User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    Male INFJs use Ni and Ti
    whilst the females use Fe and Se
    in general - males are more introverted than females
    The theory is rather that because of cultural bias (male identity and stereotypes), male INFJs will focus on and exaggerate the degree to which they use Ti, and maybe wrongly think they use it more than Fe. Self-observation isn't an easy thing.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amad Mozart

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    male INFJs will focus on and exaggerate the degree to which they use Ti, and maybe wrongly think they use it more than Fe.
    why, though, would your middle two functions have to be in a specific order?

and whats the difference between exaggerating the degree of usage of Ti and actually using Ti more often?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    hahaha yes it's quite possible. it's that Ti and intuition. INTP profiles actually fit me better than INFJ profiles. i'm definitely an Ni user, though; not Ne. also, my dad is INTP and i basically copied his thinking style as a child.

i'm way more sensitive to the feeling world (Fe) than INTPs though. (but some of the people that i teach MBTI to swear i'm INTP)

INFJs commonly mistype themselves as INTPs.

don't get tripped up by the P/J divide. are you an Ni user or Ne user? does your Fe hinder your actions significantly? those are the questions you should be asking yourself.
    I'm starting to think I'm more of an INTP but with a fairly developed Ne. Also, I'm guessing my somewhat difficult past helped me to develop my F side a good deal and taught me how to use the other side of the continuum for the other aspects. My mother thought that I was a ESTJ for the longest time. Nuts, huh?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by aic View Post
    Also, I'm guessing my somewhat difficult past helped me to develop my F side a good deal and taught me how to use the other side of the continuum for the other aspects.
    interesting. it was the opposite for me; my past made me repress my F to the point where i basically lived in Ni+Ti mode. which is of course why i typed myself as (and am constantly typed as) a T.

i only developed my Fe as i became more introspective/healthy.

the MBTI letters are misleading...INTPs and INFJs seem much more alike than INTPs and INFPs or INFJs and INTJs. (i find that different judgment functions lead to much more disagreement than different perceiving functions.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I guess perception compatibility means you "see" (take in) things the same way, but judgment is sort of the "output", and not being judgment compatible will cause clashes as you react to things in different ways.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ

interesting. it was the opposite for me; my past made me repress my F to the point where i basically lived in Ni+Ti mode. which is of course why i typed myself as (and am constantly typed as) a T.

i only developed my Fe as i became more introspective/healthy.

the MBTI letters are misleading...INTPs and INFJs seem much more alike than INTPs and INFPs or INFJs and INTJs. (i find that different judgment functions lead to much more disagreement than different perceiving functions.)
    Haha, that sounds very logical. I took the test again using my gut and I got IXXP so I took the tie-breaker and got the NF temperament.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Haha, that sounds very logical. I took the test again using my gut and I got IXXP so I took the tie-breaker and got the NF temperament.
    meh; people on the fringe of T and F are impossible to type with dichotomies. you really have to learn the functions.

you could also try this test:
    Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

not amazingly accurate, but it might be a good starting point.

MBTI
    INFJ

meh; people on the fringe of T and F are impossible to type with dichotomies. you really have to learn the functions.

you could also try this test:
    Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

not amazingly accurate, but it might be a good starting point.
    I guess I'm the dichotomy. I base my decisions on how other people might feel and reasoning way more than the way I feel. It's time for me to just accept not really fitting into a type and be unique but thank you very much for your insight!

MBTI
    INFP

I like to base my decisions on how other people might feel and logical facts way more than the way I feel.
    That sounds pretty "Fe Ti" to me. (aka.. INFJ)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I guess I'm the dichotomy. I base my decisions on how other people might feel and reasoning way more than the way I feel. It's time for me to just accept not really fitting into a type and be unique but thank you very much for your insight!
    ha. you're INFJ; i agree with disregard (i still want to call her dana)