?
    Depends on description. Those that focus on emotional aspects or what Ti means are off base with me. As if since I a Ti dom I can't see anything not "logical" and everything I do is based on logic. I know I personally feel more like a cross between istp and estp. And more estp in person, not necessarily descriptions.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Captain_Invincible liked this post

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I can, I just don't have a desire to so I dont. I am pretty reserved and drunk just makes me more flirty, not more Ti Ni unreserved.
    I sometimes do have a desire... maybe because that's a way to try and participate in the convo going on. You are less interested in that then?

    I do use other ways too to participate, btw. This is one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Depends on description. Those that focus on emotional aspects or what Ti means are off base with me. As if since I a Ti dom I can't see anything not "logical" and everything I do is based on logic. I know I personally feel more like a cross between istp and estp. And more estp in person, not necessarily descriptions.
    Yeah I feel like a cross too between those two types! :p And ST in general, except ESTJ, I definitely don't relate to Te-dom

    So are you saying that you are not always doing things strictly based on logic and that you do actually have some emotions?!

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Insight to the ENFP? No idea here :/
    By girlinthePNW in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 12:20 AM
  2. No pressure here then
    By Betty Blue in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 12:40 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Do you really want to hurt me? (here's your chance!)
    By miss fortune in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 09:22 PM
  5. If a noob posts in this forum and no one reads it am I really here?
    By Delilah in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO