• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP or ISTP?

SwimmerGal97

I'm stuck between INTP and ISTP, which do you think? Don't feel confined to those two types, if you think I'm something else then please say what and why :)

1. What aspect of your personality makes you unsure of your type?

I'm so changeable and in the middle of the spectrum from all four dichotomies. I/E is pretty hard to define as its not quite as simple as loud vs shy. I'm not as abstract as N types but I'm more future oriented then some S. I detatch like a T but can relate to people and empathise in a way I imagine an F would. I feel comfortable being prepared over improvising and I'm always early like a J but I'm also a procrastinator and indecisive like a P.

2.what do you yearn for in life?

Exitement. Something out of the ordinary. Something impressive. I haven't really got this down yet but I wouldn't be satisfied with a life where I get an alright job then get married and live in the suburbs and have a few kids then grow old and retire to somewhere pretty and spoil the grandkids. It sounds nice and I don't look down on that if its what makes someone happy but for me, it wouldn't be enough. I need to feel like I've done something worthwhile, I'm made my mark, done something to be proud of.

3. What are you like day to day?

Well I'm still at school (my last year thank God) and I'm at the same place I've been for the last 8 years. I feel bored, unstimulated and confined as now at 18 I'm a very different person to who I was when I was eleven yet I'm still treated in a similar fashion. When I was younger I was shy and spent a lot of time reading fantasy stories and in was very under of myself. Now I have a lot of confidence in my abilities, I'm a lot more pragmatic and world aware. In some ways i still have that childish dreamer in me. still feel expected to be shy and unsure and get pushed into a bracket I no longer belong in and its incredibly frustrating yet hard to break out of as although I know where I DON'T fit, I don't yet know where I do. On a usual day I'm quite quiet, spend time in my head as its more exciting and Im a hard worker.

4. When are you at your best?

When dealing with a crisis involving others. People falling apart makes me jump into action, I'm 'together' and a good decision maker and quick thinker. In a lot of situations I'm prone to over thinking so in a pressured situation I still think but can't over think which works for me. In situations like this I get to use my full range of skills: I have a good perspective, I can see various outcomes and see how different people wilk be affected as well as empathise with all those involved however don't let any of that take over and can use it to make more informed, insightful decisions about what action to take to stick to the 'right' (usually protecting bystanders/innocents who will be hurt but didn't choose to be involved) thing to do. When my friends are having their own personal crises I'm usually the one they turn to for perspective on the situation, someone who will talk through it with them and can empathise but will give it to them straight no matter if they like it or not. I'm not a sugar coater. Interestingly, when it's my own issues I'm not that great. Handling other people, I'm good, handling me? Ugh I don't get me. Exam period is probably the best example of this when it's my future in my hands and I seem to consistently underperform. I do hold I together though and its usually only AFTER the stressful but has gone that it really hits me. Study leave I'm chill as can be. When I'm truly at my best I'm cool headed but witty. Authorative but not cruel. Charming yet 100% focused.

5.do you like being in a relationship?

I've never been in one so I can't say. I turn down dates as I prefer to focus on what I'm doing now with my education and think romance and relationships can wait. It baffles me when I'm in the loos at school and you hear 12/13 year olds in tears over some boy who 'told her loved her then dumped her!' And it makes me want to roll my eyes and slap them :L there's a time and a place for everything and I don't think teenage years about relationships, I think they're about learning about yourself and accepting yourself and preparing for the future.

6. Why are you interested in typology?

I don't know where I fit in the world. I don't have a 'thing' and currently I'm drifting and I hate it. Typology gives me...a category? That comes across as wrong, I hate being pushed into categories but I think just something that gives me an indicator as to who I am as I'm pushing through this hard but necessary phase (i think all this means I'm actually growing up, learning to be my own person, questioning things. I really want in life to know where my strengths are best used. To be able to use them all together in that perfect way so I can do that one thing that suits me perfectly). Typology is a means of exploring who I am, what sort of person I am in a way that I can relate to others with. I can look at them to understand me instead of grasping at abstract ideas that I don't really get.

7. If you could do anything interesting he works right now what would it be?

Sorry to not be really feel and profound or anything but probably go and get with the guy I've been lusting after for a while :L although that would definitely get me in a lot of trouble...

8. What does your life say about you?

So far? Indecisive, unsure, weak, dependent on others. But I also know I have the potential and ability to turn that around and that's what I intend to do.