First 234

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    From what I can gather, it's saying N to me. But then, the only ESTP's I've ever known have not been great advertisements for type equality... they've all been no-brain peasants that walk round with shaved heads and bare chests in gangs with lager cans in their hands to football matches or else middle aged con men with several failed marriages...
    OUCH!!!

I did know one that was more intelligent and honourable, but I think his wife trained him
    <Raises Hand> I'm one of those! Mom trained me first, now I'm enrolled in wifey's Good Boy Academy. We are trainable, and not all of us sit the <negative> stereotypes typically associated with our 4 letters...

The fact that I allow in my mind for these being not typical or that they're not all like that is me trying really hard not to be typist!
    Understood!

MBTI
    INTJ

Almost two years later, I shamefacedly overturn my verdict. I now believe this EXTP to be an ESTP, as indeed his test result indicated.

I just couldn't get over his facility with theory. He's the kind of guy who manages to ask intelligent and incisive questions at every seminar and in every discussion. Having little RL experience with intelligent STPs in an academic setting, I guess I managed to mistake Ti for Ne.

I am embarrassed to admit that my folly persisted throughout more than a year of his Facebook status updates which are generally about soccer, the weather, food, risque humor, stuff that happens around him, and links to YouTube videos such as this one or the next Batman trailer. And when our other office mate (INFJ) and I have indulged in wide-eyed speculation in front of him or he has seen us exchange pleasure reading (earlier this week I lent him The Blank Slate and he lent me Predictably Irrational) with him failing to engage us, I thought he was simply too cool for us, intellectually speaking, even though he is otherwise friendly with us both and happily goes drinking with the INFJ.

Avatar7, I belatedly concede that you nailed it:

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    ESTP, and here's why:

He considers several points which would call for theory in figuring things out, respectively. But doesn't offer any theories, which is an N thing, to connect with possible solutions. This may tell you he is dealing with concrete facts of what has happened or what has been observable, which is an S thing.

If I were in his shoes writing his message I would have offered you all sorts of ideas to pick-spring your ideas to help confirm, or negate, the reality..me being a knowledge-seeker.

So that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I would ask him to take the Jung Typology test and see what happens
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I would ask him to take the Jung Typology test and see what happens
    Which test are you referring to?

Back in the day I linked him to two tests, humanmetrics and one in our language. He took the latter which pegged him as ESTP. See what he had to say about it in the OP.