• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

4w5 or 5w4?

margo505

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've been trying to figure this out for literally months.

4 with a strong 5 wing? 5 with a strong 4 wing? 4 with a 3 wing? what? mr. enneagram?

i'm very creative. i enjoy playing electric guitar and listening to music, and i write and draw a ton. doing all these things often stresses me out, because i'm always thinking about how good i want to be at whatever i'm doing, or how unlikely it is that i will ever make anything as great as the stuff i myself like. i always wish i could enjoy the process more, and just be. i often compare myself to my favorite artists and singers, or whoever my creative role model is. i look for as many connections as i can find so that i'll feel more like them and therefore more capable of achieving what they've achieved. whatever my interest is at the moment, i'll study it very intensely until i'm bored of it or until i know enough that i am satisfied. (like, for example, i will spend an hour trying to figure out the exact note played in a certain part of a song-just one note. or i'll spend months trying to figure out my damn enneagram type.) i'm usually very sarcastic, and really introverted, but only because most people bore me, and seem very superficial. if i find someone who interests me, and they don't annoy me or i don't get a bad vibe from them, i'll gladly talk to them about whatever interests we have in common. i always been very curious and asked tons of questions, and i've never been afraid to do so. i like talking about how i feel, but only with someone i trust, like my best friend or my therapist. i have left friendships because people expected too much of me or got too clingy. my room is my sanctuary and i just wish people would stop expecting things from me, god knows i expect nothing from them. i have been very depressed before and can be really emotional- i tend to harp on my worries and emotions, but more recently i've been detatching from them, becoming tired of being sad and choosing to just stop thinking about it, and everything else that gives me feeling, which is tough, because i connect and compare myself to a lot of things. (when im in this state i think "ok, i just wont try anymore. i wont feel and ill stop following my passions and then ill stop being dissapointed." but then it passes and i feel normal and inspired again) i used to be shamelessly clingy with my close friends, or desperate with someone i had a crush on, but through experience (and other people doing it to ME) ive learnt that this pushes people away and unnattractive, and have become pretty good at turning it off. people see me as aloof and individualistic, and i hope, smart. i have been told that im incredibly self aware, and i know that im very self absorbed. (im not at all ashamed of it though, though other people think i should be. i mean, im not SELFISH or inconsiderate. i just think everyone should watch out for themselves. just read the fountainhead.)

i didn't really know what to write about myself here; i was just eye balling it after reading some other "type me" threads. i think i wrote too much but again i had no idea what to say, so i said everything i could think of...haha. let me know if you need to know anything else! i really really really appreciate it.

(if you pick up on any instictual types feel free to let me know- i think i definitely have some self preservation instict in me)

thank yoooou.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok I need time to dig into the enneagram as I am sort of new to it, but based on your discerption you sound like a typical ISFP , you're the ultimate artist, meanwhile I hope people who have more knowledge in enneagram would help you determine your specific enneagram type [emoji4] good luck!

margo505

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
based on your discerption you sound like a typical ISFP

interesting!! I really never understood the mbti system, but from the little research ive done I was thinking I was INFJ or INTJ. but ya I dont really understand it enough to know what im talking about.

figure out what your enneagram type is and let me know, id love to find out :)

Neshama

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We INFJs feel ashamed and are very apologetic if we think we're being perceived as self-absorbed, because of our strong Fe. That sounds more like an ISFP with 4w5, maybe somewhat like an Amber Heard type. Strong attachments to friends indicates Sx first or second, so Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
interesting!! I really never understood the mbti system, but from the little research ive done I was thinking I was INFJ or INTJ. but ya I dont really understand it enough to know what im talking about.

INFJ are also artistic and very creative people, but believe me you are totally NOT INTJ.
But anyway I'm only typing you based on your discerption..
Oh my enneagram type is 2w3 [emoji4] the MBIT is ENFJ (the helper) means you can always depend on me [emoji73]🏻

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

INFJ 4w5
INTJ 5w4

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds IxFP 4w5.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the distinguishing things for me between 4w5 and 5w4 is emotional expression.
Do you tend to express your emotions (people know what mood you are in), or like to connect with people about how you are feeling?
Or do you tend to keep you emotions to yourself and a few trusted people, even ignoring or compartmentalizing your feelings?
Your comment:
"i like talking about how i feel, but only with someone i trust, like my best friend or my therapist."
...sound more like the latter, which makes the 5w4 more likely.
You may also have a strong wing such that the distinction between the two is less useful and depends on the situation.

My 2 cents.

margo505

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the distinguishing things for me between 4w5 and 5w4 is emotional expression.
Do you tend to express your emotions (people know what mood you are in), or like to connect with people about how you are feeling?
Or do you tend to keep you emotions to yourself and a few trusted people, even ignoring or compartmentalizing your feelings?
Your comment:
"i like talking about how i feel, but only with someone i trust, like my best friend or my therapist."
You may also have a strong wing such that the distinction between the two is less useful and depends on the situation.

My 2 cents.

thank you! ive been starting to realize that. I read somewhere that many [female especially] fives will mistype as fours because they think that to be a five they have to be emotionless, and of course they're not, cause they're human and likely not a psychopath. so I think I was having that problem for a little bit.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For finding a type I think it's better to look at the underlying motivations, goals, and values than the visible behaviors, accomplishments, and choices.
The descriptions of types often sounds more like the latter (and that is what can be observed), but the inner stuff is more reliable .. and it's why self identification (rather than typing someone) is ultimately more "accurate" and useful.

So, if you resonate more with 5w4 even if some of the behaviors are different than usually described, especially if the more critical/shadow/negative parts resonate, then I'd say go with that.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your comment:

My 2 cents.

This makes me appear 5w4