User Tag List

First 123 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I really like the Murray State ISTP description. Can't speak for the ISFP one but my ISFP bf liked it, anyway (ISFP - Introverted Feeling with Sensing). He can also be clumsy and spacey at times (as can I), though he's definitely S. If that helps.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, as I said in another of these topics, that ISFP description is the best description of me I've ever read.
    Based on SaltyWench's link, I think I may be 3/4 ISFP and 1/4 INFP. I might come off as INFP to a casual observer but I still do feel a strong SP side inside me.

Thanks for the links, folks!

Are you sure that you are an F? ISTPs are Chart-the-Course.

Did you look at the Cognitive Processes? I couldn't figure out my type until I looked at the processes and the Interaction Styles.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Are you sure that you are an F? ISTPs are Chart-the-Course.

Did you look at the Cognitive Processes? I couldn't figure out my type until I looked at the processes and the Interaction Styles.
    Very very sure on the strong F. Even more so now thanks to the excellent links you guys gave me.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You don't strike me as INFP, for what it's worth.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You don't strike me as INFP, for what it's worth.
    Whew, thanks!

Based on Keirsey's type description though, it would probably be hard for an observer to approximate within the first few meetings whether I was NFP or SFP.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by OperaLover View Post
    Whew, thanks!

Based on Keirsey's type description though, it would probably be hard for an observer to approximate within the first few meetings whether I was NFP or SFP.
    Yeah, most observers.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by OperaLover View Post
    I read online and it seems that ISFPs are supposed to be grounded in the present and their environment, good at sports, in tune with their bodies and graceful and with good reflexes (among other attributes).

Now, I'm very clumsy, I walk around lost in thought all the time which ends up with me breaking stuff (or hurting myself), I have the reflexes of a sloth and I almost never notice signs or stuff around me. I just got back from holiday and my ISTJ travel companion drove me crazy... and vice versa.

I read the online descriptions of INFPs and it sounds so much like me (other qualities rather than just the clumsiness) yet every test I do marks me as an ISFP (and with a strong S too).

Keirsey and Meyers-Briggs are just trying to drive me nuts, aren't they?
    Keirsey and Myers-Briggs drive a lot of people nuts. I'm a fan of Linda Berens' books on type instead (see Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type for much better descriptions of the SP types).

I'm graceful and I love to dance, but I suck at all sports. It's more accurate to say that SPs (generally) care about keeping limber and active (because who wants to lose their mobility?) and that we love engaging in pastimes that are fun (whatever those may be) than to say we're all "athletic".

I really think that whenever we're engrossed in figuring out whether something's worth valuing (dominant introverted feeling) or are enamored with a vision in your mind of what we could do in the near future (tertiary introverted intuition), then we're gonna tune out of the present moment temporarily, which may make us seem like a space cadets, especially to the extraverted SPs, who probably rarely leave their dominant extraverted sensing mode. I can be COMPLETELY oblivious to what's going on around me if I'm having too much fun thinking about some project I really want to get started on! (especially if there's nothing fun going on in the present moment)

Oh, and type tests seem to be a waste of time for most people, especially Artisans (SPs) who tend to think of every question contextually -- as in, give me a concrete example of a situation and I'll tell you what I'd do or think in that situation, but asking me to notice vague patterns about my behavior leaevs me cold. I tend to test as an NF, and yet I know I don't fit the Idealist temperament at all. :P

Sarah

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post

Oh, and type tests seem to be a waste of time for most people, especially Artisans (SPs) who tend to think of every question contextually -- as in, give me a concrete example of a situation and I'll tell you what I'd do or think in that situation, but asking me to notice vague patterns about my behavior leaevs me cold. I tend to test as an NF, and yet I know I don't fit the Idealist temperament at all. :P
    Heh. I was just re-reading this topic and this part jumped out at me because I think it's so true. Almost all the type tests present these hypothetical situations that leave me wanting to know more details of the context, a desire that is one of the traits of our temperament! So, it's not surprising that many SPs could test as NPs because many times the questions aren't specific enough. Even the first time I took the Keirsey Temperament Sorter in the original, Please Understand Me, I tested as INFP. The difference between then and now is only age and life experience. I don't think my temperament actually changed in the last 12 years or so, but when you ask a 20 year old if they rely more on past experiences or future possibilities to make decisions, I would venture to guess the overwhelming majority of them will say the future. There is a natural youthful idealism that high school/college-age kids have about seeing all these possibilities for changing the world for the better, and plenty of Sensor types have that too. It doesn't mean that we're actually intuitive and then change, I think it just means we haven't fully developed our natural cynicism yet.

What I was thinking about this sounded much better in my head but I'm not finding the words very well when I'm trying to type it. Oh well. I think maybe what I was thinking is that MBTI tests might be better if they were interactive. I have kind of done this with people that I've tried to "type" in person, because you get more out of follow-up questions and discussing real life situations than all the hypothetical vague stuff like "Is it better to be just than merciful?" I mean, honestly, my answer to that is that it's better to be BOTH. There's got to be a better way to ask questions that presents real situations and lets people really establish their natural instinct patterns and not have to do so much just picking one for the sake of getting a test overwith.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Enneagram
    1w2

Moved to What's my Type?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3